Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,941 members, 7,863,317 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:15 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (848231 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
lanaVello1:
honestly,didn't expect that from hbg.Seriously gonna write off a belief because of the vices of some its practitioners or worse still because its not yours?? whatever happened to tolerance? angry
Trust me, I have tolerated more than you can ever tolerate. Its written in arabic, the holy quran, there's nothing peaceful about islam. I don't hate anybody and I sure tolerate everyone or I would have been isolated in my house locked because I hate others who have different opinions when it comes to religion. I just hate the hypocrisy behind it all.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by lanaVello1(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
@ bolded, that said why are you voting him What good can he do? Islam is not just a religion, go and do your research. This isn't just about politics, I wish people would listen sha.

#case closed.
#case reopened, i'm voting him cos i desire change and a president that can take firm decisions,not a clueless one. He's a firm man,stop making mountains out of hills...islamization of the nation is a no-go-area
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
Nice discussion guys
@Buhari...I don't see him becoming the president....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
dagr8!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
Long time
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
texanomaly:
dagr8!!!
Happy new year smiley...How have you been?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
dagr8:

Happy new year smiley...How have you been?
Been great! You?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
I have been good o, trying to hit the best
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
Is Goodluck Jonathan a Christian?
Who is a Christian?
Is it right for Christians to show so much angst at a man who they fear might seize their right to believe, yet support a man under whom over 250 girls were kidnapped for months yet has shown no sign of concern?
What role should the Christian play in politics, leadership and nation building?

Maybe, y'all should dwell on those questions a little bit. If you can, apply sound reasoning devoid of sentiments. Above all, let love and truth guide you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:02am On Jan 19, 2015
Isn't Fashola a muslim? He is the governor of Lagos state and yet, he did far better than any christian governor of the state.

Even in the bible, Ceasar was not a christian or jew.

I understand that we christians have to be careful with islamists who want to impose sharia law but not all muslims are islamists. Also, it is impossible to islamize the whole of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by joseph1832(m): 7:05am On Jan 19, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
Isn't Fashola a muslim? He is the governor of Lagos state and yet, he did far better than any christian governor of the state.

Even in the bible, Ceasar was not a christian or jew.

I understand that we christians have to be careful with islamists who want to impose sharia law but not all muslims are islamists. Also, it is impossible to islamize the whole of Nigeria.
This is something some christians don't understand. How possible do they think it is to islamize Nigeria?. Even if Buhari wants to, do they really think CAN would allow him? When he was military H.O.S he had all the power and impetus to do that but he didn't.

I believe some christians are just using this 'islamization of Nigeria' is to paint Buhari black.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 19, 2015
My take about this issue; it's obvious that GEJ & GMB are two evils.
Why are Nigerians being dumb and myopic.
Imagine someone saying that he'd choose the lesser evil.

GEJ- He's clueless and incompetent and i'll never vote him.

GMB- APC is a fraud party selling fraudlent idea to us. There pseudo-change is arrant nonsense. If you believe so much in change, there are many Northern islamic politicians who would do that, not Buhari. Aren't we leaders of tomorrow? He once failed and you're still rooting for him.

QUESTION FOR THE DAY- Is Buhari and Jonathan the only aspirants vying for the presidential seat? Isn't it high time we started seeing beyond PDP and APC gibberish.

Lord have mercy- We are our own problem....

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:27am On Jan 19, 2015
joseph1832:
This is something some christians don't understand. How possible do they think it is to islamize Nigeria?. Even if Buhari wants to, do they really think CAN would allow him? When he was military H.O.S he had all the power and impetus to do that but he didn't.

I believe some christians are just using this 'islamization of Nigeria' is to paint Buhari black.

You said it all.

The islamization is a red herring.

However, we have a choice between an incompetent GEJ and an illiterate Byhari

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Trust me, I have tolerated more than you can ever tolerate. Its written in arabic, the holy quran, there's nothing peaceful about islam. I don't hate anybody and I sure tolerate everyone or I would have been isolated in my house locked because I hate others who have different opinions when it comes to religion. I just hate the hypocrisy behind it all.
That's the truth, and it's not about hate. Nothing peaceful about Islam. The problem is Islam and not Muslims. And the hypocrisy can not be hidden!

