Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (831682 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 20, 2017
handsam:

Me? Well, Better than ever. grin
Finally Got what I wanted. smiley
How abou' you?
i am good cheesy

so what is it you finally got? do u wish to talk about it ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by handsam(m): 10:38am On Feb 20, 2017
Berlynn:

i am good cheesy

so what is it you finally got? do u wish to talk about it ?

Cool.. grin

It's school related.

I still don't feel comfortable chatting here.

What's restricting you from returning?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Hotgistnaija247: 1:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
TB JOSHUA REVEALS NEW PROPHECIES, SAYS BUHARI NEED PRAYERS

Prophet T.B. Joshua released more prophecies to his congregation at The Synagogue Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) on Sunday specifically calling for prayer for President Muhammadu Buhari’s health.

READ MORE HERE: http://www.hotgistnaija.com/tb-joshua-reveals-new-prophecies-says-buhari-need-prayers/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by peteregwu(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Deb13:
I Need help!! Please my brethren, don't mock me. this is not just a joke. I have been in a financial constraint since this month now. It has not been easy for me now. I need just an urgent financial help of about N7,000. At least to use it to buy some food stuff like beans, garri and kerosine while I further get what to do within a month. Even if it N1,000 N500, or N200 as you so desire, pls do. Nothing is too small. I know many of us are in one challenges or the other but I have to voice out my own. Below is my account number;

Acct name: Ikechukwu Egwuatu
Account num: 0223997743
Bank name: Wema bank

God bless you as you do.

BRETHREN, LETS NOT TURN A BLIND EYES TO THIS REQUEST. EVEN THOUGH WE DONT KNOW HIM IT DOES NOT MATTER. PLS LETS TRY AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. BROTHER I WILL BE GIVEN YOU 1k AND YOU WILL RECEIVE IT IN ABOUT 2hrs TIME WHEN AM DONE.

AT LEAST MY N1k WILL BUY YOU ONE SMALL PAINT BUCKET OF BEANS OR GARRI. GOD BLESS YOU BRO , IT WELL WITH YOU JARE. NOTHING SPOIL.

PLS BROTHERS AND SISTERS NOTHING IS TOO SMALL FOR THIS BROTHER. MAKE IT UP FOR HIM.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Deb13: 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
peteregwu:

BRETHREN, LETS NOT TURN A BLIND EYES TO THIS REQUEST. EVEN THOUGH WE DONT KNOW HIM IT DOES NOT MATTER. PLS LETS TRY AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. BROTHER I WILL BE GIVEN YOU 1k AND YOU WILL RECEIVE IT IN ABOUT 2hrs TIME WHEN AM DONE.

AT LEAST MY N1k WILL BUY YOU ONE SMALL PAINT BUCKET OF BEANS OR GARRI. GOD BLESS YOU BRO , IT WELL WITH YOU JARE. NOTHING SPOIL.

PLS BROTHERS AND SISTERS NOTHING IS TOO SMALL FOR THIS BROTHER. MAKE IT UP FOR HIM.

God bless you more brother. I so much appreciate your kindness. Oh my God, may it be well with you forever in Jesus name.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by peteregwu(m): 8:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
Deb13:

God bless you more brother. I so much appreciate your kindness. Oh my God, may it be well with you forever in Jesus name.

Amen. May God bless you as well. Continue in Jesus and don't lose hope. Their is time for everything.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by peteregwu(m): 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hotgistnaija247:

Prophet T.B. Joshua released more prophecies to his congregation at The Synagogue Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) on Sunday specifically calling for prayer for President Muhammadu Buhari’s health.

READ MORE HERE: http://www.hotgistnaija.com/tb-joshua-reveals-new-prophecies-says-buhari-need-prayers/

Abeg this man should stop all these prophecy that leads to no where. It is normal thing, even Muslims are calling for prayers. undecided
Hotgistnaija247:

Abeg this man should stop all these prophecy that leads to no where. It is normal thing, even Muslims are calling for prayers.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL... DATE: TUESDAY 21ST FEBRUARY 2017 THEME: BENEFITS OF THANKSGIVING Memorise: Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalm 103:1 Read: Psalm 50:14-15 50:14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. MESSAGE: Without any iota of doubt, the Lord has been so good to us. He has never ceased to be faithful and kind. If it had not been for the Lord on our side, the devil would have destroyed us. We are who we are in Christ because of the goodness of God. For these reasons and many more, we need to make thanksgiving our lifestyle. Thanksgiving is an indispensable activity for every child of God. For our lives to experience the blessings of the Lord on a continuous basis, we need to thank Him. I sometimes marvel when I see people complain about their situation. Before complaining about your situation, take a critical look at another man’s situation and you will realise that you have enjoyed the goodness of the Lord. A lifestyle of thanksgiving can make a lot of difference in our lives within a short time. Through thanksgiving, lost glory can be restored, as was the case with King Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 4:34-37). When you adore and reverence the Almighty God, when you acknowledge Him as the source of your wealth and greatness, and see all you have achieved as being made possible by His hand, then God will be committed to preserving all He has given you. Thanksgiving is the door that ushers you into God’s blessings. For His greatness, goodness and wonderful works to the children of men, we must thank Him. The only reason why many of us are not on the street begging is because He is our Great Provider. We walk with our shoulders high because He is our Defence and Deliverer. He remains our Rock and source of strength in every situation. Wherever we gather together as a congregation, I tell my children to praise and thank God wholeheartedly. Thanksgiving is not something you do in a hurry because God also takes His time as He blesses us with unprecedented miracles. There are blessings reserved for those who thank the Lord. He will always launch them to the realm of unimaginable favour. Our thanksgiving will only be acceptable to God if it comes from a heart of worship. For you to worship God in truth, you must live a holy life. Believers will always win the battles of life, as long as there is no impediment to their worship of God. We must be able to lift up clean hands and a pure heart to our Maker at all times (Psalm 24:3-4, Philippians 4:6). We must be honest and upright in character and reflect the nature of God in our dealings. Keep your heart pure so that your joy can be full. With a pure heart, you can make your request known to God and there will be instant response from the throne of grace. Key Point: Those who come before God with thanksgiving can never live by the mercy of men. BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 6-8 Isaiah 42:10-25 AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWER OF BLESSING 1. There shall be showers of blessing: This is the promise of love; There shall be seasons refreshing, Sent from the Savior above. [Chorus] Showers of blessing, Showers of blessing we need: Mercy drops ‘round us are falling, But for the showers we plead. 2. There shall be showers of blessing-- Precious reviving again; Over the hills and the valleys, Sound of abundance of rain. [Chorus] 3. There shall be showers of blessing: Send them upon us, O Lord; Grant to us now a refreshing; Come, and now honor Thy Word. [Chorus] 4. There shall be showers of blessing: Oh, that today they might fall, Now as to God we're confessing, Now as on Jesus we call! [Chorus]

