Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January (12582 Views)

All Mosques To Be Destroyed, Islam Banned - Angola / Egypt's President El-Sisi Closes 27000 Mosques To Fight Terrorism / Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by lifestyle1(m): 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
undecided
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by chakula: 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2012
Nothing good will come up from this government if not why can't they concentrate on corruption and end it there and then? By so doing the mosque and church will end up having a good balance in their accounts without any superior engage in spending carelessly what does not belongs to him.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Standing5(m): 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2012
tatiana009:

Yes they pay taxes on all their profit making ventures e.g if you own a school and collect school fees that is a business and should be taxed.
Be specific here please, where in this world do church owned schools pay taxes. What you are implying here is that some student should be taxed and the tax collected from them should be used to fund the education of other students elsewhere in public schools. If not for Bad Belle i don't see why you should stoop so low.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by sajawagu: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
This new generation Churches are mere business centers they must be taxed.Holy Ghost fire,Holy Ghost fire them seven times

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by stephenponti(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
Just passing by
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by ezeuba(m): 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2012
stagger: Winners has got nothing to hide. We have too much money because our God is not a poor God.

So you people have a different god from the GOD of all creation. Its OK mumu... one the last day they will ask winners people to stand one side while the rest will stand elsewhere... it's your kind of brainwashed fool that feed these pulpit businessmen fat...

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by ajayioluwatobi(m): 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2012
Kia!!! My pastor in trouble

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by saintvc(m): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
Dis wil chek purchase of private jet
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Standing5(m): 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2012
ezeuba:

So you people have a different god from the GOD of all creation. Its OK mumu... one the last day they will ask winners people to stand one side while the rest will stand elsewhere... it's your kind of brainwashed fool that feed these pulpit businessmen fat...
Don't you think it will be dumb to tax some student through their schools and the proceed used to fund other students education in public schools where admission isn't by merit? Winners Uni as far as i am concerned has nothing to hide. Let our crooked government come out and tell us the average cost that goes into each public school student per year and let's compare it to public school or Winners Uni in particular and you see why Private Schools are Justified.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2012
Standing5:
Be specific here please, where in this world do church owned schools pay taxes. What you are implying here is that some student should be taxed and the tax collected from them should be used to fund the education of other students elsewhere in public schools. If not for Bad Belle i don't see why you should stoop so low.

My dear, all privately owned schools are taxed as long as they are not a charity organisation. A school tha makes money is taxed and the money is used to fix the roads and other things. As long as your business is for profit it is your civic duty to pay tax . You cannot start a bakery as a Church and not expect to pay taxes except you are giving that bread out for free to the homeless. By the way has Jesus said people have turned the house of God into a den of thieves! Remember how Jesus over-turned the tables when he saw them trading in the house of God. A Church as no business involving themselves in profit making ventures but if they chose to do so they have to pay their tax like every other person. Simple

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by ezeuba(m): 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
Standing5: As long as the government does not pay any money to The Church or Any religious body, the church or any Other religious body is not suppose to pay a dime to The Government, except for general public infrastructure and services like Water, Light, and roads they enjoy from the government.

Which planet do u live on? So any entity that doesn't receive money from govt should not pay tax? I should let my admin/finance know about this so they should stop deducting taxes from my salary. If u went to school at all then ur parents or whoever sponsored u has made a very bad investment...

6 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by ezeuba(m): 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
Standing5: Don't you think it will be dumb to tax some student through their schools and used the proceed to fund other students in public schools where admission isn't by merit? Winners Uni as far as i am concerned has nothing to hide. Let our crooked government come out and tell us the average cost that goes into each public school student per year and let's compare it to public school or Winners Uni in particular and you see why Private Schools are Justified.

Hogwash... any entity that engages in profit oriented ventures is liable to report such transactions. Taxation may follow if it is justified...

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2012
ezeuba:

Which planet do u live on? So any entity that doesn't receive money from govt should not pay tax? I should let my admin/finance know about this so they should stop deducting taxes from my salary. If u went to school at all then ur parents or whoever sponsored u has made a very bad investment...

Don't mind him acting like an illitrate. All organisations except for non-profit Organistions are meant to pay taxes. If a Church has a business that makes profit and they do not pay their taxes then they are no better than thieves. They are the ones meant to teach the rest of us to do the right things!

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by honeric01(m): 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2012
Standing5: Don't you think it will be dumb to tax some student through their schools and used the proceed to fund other students in public schools where admission isn't by merit? Winners Uni as far as i am concerned has nothing to hide. Let our crooked government come out and tell us the average cost that goes into each public school student per year and let's compare it to public school or Winners Uni in particular and you see why Private Schools are Justified.

