Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,033 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (834262 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:43pm On Sep 14, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH. A. ADEBOYE
FRIDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, 2017
A DIVINE CURSE
MEMORISE:
Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Malachi 3:9
READ:
Mark 11:12-14; 20-21
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 33-34 & Ezekiel 40:48-41:11
When you go through the Scriptures and see the effect of a divine curse on those who were cursed, you would do just about anything to avoid a curse from God. Although a curse from one man to another can have terrible effects, if spiritual help is sought from someone operating at a higher level that the source of the curse, such curses are terminated. It’s a dilemma however, if the source of a curse is God. There would be no one to run to in such cases. When God cursed the ground after the fall of Adam, from that moment until now, the earth has not been yielding produce to its full potential. Wait until you see what this same ground can produce after the curse is lifted during the millennial reign of Christ! Similarly, when God cursed Cain, it had a terrible effect on him (Genesis 4:9-15). Cain was supposed to be the first born of the whole earth, but when he was cursed, he became a vagabond. Virtually everyone he met desired to kill him, even without offending them. No wonder he cried to God for clemency. Genesis 4:13-14 says,
“And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.”
Moreover, in today’s Bible reading, Jesus cursed a fig tree which appeared to have fruit but had only leaves. By the following morning, the tree had completely withered from its very roots. When God places a curse, it begins to operate from the root upwards. I once visited the capital of a state in Nigeria some years ago. This state had a lot of mighty rivers, yet the state capital had no pipe-borne water. Surprised, I made some inquiries on why this was so, and I was told, “Sir, there is a tree in the center of the capital that should not be uprooted. They even had to build a road around it. As long as the tree remains, nothing good happens to this town.” I said “Is that so?” then I quietly added, “No problem, we are here.” I then cursed the tree in the name of the Lord. That very night, there was a storm in the town and by the following morning, the tree was uprooted completely. Any evil tree tying down your progress is cursed today in the Name of Jesus! I command it to dry up and be uprooted in Jesus’ Name! Are you under a divine curse? Immediately run to the cross of Calvary in repentance and make your way right with God, and thereafter, seek His face for mercy. May you find favor in His sight today!
ACTION POINT:
Examine yourself to see if you have brought a divine curse upon yourself and your family by your actions, and immediately return to God in repentance and restitution.
HYMN 6:
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:
3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
Refrain:
4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Refrain:
5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by horlaoluwa: 7:06am On Sep 15, 2017
The Mega-Grace word conference is a conference out of the inspiration of the holy Ghost which started in the year 2014, this An apostolic gathering for those who want to take the nations for Christ in times like this and those seeking for empowerment to do exploits for God,the program is loaded with inspiring messages, workshop and lot more that will contribute to your spiritual growth therefore we are using this medium to invite you to the programm, God bless you as you come in Jesus Name