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 5:07am On Feb 21, 2017
Culled from Holy Bible App.

Matthew 11:16-30

2. Accept the invitation to walk with Jesus

The teaching of Jesus is fascinating. In the first section of today’s passage he seems to be saying, ‘You can’t win.’ On the one hand, John the Baptist was an ascetic and was accused of being demonised. On the other hand, Jesus went to parties with all kinds of people and made friends with those who were regarded as unsavoury characters. He was accused of being a glutton and a drunkard and a friend of tax collectors and sinners (v.18).

Whatever you do may be misinterpreted. Yet Jesus adds, ‘But wisdom is proved right by her actions’ (v.19). I take this to mean that all we can do is the right thing and not worry about what anybody else thinks. ‘Opinion polls don’t count for much, do they? The proof of the pudding is in the eating’ (v.19, MSG).

Jesus then denounces the cities that he has visited and performed miracles in, where people have neither repented nor believed. He suggests that their sin is worse than the sin of Sodom (v.24). The sin of unbelief is perhaps the most serious of all.

Jesus goes on to teach in such a way that it is clear that he believed in both predestination (that God has already determined everything that will happen) and free will. He teaches both alongside one another. It is a paradox. The two seemingly contradictory things are both true at the same time.

It is not 50% ‘predestination’ and 50% ‘free will’. Jesus says we are 100% predestined and we have 100% free will. This may seem impossible, but God is able to transcend and yet not distort human freedom. We ultimately see this in the incarnation: Jesus is 100% God and 100% human; he is fully God and fully human.

Predestination
‘All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him’ (v.27).

Why God chooses to reveal himself to some and not to others is a mystery. It is certainly not based on wisdom and learning. Sometimes the great intellectuals simply cannot see it: ‘you have hidden these things from the wise and learned’ (v.25). And yet sometimes people of little or no education, or those who are very young (‘little children’, v.25), seem to have a very profound understanding of Jesus. ‘You’ve concealed your way from sophisticates and know-it-alls, but spelled them out clearly to ordinary people’ (v.25, MSG).
Free will
Jesus says, ‘Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest’ (v.28). The invitation to come to Jesus is for everyone. No one is excluded. We are all invited. We all have a choice whether to accept the invitation of Jesus or to refuse it.
I find it difficult to get my mind around this paradox. However, I have found the following illustration helpful. Imagine a room with an arched doorway. The outside of the arch is inscribed with the words, ‘Come to me, all you…’ (v.28). In other words everyone is invited into the room. When you get into the room, on the inside of the same arch is written, ‘No one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him’ (v.27b).

In other words, free will is a doctrine for everyone. No one can say, ‘I am not going to become a Christian because I have not been chosen.’ The invitation is to all. On the other hand, predestination is a doctrine of assurance for those who are Christians. Once you have accepted the invitation and entered, you can know that God has chosen you and therefore he will not let you go.

I love the words of Jesus in verse 28. In a stressful world where so many are ‘weary and burdened’, Jesus promises you rest. He offers to take your burdens and replace them with his own.

The yoke (something that Jesus would have made in the carpenter's shop) was a wooden frame joining two animals (usually oxen) at the neck, enabling them to pull a plough or wagon together. The function of the yoke is to make burdens easier to carry. I love this image of walking in step with Jesus, sharing our burdens, making the trials to be endured and the battles to be faced ‘easy’ and ‘light’ by comparison.

Jesus is not a slave driver. When you pursue his agenda for your life you carry a burden but it is ‘not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant’ (v.30, AMP). When you do what Jesus asks you to do, he gives you the strength and wisdom to do it and you carry his burden with him. There will, of course, be many challenges and difficulties, but there will also be a lightness and ease.

Jesus says to you: ‘Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me – watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly’ (vv.28–29, MSG). Just relax and let God be God.

Prayer:

"Lord, thank you that you promise me rest for my soul. Thank you that I can come to you today. I give to you my burdens…"
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by CriticMaestro: 10:07am On Feb 21, 2017
,]'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SmartchoicesNG: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2017
The wisdom behind permitting plural marriage

1 – Plural marriage helps to increase the numbers of the ummah (nation, Muslim community). It is known that the numbers can only be increased through marriage, and the number of offspring gained through plural marriage will be greater than that achieved through marriage to one wife.

