Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (833259 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
In agreement with what has been said, Cain's wife could easily have been his sister. We already read in this passage that
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and
daughters: Gen 5:4

So it could only mean that he married his sister. In breeding at that point was not yet declared sin at that point. Abraham also married his sister, remember?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
Greetings to the House. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
delkuf: Josh, who is d other daughter. If u trying to say that, cain married his sister then u are wrong, cain has gotten married and start having children before adam and eve gave birth to their next child after cain and label
scripture doesn't say this sir.
Stop trying to read other meanings into scripture.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
Damex333: Del, tell us ur fact, though i may not believe o.
House, me i wan share testimony o. And testimony s not a arguement time o.

Testimony time, Overcomers' time. What's your testimony? smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
Mintayo:
thank you id for the passages,i was about telling him to read from chapter 26.
You're welcome. Hope you're good?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
Ihedinobi: Hi fam smiley

Chest pain tinz...

ARareGem, I was asking for the page numbers, but, ok. My processor is still a bit slow and my RAM is still crowded so I'll hunt the discussion later.
sorry about the pain.
Hope it is not cold.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
idnoble135:
You're welcome. Hope you're good?
I am good,just trying to get my head straight,so many things on my mind.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
Thanks Gem smiley 'Preciate the concern.

Delkuf, the Word did say "male and female created he them". But it also said, "...and every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was NOT a MAN to till the ground."

Consequent upon this, "the LORD God formed man...and...planted a garden...in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed." Later on in verse 19 of the same chapter 2 of Genesis from which I have been quoting, that man was called Adam.

I'm sure you noticed where it was said that there was not a man before the Lord God formed man, note the absence of an article. That absence says that there was nothing called man in existence before the action of forming.

It's quite simple. Not complicated or difficult to understand at all. You only need to pay closer attention when you read.

As for Cain's marriage, there is no reason to think that there was need for anybody to exist outside of Adam and his family for Cain to marry. And your insistence that Cain was married before Adam and Eve had other children is founded on what exactly? Where do the Scriptures say that Cain was married before Seth and his other siblings were born?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
Mintayo:
I am good,just trying to get my head straight,so many things on my mind.
Don't even know what to type. cheesy Hope they are not weighty issues?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2013
Through out the bible, duping d first four chapters written by moses, we can see that the bible don't mention more of the females except they are of great importance. The bible didn't mention but it s certain that cain married his sister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by delkuf(m): 7:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
Please u guys. Shld read genesis 4vs17. It said cain knew his wife and she gave birth to enoch, and if u go down to vs 25 of genesis chapter 4, the bible said adam knew his wife again. Pls note the word again. The first time cain. Knew his wife was in genesis 4vs1 and the produce was cain and abel. Now the bible said adam knew his wife again, in genesis 4vs25, but before that cain has knew his wife and start having children.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
aManFromMars:

grin grin grin grin
You no well. Eh, I'm single... wink
i dont bliv yhu joor...yhu are papa ekene joor

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
ARareGem:

Testimony time, Overcomers' time. What's your testimony? smiley
yeah, to my Testimony.
I remember telling you guys when i was going for an exams, am remember everyone of my family(here in d chatbox) prayed wid me.
I also remembered giving a testimony abt my result, which also result to another testimony from uj.
Now, am giving a testimony and thanking d lord for answering my prayers after some years. I have being given a provision admission into the university. Just thank the Lord with me.
And am praying so that the Lord can perfect all that he has started in my life and family.
Praise the LORD

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
So something happened. I found out yesternight that God had been speaking to me about someone a few days back... someone on this section and if I had been more sensitive and prayed, the horrible thing that happened to that person would have been avoided. It was so strong, I just don't get how I just ignored Him. I feel so bad about it. sad
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
Mintayo:
sorry about the pain.
Hope it is not cold.

No o, my bruva. Thanks for your concern though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
ATMC: i dont bliv yhu joor...yhu are papa ekene joor
grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
ATMC: i dont bliv yhu joor...yhu are papa ekene joor
cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 19, 2013
Damex333: yeah, to my Testimony.
I remember telling you guys when i was going for an exams, am remember everyone of my family(here in d chatbox) prayed wid me.
I also remembered giving a testimony abt my result, which also result to another testimony from uj.
Now, am giving a testimony and thanking d lord for answering my prayers after some years. I have being given a provision admission into the university. Just thank the Lord with me.
And am praying so that the Lord can perfect all that he has started in my life and family.
Praise the LORD

[size=20pt]AMEN[/size], brother. Beautiful news! May He perfect what He has just begun with you. Amen! Congratulations smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
Ihedinobi: Thanks Gem smiley 'Preciate the concern.

