Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,773 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (845470 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Oh, but you were saying that the women who dress kinky are looking for trouble from men.... undecided

Actually I said women who wear micro-minis to work were looking to sleep their way to the top in the business world.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
The.Big.Urban:
Back to the topic,

Feminism is about women's rights, equality and empowerment.

^^
It is the last word that divides feminists- "empowerment"

1)Some feminists take "empowerment" as women getting educated and into places of authority/responsibility
2)Some feminists take "empowerment" as defeating men or getting even with men

It is the second group of feminists that give feminists a bad name. Feminazis

And this is so simple. Forget the "feminazis" sef. There is no point giving em names. We know that in every group or society, there will be people who deviate from the plan and have their own ideals and make up their constitution.

Look at the Muslims, there are Muslims who just want to be Muslims and worship Allah without being violent and mind their business but there are some who go violent in the name of religion hence they kill and destroy. Do we call all Muslims evil cos of that?

In Christianity, the church was known to kill scientists in the old days, hell in their quest for the holy land, they committed sins even I am ashamed of. Are they Christians? Yes but can you hold me responsible for their crimes? Even now, there are Christians who commit crimes in the name of God like Killing their mum cos "God" told them she is a witch. Are they Christians? Is that person a murderer? Can we call all Christians Muderers?

We need to learn to take the good points and treat people for who they are not just generalise and say all Femnists believe in something

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Then give examples of other feminist subcultures that make feminism look bad

I believe I covered that already. If you failed to read it, I can't help you.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2014
texanomaly:

Actually I said women who wear micro-minis to work were looking to sleep their way to the top in the business world.

No one wears micro-minis to work in a formal company.

Stop switching. The word is "mini-skirt".

THE POINT REMAINS; YOU CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. YOU CAN NOT TELL A WOMAN'S INTENTIONS ALWAYS FROM THE WAY SHE DRESSES.

Example

1) A woman with big boobies was sacked from work because her female boss felt that her dressing was indecent in the sense that her boobies were prominent.
However, the woman's boobies were so big that no matter the buttoned blouse she wore, it would be impossible to button it to the top and so, she always left one button undone.

There was no way she could be decent as buttoned blouses were the formal uniform for the company.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
texanomaly:

I believe I covered that already. If you failed to read it, I can't help you.

As expected. You make false claims and then dodge when told to prove them.

Feel free to link to these feminist subcultures that you mentioned.....post the links to your earlier comments on the topic.

should be simple grin grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mynd_44:
And this is so simple. Forget the "feminazis" sef. There is no point giving em names. We know that in every group or society, there will be people who deviate from the plan and have their own ideals and make up their constitution.

Look at the Muslims, there are Muslims who just want to be Muslims and worship Allah without being violent and mind their business but there are some who go violent in the name of religion hence they kill and destroy. Do we call all Muslims evil cos of that?

In Christianity, the church was known to kill scientists in the old days, hell in their quest for the holy land, they committed sins even I am ashamed of. Are they Christians? Yes but can you hold me responsible for their crimes? Even now, there are Christians who commit crimes in the name of God like Killing their mum cos "God" told them she is a witch. Are they Christians? Is that person a murderer? Can we call all Christians Muderers?

We need to learn to take the good points and treat people for who they are not just generalise and say all Femnists believe in something

I agree with what you said.

Very plain truth
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

No one wears micro-minis to work in a formal company.

Stop switching. The word is "mini-skirt".

THE POINT REMAINS; YOU CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. YOU CAN NOT TELL A WOMAN'S INTENTIONS ALWAYS FROM THE WAY SHE DRESSES.

Example

1) A woman with big boobies was sacked from work because her female boss felt that her dressing was indecent in the sense that her boobies were prominent.
However, the woman's boobies were so big that no matter the buttoned blouse she wore, it would be impossible to button it to the top and so, she always left one button undone.

There was no way she could be decent as buttoned blouses were the formal uniform for the company.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...seriously? She can't button her blouse? I am healthily endowed. I can see her dilema. Somehow I can cover my br.easts in the workplace.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
texanomaly:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...seriously? She can't button her blouse? I am healthily endowed. I can see her dilema. Somehow I can cover my br.easts in the workplace.

"Healthily endowed", you say?

grin grin grin grin grin

I wanted to type a more sensible response but my mind is just seeing boobies

Will come back later
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

As expected. You make false claims and then dodge when told to prove them.