Wise people know that increasing the number of offspring will strengthen the ummah and increase the number of workers in it, which will raise its economic standard – if the leaders run the affairs of state well and make use of its resources in a proper manner. Ignore the claims of those who say that increasing the numbers of human beings poses a danger to the earth’s resources which are insufficient, for Allaah the Most Wise Who has prescribed plural marriage has guaranteed to provide provision for His slaves and has created on earth what is more than sufficient for them. Whatever shortfall exists is due to the injustice of administrations, governments and individuals, and due to bad management. Look at China, for example, the greatest nation on earth as far as number of inhabitants is concerned, and it is regarded as one of the strongest nations in the world, and other nations would think twice before upsetting China; it is also one of the great industrialized nations. Who would dare think of attacking China, I wonder? And why? .....

Christians please do not be ignorant of the devices of the other group.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE WEDNESDAY 22ND FEBRUARY,2017
VICTORY THROUGH PRAISE
MEMORISE: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; II Corinthians 10:4
READ: II Chronicles 20:21-26
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 9-11 & Isaiah 43:1-15
MESSAGE: The easiest way to access victory in the kingdom of God is through praise. Each time we praise the Name of the Lord, great and marvellous things are bound to happen. If you are a believer and you do not yet know the essence of praise, you are missing a lot of blessings, opportunities and privileges. Our God is all- powerful, all-knowing and is the Almighty. The moment we are committed to the realm of praise, things begin to happen at His command. There are people who have been knocking on certain doors of opportunities before now, but to no avail. Why don’t you try praise? You will be surprised at how fast those doors will open. The fact that you are praising the One that is higher than the highest should give you the assurance that your case is settled. Praise to God is an indication of absolute trust in Him. Those who put their confidence in God will always praise Him until they receive their victory, and even after receiving their victory, they still praise Him. It is the desire of the Almighty God that all His children should move from one level of victory to the other. When the people of God praise Him, infirmities, yokes, bondage, barrenness and all the works of the devil are destroyed. In the realm of praise, every limitation gives way. In the battle of life, some are victors while some are victims. I decree into your life that you will continue to enjoy the victory of the Lord in Jesus’ Name. Victors know how to move God into action. God is looking for people who can move Him through their praise. Such people will enjoy His mercy instead of receiving His judgement. Praise is the most powerful instrument we can use to move God. The whole of creation was designed to praise God (Psalm 150:5, Psalm 148). The greatest assignment of angels in Heaven is praising God (Revelations 4:8-9, Psalm 148:2). When we get to heaven, our assignment will be to keep praising God (Revelations 7:14-15, Psalm 145:2). Praise has greater impact whenever we come together to offer it to God, because His throne is set wherever His people are praising Him (Psalm 22:3). When you bow before God in praise, you are showing that He alone is the Most High. Jehoshaphat enjoyed the victory of the Lord without fighting a battle! This is what praise can do. While the enemies were gathering their mercenaries and weapons of war against Judah, the people of God gathered momentum for praise. They believed in the victory of the Lord by faith, and all their enemies were smitten before them. From today, as you praise the Lord, He will stand in your place and take over every battle of your life, and your victory shall be total in Jesus’ Name. PRAYER POINT: Father, let Your praise never cease from my lips. HYMN 4: 1 Through the love of God our Saviour, all will be well. Free and changeless is his favour, all, all is well. Precious is the blood that healed us, perfect is the grace that sealed us, strong the hand stretched forth to shield us, all must be well. 2 Though we pass through tribulation, all will be well. Ours is such a full salvation, all, all is well. Happy, still in God confiding, fruitful, if in Christ abiding, holy, through the Spirit’s guiding, all must be well. 3 We expect a bright tomorrow, all will be well. Faith can sing through days of sorrow, 'All, all is well.' On our Father’s love relying, Jesus every need supplying, in our living, in our dying, all must be well.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 6:00am On Feb 22, 2017

Genesis 29:1-30:43

3. Watch God work his purposes out

God works his purposes out in spite of our weakness, vulnerability and sin. Jacob was a deceiver. What we sow, we reap. He sowed deception and he reaped deception from Laban (29:25b). He then continued the cycle of deception (30:37–43). This is an extraordinary story of deception, and also of unfaithfulness and disloyalty.

Yet somehow, in all of this, God worked his purposes out for the individuals involved, for Israel, for the birth of his Son Jesus and for the future of the people of God.

A lot of human sin and disappointment was involved in the birth of Jacob’s children (29:31 – 30:21). Yet, through it all, God was working out his purposes for the twelve tribes of Israel. Rachel’s prayer was finally answered with the birth of Joseph (30:22).

As God was in control of their lives, you can trust that he is ultimately in control of yours as well and that ‘in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose’ (Romans 8:28). So, just relax and let God be God.

Prayer:

"Lord, thank you that you use even weak, vulnerable and sinful people. Thank you that you can use me. Thank you that although you love me as I am, you love me too much to leave me as I am. Help me never to settle for second best.

