Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,167 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January (12581 Views)

All Mosques To Be Destroyed, Islam Banned - Angola / Egypt's President El-Sisi Closes 27000 Mosques To Fight Terrorism / Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by OsunOriginal: 8:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
Standing5: Maybe u need to be informed that most private schools provide their own water, Electricity, and Road within their campuses or pay for it when they use the publicly available infrastructure.

You are an illiterate who accidentally got access to internet. So, because the school provides road, electricity and water, they should not pay tax. Do you pay for electricity in your house? You dont have borehole or buy water to drink in your house? The company you work for if you are employed, dont they have generator or pay to PHCN for electricity? They dont have their own way of providing water? Why then does government deduct tax from your/staff salary and your company paying tax to government?
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by OsunOriginal: 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2012
Standing5: Are u saying church owned private unis don't pay utilities bill when they use public infrastructures? why not grow up and tell us your real problem with
these churches.

I tell you, you are not suppose to be on NL, FB or any social network. You are still in the formative stage of your life.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by mddude(m): 8:28pm On Nov 26, 2012
Dont see any reason why churches cannot render account. It is the height of transparency. It is human that collects the money not God abi Pastors or Imam are not answerable to anyone again? Like someone said, some of the money might need to be taxed. I work with a non-profit organization that make more money than most for-Profit organization and there are things that my organization cannot do or else it will be heavily taxed. I don't think taxing non-profit is bad if they have excess cash, they are not investing wisely? Of course these churches have money in the bank that is yielding interest - That should be taxable. They pay their pastors and workers, the salary should be taxable too.

I file my taxes every year and I can deduct my contribution to my church out of my taxes. The IRS have all the information. They are not taxing the churches but you know well that they can audit the account of the churches to make sure that they are spending the money under the charter they are created. Not sure if you can justify a church having a Jet in the United States without paying no taxes.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by OsunOriginal: 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2012
emusmith:
Guilty what?? Winners remains where they are among the Richest, if not the Richest...lol.

And where does that take you as a person and your country as a whole? You are still living like animal if you know what good living is. Your country is still one of the poorest in the world and the most corrupt in Africa. Where does all these Winner is the Richest lives a slowpoke like you?
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by OsunOriginal: 8:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
Zet72: Slowpoke what are u saying,the offering&tithe giving to God,should be best in politicians ,hand what a slowpoke u are

Oga pastor, we are talking about tax here not the tithe itself - do you understand now, dumbo?
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by addey(m): 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
stagger: Winners has got nothing to hide. We have too much money because our God is not a poor God.
Hope una get enough salvation too cos all una money go end 4 dis world.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Sleek05(f): 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
Whobedatte: YES they do, Digest the post, Even Ashimolowo's KICC pay heavy tax while in the UK, thats Y he has to change location to 9ja, where anything goes. Its a welcome development!!!

Mr man, must u talk? Why don't u keep just quiet if u don't kno d fact. Ashimolowo pastors KICC in d UK, infact he rarely comes 2 Nigeria. A residential pastor femi faseru pastors d biggest branch of KICC in Lagos. Stop cookin up stories and spewin trash dat u know nuthn about!
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
The end of 'Babylon the great'- the world empire of false religion is approaching. This is just telling us that one of those prophecies in the book of Revelation is gradually coming to fulfillment. Rev:17-18.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Ilekokonit: 11:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January

The Financial Reporting Council has no powers to compel Churches and Mosques to pay tax. That power rests with the Federal Inland Revenue Service which I assume has granted them tax free status if they are regustered Charities.

The day Churches and Mosques start paying taxes on their takings, they will start challenging our corrupt Government which is why our greedy LOOTOcrats will never tax them in the first place.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Redstone(m): 12:10am On Nov 27, 2012
What will happen to pastors who misappropriate church money?

Will federal govt drag them to court on behalf of God or the worshippers?