Standing5:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Osanobua~ grin grin grin embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by browncool(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
leenu11:

Typical brain-washed pig! cry cry cry
I wish I could give you more than one like
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by daywatcher: 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2012
seriously mosque also? probably to prevent people from crying foul

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Bandy10: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
It is a welcome development.If the catholic is asked to pay tax in Italy.Nothing stops them from paying in Nigeria after all they all money making organizations.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Standing5(m): 1:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
tatiana009:

Don't mind him acting like an illitrate. All organisations except for non-profit Organistions are meant to pay taxes. If a Church has a business that makes profit and they do not pay their taxes then they are no better than thieves. They are the ones meant to teach the rest of us to do the right things!
Do public school in Nigeria pay tax?
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by yoged(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2012
Whobedatte: YES they do, Digest the post, Even Ashimolowo's KICC pay heavy tax while in the UK, thats Y he has to change location to 9ja, where anything goes. Its a welcome development!!!
... Really?? What I know is that non-profit organisation doesn't pay tax in other countries. I don't see that happening in Nigeria, I don't support it either. That's my opinion.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by tarryT(m): 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2012
alaoeri: Mosque got no financial transaction to report.
Church got no financial transaction to report. I hope they extend this madness to my Egbesu shrine....
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by ganye1: 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
sajawagu: This new generation Churches are mere business centers they must be taxed.Holy Ghost fire,Holy Ghost fire them seven times
Pls, can you explain to me what 'holy ghost fire' mean. I've been hearing it but I don't know what it means.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Standing5(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2012
tatiana009:

My dear, all privately owned schools are taxed as long as they are not a charity organisation. A school tha makes money is taxed and the money is used to fix the roads and other things. As long as your business is for profit it is your civic duty to pay tax . You cannot start a bakery as a Church and not expect to pay taxes except you are giving that bread out for free to the homeless. By the way has Jesus said people have turned the house of God into a den of thieves! Remember how Jesus over-turned the tables when he saw them trading in the house of God. A Church as no business involving themselves in profit making ventures but if they chose to do so they have to pay their tax like every other person. Simple
Maybe u need to be informed that most private schools provide their own water, Electricity, and Road within their campuses or pay for it when they use the publicly available infrastructure.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by stagger: 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2012
leenu11:

Typical brain-washed pig! cry cry cry

Have I ever come to your house to beg you money for food? Why the abusive language?
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by stagger: 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
ezeuba:

God is the same everywhere. You choose how you identify with Him, and which of His attributes mean most to you. Simple.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by buchibabe: 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
ajayioluwatobi: Kia!!! My pastor in trouble

Has ur pastor acquired so much dat u hv to pity him?
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
Standing5: Do public school in Nigeria pay tax?

A public school is not a profit Organisation. That is why the school fees is usually so low, everything is subsidized and the aim of a public school is never to make profit which is the difference. It's the same way NGOs are not taxed but any business that makes profit is taxed that is why private schools are taxed as they make profit. By the way it dosen't matter if you provide your own water or use your own generator. Its the same way the average household provides their own water and electricity and yet your salary will still be taxed. Do they also provide all the roads that lead to the school?

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Leadn(m): 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
tatiana009:

A public school is not a profit Organisation. That is why the school fees is usually so low, everything is subsidized and the aim of a public school is never to make profit which is the difference. It's the same way NGOs are not taxed but any business that makes profit is taxed that is why private schools are taxed as they make profit. By the way it dosen't matter if you provide your own water or use your own generator. Its the same way the average household provides their own water and electricity and yet your salary will still be taxed. Do they also provide all the roads that lead to the school?

Why are people replying this brain-washed "Christians" claiming loserswinners? How will a sane person be arguing that Private universities(especially church owned unis) not to pay tax claiming they "provide their own social amenities"?! Seriously?

IgnorAnce really is a deadly disease cry undecided

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Standing5(m): 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
tatiana009:

Your response is still dumb as usual. why not tell us how much subsidy goes into each public uni student education on the average and lets see how it compares to the fee charged by private unis.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Standing5(m): 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2012
Leadn:

Why are people replying this brain-washed "Christians" claiming loserswinners? How will a sane person be arguing that Private universities(especially church owned unis) not to pay tax claiming they "provide their own social amenities"?! Seriously?

IgnorAnce really is a deadly disease cry undecided
Are u saying church owned private unis don't pay utilities bill when they use public infrastructures? why not grow up and tell us your real problem with
these churches.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by omenka(m): 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2012
But in our own,
people are asking me: “Jim, do you want God to
render account.”

Now, isn't this blasphemy? Since when did pastors and GOs become 'God'?

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Nautillus(m): 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
Story...this is where you will ever see this news...and it dies here.

No religous group will EVER produce financials, it wont work. except nigeria wants to change the laws around churches and charity organizations.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
Standing5: Your response is still dumb as usual. why not tell us how much subsidy goes into each public uni student education on the average and lets see how it compares to the fee charged by private unis.

You're obviously a retard since you do not even know the difference between profit and non-proit. As for subsidy its simply if an OAU student pays 50K max and 1 in a Church owned university pays 200K plus, the differnce is obviously subsidized by the government minus the cost of some services which may not be provided by a public school. All in all we all know that no public school records a profit unlike the private ones no matter if its Church or pagan that owns it.

Oh boy, its now obvious that you didn't even go to school. I haven't come across anyone as slow as you in a long time o. Abeg that thing inside your skull is there for a reason pls try and use it once in a while ok. If not you can always get a good price for it since its obviously never been used...SMH
Standing5: Are u saying church owned private unis don't pay utilities bill when they use public infrastructures? why not grow up and tell us your real problem with
these churches.

Don't you as an individual pay your utility bills? Does this exempt you in any country from still paying your tax? You're really slow o, maybe they need to lay hands on you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Benefits Of Attending A Local Church / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice / My Testimony, My Survival (Graphic Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.