Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (832598 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 10:44am On Oct 11, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Lol. Did Mac ban you and you came straight to the Christian Chatbox to "retaliate"? grin

Anyway, that is not what I have said, my friend. If this interests you, keep attentive and you'll soon discover what makes a Christian one.

Nice try but fail. Mac has already met his karma.

Guy, your point was as clear as daylight. No need to argue. You failed. Have you noticed that people have become more critical of your preaching? Remember when you asked me what I gain from opposing you? grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:48am On Oct 11, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

Nice try but fail. Mac has already met his karma.

Guy, your point was as clear as daylight. No need to argue. You failed. Have you noticed that people have become more critical of your preaching? Remember when you asked me what I gain from opposing you? grin grin
So I have already made a point? undecided

Lol. Just stick around, dude.

Btw, I had a feeling it was you. Your obssession with Mac is incredible. grin

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2014
ihedinobi2:

So I have already made a point? undecided

Lol. Just stick around, dude.

Btw, I had a feeling it was you. Your obssession with Mac is incredible. grin

lol....a mod keeps banning someone for no reason. Yet, it is not the mod but the other person that is obsessed.

Remind me again how you became a teacher?

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

lol....a mod keeps banning someone for no reason. Yet, it is not the mod but the other person that is obsessed.

Remind me again how you became a teacher?
Well, if someone keeps banning you for no reason and you insist on staying within his sphere of influence, what am I to call you, huh? grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 12:27pm On Oct 11, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Well, if someone keeps banning you for no reason and you insist on staying within his sphere of influence, what am I to call you, huh? grin

A freedom fighter?

Sometimes I wonder just how badly your brain is damaged

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

A freedom fighter?

Sometimes I wonder just how badly your brain is damaged
Lol. Now I have brain damage too! You are one hilarious dude.

So, freedom from what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hailings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hailings also...

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
Ajibam...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
@MusKeeto and @vickyO, hailings back at y'all.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 9:56pm On Oct 11, 2014
ihedinobi2:
LESSON FOUR...

GOD. That's a word. A word that has affected and still affects the world in profound ways. But what does it really mean? Who or what is God? What idea does the word or is the word supposed to invoke in a mind? And thus what was the big deal in Peter's declaration?

Dictionary meanings say a lot of things. But what does the word evoke in your mind when you hear it? Power, not so? Irresistible will, right? The general idea is one of Infinity and Limitlessness. And every myth and superstition various cultures have held have played around that theme. There were disappointing gods who failed to live up to their name, like the Greek gods which were more products of romantic storytelling than of philosophy. There were those dark and terrifying gods that humans only tried to keep at bay.

What really does God mean? What has all of human philosophy been feeling around for when it speaks of God?

Think about it for a moment.

@ bold;
grin grin grin grin

lol....you probably learnt Greek mythology from hollywood movies.

My guy, go and read before you expose your ignorant self. You do realise that the Greek mythology and tradition is far more philosophical than the Judeo-christian one?

Teacher, dont teach me nonsense
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

@ bold;
grin grin grin grin

lol....you probably learnt Greek mythology from hollywood movies.

My guy, go and read before you expose your ignorant self. You do realise that the Greek mythology and tradition is far more philosophical than the Judeo-christian one?

Teacher, dont teach me nonsense

@bold: go on...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by herald9: 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
I won't stay away from this thread again...

It's getting more interestinggrin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
ARareGem, hiiiii! How are ya?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 11:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
LESSON SIX....

If God is that which possesses all the power and all the authority, there can only be one God. If more than one entity, for want of a better word, exists that possesses such power and authority, they must all exist in absolute unity, such unity that they must necessarily be one being with one will.

This is all to explain what a true God is. It is that which cannot be opposed, that which is superior to absolutely everything without exception.

If that is the case, try to imagine what it meant for Peter to look at a man that they knew functioned almost completely like every other man and call him God.

Do you get the enormity of his statement yet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 11:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
ihedinobi2:
LESSON SIX....

If God is that which possesses all the power and all the authority, there can only be one God. If more than one entity, for want of a better word, exists that possesses such power and authority, they must all exist in absolute unity, such unity that they must necessarily be one being with one will.