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE
SATURDAY 16TH SEPTEMBER, 2017
YOU CAN AVOID WASTAGE
MEMORISE:
For by wise counsel you will wage your own war, And in a multitude of counselors there is safety. Proverbs 24:6
READ:
Luke 15:11-16
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 35-36 & Ezekiel 41:12-26
In life, some people experience provision before they ever need it, while some get provision just in the nick of time. Some others only get the provision they need after the time the need is past. One Bible character who experienced provision before need is the prodigal son in today’s Bible reading. All he would ever need was already provided for and safely kept by his father. Nevertheless, what was his response to his father’s wisdom and grace? He foolishly asked for all that was his, and he wastefully spent it all. Luke 15:13 says,
“And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.”
May you never waste God’s provision for your life! There are so many people who engage in wasteful spending. There are some people God has blessed with the funds to buy a piece of land, which they can develop as God enables them, but they use the provision to acquire a flashy car or attempt to live “big” while they are still in rented apartment. This amounts to foolishness. There are some youths who get some big money from legitimate ventures, but because they had no financial intelligence and never sought counsel, they wasted it and struggled thereafter.
“If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct. Ecclesiastes 10:10
To manage financial provision, you need wisdom. In fact, the Scripture above says that you can get results from a cutlass whether it is sharp or blunt; the difference is that wisdom helps you make the best decisions to obtain the best results. If you have financial wisdom, you would avoid wasteful spending and increase whatever you have. Do you have financial resources beyond what you need for the moment? Ask God for wisdom to manage it. Also, ask for guidance. Follow the counsel in today’s memory verse: ask those who know better. Ask from experienced fund managers and people skilled in financial investments. More importantly, find out from God, the Provider of that provision, what the purpose of the provision is. If you can diligently ask Him, He will guide you on how to spend it in such a way as to guarantee repeated provision. You do not need to spend on every item you see or like. Humbly surrender your desires to God and let Him reign over them.
KEY POINT:
You can completely avoid wastage when you submit your finances to Jesus asking Him for direction and approval of your budget.
HYMN 7:
1. O Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
My Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle
If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
If Thou wilt be my Guide.
2. Oh, let me hear Thee speaking
In accents clear and still,
I dare not trust my judgment:
Thy way shall be my will;
Oh, speak to reassure me,
To hasten or control;
Oh, speak, and help me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.
3. O Jesus, Thou hast promised
To all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory
There shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end—
Oh, give me grace to follow,
My Master and my Friend.
4. Oh, let me see Thy footprints,
And in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly
Is in Thy strength alone;
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me,
Uphold me to the end;
And then in Heav’n receive me,
My Saviour and my Friend.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vs4ever(m): 3:30pm On Sep 16, 2017
You people call this silence CHRISTIAN chat. Thats why xtiannity dont grow again. You drop your GO topic and zoom away. No follow up. Tiresome chat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
SUNDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER, 2017
WORSHIP FIRST, REQUEST LAST
MEMORISE:
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Psalm100:4
READ:
Mark 5:21-24
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezra 1-3 & Ezekiel 42:1-14
How you approach a house will determine whether you will be welcomed or chased out. If you approach the door and knock, you will be attended to as a lady or a gentleman, but if you decide to break through the window, you will surely be taken for a burglar, thief or robber and met with severe resistance. Your approach matters! In the same vein, to enter into God’s presence, you must follow heaven’s protocol. The Holy Spirit in Psalm 100:4 revealed this protocol when He said:
“Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.”
If you want to be welcomed into God’s presence and have your requests granted, don’t just crash in, follow heaven’s protocol! Let your heart and mouth be full of thanks for all God has done for you, your family and loved ones. When you approach God, let Him first hear your thanksgiving. Let this be followed by quality praise and worship. Let your request come last, and let the time you use in making your request be shorter than the time you spent giving thanks, praise and worship. Whenever you violate this order, you do damage to your requests and hurt your relationship with the Lover of your soul - the Almighty God Himself.
Moreover, you may want to ask: why must I approach God with reverence, thanksgiving and praise? It is because worshippers always get what they want. In Matthew 8:1-3; a leper approached Jesus, fell at His feet and worship Him, even before he made his request. In the end, he was cleansed. What of the mad man of Gadara whose story is recorded in Mark 5:1-15? As mad as he was, after approaching Jesus, he knew enough to fall down at His feet to worship Him. For this reason, even without verbalizing his desire to be delivered from the demonic siege he was under, Jesus set him free. Effective worship works wonders! Jarius was a top leader in Israel, and yet, when his daughter was seriously sick and he approached Jesus, he forgot his position, power and wealth, fell at the Master’s feet and worshipped Him. Also, when the woman whose daughter was tormented by demons came to the Lord expressing her need, the Lord ignored her; but when she began to worship Him, the tide turned (Matthew 15:21-28). From today, follow heaven’s protocol in approaching God and you will get your heart’s desires.
KEY POINT:
Presenting your request before worshipping God is like placing the cart before the horse.
HYMN 3:
1. O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
2. When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Refrain
3. And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Refrain
4. When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then shall I bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim, "My God, how great Thou art!"
Refrain
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by oluwaseunblog(m): 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
A great platform. You all can always visit www.oblogng.com Its a Christian website

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2017
vs4ever:
You people call this silence CHRISTIAN chat. Thats why xtiannity dont grow again. You drop your GO topic and zoom away. No follow up. Tiresome chat