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
FrancisTony:
My take about this issue; it's obvious that GEJ & GMB are two evils.
Why are Nigerians being dumb and myopic.
Imagine someone saying that he'd choose the lesser evil.

GEJ- He's clueless and incompetent and i'll never vote him.

GMB- APC is a fraud party selling fraudlent idea to us. There pseudo-change is arrant nonsense. If you believe so much in change, there are many Northern islamic politicians who would do that, not Buhari. Aren't we leaders of tomorrow? He once failed and you're still rooting for him.

QUESTION FOR THE DAY- Is Buhari and Jonathan the only aspirants vying for the presidential seat? Isn't it high time we started seeing beyond PDP and APC gibberish.

Lord have mercy- We are our own problem....
Interestingly, That's what I was discussing with someone, are there no other parties apart from apc and pdp? Are we saying that there are no other credible individual in other parties?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mintayo:

Interestingly, That's what I was discussing with someone, are there no other parties apart from apc and pdp? Are we saying that there are no other credible individual in other parties?
Nigerians will keep living in their self-stupidity until they change...
The change isn't held by any man, but it's within us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 1:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
FrancisTony:

I have been reading your posts and from it, I see that you are generalising a lot.

You too are a Nigerian. You are not the only one that wants better candidates or even a 3rd party solution

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I have been reading your posts and from it, I see that you are generalising a lot.

You too are a Nigerian. You are not the only one that wants better candidates or even a 3rd party solution
Yes, I'm generalising because i'm also guilty.

Comes febuary14th, I won't vote because you can't just tell a man like me to choose lesser evil.

For what? Who want an evil....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
A flash of what i saw this morning made me come here to write this.
I usually follow nairaland from time to time because i have had my own very tough spiritual challenges and God saw me through it all.
Not more than five days ago, i wanted to study the word and after praying that God should lead me where to read and where i was led to was Mark 13 from vs 14-27. It was talking about the awful horror that would take place. Unlike me i said some prayer concerning that event.
Fast forward to this morning around some minutes to 8 in the morning, i was half awake half asleep and the flash came just like a dream i was hearing shouts as if it was from afar and then it was coming closer then i started seeing flying objects bigger than planes like all these flying objects that aliens use to fly to earth in all these movies flying all over, there where giant beings that where not human walking around, there was destruction everywhere, i panicked but then i remembered what i read from the Bible which was for everyone to remain where they were. I was sitting on a couch, i just held the person next to me and started singing praises and everything vanished.
All these took place in less than 3 minutes, i jumped up from my bed and had to look for a way to share.
I do not know when this will happen but i just want to use this medium to tell all those waiting on the Lord that are getting weary to stand firm because he is coming soon and for unbelievers to please repent and be prepared for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ because he is coming soon.
Please if you can share with your family and friends. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
FrancisTony:

Yes, I'm generalising because i'm also guilty.

Comes febuary14th, I won't vote because you can't just tell a man like me to choose lesser evil.

For what? Who want an evil....

half yam is better than none
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 7:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
FrancisTony:

Exactly, That's what we don't know, we are the change Nigeria needs!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
you keep at that because he isn't yet your president.
No, he cannot. My only concern is that he is dumber than Jonathan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
Where is that muskeeto of a boy who always shares a testament of an unfit man? The way these two men are promoted you'd think they possess twice the IQ of every Nigerian.

Goodluck is dumb but Buhari is dumber. A battle of the dumb and dumber and the dumbest whose memories have become history.

Muskeeto come here.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by evangel20: 10:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
[url=faithbook.cf]Faithbook.cf[/url] is an interdenominational christian network aimed at expanding the Goodnews to all ends of the earth. Even as we carry out Gods mission to us christians as stated in mark 16:15 (our motto) in the physical form via churches and missions, we should not neglect one other means the devil uses to get many astray - THE INTERNET. Thus the expansion of the Goodnews online as well as trying to establish a community of believers in the internet as it is in the physical form (acts2vs42-47) ............

Featured contents includes; G.W.T - Gods Word Today, Latest music & movies, World christian news, Shared testimonies & experiences, Kids & Teens sections, Prayer request, Relationships talks, The 700 Club specials, Groups & Forums, Live chat via Chat rooms, And much more.....

You also have the limited ability to upload and unlimited ability to download any christian file.