This is all to explain what a true God is. It is that which cannot be opposed, that which is superior to absolutely everything without exception.

If that is the case, try to imagine what it meant for Peter to look at a man that they knew functioned almost completely like every other man and call him God.

grin grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 1:02am On Oct 12, 2014
ARareGem:
Ajibam...
Ma
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 2:13pm On Oct 13, 2014
ihedinobi2,

Abi people dey fear your teaching?

grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

grin grin grin

Am inspired.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:
LESSON SIX....

Well put. Am inspired.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2014
LESSON SEVEN....

It is important to remember that God is a kind of being. It is not a personal name anymore than "human" is. So when someone is refered to as son of God, try to imagine what it means to call someone son of human or man too in order to make sense of that.

What does it mean to say that someone is a son of man? That phrase is used quite a few times in the Bible. Most notably it is used in the book of Ezekiel and was used to address Ezekiel himself there. It is found also in the book of Job, in Numbers and in the book of Daniel too. In all of these places, the sense one gets is "one of humanity". "Son of Man" means a member of the human race or, simply put, "man".

Thus, "Son of God" is that which is deity. It isn't a term speaking so much of progeny as it is one speaking of kind. I think you will find it interesting that throughout the Gospels Jesus refered to Himself both as Son of Man and Son of God.

Now, you see that what Peter did was call a man God, do you? And that was what Christ said He would establish His Church on.

"Upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

The rock. Is it really Peter's grand claim about Jesus of Nazareth?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:24am On Oct 14, 2014
LESSON EIGHT....

Jesus said to Simon, you are Peter and upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Peter means "stone" or "rock". Did Jesus mean that He was going to found His eternal Church on the man called Simon whom He surnamed Peter? Considering that He said to the same man later on that He would give him the keys of heaven and the power to forgive or retain sin, it would seem so, would it not?

But consider that Paul speaking by the Holy Spirit (all Scripture is God-breathed, say the Scriptures) said that no other foundation can any man lay other than that which is laid, that is Jesus Christ. So, is Jesus the Christ, Son of the Living God the foundation of the Church? Or is Peter?

Is Peter PART of the Church? Or is he the HEAD of the Church?

Is Jesus the Christ PART of the Church? Or is He the HEAD of the Church?

Think about these questions for a bit.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by eldma05: 11:23am On Oct 14, 2014
Bless You,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hmm ihe...I dey follow. That verse involving Peter is the bedrock of some churches. I'll love to see how you proceed. I'm confused on the matter myself. Thank you for your time and effort so far.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
We are learning. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by eldma05: 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
ooh
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
@An0nimus and @FrancisTony, smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
LESSON NINE.....

What does Peter himself say? See 1 Peter 2:4-7. What does that part of his letter say to you? Does it suggest that Peter thought that he himself was the chief corner stone, the stone that God laid up in Zion? Or did it sound like he spoke of somebody else?

Note that Peter refered to Christians as "lively (or life-filled, or living) stones" in that Scripture. Does that help explain why Jesus called him Peter or Cephas? Was Jesus essentially naming Peter not THE rock but A rock, like Himself? Was He essentially naming Peter ONE of HIS own rather than THE HEAD of His own?

There is no question that it is significant that Jesus called Simon "rock". But judging by Peter's own words, the significance is not that Peter himself is the foundation of the Church. We will discover the significance in a little while.

We have two witnesses now to the fact that Peter was not the foundation that Jesus refered to and one of them from Peter himself.

The rock upon which Jesus would build His Church was Jesus Himself. The Church, the assembly of called-out ones who can claim God for their parentage is established on Jesus Christ Himself.

One reason this matters is that no building is more durable than its foundation. The quality and the character of a foundation determines the integrity of the structure built upon it.

Would the Church have much hope if it was built upon fallible man? Or would it truly outlast every challenge that all the powers of Hell can throw at her because it is founded upon something far more sturdy than a man, a devoted man maybe but still just a man?

Take some time to meditate on this. Tomorrow we will end this module about what Christians believe that nobody else does.

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.