Thanks for your observation sir.
Please can you explain further?
Thanks sir.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vs4ever(m): 10:44pm On Sep 16, 2017
What I mean is nobody is reacting to messages. You that drop message don't ask 4 feed back
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
MONDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER, 2017
RESTITUTION: EVIDENCE OF SALVATION II
MEMORISE:
Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people. Acts 23:5
READ:
Acts 23:1-5
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezra 4-6 & Ezekiel 42:15-43:12
A sign that confirms whether or not you have experienced genuine salvation is your willingness to make restitution with your fellow men. When you are genuinely saved, the Spirit of Jesus Christ in you will motivate you to right your wrongs and undo your evil deeds. An elderly judge once attended one of our meetings at the Sheraton Hotels, Ikeja (Lagos), and gave his life to Christ. On his way home after the programme, he just could not contain himself. There was a person he quarreled with several years before, and he had a burning urge to resolve the dispute; so right from the venue of the programme, he went straight to the house of the person in order to settle the matter. Did you say you are saved, but you still hold grudges, have bitterness and manifest an unforgiving spirit? Please examine yourself to be sure you are truly in Christ.
Similarly, there was a particular king in Ogun State, Nigeria. For several months, I went to preach to him and he would tell me “Before your mother married your father, I have been going to church.” He would show me a Bible that Queen Victoria gave to his grandfather. Repeatedly, I said to him, “Your royal highness, that is not what I am talking about. I am asking you to repent of your sins and surrender your life to Jesus Christ.” Then one day, he yielded and gave his life to Jesus. By that time, he had not seen his wife for years, due to a disagreement they had. Within days of giving his life to Christ, he promptly contacted her, and they resolved their differences. You cannot be genuinely saved and refused to restitute.
In what areas would you need to make restitution today? If you stole anything from anybody, return it or pay for its replacement if it’s lost. If you bore false witness against somebody, go and uncover the truth. Have you fraudulently acquired your academic certificate? Go and restitute. If you have stolen another person’s passport and impersonate the fellow, using the passport to move around, go and restitute. Are you a second or third wife to a man, or have you married two or more wives? You are living in adultery. Make restitution! Have you received payment for a contract you did not execute? Go and return the money! Have you been falsifying records and stealing money through that? Go and restitute. If you have tough cases, seek counseling from a pastor in a true Bible-believing church. Also, ask God to help you. If you really want to obey God, He will definitely make a way for you.
KEY POINT:
Salvation straightens your crooked paths with God, while restitution straightens your crooked path with men.
HYMN 14:
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.
2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
vs4ever:
What I mean is nobody is reacting to messages. You that drop message don't ask 4 feed back
Once again, thanks.
What i observed is that many view and read the message for devotion.
Sir, I will appreciate it if we can join hands in reviving this thread.
Thanks.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by segunojo866: 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
Jesus Christ of Nazareth please suck my dick dry. Am an atheist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2017

TUESDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER, 2017

THE GROUND IS NOT FOR YOU

MEMORISE:
For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief. Proverbs 24:16

READ:
Luke 22:31-34

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezra 7-8 & Ezekiel 43:13-27

It’s a fact of life that we are all susceptible to making mistakes. However, when we make mistakes, we must have the strength of character to admit our mistakes and also to resolve never to repeat them again (Proverb 28:13). A child learning to walk will stand up, take a step or two and fall down again. You will observe however that in spite of these falls, he or she does not give up trying. The child will repeatedly make attempts at walking, and in the process of time, that child will not only walk, he or she will also run, leap and jump, all without falling to the ground like before. Do not turn a mistake into your final destination. Can you believe that because some people made a mistake in their faith in Christ, they gave up the race entirely and decided to die there? That is most unfortunate! Some people cannot forgive themselves for their denying Jesus at a very crucial moment when their faith was tested, or for falling into a particular sin that they have been preaching against all along. Such people need to learn from the example of Apostle Peter, who thrice denied Christ. The Lord had to make him realize that it was not over yet. That same Peter was the one who later led the other disciples in defending their faith in Christ and in propagating the Good News of the gospel around the world.
“Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.” Micah 7:8
One lesson from this scripture is that the fact that you slipped and fell does not mean that the enemy has won the battle over your life. He hasn’t. It also says that there is the possibility of a comeback. From where you fell, you shall arise in Jesus’ Name. Your rise shall be more formidable! You may say that your case is a bad one because you have fallen so many times and you therefore concluded that it was better to stop trying. Oh, how wrong you are! Proverb 24:16 says it is possible for the righteous man to fall seven times and still rise. To fall seven times simply refers to the possibility of falling to a point of experiencing what most people will call the final or ultimate fall. Yet, even at that, if you are a child of God, the Lord says that you should not give up hope. Make another attempt at reconciling with the Lord, confess your weakness to Him, and ask for His help. He will lift you up and He will sustain you afterwards. So are you still on the floor? Arise now!