Help me to take responsibility for my life and at the same time confidently trust in your sovereignty."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by o4oliver(m): 5:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
Do you want to learn how to trigger and recover your DESTINY? UNLEASHING the Power of DESTINY is a program you should not miss,

Venue: RCCG Rivers of Living Waters, 33, Ogunsami Street Off Moshalashi Bus stop, Ijesha Road, Itire, Surulere, Lagos
Time is 6pm wed., Thur. & Sat. Friday is vigil

This year the power of destiny shall be unleash in your life in JESUS name.
you are cordially invited to this programme theme: UNLEASHING THE POWER OF DESTINY.
I promise, you will not regret coming

COME AND UNLEASH THE POWER OF YOUR DESTINY

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by NaijaGospelWorl: 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
Gospel Singer Steve Crown Sends A Strong And Important Message To Worship Leaders

See Full Details: http://www.naijagospelworld.com/2017/02/news-steve-crown-sends-strong-and.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SucrePlum(f): 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
www.nairaland.com/3646751/promised#53995778
Mynd44 lalasticlala there is serious breach of privacy on this thread!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by worshipper: 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by arigbe888: 10:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
good evening brothers and sisters, am Mathew Andrew. please everyone, whether you are a Christian or Muslim I need your player and support. my only brother is seriously sick (kidney) we are about to transfer him to Indian, I want to donate my kidney for him. please I need your prayers and support, anything you have please donate to save the life of my only brother.
account number:6234903611
account name: osahon Arigbe, fidelity bank.
phone number 08181611037
u can call to check on us, we are in UBTH hospital in Benin, God bless u all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 11:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE FRIDAY 24TH FEBRUARY,2017 CHILDREN OF GOD MEMORISE: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12 READ: 1 John 3:1-3 1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 16:18 & Isaiah 44:9-20 MESSAGE: You cannot discover your true identity if you are not in Christ. You need to recognise your true self through the light of the Scripture. If you know your true identity, it will help you not to compromise the call of God on your life. The secret of blessings lies in your being able to walk in the divine purpose for your life. As a believer, you are the light in the midst of darkness, called to shine forth. You are the bridge to the destinies of men. If you don’t discover your destiny, the destinies of many others will be buried. I once asked the Almighty God why He allowed me to “waste” twenty-seven years studying mathematics, when He knew that I would eventually become a pastor. The Lord told me that it was simply for the purpose of being able to preach mathematically. It then dawned on me that indeed all things work together for good for the children of God (Romans 8:28). You are not a child of God just to attend church; you need to find out what God has empowered you for, and do exploits in that area. The reason why you are a child of God is not just to feel cool but to be driven by God’s purpose and mission. When you recognise that you belong to God, it will be practically impossible for anyone to get you derailed (Acts 27:23-24). The power you have received as a child of God is not for nothing. It is expected that you will use this power in raising the dead, in opening the eyes of those still walking and living in ignorance, and in setting captives free from the bondage of Satan. In John 14:12, the Lord Jesus says to you: "Verily verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." As children of God, let us wake up from our slumber and do the needful urgently. Every child of God is meant to be a fighter — a fearless fighter. You must not be weak in doing exploits for the Lord. You must not give in to fear despite the obstacles before you. All you need is the confidence that as a child of God, you have the backing of your Father. Anyone who comes to Christ comes to the newness of life which qualifies him or her for a new beginning. As a child of God, you must realise that Christ is the centre of your life, and you are meant to be a channel of blessings. A lot of people pass through life without being noticed because they have failed to understand the plan and programme of God for their lives. I pray for you that, in the Name of Jesus, you will find your place in God. By His grace, you will begin to experience prosperity, excellence and extraordinary breakthroughs, and before the end of your life, you will make a lasting change in the world. PRAYER POINT: Father, as you did for the disciples of old, grant me boldness to speak Your word. HYMN 7: O JESUS, I HAVE PROMISED. 1. O Jesus, I have promised, To serve Thee to the end; Be Thou forever near me, My Master and my Friend; I shall not fear the battle If Thou art by my side, Nor wander from the pathway If Thou wilt be my Guide. 2. Oh, let me hear Thee speaking, In accents clear and still, I dare not trust my judgment: Thy way shall be my will; Oh, speak to reassure me, To hasten or control; Oh, speak, and make me listen, Thou Guardian of my soul. 3. O Jesus, Thou hast promised To all who follow Thee That where Thou art in glory There shall Thy servant be; And Jesus, I have promised To serve Thee to the end; Oh, give me grace to follow, My Master and my Friend. 4. Oh, let me see Thy footmarks, And in them plant mine own; My hope to follow duly Is in Thy strength alone. Oh, guide me, call me, draw me, Uphold me to the end; And then in Heav'n receive me, My Savior and my Friend.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 4:53am On Feb 24, 2017

Soft on Crime?

Newspaper headlines frequently express outrage at judges who are ‘soft on crime’ and fail to impose the appropriate penalty for the offence committed.

When I worked as a barrister, I noticed that the legal profession did not respect judges who were regarded as too lenient. We expect judges to execute justice. We do not expect them simply to be merciful.

On the other hand, we do expect mercy in our personal relationships. A loving parent will be merciful to their child. We expect friends to be merciful to one another. Justice and mercy do not normally go together. We tend to see them as alternatives. We expect either justice or mercy, but not both at the same time.

Yet God is both a God who judges with justice, and also a God of mercy. How can he combine these two apparently contradictory characteristics? The answer is that the sacrifice of Jesus has made it possible for God to combine both justice and mercy.

