Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,702 members, 7,862,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:18 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (847898 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 12:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
dagr8:
Nice discussion guys
@Buhari...I don't see him becoming the president....
Dude, happy new year, bro. Long time. Been wanting to email you. What's up? I'll try to do you one later today but it'll be from a different address. Have had troubles with my Nairaland email since last month or so. I hope you're doing good, bro.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Reyginus:
Where is that muskeeto of a boy who always shares a testament of an unfit man? The way these two men are promoted you'd think they possess twice the IQ of every Nigerian.

Goodluck is dumb but Buhari is dumber. A battle of the dumb and dumber and the dumbest whose memories have become history.

Muskeeto come here.
Chai Reyginus gringringrin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
Talk about other Presidential aspirants apart from the big two y'all need to watch NTA 9pm news where these other candidates present their manifestoes. Like Muskeeto said it's just to create a new entry on their CV's.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
musKeeto:

- Leadership is more than just intellect.
- It would be impossible to convince me that a man who has kept up with Apc's campaign schedule is not healthy.
That being said, please trace Goodluck Jonathan's political history from the swamps of Otueke to the glamor of Aso Rock and present whatever he has done that would be described as his legacy. If the SE and the SS are made soveriegn regions today, would GEJ be considered a fit to rule those nations? Jonathan has nothing to offer and never will.
Has the Niger Delta benefitted from his presidency? Why hasn't Jonathan been unable to break this 'image' of being a Southern president rather than a 'Nigerian' one?
Jonathan has failed as leader on all counts. And he has enough time to prove those who question his leadership abilities wrong. And he failed. Woefully.

That being said, is Buhari a better choice? What does Buhari have to offer? Honestly, I can't say. I was a registered member of CPC during the last elections. After the merger, I hoped that APC wouldn't pick Buhari as candidate. I still believe that the APC had a lot of better candidates to pick from. But the delegates voted and made their choice. So no need crying over spilt milk.
Does APC represent change? Oh yes, they do. In the sense that those who have access to our nation's funds and have been responsible for implementing failed policies might be kicked out of their positions and replaced by other untested hands. Let us see what they have to offer.

A vote for GEJ is a vote for Asari Dokubo, Alameiseigha, Bode George, Fayose, Ali Modu Sheriff. A vote for GEJ is approval of beyond mediocre performance. A vote for GEJ would be akin to signing the death of warrant of our dear nation. A vote for GEJ is a vote for those who raised 21billion for GEJ. They would want their money back after the elections. And that cash will come from our already empty pockets.
A vote for GEJ would be standing on the side of Boko Haram, a signal that we support that the man who has been unable to stop them.
A vote for GEJ would be an insult to the over 200 girls, fellow Nigerians, still missing. Probably raped. Or even better dead.

Anyone but GEJ would do for me. For those who ask if we do not have any choice, I wish we did. The truth is politics is about money and numbers. These two parties command both in large quantity. You'd be foolish, or maybe even psychotic, to think of running against them. That is the truth. Some of those individual runnig against them are probably in it to improve their CV, just like Dele Momodu in 2011.

This is the same statement made by the dudes in politics section. I want us to argue logically and not some already rehearsed statement on what we are yet to talk about. I am not voting for any but the way they are projected overrides commonsense.

Let's commence like this. Is change inherently a good thing or a bad thing? Just be patient.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
An0nimus:

Chai Reyginus gringringrin
I am really serious, bro. I can stake my life that my brother Muskeeto is more intellegent that the buhari of a guy. The only place he can do better than Muskeeto is in stretching the limit of cluelessness. I am serious.

GEJ of a man disguises timidity for wisdom. I hate timidity but more when it is spiced with a pinch of cluelessness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
About politics, I think that an unsympathetic leader is a terrible leader to have. Sometimes a leader has to go contrary to the wishes and idiosyncracies of his charges but even then a leader is clear about what he's doing and why he's doing it. Communication is vital and it should be clear that the leader cares for his charges and is in charge of their destiny, that is, he hasn't lost control of their destiny to adverse elements.

That is where I think Jonathan really lost it. I'm getting information now that he did make gains for the Nigerian state, but what use are they when Nigerians are dying in their thousands and getting displaced in their hundreds of thousands? If we knew why he thinks we should endure what is happening right now and whether it will go on indefinitely or be checked before we're all killed or pushed into the sea we'd all be more comfortable with him. But we don't know. So we cannot trust him with further leadership.

Buhari. I think it's telling that he keeps trying to win. He's 72 now. At this age typically, politicians become elder statesmen advising the younger ones who hold the reins of power on what to do with them. But he's still running. I think that's telling. He has an agenda. Apparently it is to fight corruption and fix our institutions. And his track record suggests that this is what he will do indeed.