KEY POINT:
Falling and rising in the Christian faith does not make you a failure; it only shows that you are at the babyhood stage of maturity and would need to trust Jesus Christ the more.

HYMN 4:
1 Through the love of God our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
All must be well.

2 Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well.
Ours is such a full salvation,
All, all is well.
Happy still in God confiding;
Fruitful if in Christ abiding;
Steadfast through the Spirit's guiding:
All must be well.

3 We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well.
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well.
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying;
Or in living or in dying;
All must be well.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
segunojo866:
Jesus Christ of Nazareth please suck my dick dry. Am an atheist
Jesus Christ loves you. Please bro come to Him today. Thanks.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by samuelallino(m): 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
A colleague just share with me about the loss of his housemaid which took place yesterday evening, his currently at the vigilantes office to make a report about the incident.

I called to discuss an office issue with him these evening before he started narrating his story to me, without me asking him if he has told any of our office member

My question,

Should I tell my Director and other colleague about the condition or the situation been faced by a colleague or should I just keep quite and do the little I can to ensure the security and return of the little maid.

If I tell orders...I'm I been an intruder or I'm I been a medium to connect to others ?

Please I need your kindid advice because I really need to help out

Should I tell my Director and other colleague about it or should I just mind my business ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by poshangel1335(f): 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
@samuel
I think if he wanted d director nd ur other colleuges to knw he would hve told them so let him decide if he wants to tell dem or not bt if u think its important ur director nd colleuges knw then i will advice u to ask him first before u go ahead if he says No respect his decision if he said yes advice him to tell them himself bt he asked u to tell them u can go ahead .Hope i hve helped cleared ur situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2017

WEDNESDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER, 2017

GIVE FIRST

MEMORISE:
I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me. Psalm 13:6

READ:
1 Chronicles 16:2-3, Acts 20:35

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezra 9-10 & Ezekiel 44:1-14

Generous divine provision is the benefit of those in the sheepfold of the Great Shepherd. God prepares a table of abundance for His sheep (Psalm 23:5). No wonder David in Psalm 13:6 said:
“I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.”
This scripture is a personal testimony of David. After God had blessed him beyond measure, he began to testify of God’s goodness through songs. If you carefully study the life of David, you will discover that the secret of his prosperity lay in the principles he lived by. One of such principles is demonstrated in today’s Bible reading: he believed giving to be the key to receiving. Can you imagine a man giving a loaf of bread to every citizen of a country? This was what David did, and he even gave much more! We often wonder why most of us are not flowing in God’s abundance, even though God has resources to cater for more than we could ever need. One likely reason for this is that we do not strictly follow divine financial principles. Jesus, in Luke 6:38, said:
“Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”
Let us draw a few lessons from this. Firstly, if you ever want to receive, it is your duty to first give. If you fail to sow, you would be deceiving yourself to expect a harvest. Many of us refuse to give, and yet we continue to pray, fast and do all other things right. If you want to receive, first give. It is important to note that God will never owe anyone. If you give, you will receive a harvest, no matter how long it takes, as long as the seed is not uprooted.
However, the way the harvest comes and when it will come are issues that may not be too clear to you. For instance, you may be expecting your harvest for a particular seed in form of physical cash, not knowing that God has already given it to you as a harvest of peace in the time of trouble, or as protection when the enemy came calling. Sometimes, you cannot tell how the harvest of a given seed will come, although if you key into the Holy Spirit, He can sometimes reveal to you that a particular harvest you receive was from a particular seed you sowed. Moreover, God who knows our needs should be given the freedom to determine when and how our harvest should come. Just make sure that a lifestyle of giving and sowing seeds is an indelible part of you. Do you give to His servants? Do you give to the needy? How often do you give?