When I first encountered Jesus, this illustration helped me to understand what Jesus achieved for us on the cross: Two people went through school and university together and developed a close friendship. Life went on and they went their separate ways and lost contact. One went on to become a judge, while the other’s life spiralled down and he ended up as a criminal. One day the criminal appeared before the judge. He had committed a crime to which he pleaded guilty. The judge recognised his old friend and faced the dilemma, which, in effect, God faces.

He was a judge so he had to be just; he couldn’t simply let the man off. On the other hand, he wanted to be merciful, because he loved his friend. So he fined him the correct penalty for the offence. That was justice. Then he came down from his position as judge and wrote a cheque for the amount of the fine. He gave it to his friend, saying that he would pay the penalty for him. That was an act of mercy, love and sacrifice.

The illustration is not an exact one. Our plight is worse – the penalty we face is death. The relationship is closer – your Father in heaven loves you more than any earthly parent loves their child. And the cost is greater. It cost God far more than money – he came himself, in the person of Jesus, and paid the penalty of sin.

God is not soft on crime. In his justice, God judges us because we are guilty. Then in his mercy and love he comes down in the person of his Son, Jesus Christ, and pays the penalty for us. Through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, God is both just and merciful.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:18pm On Feb 24, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE SATURDAY 25th FEBRUARY,2017
UNGRATEFUL?
MEMORISE: It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: Psalms 92:1 READ: 1 Samuel 25:4-17 BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Genesis 19-20 and Isaiah 44:21-45:13
MESSAGE: God plays a prominent role in every successful endeavour (Lamentations 3:37). No human effort would suffice if God is not involved (Psalm 127:1). This is why you need to be grateful to God for every achievement you experience. Nabal, his household and everyone around him lived in prosperity. In spite of all the battles raging around them, Nabal's workers were all secure and his goods intact. He enjoyed safety and prosperity because the men of David’s hand shielded him and all he had from attacks. At a crucial point, David and his men needed his help in providing food for their sustenance, but he denied them this. He disdained David and his men because he saw them as misfits and fugitives who did not deserve his generosity. Many children of God also feel this way when they are asked to give. Some people disdain God each time they are asked to give offerings to Him. They wonder why they have to give 10% of their profit or income to God. They see this as irrational. Yes, irrational minds cannot see the faithfulness of God. We should be grateful to God, and our gratitude should be expressed through our actions to Him and to our fellow men. Every time we bless others with our possessions out of a sincere heart, we are saying to God that we are grateful He made us a channel of blessing. You can move God to do more for you through the heart of gratitude. Those who show gratitude to God achieve significant things in life. Solomon showed his gratitude to God through his offerings (1 Kings 3:3-15). He remembered and reflected on all the intrigues and battles that led to his emergence as king, and he was moved to give thanks. Also, King David was so grateful to God that he expressed it in his dance, to the point where he was disdained (2 Samuel 6:16). He forgot he was a king, because he was demonstrating his gratitude to the King of kings. For those with a heart of gratitude to God, when things are working, they praise God, and when things are not going in the direction they envisaged, they still praise God, knowing well that the faithfulness of God will never allow them to suffer loss. Are you surrounded by enemies you can’t number? Don’t be troubled. Trust in the Lord, and you will see His salvation. Are you going through situations that you can’t see yourself overcoming? Put your trust in God, and you will have total victory. Just take the step of faith and begin to bless the Name of the Lord. Even if a sack letter from your job was handed over to you yesterday, just begin to bless the Lord because something awesome is about to happen to you, and the world will hear your testimony.
ACTION POINT: With a heart of gratitude to God, count your blessings and name them one by one. HYMN 17: 1. When upon life's billows you are tempest-tossed, When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings; name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done. (Chorus) Count your blessings; Name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done. 2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care? Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear? Count your many blessings; ev'ry doubt will fly, And you will be singing as the days go by. [Chorus] 3. When you look at others with their lands and gold, Think that Christ has promised you his wealth untold. Count your many blessings; money cannot buy Your reward in heaven nor your home on high. [Chorus] 4. So amid the conflict, whether great or small, Do not be discouraged; God is over all. Count your many blessings; angels will attend, Help and comfort give you to your journey's end. [Chorus]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE SATURDAY 25th FEBRUARY,2017
UNGRATEFUL?
MEMORISE: It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: Psalms 92:1 READ: 1 Samuel 25:4-17 BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Genesis 19-20 and Isaiah 44:21-45:13
MESSAGE: God plays a prominent role in every successful endeavour (Lamentations 3:37). No human effort would suffice if God is not involved (Psalm 127:1). This is why you need to be grateful to God for every achievement you experience. Nabal, his household and everyone around him lived in prosperity. In spite of all the battles raging around them, Nabal's workers were all secure and his goods intact. He enjoyed safety and prosperity because the men of David’s hand shielded him and all he had from attacks. At a crucial point, David and his men needed his help in providing food for their sustenance, but he denied them this. He disdained David and his men because he saw them as misfits and fugitives who did not deserve his generosity. Many children of God also feel this way when they are asked to give. Some people disdain God each time they are asked to give offerings to Him. They wonder why they have to give 10% of their profit or income to God. They see this as irrational. Yes, irrational minds cannot see the faithfulness of God. We should be grateful to God, and our gratitude should be expressed through our actions to Him and to our fellow men. Every time we bless others with our possessions out of a sincere heart, we are saying to God that we are grateful He made us a channel of blessing. You can move God to do more for you through the heart of gratitude. Those who show gratitude to God achieve significant things in life. Solomon showed his gratitude to God through his offerings (1 Kings 3:3-15). He remembered and reflected on all the intrigues and battles that led to his emergence as king, and he was moved to give thanks. Also, King David was so grateful to God that he expressed it in his dance, to the point where he was disdained (2 Samuel 6:16). He forgot he was a king, because he was demonstrating his gratitude to the King of kings. For those with a heart of gratitude to God, when things are working, they praise God, and when things are not going in the direction they envisaged, they still praise God, knowing well that the faithfulness of God will never allow them to suffer loss. Are you surrounded by enemies you can’t number? Don’t be troubled. Trust in the Lord, and you will see His salvation. Are you going through situations that you can’t see yourself overcoming? Put your trust in God, and you will have total victory. Just take the step of faith and begin to bless the Name of the Lord. Even if a sack letter from your job was handed over to you yesterday, just begin to bless the Lord because something awesome is about to happen to you, and the world will hear your testimony.
ACTION POINT: With a heart of gratitude to God, count your blessings and name them one by one. HYMN 17: 1. When upon life's billows you are tempest-tossed, When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings; name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done. (Chorus) Count your blessings; Name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done. 2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care? Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear? Count your many blessings; ev'ry doubt will fly, And you will be singing as the days go by. [Chorus] 3. When you look at others with their lands and gold, Think that Christ has promised you his wealth untold. Count your many blessings; money cannot buy Your reward in heaven nor your home on high. [Chorus] 4. So amid the conflict, whether great or small, Do not be discouraged; God is over all. Count your many blessings; angels will attend, Help and comfort give you to your journey's end. [Chorus]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by oduma101(m): 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2017
pastormustwacc: I am not looking for a lady to tanana or i will go to romance section, i said i need a christian sista to "marriage" - the ingles there is very important.
All the babes I have been finding so far are only looking for money to chop. I am not currently in any relation, because all these babes i don dey find - all of them na the same.
I am not seeking for a casual Bleep relationship, so i wont bother with those romance babes.