Feel free to link to these feminist subcultures that you mentioned.....post the links to your earlier comments on the topic.

should be simple grin grin grin

As I said...my stance is plainly written on this thread. You have commented on most of what I've said here. What more can I do than I have done? If you want to analyze and critique my every comment, be my quest. It is all in black and white. Except for the smilies. They are black and green. Although some have white. Oh...and some have red. Yeah...some have red. Like the kisses, the tongue and the blush. Yup...not all green. grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
texanomaly:

As I said...my stance is plainly written on this thread. You have commented on most of what I've said here. What more can I do than I have done? If you want to analyze and critique my every comment, be my quest. It is all in black and white. Except for the smilies. They are black and green. Although some have white. Oh...and some have red. Yeah...some have red. Like the kisses, the tongue and the blush. Yup...not all green. grin

Tried to read your comment but boobies boobies boobies

cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by netotse(m): 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hey guys,

There is a common theme running through this thread that I think we need to do away with. The idea that for me to be right, the other party must be wrong, things simply dont work that way.

There are people that dress provocatively and they know this(in a fair number of cases). This is wrong, simple and short!
There are men that are unable to control themselves, equally simple and even shorter sef!

Now in the context of this thread:
As christians we are to be guided by the bible and the bible condemns both the men that lack self control and women that dress to tempt. C'est fini. Where is the problem here?

If you dress and your conscience is clear (clear conscience is worlds apart from "I dont care" or "it's not my business if he cant control himself" ) then as a christian you're good to go. If your conscience isnt clear...the matter is between you and God.

Wait sef, why are we focusing on girls sef? Guys tempt girls too na, I mean only Uj has admitted to being tempted by hairy legs(uj chop knuckle jare, nothing do you wink ).

This is the christians chatbox not the lawyers/philosophers hangout spot...let's not long the thing.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
@ neotse

Good point!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
texanomaly:

When did I become the Ambassador de Christian chatbox? I gave my opinion. I’m not the fashion police.

Everyone has made good points. This is my opinion, for what it’s worth. It is never wise to go by what “society” says is appropriate. Most times “society” lets celebrities choose what is “in”.

This is a Christian chatbox. In the end, if you look in the mirror and honestly think, “Yes. I would wear this in front of God.” He sees us always. If we are honest with ourselves and with God, we are good.

This ^^ and

texanomaly:
@ Mynd…Who told you mini shirts are appropriate office attire? If a woman wants to be taken seriously in the workplace, she does not wear a mini skirt. Now if the vibe she is after is, “I’m willing to sleep my way to the top.” Then the micro-mini is the way to go. As for these woman you claim are wearing mini skirts because it’s easier to trek up and down stairs…really? Spare me! There are plenty of longer skirts that are not restricting at all. Kick pleats for one. Seriously? “It’s easier to go up and down the stairs if the person behind me can see my a$$.” bi o ti wa ni yi lare? Excuses are excuses no matter how you package them.
@ topic
There was a time when being naked was the norm, and was not seen as a problem. I see now what PAGAN 9JA meant when he said the media has sexualized nud.ity. It is an unfortunate reality. The innocence is gone. No matter how we try to overlook it. No matter how we try to pretend showing almost everything is not a big deal, it is too late. The images that the commercial media has bombarded us with have guided our minds as to what is “sexy, alluring, and provocative”.
We can look away, we can learn to withstand temptation, we can go back and forth about who may not be attracted to this or that, but in the end we are answerable to God. We need only be honest when we look in the mirror.

this ^^ are why you had to wake up grin

Of course the conclusion is that it is God with Whom we have to do. If we cannot present these arguments we're making here to God Himself, we had better stop doing whatever we feel we need to defend with these arguments.

As far as modesty goes, I think the rule is merely to be considerate how what we do and how we dress affect others. In this particular case, the emphasis is on women because whether feminists agree or disagree the male folk are designed with a vulnerability to women's appearance. Even way back when in Igboland we dressed sparsely, there was a reason for decking oneself out in certain specific manners if you were a woman. A woman took special care to look a certain way when she meant to send out sexxual signals.

That has not changed even if the particular appearance that sends that sexxual message has changed. The story of modesty is merely that women should be careful to avoid sending out those cues.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
netotse: Hey guys,

There is a common theme running through this thread that I think we need to do away with. The idea that for me to be right, the other party must be wrong, things simply dont work that way.