But can we trust that the years haven't changed him? APC is in no way ideologically different from the PDP. Can we trust him to carry out an anti-corruption, institution-fixing agenda on the backs of known rogues? I would risk it but then it would still be a risk.

Will he islamize Nigeria? I'm not naïve. It's not easy to islamize a democratic country. But neither is it impossible. It takes a long-term plan to compromise the legislature and judiciary to accomplish that. Like I said, it is not impossible but it is very costly in time and other resources. However powerful the Nigerian president is, he is severely limited by the National Assembly which is made up of two different houses that often disagree and are each composed from political representatives of every single state in the Nigeria.

It would take a long-term plan and very strong incentives to gain the majority votes in these houses. Or drastic terrorist actions to make the president powerful enough to accomplish islamization.

So unless this islamization process has been unfolding for some time before now, there is little reason to fear it.

However, I just read how much better the North's road networks are than the South's. My question would be what a staunch Northerner would do about things like that. Economically and politically (not mentioning ideologically), this country is polarized and we need to pull it together. The thought that we are various nations with different destinies is not healthy for our country. Is Buhari able to give us the single, clear national identity we need? Or is he going to perpetuate the idea that the North wants to keep the South annexed to continue nourishing itself at the latter's expense?

In short, what can we trust Buhari to do? One of the most annoying things about Nigerian politics is how difficult it is to tell exactly what any gladiator is proposing to accomplish and how they mean to do it in the face of prevailing realities. Why does Buhari not try to change that for us? There are fewer fools today than there were before. Has he not noticed? If Jonathan's administration accomplished nothing, it sure made Nigerians start asking questions. If he does not know this, he is remarkably underqualified for Aso Rock.

Jonathan has neither inspired respect nor confidence in me since I watched his first media chat. I have waited patiently in the hopes that there is something he is doing behind the "mask of ineptitude" (as I thought it was). I'm still open to explanations for why his administration has done embarrassing things like first deny that any girl was kidnapped right up to the First Lady's remarkable "diarisGod" display on TV and then admit that girls were indeed kidnapped. For why there was a claim of a cease-fire with Boko Haram only for another attack to happen right after. For why we still don't have electricity. For why the CBN governor lost his position after declaring that $20 billion was unaccounted for by the NNPC. For why known rogues are pardoned, ignored, even brought back into government. For why people like Abba Moro and Doyin Okupe are part of his government.

Because I don't have these explanations and I still am not hearing how Jonathan plans to fulfill any new promises he's making I'm very much averse to voting him back in or encouraging anyone to do that either. He keeps reminding me of the terrible rogue that's ruled my state Abia for eight years (some people sha need killing).

But Buhari. He's a risk. But right now I find him far more appealing than the incumbent. His track record is what makes him appealing. His Northern aspect, Islamic ideology and non-definition of methods he means to employ to accomplish his Change are why I find him a risk.

My two cents.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
smiley
There is no need to write essays as we are all on the same side.

Jonathan- incompetent and clueless

Buhari- Old, illiterate and dodgy

Both candidates are whack but Buhari is the lesser evil.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
Reyginus:
I am really serious, bro. I can stake my life that my brother Muskeeto is more intellegent that the buhari of a guy. The only place he can do better than Muskeeto is in stretching the limit of cluelessness. I am serious.

GEJ of a man disguises timidity for wisdom. I hate timidity but more when it is spiced with a pinch of cluelessness.

Lol Muskeeto is a smart guy so you'll win your bet. The case is about GEJ and Buhari.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
ihedinobi2:

Will he islamize Nigeria? I'm not naïve. It's not easy to islamize a democratic country. But neither is it impossible. It takes a long-term plan to compromise the legislature and judiciary to accomplish that. Like I said, it is not impossible but it is very costly in time and other resources. However powerful the Nigerian president is, he is severely limited by the National Assembly which is made up of two different houses that often disagree and are each composed from political representatives of every single state in the Nigeria.

It would take a long-term plan and very strong incentives to gain the majority votes in these houses. Or drastic terrorist actions to make the president powerful enough to accomplish islamization.

So unless this islamization process has been unfolding for some time before now, there is little reason to fear it.

My two cents.

No better way to explain this...

cc: humbledbygrace
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
Reyginus:
This is the same statement made by the dudes in politics section. I want us to argue logically and not some already rehearsed statement on what we are yet to talk about. I am not voting for any but the way they are projected overrides commonsense.

Let's commence like this. Is change inherently a good thing or a bad thing? Just be patient.

