Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (838912 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 11:25am On Feb 12, 2015
Tovot:
*yawns, good am,* I think there is in the evening, around 5/6pm. you wanna come?
Do I come with a date?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Tovot: 6:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
Gracie embarassed .
HumbledbYGrace:
yes ma'am.
Of Course you should come with a date. I saw a church valentine's day service tagged- sexx and sanctitiy, and it got me wondering if Pastors cant preach about any other thing apart from sexx, keeping yourself, right partner etc, what ever happened to sermons about showing love to one another everyday? helping the needy, loving and respecting your body etc?
An0nimus:

Do I come with a date?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
Tovot:
Gracie embarassed .
Of Course you should come with a date. I saw a church valentine's day service tagged- sexx and sanctitiy, and it got me wondering if Pastors cant preach about any other thing apart from sexx, keeping yourself, right partner etc, what ever happened to sermons about showing love to one another everyday? helping the needy, loving and respecting your body etc?
Did you have to mix my reply with his?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
Tovot:

@ bolded Interesting. What if you be my date?

The Pastor in question might mean no harm. On the other hand, it could be a strategy to draw people to his church.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Tovot: 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
That would have been cool, but I already have my choir robe, my freezer and my pillow as dates grin .
An0nimus:

@ bolded Interesting. What if you be my date?

The Pastor in question might mean no harm. On the other hand, it could be a strategy to draw people to his church.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
Tovot:
That would have been cool, but I already have my choir robe, my freezer and my pillow as dates grin .
This your dodging tactics sha tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Sunbellar: 5:51am On Feb 14, 2015
Hello *peeps* it's another day to show love (agape) to people around you. Do that without pretence and get rewards from the Lord.

May Jesus bless you all!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Tovot: 7:44am On Feb 14, 2015
lol. Happy valentine. Make sure you empty your pockets o. grin
An0nimus:

This your dodging tactics sha tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 10:38am On Feb 14, 2015
Tovot:
lol. Happy valentine. Make sure you empty your pockets o. grin
Yeah I just did so before washing. Last time I forgot to empty them I washed an iPod grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Tovot: 12:51pm On Feb 14, 2015
Thats not what I meant and you know it. stingy nigerian guy angry tongue
An0nimus:

Yeah I just did so before washing. Last time I forgot to empty them I washed an iPod grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2015
Tovot:
Thats not what I meant and you know it. stingy nigerian guy angry tongue
tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshuadon: 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
#Adapted#

The story is told of an old man who lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson.

Each morning, Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table
reading from his old worn-out Bible. His grandson who wanted to be just like him tried to imitate him in any way he could.

One day the grandson asked,
“Papa, I try to read the Bible just like you but I don’t understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book.

What good does reading the Bible do?”
The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and said, “Take this coal basket down to the river and bring back a basket of water.”

The boy did as he was told, even though all the water leaked out before he could get back to the house.

The grandfather laughed and said, “You will have to move a little faster next time,” and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again.

This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home.
Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was “impossible to carry water in a basket,” and he went to get a bucket instead. The old man said, “I don’t want a bucket of water.
I want a basket of water. You can do this. You’re just not trying hard enough,” and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got far at all.
The boy scooped the water and ran hard,but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty.

Out of breath, he said, “See Papa, it’s useless!”

The old man said, “So you think it is useless?
Look at the basket.”

The boy looked at the basket and for the first time he realized that the basket looked different.
Instead of a dirty old coal basket, it was clean.

“Son, that’s what happens when you read the Bible.
You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, it will change you from the inside out.”

That is the work of the Word of God in our lives . . . to change us from the inside out and to progressively transform us into the image of His Son.

Take plenty of bites today.... You can't have too much of it.

~Much Love~

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by evangel20: 12:16am On Feb 16, 2015
More and more christian ladies are dressing so seductively in the name of fashion i guess they have forgotten that part of the scripture that says and i quote "Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat it again, so that I will not cause them to fall." ........ 1 Corinthians 8:13

This can be directly related to our day-to-day activities, if wearing a type of dress will make the opposite sex LUST after you, and hence SIN, and you go ahead to wear it, then my brethren you have committed a sin!