How will this really play out, I think in my opinion it sounds awkward kind of. But private schools and higher institutions should pay tax wether owned by religious bodies or not cos that is a profit making venture.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 27, 2012
The Jet pastor-preneurs will never reported everything for sure. We shall see how truthful these Men Of God are from the declaration of their financial accounts.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 27, 2012
Whobedatte: Good One, Let the church give what is meant for 'Ceasar unto Ceasar.

I agree. Even Jesus gave to Caesar what belongs to Caesar [Mark 12:17]
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Jazzgreen(m): 2:26am On Nov 27, 2012
But pls , people lik prophet tb JOSHUA shud nt pay tax na. Cos he's using his money to help people and nt buy jet. If u force him to pay tax.dat wud be reducin money mapped out to help d helpless masses which d govt itself cant be able to help dem. Dat wud mean more stomach wil hav to go to bed empty. Pls dnt task Tb JOSHUA. cry

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by darealez(m): 4:14am On Nov 27, 2012
stagger: Winners has got nothing to hide. We have too much money because our God is not a poor God.
So thus RCCG! Or Have you ever seen Jesus begging for Money? No! I'm praying to God for extreme blessing that i might buy RCCG another private, someone is busy shouting! My GOD ain't poor. Wake up Nigerians and stop blaming others for your predicamnent! The likes of dangote who are being heavily taxed ain't shouting cos they are pre occupied with how to make bigger money. It's just some idealess, visionless, unemployed, moneyless little peasant who ought divert there little instinct into doing something profitable who make those irritating noise. Wisen up joor!
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by PastorKun(m): 6:54am On Nov 27, 2012
A lot of ignorance is being exhibited on this thread. Govt is not asking churches/mosques to start paying tax. There is a huge difference btw asking them to render accounts and asking them to pay tax. They are being asked to render accounts to ensure that their monies are being spent based on their NGO status and not being abused or used for personal benefit and not for tax purposes.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2012
darealez:
So thus RCCG! Or Have you ever seen Jesus begging for Money? No! I'm praying to God for extreme blessing that i might buy RCCG another private, someone is busy shouting! My GOD ain't poor. Wake up Nigerians and stop blaming others for your predicamnent! The likes of dangote who are being heavily taxed ain't shouting cos they are pre occupied with how to make bigger money. It's just some idealess, visionless, unemployed, moneyless little peasant who ought divert there little instinct into doing something profitable who make those irritating noise. Wisen up joor!

I THINK YOU SHOULD ALSO PRAY TO GOD TO GIVE U WISDOM TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 27, 2012
OsunOriginal:

I tell you, you are not suppose to be on NL, FB or any social network. You are still in the formative stage of your life.

ABEG NO KILL ME WITH LAUGH
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by aglomar: 11:50am On Nov 27, 2012
Next they will start being taxed.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by GeneralGaricks: 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2012

stop making mess for urself. are u the only winner here
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by Standing5(m): 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2012
OsunOriginal:

And where does that take you as a person and your country as a whole? You are still living like animal if you know what good living is. Your country is still one of the poorest in the world and the most corrupt in Africa. Where does all these Winner is the Richest lives a slowpoke like you?
Irredeemable bastard . . . try to read your silly comments again and humble yourself when next you decide to post.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by missojugo(f): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2012
Nice one. I for one can't wait wink
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by missojugo(f): 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2012
Nice one. I for one can't wait. Maybe it will help some back sliders come back to the God their hearts once yearned for before d jet,limo, range rover etc acquisition took his place!
Re: Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January by wiegraf: 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2012
Jazzgreen: But pls , people lik prophet tb JOSHUA shud nt pay tax na. Cos he's using his money to help people and nt buy jet. If u force him to pay tax.dat wud be reducin money mapped out to help d helpless masses which d govt itself cant be able to help dem. Dat wud mean more stomach wil hav to go to bed empty. Pls dnt task Tb JOSHUA. cry

If he really has nothing to hide, then you shouldn't be worried. The whole point is too weed out those that do have something to hide

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Benefits Of Attending A Local Church / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice / My Testimony, My Survival (Graphic Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.