How many more years will you say the bolded? Maybe Nigerias bigest problem is apathy. Smh
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
How I see this thing... Goodluck has ruled 6 years and results so far are below expectations why not try someone else another 4 years? If this new guy comes in and does same or worse we simply vote him out again. Is it a must political office holders do two terms?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
@ANB, old and dodgy's right, but illiterate? Isn't that a stretch?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
An0nimus:

Lol Muskeeto is a smart guy so you'll win your bet. The case is about GEJ and Buhari.
Just trying to show that he is just like any other normal person with little knowledge of how to effectively rule a state.

Another striking difference between the two are, one is a wolf in a sheeps clothing while the other is a wolf in wolfs clothing.

I also think it is a sin to campaign for any of them. lol. You can decide to vote for any of them but campaigning for any, I think, is a grave sin to humanity and the purpose of existence.

Why not channel this energy to compelling APC to field a worthy candidate. Why field a desperate man who has only passion and nothing because you want the northern votes his candidacy will promote? I get the plan but I still disapprove of it. Politics!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
An0nimus:
How I see this thing... Goodluck has ruled 6 years and results so far are below expectations why not try someone else another 4 years? If this new guy comes in and does same or worse we simply vote him out again. Is it a must political office holders do two terms?
Thanks for the endorsement, bro.

About this, Naija doesn't have any more time to suffer fools. Impeachment is still in our constitution.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
texanomaly:

How many more years will you say the bolded? Maybe Nigerias bigest problem is apathy. Smh
Truth. Most Nigerians in real life don't really care especially when they're doing ok. Forget all the drama on NL.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
An0nimus:

No better way to explain this...

cc: humbledbygrace
seen smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
An0nimus:

Truth. Most Nigerians in real life don't really care especially when they're doing ok. Forget all the drama on NL.
I really hate that about people.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
An0nimus:
I agree with you. What I don't buy is the idea that the buhari I know is this change. Are there no better candidates outside these two demonic parties?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 20, 2015
texanomaly:

You got it all wrong. I was refering to how Muskeeto pursues the argument. I am not saying we should remain patient of bad leadership.

It is a statement I make when I seriously intend to pursue any argument. You get me now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2015
Reyginus:
Just trying to show that he is just like any other normal person with little knowledge of how to effectively rule a state.

Another striking difference between the two are, one is a wolf in a sheeps clothing while the other is a wolf in wolfs clothing.
grin grin grin Rap section flows

I also think it is a sin to campaign for any of them. lol. You can decide to vote for any of them but campaigning for any, I think, is a grave sin to humanity and the purpose of existence.
I watch guys campaign on NL and laugh. It's not easy to market spoilt goods lol. Nowadays if you want to garner likes just write trash and type GEJ till 2019/Sai Buhari grin

Why not channel this energy to compelling APC to field a worthy candidate. Why field a desperate man who has only passion and nothing because you want the northern votes his candidacy will promote? I get the plan but I still disapprove of it. Politics!
Politics in Nigeria has its own rules Reyginus. It's more complicated than you think because there are too many influencing factors and undertones. You'll be surprised what will happen in 2019 when you'll expect guys like Fashola and Akpabio to be at the fore front.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2015
Reyginus:
I agree with you. What I don't buy is the idea that the buhari I know is this change. Are there no better candidates outside these two demonic parties?
It's pretty late in the day already but you could find and propose one for us to analyze and see if we should support.

The difficulty in democracy is that it's a bit of a contradiction of human nature. The philosophy of democracy is that people essentially rule themselves. They only pick out a representative for themselves and vest their power in him or her. But they retain the right to strip that representative of the same power.

However, human nature does not quite agree with that. Humans are like sheep. We are always looking for someone to follow, someone who has earned the right to lead independent of any say we have in it. Our own part is simply to acknowledge their right to lead us.

For this reason, a democratic state can have over a hundred political parties but there will really be only a handful of real contenders. This shows itself in the States and in the United Kingdom. It's the same here in Nigeria. There are really only two contenders right now. And there will very likely be no extra addition at any time in the future, only a replacement of one or both heavyweights.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
ihedinobi2:

Thanks for the endorsement, bro.

About this, Naija doesn't have any more time to suffer fools. Impeachment is still in our constitution.
We prefer suffering and smiling enduring whatever comes our way.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
An0nimus:

We prefer suffering and smiling enduring whatever comes our way.
We're changing though. I just wish some more people will buy courage in our country. There's real work to do and it can be sweet to do. But if you've seen where someone asks who will go first among a group of people you'll understand Nigeria. We just want one person who dares to stand against the status quo and survives everything thrown at him or her. When that person shows up we'll rally around them.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
An0nimus:

grin grin grin Rap section flows

I watch guys campaign on NL and laugh. It's not easy to market spoilt goods lol. Nowadays if you want to garner likes just write trash and type GEJ till 2019/Sai Buhari grin

Politics in Nigeria has its own rules Reyginus. It's more complicated than you think because there are too many influencing factors and undertones. You'll be surprised what will happen in 2019 when you'll expect guys like Fashola and Akpabio to be at the fore front.
Stop!!!!!!!!!!! I am not done with these two and here you placing in front two refined thiefs who understand perfectly the power of propaganda. My knowledge of what is good does not permit a space for any of the two now.