Delkuf, the Word did say "male and female created he them". But it also said, "...and every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was NOT a MAN to till the ground."

Consequent upon this, "the LORD God formed man...and...planted a garden...in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed." Later on in verse 19 of the same chapter 2 of Genesis from which I have been quoting, that man was called Adam.

I'm sure you noticed where it was said that there was not a man before the Lord God formed man, note the absence of an article. That absence says that there was nothing called man in existence before the action of forming.

It's quite simple. Not complicated or difficult to understand at all. You only need to pay closer attention when you read.

As for Cain's marriage, there is no reason to think that there was need for anybody to exist outside of Adam and his family for Cain to marry. And your insistence that Cain was married before Adam and Eve had other children is foundes on what exactly? Where do the Scriptures say that Cain was married before Seth and his other siblings were born?
That's right. I wanted to point this out in the genesis passage but somehow could not do so.
@Delkuf, the passage in where you were basing your thesis on, reads,
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female
created he them. Gen 1:27

This passage seems to be confusing, because, we read in chapter 2 that God made man from the dust and the woman from the ribs of the man.
The safe conclusion I deduce is that in this passage, God created the human spirits and not the human flesh.
If your point is to be followed, it means God must have been confused not knowing exactly when He created man-during the six day creation period or after it.
I believe God was not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
Praise the LORD
blessed be the name of the Lord!

Thank God for his mercies
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
Dami, I thank God with you for the Lord's goodness to you. He's always sure to complete what He started. All glory to Him.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
ARareGem: So something happened. I found out yesternight that God had been speaking to me about someone a few days back... someone on this section and if I had been more sensitive and prayed, the horrible thing that happened to that person would have been avoided. It was so strong, I just don't get how I just ignored Him. I feel so bad about it. sad

Eya! sad Just repent of it and pay closer attention next time, sis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by delkuf(m): 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2013
I'd, pls read genesis 1vs28, now notice the word them
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
Praise the LORD
Congrats,God has done great things and indeed,we are glad.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
delkuf: Please u guys. Shld read genesis 4vs17. It said cain knew his wife and she gave birth to enoch, and if u go down to vs 25 of genesis chapter 4, the bible said adam knew his wife again. Pls note the word again. The first time cain. Knew his wife was in genesis 4vs1 and the produce was cain and abel. Now the bible said adam knew his wife again, in genesis 4vs25, but before that cain has knew his wife and start having children.
We already know from the Bible that females were not being mentioned, particularly when it comes to genealogy. Jacob had daughters but none was mentioned save Dianah, and that incident where her name was mentioned was connected to an event of importance.
In the same way, the women not being mentioned in terms of genealogy did not mean they did not exist. Read the whole of chapter 5 and you'd discover that just the men was mentioned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Bella3(f): 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
Papa ekene?? gringrin

hello gud people....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
delkuf: Please u guys. Shld read genesis 4vs17. It said cain knew his wife and she gave birth to enoch, and if u go down to vs 25 of genesis chapter 4, the bible said adam knew his wife again. Pls note the word again. The first time cain. Knew his wife was in genesis 4vs1 and the produce was cain and abel. Now the bible said adam knew his wife again, in genesis 4vs25, but before that cain has knew his wife and start having children.

Bro, in writing, sometimes you break off a story to follow another character and then come back later to do a flashback of what was happening to other characters either before or during the timeline of the character you followed first. That means that it isn't a necessary conclusion to make that Adam and Ece had their other children after Cain had married and had his own children from the premise that Cain's marriage and family were mentioned before Adam and Eve's other children.

And "again" does not mean what you make it out to mean there. It does not speak to the timeline at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
ARareGem: So something happened. I found out yesternight that God had been speaking to me about someone a few days back... someone on this section and if I had been more sensitive and prayed, the horrible thing that happened to that person would have been avoided. It was so strong, I just don't get how I just ignored Him. I feel so bad about it. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
Congrats Dammex, I'm happy for you. May your testimony be a point of contact to all of us that are awaiting one thing or the other. May it be delivered to us all. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
idnoble135:

I know, I'v been asking myself many questions too.

Hello, Bellá.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Bella3(f): 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
ARareGem:

I know, I'v been asking myself many questions too.

Hello, Bellá.
RareGem, how are you??
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
Bélla3: Papa ekene?? gringrin

hello gud people....

U 2.

Hello theRareGem grin.

And Ihe tongue

Speaking about Ihe... Na, let's forget about that. grin

Hi id, an0n, hbg, uj, mint, josh and the rest of the crew. Last day of d wknd tomorrow. Have fun @ church or home.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.