There are people that dress provocatively and they know this(in a fair number of cases). This is wrong, simple and short!
There are men that are unable to control themselves, equally simple and even shorter sef!

As christians we are to be guided by the bible and the bible condemns both the men that lack self control and women that dress to tempt. C'est fini. Where is the problem here?

If you dress and your conscience is clear (clear conscience is worlds apart from "I dont care" or "it's not my business if he cant control himself" ) then as a christian you're good to go. If your conscience isnt clear...the matter is between you and God.

Wait sef, why are we focusing on girls sef? Guys tempt girls too na, I mean only Uj has admitted to being tempted by hairy legs(uj chop knuckle jare, nothing do you wink ).

This is the christians chatbox not the lawyers/philosophers hangout spot...let's not long the thing.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
ihedinobi2:

This ^^ and

this ^^ are why you had to wake up grin

Of course the conclusion is that it is God with Whom we have to do. If we cannot present these arguments we're making here to God Himself, we had better stop doing whatever we feel we need to defend with these arguments.

As far as modesty goes, I think the rule is merely to be considerate how what we do and how we dress affect others. In this particular case, the emphasis is on women because whether feminists agree or disagree the male folk are designed with a vulnerability to women's appearance. Even way back when in Igboland we dressed sparsely, there was a reason for decking oneself out in certain specific manners if you were a woman. A woman took special care to look a certain way when she meant to send out sexxual signals.

That has not changed even if the particular appearance that sends that sexxual message has changed. The story of modesty is merely that women should be careful to avoid sending out those cues.

Dont you feel a little bit foolish or hypocritical when you hammer on women's dressing all the time and yet somehow forget to talk about male dressing.......WHILE YOU ARE A MAN?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
texanomaly:

Did I say women who dress a certain way deserve to be rap.ed? You may have seen that on this thread, but not typed by my hand. No one deserves to be rap.ed.

Did you see that written anywhere here, Tex?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
@ihe...

Thanks for the support. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
ihedinobi2:

indirectly implied
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I believe I did. I could be wrong. Perhaps it was that they cause it themselves, by what they were wearing. It implies something very close to the a fore mentioned though, does it not?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
texanomaly:

I believe I did. I could be wrong. Perhaps it was that they cause it themselves, by what they were wearing. It implies something very close to the a fore mentioned though, does it not?

smiley

Good. Thanks for being honest on this one
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
dagr8:
Yes, life bores when you abandon your NL brother sad
*sugarM*smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
ATMC: *sugarM*smiley
smiley kiss grin smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
netotse: Hey guys,

Netotse. Good one. Thanks.

Here are two things though: the whole point of discussion is to precipitate our wrong notions as well as share our journey so far in any particular issue. I consider it a pity that we sort of dove into a squabble this time around but some of these discussions will do that because we all have pet sins and habits that we won't give up without a fight.

Not that arguing will make us give it up but it shows us how much the thing in question matters to us. You could say that these exchanges uncover the hidden errors in our hearts and our pride. Some of us leave these discourses to travail in prayer because of the things God has shown us here. Others might not. But a good thing does happen no less.

Second. Sometimes it may be necessary to appear to pick a side to enable another person see just how far out they're leaning. As you said here, it seemed that the focus was on women and how they should dress. Yes it was. Even the Bible spoke exclusively to women on the matter. It does not mean that men have no responsibility to dress modestly as well, it is merely compensation. Some of us are more prone to some things than others. In this case, the more vulnerable ones are men. Therefore Scripture focuses on women in order to help men.

Here on this thread there was a strong bias to a woman's right to dress as she pleases. That is one of the big points of conflict for feminism. The perceived polarisation of opinions is due to the need to balance that right out with the attendant responsibilities. As you must know, Christ is all about new rights or freedoms and responsibilities as well. And we tend to pick one and despise the other making it necessary to compensate in the manner that you see on this thread.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
Yetsheyismiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 9:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
netotse:

wink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
texanomaly:

I see.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was in my responses that you think you saw it. So I'll take responsibility to clear that up.

Allow me to do that by calling your attention to the story of the sin in the Garden. It's in Genesis 3. There, if you remember, Adam ate of the fruit of the tree that God commanded him not to even touch. Now, do you remember how God's judgment of the situation and the sentients involved went?