ACTION POINT:
Giving is an act. Giving is also a spirit. Pray that God will give you the spirit of giving.

HYMN 10:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
Refrain:

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honour Thy Word.
Refrain:

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
Refrain:

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mickey02(m): 9:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
Is this thread open to all CATHOLICS Pls enlighten me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2017

THURSDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER, 2017

ABBA, FATHER

MEMORISE:
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

READ:
Romans 8:14-16
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

In the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus taught us to pray by approaching God as our Father. He said
“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.” Matthew 6:9
Why did He not say “Our God”, “Our Maker” or “Our Deliverer”? It is because God wants us to have a definite, personal relationship with Him. Of all the relationships we could possibly have with God, the father-son relationship is one of the greatest. In Mark 14:36, when the Lord Jesus was facing His greatest challenge - dying on the cross of Calvary - He addressed God as “Abba, Father”, which in other words is “My Daddy”. This level of closeness with God is not exclusive to Jesus Christ alone. Romans 8:15 says,
“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”
If you compare this scripture with Galatians 4:6, you will realize that both the Holy spirit and our Lord Jesus Christ have made it possible for us to share the same kind of closeness with the Father that Jesus had. Therefore, we too can unashamedly call God, “My daddy”. If only you know how God longs to have such intimacy with you!
Intimacy with God is something you cannot do without if you are to fulfill God’s plan for your life. There is a time of need that everyone will face, which will require each of us to draw on our relationship with God. Those who have God as their creator will approach Him as “My Creator”, while those who serve Him will approach Him as “My God”. In such times, those who are intimate with Him will call Him “My Daddy”. You can be sure that one carries more weight that the others. How would you want to approach God? Would you want to approach Him as a distant Creator, as God of the universe or as your personal Father? The choice is yours. When you develop a good relationship with God, He will indeed be a father to you by acting as the fountain from which you came forth (Genesis 2:7). David understood this and he experienced a very intimate level of closeness with God. This is the reason why in Psalm 23, he could testify of enjoying that which a father provides: food, sleep, water, protection, guidance, security, goodness and mercy. These all will be yours today in Jesus’ Name! Do everything possible to build your intimacy with God!

PRAYER POINT:
Father, draw me close to You like never before.

HYMN 6:
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
Mickey02:
Is this thread open to all CATHOLICS Pls enlighten me
Sir/ma, good evening. It is open to all Christians irrespective of your denomination. Thanks.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Dwanye(m): 8:27am On Sep 21, 2017
Hosea4:6 "My people are destroyed because of lack of knowledge"

Psalm 82:5a They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness. (KJV))
Psalm 82:5a They don’t know; they don’t understand; they wander around in the dark. (CED)

My people Lack the knowledge of the greater power that dwell in them and it has caused them to work in darkness.

Psa  82:6   I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John  10:34   Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

When you lack the knowledge, understanding and insight of these words & your place in God you are bound to be molested, oppressed and destroyed by the devil.
You have a greater power and authority than him(devil)

1John4:4 You are from God, little children, and you have defeated these people because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

You were placed at that status the day you received him, at that point ye became sons of God and took up the nature to be gods.
John1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: (KJV)

A Goat begat a goat;
A Cow begat a cow;
God begat gods;
The apple does not fall far from the apple tree.

So know this today, your father is God and ye are a sons and daughters  of God, that alone entitles you to have Dominion and exercise Authority over the Devil.

Wake Up
Take Charge.

Pls Rebroadcast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
Copied.

WHY A MALE?
*Gbile Akanni*
There is an urgent need today for every man to understand why he was born a male. Unless you know why you were born a male, you may end up being and doing what you were not born to be and to do.
A man is not a duplicate of the female; and the woman is not expected to perform the roles and functions peculiarly and particularly assigned to the man.

The first basic problem that has bedeviled many lives is ignorance. Your being a man must be understood because it is meant for a purpose: to establish and achieve some definite things for God on earth. The more you understand this and grow with it, the more you will see the glory of God in creating you as a man.