No woman is perfect if truly you are a pastor God will show you your wife. One point is clear about marriage when God give you your spiritual match that bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh, Genesis 2:20 now since you are from different background you have to nurture the character, character will be the problem so there must be proper courtship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 11:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE SUNDAY 26TH FEBRUARY 2017
HYPOCRITICAL?
MEMORISE: But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? Matthew 22:18 READ: Luke 11:37-44 BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 21:23 & Isaiah 45:14-25
MESSAGE: One of the characteristics which the Holy Spirit warns us will be rife in the last days is hypocrisy (1 Timothy 4:2). No wonder the Lord Jesus Christ made it very clear that many who expect to be granted access through the pearly gates will be turned back on the last day (Luke 13:24-27). Do you know that many bishops, pastors, general overseers, apostles, etc who are professing Christ today will not make it on the day of judgement? May that not be your lot in Jesus’ Name. To prevent this from happening to you, you need to periodically examine yourself to see if you are still in the faith, as received from the Lord. 2 Corinthians 13:5 says, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" Ask yourself if your name is still written in the Book of Life. Does the Spirit of God still bear witness with your spirit that you are a bona fide child of God? Is your conscience free from guilt and dead works? Can the devil and his agents testify that truly, you are no longer in their camp? Don’t pretend to be a child of God when you know you are on your way to perdition. The greatest challenges Jesus had with the Pharisees was the issue of their mindset. They appeared to have good intentions, but it was all a lie. Jesus knew the state of their hearts. The human heart is like a computer. Whatever you feed it with will determine what comes out of it. The heart of a man is what shapes his destiny. The reason why some people come to church and are still not blessed is the state of their heart. Their hypocritical hearts are hardened, and so they cannot receive anything from God. If the Pharisees had allowed the message of Jesus Christ to penetrate their hearts, their perception would have been different. If you allow God to work on your heart, your breakthrough will be immeasurable. Our heart is a reflection of who we are. Every time Jesus performed a miracle, instead of being happy that someone in need had received help from God, the Scribes and Pharisees would rather question by what authority He did it (John 9:13-27, Luke 20:1-2). That is what a hypocritical heart looks like. I wish we all knew that God is watching not just our actions but also our motives. He hears and watches everything we do behind closed doors. There is nothing hidden from Him that will not be exposed on the last day. Hypocrites know how to find faults in the lives of others, but their own lives are like sepulchres which appear beautiful on the outside but are full of dead men’s bones (Matthew 23:27). God wants us to reflect a life of righteousness and transparency, a life that radiates the glory of God, a life of virtue and of good works.
PRAYER POINT: Father, deliver me from all forms of self-deception.
HYMN 9: On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross, the emblem of suffering and shame; and I love that old cross where the dearest and best for a world of lost sinners was slain. Refrain: So I'll cherish the old rugged cross, till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, and exchange it some day for a crown. O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world, has a wondrous attraction for me; for the dear Lamb of God left his glory above to bear it to dark Calvary. Refrain In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine, a wondrous beauty I see, for 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died, to pardon and sanctify me. Refrain To the old rugged cross I will ever be true; its shame and reproach gladly bear; then he'll call me some day to my home far away, where his glory forever I'll share. Refrain
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 4:51am On Feb 26, 2017

Psalm 9:13-20

1. Rely on the justice of God

David knows that God is a God of justice: ‘The Lord is known by his justice’ (v.16). He also cries out for mercy: ‘Have mercy… that I may declare your praises’ (vv.13–14).