As a christian who is opportuned in having internet connectivity, little is to be spoken of how influential the internet is in this age, hence the need to use it, as a counter-weapon for winning souls for christ, even as we(members inside) encourage one another in keeping the faith.

So what are you waiting for? join us now! @ [url=faithbook.cf]Faithbook.cf[/url] - Strengthening our Christian Faith as we expand the Good news!

We are also on FB/faithbookonline and twitter @faithbookonline.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 11:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

You said it all.

The islamization is a red herring.

This reminds of an American presidential hopeful...John F. Kennedy was Catholic. The opposition continuously put out propaganda that if he were elected, the Catholic Church would be running our country.

He was elected, and as it turns out, he was a major force for good. He was pivotal in affecting policies that changed the social, economic and military climate of America for the better.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:01am On Jan 20, 2015
texanomaly:

This reminds of an American presidential hopeful...John F. Kennedy was Catholic. The opposition continuously put out propaganda that if he were elected, the Catholic Church would be running our country.

He was elected, and as it turns out, he was a major force for good. He was pivotal in affecting policies that changed the social, economic and military climate of America for the better.

That's interesting. Wasn't he Assassinated?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 12:05am On Jan 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

That's interesting. Wasn't he Assassinated?

Yes. There were some who didn't like the changes he made.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:08am On Jan 20, 2015
texanomaly:

Yes. There were some who didn't like the changes he made.

Wow. Some people don't like progress.

If I recall, your elections are due next year.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 12:16am On Jan 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Wow. Some people don't like progress.

If I recall, your elections are due next year.
Yup
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 20, 2015
Reyginus:
Where is that muskeeto of a boy who always shares a testament of an unfit man? The way these two men are promoted you'd think they possess twice the IQ of every Nigerian.

Goodluck is dumb but Buhari is dumber. A battle of the dumb and dumber and the dumbest whose memories have become history.

Muskeeto come here.
- Leadership is more than just intellect.
- It would be impossible to convince me that a man who has kept up with Apc's campaign schedule is not healthy.
That being said, please trace Goodluck Jonathan's political history from the swamps of Otueke to the glamor of Aso Rock and present whatever he has done that would be described as his legacy. If the SE and the SS are made soveriegn regions today, would GEJ be considered a fit to rule those nations? Jonathan has nothing to offer and never will.
Has the Niger Delta benefitted from his presidency? Why hasn't Jonathan been unable to break this 'image' of being a Southern president rather than a 'Nigerian' one?
Jonathan has failed as leader on all counts. And he has enough time to prove those who question his leadership abilities wrong. And he failed. Woefully.

That being said, is Buhari a better choice? What does Buhari have to offer? Honestly, I can't say. I was a registered member of CPC during the last elections. After the merger, I hoped that APC wouldn't pick Buhari as candidate. I still believe that the APC had a lot of better candidates to pick from. But the delegates voted and made their choice. So no need crying over spilt milk.
Does APC represent change? Oh yes, they do. In the sense that those who have access to our nation's funds and have been responsible for implementing failed policies might be kicked out of their positions and replaced by other untested hands. Let us see what they have to offer.

A vote for GEJ is a vote for Asari Dokubo, Alameiseigha, Bode George, Fayose, Ali Modu Sheriff. A vote for GEJ is approval of beyond mediocre performance. A vote for GEJ would be akin to signing the death of warrant of our dear nation. A vote for GEJ is a vote for those who raised 21billion for GEJ. They would want their money back after the elections. And that cash will come from our already empty pockets.
A vote for GEJ would be standing on the side of Boko Haram, a signal that we support that the man who has been unable to stop them.
A vote for GEJ would be an insult to the over 200 girls, fellow Nigerians, still missing. Probably raped. Or even better dead.

Anyone but GEJ would do for me. For those who ask if we do not have any choice, I wish we did. The truth is politics is about money and numbers. These two parties command both in large quantity. You'd be foolish, or maybe even psychotic, to think of running against them. That is the truth. Some of those individual runnig against them are probably in it to improve their CV, just like Dele Momodu in 2011.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 20, 2015
texanomaly:
Yup
Hilary?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 1:22am On Jan 20, 2015
musKeeto:

Hilary?

No

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Defeat Depression / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.