The first instruction in 1Cor. 11:3 is that you may know. Such knowledge will bring you to a level of responsibility. There is a divine organogram that God respects and He does not violate it.

The Head of Jesus Christ is God, the head of the man is Christ, and the head of the woman is the man. If God will have no reason to discard your authority as a man, you need to stand properly in your position in the divine organogram.

So, man where are you?
*Where were you, when the devil came to ravage your family?
*Where were you when demons broke into your house?
*Where did you go when the enemy came to harass your wife and children?

*For every misbehaviour in your family, God is asking, Where are you?
*For every confusion and failure, for every violation of divine authority, it is not the woman that God first asked those questions, it is the man.

For all these confusions you see women running through in life, God's question is not for the woman; He is asking, Where is the man?

*Where were you when the Amalekites raided your compound? You may say you are in business but I wonder what business you are in, that you have left your house in disarray. I think it is because you have not yet understood the divine organogram.

Our generation normally blames women for almost every problem. If the child is wayward, he is said to be the child of his mother. She is the one people blame. But God does not accept that excuse.

In the Garden of Eden when the first family fell, it was the man God questioned, Where are you? He could not answer that question because he had changed his position. He was not where he was supposed to be. He had abdicated his position of authority set by God in the divine organogram. When a man exchanges his position, several things go wrong. He will not be able to account for many things because he is not standing where he is supposed to be.

MAN, you are the IMAGE and the GLORY of God.

God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all.
*You need to deal with every issue that darkens the glory of God in your life.
*You must deal with every issue of sin within your character. Sin weakens character. It causes an internal defect
and defeat. It makes a man?s courage to be deflated. The sinner runs when no one pursues him.
*Internal defeat makes a man unable to be a man. People may think that money is everything. This is not true.

MANHOOD manifestation is more important than money. There are men that have money but have NO COURAGE. What a man needs is not first of all MATERIAL SUBSTANCE. He needs to be able to stand COURAGEOUSLY to handle situations. No matter how much money a woman has, it does not solve the problem of the need for a SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY as a cover over her life. YOUR WIFE NEEDS YOU TO STAND PROPERLY AS HER COVER. There is something of DIVINE PROTECTION that money cannot give her. But when you are defeated and intimidated inside, when all the features of MANHOOD THAT GOD PLANTED IN YOUR LIFE have been perforated, the enemy can cheat you and walk in and out of your life.

A woman may be rich and very intelligent but she is still a woman.

As a man, you must be there to PROVIDE LEADERSHIP according to the divine organogram.

An excerpt from the book, The Dignity of MANHOOD, by Gbile Akanni.

Please, pass on to as many men as possible. They need to feast and learn from this. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2017

FRIDAY 22ND SEPTEMBER, 2017

WHEN YOU ARE BLESSED

MEMORISE:
By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come. Hebrews 11:20

READ:
Genesis 27:20-29

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Nehemiah 4-6 & Ezekiel 44:28-45:9

A blessing is an invitation to all the forces in Heaven, on earth and underneath the earth to cooperate with an individual and assist him or her to succeed. When Isaac pronounced a blessing on Jacob in today’s Bible reading, he summoned the dew of heaven, the land and all the forces on earth to be of assistance to Jacob. As a result of this blessing, Jacob became exceedingly great. Hear what Genesis 30:43 says about his greatness:
“ And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses.”
How about his brother Esau? Genesis 27:38-40 says after Jacob had stolen the cream of the blessing from him. Esau came to ask for the remnant. What was the result of this “remnant”? From Genesis 32:3-6, we understand that this remnant got him so blessed that he could afford to retain the services of 400 personal bodyguards. If you become so rich that you require 400 men to go with you wherever you go, that is something remarkable. I can recall the first time a president visited us at the Redemption Camp; he came with an entourage of 250 people. So imagine how blessed Esau was for him to have had 400 people in his entourage! I believe he was really blessed.
Moreover, let me add here that after a blessing is pronounced on you, it may not be obvious how the blessing will be fulfilled. Most times, it may not even make sense. You may not even be able to afford a bicycle now, and a blessing may be pronounced on you that a time will come when you will need a Boeing 747 to airlift those who will accompany you whenever you are travelling. It may not make sense to you, but that is what a blessing can do. I often say that I am where I am today by the grace of God and by the blessings of my mother. Any time I did something that pleased her, she would bless me. She would say, “You this boy, you will call one person, and two hundred people will respond.” I didn’t know what she meant back then, and I didn’t know how it would happen, but I always said “Amen”. Today, by the grace of God, I can say this has become reality. Have you provoked the blessing of your biological parents? Have you provoked the blessing of your spiritual parents? Most importantly, have you provoked a blessing from God?