In this psalm, the desire for justice and the desire for mercy come together. David prays that God will have mercy on him by executing judgment on his enemies: ‘Arise, O Lord… let the nations be judged in your presence’ (v.19).

We sometimes think of justice in a negative way, as primarily about punishment. But justice is also profoundly positive. In Hebrew the word for justice (mishpat) carries the sense of putting things right. It is because of God’s justice that David can be confident that ‘the needy will not always be forgotten, nor the hope of the afflicted perish’ (v.18).

Prayer:

"Thank you, Lord, that you are a God of justice. Thank you that one day there will be justice for the people of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Sudan, North Korea, Eritrea and every other place where we see injustice in our world today. Thank you that one day there will be justice for the poor and the oppressed."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by afitap34: 6:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
*Walks into the chatroom in a drowsy swagger, a bottle of buzugee's red wine in a hand flowered by a stream of stuttering blood vessels. Looks at the posts above and loses confidence as he tries to light a conversation:h....e....l.Ends up swallowing his words. Turns around like the shy boy he is, head bowed, walks few steps back to the door. As it turns out, to strike the match for the light he becomes the usher.* Welcome. Nice thread.

http://suyaanlat.com adresinde de güzel tabirler var.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: MONDAY 27 FEBRUARY 2017
THEME: SINCERITY
Memorise: In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity. Titus 2:7 Read: 2 Corinthians 2:14-17 14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. 15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: 16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? 17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.
MESSAGE: Insincerity is one of the greatest reasons behind the downfall of many believers today. Some people claim to love God, but the kind of fruit they manifest makes people question the genuineness of their salvation. Loving God is not just by words, it must reflect in all that we do and in our approach to life. The moment we are saved, we should no longer walk as those who are heading for eternal damnation. The word of God must be obeyed in its entirety. There are believers today who cherry-pick the aspects of the Bible they want to obey. This should not be so! After we are saved, it is expected of us to immediately renounce all the hidden things of dishonesty (2 Corinthians 4:2). We cannot afford to be careless in our Christian walk, because we have an adversary (1 Peter 5:cool. To be able to stand against the wiles of the devil, we must be sincere with ourselves. One of the things that gave David victory over Goliath was his sincerity. Although King Saul offered David his armour, David was sincere enough to admit that he had never tried that approach (1 Samuel 17:38-39). His sincerity made him stick to his familiar strategy of using smooth stones and a catapult, rather than wasting his time on an untested line of attack that would not produce results. Today, there are many ministers of the gospel who have abandoned the true gospel for a social message. They believe that people are not interested in hearing the truth. This is false! Some believe that if they preach the true gospel to people, they will find it very hard and most will turn away, hence, they water down their messages. Such ministers need to learn from Jesus (John 6:60-67). If Samson had been sincere with himself, he would not have died the kind of death he died (Judges 16:21-30). The devil had tested Samson several times and had found out that he had no wisdom. Samson knew he had a weakness for women, but he refused to admit it. He felt things would always remain as they were (Judges 16:20). If he was sincere, he would have built a wall of defence between himself and his weaknesses. He kept a relationship he knew God did not approve of. He kept visiting places he should not visit, just like some Christians today who visit bars; even though they know ungodly things happen there. Are you finding it difficult to stop stealing, yet you still join others in counting offering money? Are you finding it difficult to keep your eyes off your female secretary, despite speaking in tongues, and yet you have not eased her out? Are you competing with the grace of God in other people’s lives, despite the fact that God has told you your own area of strength? If any of these describes you, then you are not being sincere with yourself!
Prayer Point: Father, grant me the grace to sincerely deal with every weakness in my life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 24 and Isaiah 46 AUTHOR: Pastor E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 9: ON THE HILL AWAY
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross, the emblem of suffering and shame; and I love that old cross where the dearest and best for a world of lost sinners was slain.
Refrain: So I'll cherish the old rugged cross, till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, and exchange it some day for a crown.
2. O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world, has a wondrous attraction for me; for the dear Lamb of God left his glory above to bear it to dark Calvary. Refrain
3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine, a wondrous beauty I see, for 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died, to pardon and sanctify me. Refrain
4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true; its shame and reproach gladly bear; then he'll call me some day to my home far away, where his glory forever I'll share. Refrain