When He accosted Adam, Adam pointed at his wife. Do you remember what God did? God is absolutely and truly just. But He did not say to Adam, "you should have known better." Rather He accosted Adam's wife as well and she pointed to the Serpent. Note again that He did not say immediately to her that she should have known better. Rather He accosted the Serpent as well.

To say that a man should control himself even when he is tempted by a woman clad in skimpy outfits is not to say something bad. It is true and good. A man will never be justified for raaping a woman because she enticed him. Adam was not freed from judgment merely because his wife was culpable too, he was punished for his crime too. Regardless, Eve was also guilty in her part and she suffered for her own sin.

A woman is responsible for her appearance. If it is enticing, she may suffer raape. If it is not, she may not. If a man raapes her because he was strongly urged upon sight of her appearance, he deserves what's coming to him, but if she was found dressed in such a way as to elicit sexxual interest, you tell me if she reaped what she didn't sow.

I know that we live in emotional days where everything and everyone including God Himself is judged by how we feel about them. But whether we feel good about it or no, there are truths that will never change. We are responsible beings all of us. Men are responsible to conduct themselves with decorum regardless how a woman is dressed. And women are responsible to avoid dressing in ways that are likely to draw sexxual attention that they do not want.

I sincerely hope that you understand now.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
Good. Seun finally explains. Will get the link and modify in a jiffy.

Wondered when he would get down to building a company for this thing. Good move. Finally.

https://www.nairaland.com/1793151/concerning-catastrophic-loss-valuable-data

Edited.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
Serious question for texanomaly and the other women on this chatbox. So if you decide to wear slippers on a summer day but with a modest dressing (big flowing gown) but then, a man with a foot fetish harasses you......would you then make the argument that it was your fault that you chose to arouse the man with your slippers and show your beautiful feet?

Going by popular opinion here, I'm never to walk out of my house in a slipper again so that men with foot fetish won't be tempted to come a-nibbling.

Hell, I'm probably not allowed to leave my house either. Someone asked if we are allowed to 'display' what beauty God has endowed us. It's a strange question for anyone to ask undecided
A man says the sight of my face can make a pastor sin(and he was a pastor) and another says staring at my eyes makes him imagine it all fogged up when he has me in his bed kissing every inch of my skin. My, how many men are thinking things like this women? Should we all borrow the dressing of our Arab neighbours? Seriously guys let's face it, something about a woman's body will always tempt someone out there. It's why men learn to exercise self control.
I must say though that it is shocking that someone here doesn't think the intent of a person should be considered when an act is carried. What did God say again about judging from the heart of man? If I wear my mini skirt and a jacket to work, it's because i like the way it looks on me, and i love the way it makes me feel. If i wear it with the intention of getting men to stumble, then I'm wrong for causing a brother to stumble. If I am aware that Mr A gets a hardon whenever I wink or blow him a kiss, and deliberately continue to do that, then i am guilty of being uncharitable(or lacking love if you please). We cannot eliminate intent in this discussion, and we cannot eliminate the culture of people whole at it.

That said, let me just add that men should package themselves well too.
I like hairy legs, and chests. In fact i just love hairs on a guy. So please for my sake and that of every girl like me out there, go get yourself waxed if you plan on coming out in shorts or shirtless angry In short I'm even bothered by your hairless chest and abdomen too so please wear a shirt--and no form fitting one.
Thank you!

I realise not many women talk about their sexual fantasies--better self control or self deceit? It isn't helping in any way though, because now some men think we can't pepper spray them into submission and have our merry way with their bodies cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
Gee! Who said that intent does not matter?

Still, dress in nothing with the best intents and "he that offends ignorantly shall [still] receive few stripes".
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
ATMC: Yetsheyismiley

Hi ATMC kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Dont you feel a little bit foolish or hypocritical when you hammer on women's dressing all the time and yet somehow forget to talk about male dressing.......WHILE YOU ARE A MAN?

Hmmmm, lemme see....eeerrr, no. No I don't.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
I'm pretty sure someone made a point of stressing "tempered and tampered" like the former wasn't something to be considered.

I don't suppose while i was away someone bothered to define modesty? Is there any biblical definition for it, anyone?

And while we are at it, maybe someone can also lay down the general and specific rules guiding how a woman must dress and what percentage of male lustfully affected dictates if she is guilty of causing a brother to stumble.

Thank you for your anticipated response smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.