ACTION POINT:
When a blessing is pronounced on you, simply sustain a conducive atmosphere for its fulfillment, and it will surely come to pass.

HYMN 14:
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mickey02(m): 5:40am On Sep 22, 2017
Julivas:
Sir/ma, good evening. It is open to all Christians irrespective of your denomination. Thanks.
Evening! thanks for ur warm reply. I'll take that to heart
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:34am On Sep 22, 2017
My fellow Christian brothers and sisters, lets not permit this religious insensitivity on Nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/4071652/petition-against-religious-insensitivity-nairaland
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2017

SATURDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER, 2017

RESISTING GOD?

MEMORISE:
Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he? 1 Corinthians 10:22

READ:
1 Corinthians 10:21-23
21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?
23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Nehemiah 7-8 & Ezekiel 45:10-25

Colossian 1:16 tells us that all visible and invisible things were created by God and for God. You were created to make God happy by following His will, plan and purpose for your life. However, when you take the path of self-government and go contrary to the purpose for which you were created, that is rebellion. Lucifer and several angels decided to walk out of God’s original plan, and they became who we now refer to as Satan and demons (Isaiah 14:12-16, Revelation 12:7-9). Anyone who follows self-government today will also end up where the devil and his demons are. The truth is, if you fail God, you fail yourself. Therefore, pleasing God is the real path to true self-fulfillment, lasting peace and joy. I tell you the truth, living on earth without conforming to God’s original blueprint for your life makes you waste that life. Without God, life is not worth living.
“No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.” 2 Timothy 2:4
We are not here on earth by our power or design. We were created and placed here to satisfy God’s eternal plan and purpose for our lives. Even when Jesus was here, in all that He did, He did not try to please Himself but His Father (John 8:29, John 5:30). Now that He has chosen us to be His soldiers, we cannot afford to please ourselves. When He gives us an assignment, we must do it exactly as He wants it done, or risk going against Him. In 1 Samuel 15, King Saul was given an assignment by God to go and utterly wipe out the Amalekites. He went out to fulfill it but made slight changes to the instructions. In the end, he failed God and failed himself. He lost his kingdom because he could not totally comply with God’s will. Today, for this same reason, many people are close to completely losing their place in God’s divine plan. A king who resisted God had to go on a seven-year trip into insanity, and he lost his throne for that period (Daniel 4). Similarly, another king who said that God’s word should not be heard was eaten alive by worms (Acts 12:1-24). If these great kings could not resist or withstand God, do you think you can? If you are wise, you will totally submit to His will today. God has a problem with the so-called obedience of a good number of His children. Although He is speaking to them, they are not listening to Him; rather they are more interested in hearing themselves. Hence, He has almost grounded them in all areas. Thinking it’s the devil at fault, such people are wrongly praying against agents of darkness. It is time to do nothing short of God’s total will in all your ways!

KEY POINT:
Those who resist God are fighting a battle they can never win.

HYMN 6:
1. Through the love of God our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All, all is well:
Precious is the blood that healed us;
Perfect is the grace that sealed us;
Strong the hand stretched
forth to shield us;
All must be well.

2. Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well;
Christ hath purchased full salvation,
All, all is well:
Happy still in God confiding;
Fruitful, if in Christ abiding;
Holy, through the Spirit's guiding;
All must be well.