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE TUESDAY 28th FEBRUARY,2017
IMPEDIMENTS TO PRAYER
MEMORISE: If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: Psalm 66:18
READ: Isaiah 59:1-4 1 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: 2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. 3 For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness. 4 None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 25-26 and Isaiah 47:1-13
MESSAGE: The fact that God answers prayers is without doubt. Anytime you call on Him, as long as it is in the Name of Jesus, you can be sure the answer will come. Jesus in John 14:14 said, “If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” To God, answering prayers is a question of keeping His word. He said if you call upon Him when you are in trouble, He will deliver you, and He is bound by His word (Psalm 50:15, Hebrews 6:18). There was once a contest between the prophet of God, Elijah, and 450 prophets of an idol called Baal (1 Kings 18:19-24). Each side was to call on their God or god; the goal was to see which side would receive a response by fire. The prophets of Baal called on their god from morning till afternoon, but there was no answer. The moment the man of God called on the Lord, fire fell from heaven. God is still in the business of answering prayers, but are you still in the business of obeying Him? Be assured that God is still in the business of stilling raging storms. If you remove iniquity from your heart, you will call on Him and He will answer and deliver you. As much as God desires to answer your prayers, if you still enjoy a life of sin, your prayers cannot be answered. We must make conscious efforts to remove all impediments to our prayers. Such impediments include what the Bible describes as “the sin which doth so easily beset us” (Hebrews 12:1). The pleasures of the flesh run against God’s expectations (Galatians 5:17). Such pleasures will not allow us to receive answers to our prayers. We must be weary of gossip because there is great danger in every idle word we speak (Matthew 12:36). Jesting should also be avoided (Ephesians 5:4). Jesting refers to unholy jokes. God is not against laughter and humour as some people wrongly believe. He is pleasantly humorous, but we must keep ourselves from unhealthy jokes that hinder holy living or make fun of the Holy Spirit. The Lord is not just looking for those who are calling on Him for miracles and signs; He is searching for those who will lift up holy hands and a pure heart before Him (Psalm 24:3-5). He is looking for those who are ready and committed to walking in His footsteps. God is holy, and He has called us to holy living. We are to do as He commands because we are the light of the world. God in Heaven is glorified when our light shines in the midst of the darkness of this world. If you don’t want any impediment to your prayers from now on, you must amend your ways. If you have been stealing, repent and steal no more. If you have been involved in questionable transactions and dealings, you have to repent and forsake such ways. If your life is right with God, your prayers will not be hindered.
ACTION POINT: Confess every pleasure of the flesh you have yield to, asking for grace to live above them.
HYMN 6: 1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus Daily let me go; Higher, higher in the school of wisdom, More of grace to know.
Chorus: O deeper yet, I pray, And higher every day, And wiser, blessed Lord, In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit, Take me deeper still, Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus, And His perfect will. Chorus:
3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials, Deeper let me go! Rooted in the holy love of Jesus, Let me fruitful grow. Chorus:
4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus, Till all conflict past, Finds me conqu'ror, and in His own image Perfected at last. Chorus:
5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus, Holy faith and true; In His pow'r and soul exulting wisdom Let me peace pursue. Chorus.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by giztzone(m): 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2017
This song is worth every christian downloading it will build your life spiritually and make you understand how good Jusus is to you
[DOWNLOAD MUSIC]Tim Godfrey – So Good | Audio Download

LYRICS

You are so good to me Jesus
Jesus, you are so good to me
In all circumstances

In all circumstances, in all circumstances ooo
In all circumstances, in all circumstances ooo

Dependable, dependable God
It doesn’t matter what comes my way you are still God
Intentional, intentional God
Everything is working out for my good

You are good, you are good, Jesus
Download Here
http://www.gospelholic.com/2017/01/tim-godfrey-so-good-download.html

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE WEDNESDAY 1st MARCH,2017
SOWING IN TEARS
MEMORISE: They that sow in tears shall reap in Joy. Psalm 126:5
READ: Psalm 126:5-6 5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. 6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 27 and Isaiah 47:14-48:11,
MESSAGE: More often than not, we associate sowing with giving of money. For this reason, some people who do not have money believe they do not have anything to sow. This is far from the truth! If you do not have money, you can sow your time or talents into the work of the kingdom. Be it through praying, using your natural talents or your acquired skills/training, there is no one who has nothing to sow. Even if all you can do is smile, you can apply this in making new comers to church feel welcome. If you are a dramatic person, use it for the propagation of the gospel. Everyone has something to sow; all you need to do is to identify what you have. Romans 12:6-8 says, “Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, or exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.” When you sow a seed in tears, you will reap its yield in joy. Moreover, what you reap will be determined by what you have sown. You can sow towards the salvation of a loved one, telling God that he or she must not go to hell. To this end, you can sow prayers, fasting and witnessing to the fellow. The day such a soul eventually becomes saved; you will definitely reap the joy of heaven (Luke 15:7). I cannot forget the wife of one of my friends; I was his best man at their wedding. My friend’s wife would say to me, “Please give your life to Christ and be born again.” But I would tell her “I am already a Christian, and my Christian name is Enoch.” She would reply, “That is not what I am taking about”, and then she would begin to cry. I would look at her and wonder what was wrong with her, saying “I am not the worst fellow around; at least you can ask your husband. He knows I am a good person. “However, she kept on praying and crying, sowing in tears for my salvation. Today, she is now laughing. When last did you sow towards the salvation of a loved one – family or friend? Some of us attempt to preach to such a fellow once or twice, but after being rebuffed, we say “I have done my best; if you like, refuse to repent. Your blood can no longer be required from my hands.” Yes, you have made attempts, but you have not yet done your best. You have to keep at it, and in Jesus’ Name, you will reap in joy.
ACTION POINT: The salvation of some people requires great sacrifice. Ask God for the grace to pay the required price of the salvation of all your loved ones.
HYMN 14: 1 Take my life, and let it be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee; Take my moments and my days, Let them flow in ceaseless praise, Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2 Take my hands, and let them move At the impulse of Thy love; Take my feet and let them be Swift and beautiful for Thee, Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3 Take my voice, and let me sing Always, only, for my King; Take my lips, and let them be Filled with messages from Thee, Filled with messages from Thee.
4 Take my silver and my gold; Not a mite would I withhold; Take my intellect, and use Every power as Thou shalt choose, Every power as Thou shalt choose.
5 Take my will, and make it Thine; It shall be no longer mine. Take my heart; it is Thine own; It shall be Thy royal throne, It shall be Thy royal throne.
6 Take my love; my Lord, I pour At Thy feet its treasure-store. Take myself, and I will be Ever, only, all for Thee, Ever, only, all for Thee.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
VickyRotex, just so you know i was here...

Great job

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.