I think the aim of any repubic should be simply the propagation of human existence. No matter the number of rooms in my mansion if all of them are haunted by ghosts the end of my existence approaches fast. Security promotes this. It doesn't matter what GEJ or MB(I also hate the G for personal reasons) have done so long as their works never left us with the tools of living longer they failed us.

When they speak ignorance drench you like rain. They don't know how to. I can't vote for any of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
ihedinobi2:

I really hate that about people.
Lol na naija we dey. People don't care again, leadership has so disappointed followers many just stopped sending. Hopefully this will change with this new era.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
Lol Reyginus.

What qualities do you think a true Nigerian President should possess? Try to be realistic.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
ihedinobi2:

It's pretty late in the day already but you could find and propose one for us to analyze and see if we should support.

The difficulty in democracy is that it's a bit of a contradiction of human nature. The philosophy of democracy is that people essentially rule themselves. They only pick out a representative for themselves and vest their power in him or her. But they retain the right to strip that representative of the same power.

However, human nature does not quite agree with that. Humans are like sheep. We are always looking for someone to follow, someone who has earned the right to lead independent of any say we have in it. Our own part is simply to acknowledge their right to lead us.

For this reason, a democratic state can have over a hundred political parties but there will really be only a handful of real contenders. This shows itself in the States and in the United Kingdom. It's the same here in Nigeria. There are really only two contenders right now. And there will very likely be no extra addition at any time in the future, only a replacement of one or both heavyweights.
Let's not even try argue about Democracy. To me it is still a very imperfect system where the need of the weak and ill-informed are made to suffer the choice of the strong and well informed.

Back to where we are. A situation where the two candidates are nothing but dimwits with different manifestations doesn't mean you must go for one. Why not apply the same passion in seeking the right candidate. Professor Pat Utomi will do for me any day.

Ideas make Democracy work. GEJ and MB have none.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
An0nimus:

Lol na naija we dey. People don't care again, leadership has so disappointed followers many just stopped sending. Hopefully this will change with this new era.
That's the apathy tex talked about.

Politics isn't much my thing, that is, vying for political office. But industry, economics and pressure are. I mean to use those to change things everywhere that they need changing.

I don't think I'm the only person like me who thinks that they have a responsibility to give Nigerians leadership on any level.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Reyginus:
Let's not even try argue about Democracy. To me it is still a very imperfect system where the need of the weak and ill-informed are made to suffer the choice of the strong and well informed.

Back to where we are. A situation where the two candidates are nothing but dimwits with different manifestations doesn't mean you must go for one. Why not apply the same passion in seeking the right candidate. Professor Pat Utomi will do for me any day.

Ideas make Democracy work. GEJ and MB have none.
Yeah, it's a system that's been around a long time and it's still imperfect. It's going to stay imperfect. Because it contradicts human nature.

I also liked Utomi when he came out once. I knew he wouldn't win though. Because power is where people think it is in politics. And it remains with the rich and powerful in the society.

Utomi would have to either ingratiate himself with the elite or else become elite and powerful enough himself for the elite to want to ingratiate themselves with him to get anywhere in politics.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
An0nimus:
Lol Reyginus.

What qualities do you think a true Nigerian President should possess? Try to be realistic.

The problem is, you have consciously raised your idea of what is realistic to contradict what is idealistic. We are to aim for the ideal society. Your realism changes and thus not really true for any state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
ihedinobi2:

Yeah, it's a system that's been around a long time and it's still imperfect. It's going to stay imperfect. Because it contradicts human nature.

I also liked Utomi when he came out once. I knew he wouldn't win though. Because power is where people think it is in politics. And it remains with the rich and powerful in the society.

Utomi would have to either ingratiate himself with the elite or else become elite and powerful enough himself for the elite to want to ingratiate themselves with him to get anywhere in politics.
And that is a problem which I believe we will overcome some day.

What I don't really like is to stand and watch or evil men walk tall in the midst of good men. Buhari is Evil. Jonathan is Evil. I mean highly evil. A man who has no regards for human life until last week. How foolish can a president be? Or is it the careless talker whose utterance instigated violence. How inhuman? And Nigerians have forgiven them already. Is this Love?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Defeat Depression / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.