More ever God is not interested in your unclothedness so you are not appeasing him by dressing half-naked. The bible said 'be moderate and Godly in all you do'

I HOPE THAT'S CLEAR ENOUGH

(c) www.faithbok..com and www.faithbook.cf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 8:39am On Feb 16, 2015
No fashion weaponed against us shall prosper. Amin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 11:18am On Feb 16, 2015
hello guys

Missed hanging out here though cry

But I always peep and read with little comments nowadays

Have a nice week smiley

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2015
pastormustwacc:
Amadioha fire the head of the op - now that is just my opening statement. brb
wisdom is the principal thing...................sit down think.........tell me, wat sense ave u contributed to this thread? next time sir think before you post. God bless u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by pweetichi(f): 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2015
Love this thread! Am Favour.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nothing beautifies a man/woman like holiness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
pweetichi:
Love this thread! Am Favour.
Hi Favour, your welcome.
Cy4praise:
Nothing beautifies a man/woman like holiness
Amen to that.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2015
Borrowing is ungodly. Wearing clothes on credit is unholy.
Read this:
"For the Lord thy God blesseth thee, as He promised thee: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee" Deu. 15:6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihimkpen: 8:47am On Feb 23, 2015
ABUJA MUST ANSWER!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UrGuy: 12:49am On Feb 25, 2015
who has heard of #hallelujah7, its a movement preping every christian that is a nigerian for 28th march 2015 to all shout a very loud hallelujah seven times at the same time to God in one voice Like in the time of jehoshaphat and joshua,with the believe that as as we do that, God would bring down boko haram and God would be glorified... join the movement #hallelujah7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UrGuy: 12:51am On Feb 25, 2015
its doesnt matter your church, as long as you beleive in Jesus, take part, join the movement, we shall make history together and show the world the glory of God... #hallelujah7

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UrGuy: 1:07am On Feb 25, 2015
2Chro. 20:20-24, Josh 6:20 #hallelujah7
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by kk34: 8:41am On Feb 26, 2015
Good morning everyone, a new member in the house-- how do I commend on a post? Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2015
kk34:
Good morning everyone, a new member in the house-- how do I commend on a post? Thanks.
use "reply" on top of the thread or the bottom and if you want to quote, use the quote button.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UrGuy: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2015
Brethren, lets partake of the greatest event of the century, for the first time, the entire body of Christ would be shouting a loud hallelujah at the same time,giving praise to God at the same time,as one voice for the first time... get involved as we literary give God an earth shaking praise... Spread the word, make this trend #hallelujah7

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 2:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
UrGuy:
Brethren, lets partake of the greatest event of the century, for the first time, the entire body of Christ would be shouting a loud hallelujah at the same time,giving praise to God at the same time,as one voice for the first time... get involved as we literary give God an earth shaking praise... Spread the word, make this trend #hallelujah7
Nice way to start the long awaited election day grin

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by kk34: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
use "reply" on top of the thread or the bottom and if you want to quote, use the quote button.
. Thanks my dear

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:11pm On Feb 26, 2015
kk34:
. Thanks my dear
Your welcome
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by cosiocan(m): 9:09am On Feb 27, 2015
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. But these three are not GOD, for there is one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all.(Ephasians 4:6) And all things are of God, who have reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, for through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father (Ephesians 2:18). And truly our fellowship should be with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. ( 1 John 1:3) For the Lord our God is one Lord (Deuteronomy 6:4). And Jesus Christ His only begotten Son (John 1:14). But Just as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, even so our minds has been be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For the world has preached another Jesus, and we have all received another spirit, and another gospel, which was not preached by the prophets neither by Christ nor his Apostles. "For this was their record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has no life in him." (1 John 5:11-12) "And this is life eternal, that we might know Him the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom God has sent. " (John 17:3). "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" (1 Timothy 2:5) "Neither is there salvation in any other person of the Godhead: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12). For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many, as believed by the trinitarian and Unitarian) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, ( the originator of all things) and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. ( 1 corinthians 8:5-6).  And He that is joined unto the Lord Jesus Christ is One Spirit with the Lord (1 Corinthians 6:17). Now the Lord Jesus Christ is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (2 corinthians, 3:17)

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.