Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? (1324 Views)

15 Weird Pets In History That People Dared To Keep / Meet The Australia Woman Who Keeps 5 Crocodiles As Pets In Her Home(Photos) / Cheap Home Remedies For Controlling Ticks In Pets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by oblo(m): 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
I have noticed and always wondered why this happens especially in pets section?

Is there any major reason why?

You ask a price and what you get is " call for price"

Or lets" lets chat on whatsapp"??

May be its just me noticing or this is the norm

1 Like

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
Different buyers have different bargaining power or skills. So a seller stands better chance of getting more gain disclosing a price to a buyer and not fixing a price for all to see.

2 Likes

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by Awotimi(m): 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
Bubewilson:
Different buyers have different bargaining power or skills. So a seller stands better chance of getting more gain disclosing a price to a buyer and not fixing a price for all to see.
You said it all sir.

3 Likes

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by kanbilism: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
putting price on pet will discourage some people from communicating with you about the pet,so without price tag some people will send you whatsapp message with the intention of little price in mind,so as a good marketer you have an opportunity to convince the buyer to add up the money and pick up the pet with vidoes and different pics.price tag not good here for we sellers.

1 Like

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by asids55: 11:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
Bubewilson:

I feel the disadvantage is more if you don't post your prices here,not everyone will want to start adding up different contacts on his phone for the purpose of trying to get the price of a pet,you tend to stimulate impulse buying in pet lovers who had no prior interest in buying a pet when they see a good price and quality pic of your pet,this increases your chance of getting your pet sold off immediately,go to the auto section about 70-80% of sellers there disclose their prices I see no reason why it should be different here..

3 Likes

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by Nobody: 4:18am On Apr 26, 2016
asids55:

I feel the disadvantage is more if you don't post your prices here,not everyone will want to start adding up different contacts on his phone for the purpose of trying to get the price of a pet,you tend to stimulate impulse buying in pet lovers who had no prior interest in buying a pet when they see a good price and quality pic of your pet,this increases your chance of getting your pet sold off immediately,go to the auto section about 70-80% of sellers there disclose their prices I see no reason why it should be different here..
OK you have a point too.

1 Like

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by Mashkov: 5:46am On Apr 26, 2016
@ the poster above. You are right. I have made it a culture, you don't quote price, I move on. Even supermarkets or local markets display price.

If you're ready to sell, you tell me your price rather than giving me instructions in how to get it.

Who get time? angry

3 Likes

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by oblo(m): 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
I know many want to maximise instances like this but it even better to put a price even though high and then in brackets say it's negotiable! That way the buyer and others have a fair price of what is being sold and would be willing to negotiate further.
Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by countsparrow: 9:00am On Apr 27, 2016
Left to me, it is better to include the prices and add negotiable to it just like the poster above me said...
If you add a price, you have the advantage of cutting down the number of unserious buyers that will chat u up and start pricing ur St bernard for 30k, and like someone rightly said, there are many impulse buyers who might not be willing to get a dog at a particular time, but when they see a breed they like with a price they can part with they will contact you.

1 Like

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by ImFortress(m): 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
Mashkov:
@ the poster above. You are right. I have made it a culture, you don't quote price, I move on. Even supermarkets or local markets display price.

If you're ready to sell, you tell me your price rather than giving me instructions in how to get it.

Who get time? angry

Then you're not ready to buy, if you're in NEED you'd contact even the devil.
Asids55 has a point though
Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by ImFortress(m): 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
oblo:
I know many want to maximise instances like this but it even better to put a price even though high and then in brackets say it's negotiable! That way the buyer and others have a fair price of what is being sold and would be willing to negotiate further.
My brother some fools will still ask how much last even though contact is there
So if your point is about the potential buyers lost then you may be right but if it's about stress of adding you're wrong, I say so cause if you're in NEED you'd buy. Not posting price helps separate the chaff.
Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by krak101(m): 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
Going extra miles calling n chatting on WhatsApp can mean dedication on the part of the buyer to buy not just some random freak fooling around with you for fun. Plus it gives the seller better bargaining power

1 Like

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by ImFortress(m): 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2016
krak101:
Going extra miles calling n chatting on WhatsApp can mean dedication on the part of the buyer to buy not just some random freak fooling around with you for fun. Plus it gives the seller better bargaining power

Exactly my point

1 Like

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by teflondoncuzo(m): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
I also wonder why ppl would want to sell and not quote price, in my opinion I think they want to play on innocent ppl who don't know or have idea of the price range so they can sell the animal at an outrageous price

2 Likes

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by ImFortress(m): 11:04am On Apr 29, 2016
teflondoncuzo:
I also wonder why ppl would want to sell and not quote price, in my opinion I think they want to play on innocent ppl who don't know or have idea of the price range so they can sell the animal at an outrageous price

What is outrageous? Is bargaining outrageous? Whatever price one wants to sell his goods is left for him to decide, it's left for the customer to walk away or agree. So you don't have a tangible point.

The reason for not putting price is to show commitment.
Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by Baroba(m): 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
teflondoncuzo:

My brother you just nailed, nothing more to add..

2 Likes

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by oblo(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
Me I still don't see why price would not be stated. Who go buy go buy. But its also good ppl know what a fair price for such would be.

Na until you go open market before you go know say that atarodo pepper you buy for shoprite is way cheaper in the market. grin grin grin grin

Imagine me having to call several sellers because no.price stated only to find out all are not within my reach.

I.just feel its right to put your price. wink
Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by teflondoncuzo(m): 1:41pm On May 01, 2016
[What den happens when I don't actually know the price range of an item and the seller then doubles or triples the price . quote author=ImFortress post=45148104]

What is outrageous? Is bargaining outrageous? Whatever price one wants to sell his goods is left for him to decide, it's left for the customer to walk away or agree. So you don't have a tangible point.

The reason for not putting price is to show commitment.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by ImFortress(m): 7:13am On May 02, 2016
teflondoncuzo:
[What den happens when I don't actually know the price range of an item and the seller then doubles or triples the price . quote author=ImFortress post=45148104]

The reason for not putting price is to show commitment.
That's why you can always call a friend
Re: Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? by teflondoncuzo(m): 12:56pm On May 02, 2016
Who wants to be a millionaire

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

She Keeps Doing This. What Does It Mean? (hot Pic) / Super Boxhead Female Caucasian For Sale.....happy valentine / Hulk Is For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.