3. We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well;
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well:
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying,
Then in living or in dying,
All must be well.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by JESUDARA94(m): 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
NO MORE EXCUSES!!!
The day Zacchaeus climbed the tree, short people
lost their right to use HEIGHT as an excuse.
The day David killed Goliath, young people lost their
right to use AGE as an excuse. The day Joseph became Prime Minister, illegal
immigrants lost their right to use STATUS as an
excuse.
The day the woman with the issue of blood used her
last strength to touch the hem of Jesus' garment,
weak people lost their right to use WEAKNESS as an excuse.
The day the widow dropped her offering, poor
people lost their right to use POVERTY as an excuse.
The day Daniel met the lions, fearful people lost their
right to use DEATH as an excuse.
The day grace came through Christ, the "LOST" lost their right to use SIN as their excuse. NO MORE
EXCUSES!!
Please forsake your sin and accept Jesus Christ now
because you have NO EXCUSE
SHARP INSTRUMENT FELLOWSHIP ( AN INTERDENOMINATIONAL YOUTH FELLOWSHIP)
MISSION:- GROOMING THE YOUTH'S FOR CHRIST.
For more info and spiritual counselling, prayer
sharpinstrumentfellowship@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mimopel(f): 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2017
Greetings .....
We have Christian WhatsApp group for single brothers n singles...where will come together to pray study the word of God, co unsel one another on wat God wants in a Godly relationship and those who want to find their spouse can find a Godly spouse...if u are interested pls send ur WhatsApp message to Daniel 08038261313 to book an interview
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
JESUDARA94:
NO MORE EXCUSES!!!
The day Zacchaeus climbed the tree, short people
lost their right to use HEIGHT as an excuse.
The day David killed Goliath, young people lost their
right to use AGE as an excuse. The day Joseph became Prime Minister, illegal
immigrants lost their right to use STATUS as an
excuse.
The day the woman with the issue of blood used her
last strength to touch the hem of Jesus' garment,
weak people lost their right to use WEAKNESS as an excuse.
The day the widow dropped her offering, poor
people lost their right to use POVERTY as an excuse.
The day Daniel met the lions, fearful people lost their
right to use DEATH as an excuse.
The day grace came through Christ, the "LOST" lost their right to use SIN as their excuse. NO MORE
EXCUSES!!
Please forsake your sin and accept Jesus Christ now
because you have NO EXCUSE
SHARP INSTRUMENT FELLOWSHIP ( AN INTERDENOMINATIONAL YOUTH FELLOWSHIP)
MISSION:- GROOMING THE YOUTH'S FOR CHRIST.
For more info and spiritual counselling, prayer
sharpinstrumentfellowship@gmail.com
Bro more of this. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2017

SUNDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER, 2017

THE IMPORTANT FACTOR

MEMORISE:
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the
preminence.
Colossians 1:18

READ:
Matthew 6:31-34
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

First thing first, so the saying goes. As a believer in Christ, when you come before God’s presence, the most important person is not you but Him. Also, unlike most of us believe, at God’s Throne of Grace, the most important thing is not you request, but rather the worship you offer to Him. If you fail to get this right, and you fail to adjust your approach and attitude to reflect this truth, you will always have issues with God. Do you know that every time you approach God’s presence, it is like facing a test? Believe it or not, when you come before God, there are two crucial people at the meeting: God and you. One of these two must take pre-eminence. Similarly, God has a need and you also have a need; one of these two needs; one of these two needs must be more important.
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you! Matthew 6:33
This scripture tells us about a divine order that must be followed. It also talks about God’s need and man’s need. It tells us that God has already provided for all man’s needs. In other words, God already has all you would need at any time in your life. For you to receive them, all that He requires from you is to simply meet His needs. Give Him what He wants. Put Him first and your needs last. Give Him quality thanks, praise and worship. When you follow Heaven’s protocol, you will easily receive a favorable answer to your requests. God expects you to come before His presence with thanksgiving, praise and worship, leaving your request as the last thing. Do you know that one way to know how important something really is to you is to measure the amount of time you give to it? When you pray for one hour and you use 50 minutes of the time presenting your request, you are telling God that you and your request are more important than him and Hos desires. How do you think this makes God feel? In any case, He has already expressed His thoughts about this in 1 Samuel 2:30, where He said:
“for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.”
Also, what you focus on becomes magnified. If you focus on your problems, they will be enlarged. But if you focus on God and what He wants, He will be magnified to the extent that your problems will fade into insignificance. By the time you eventually remember them, you would discover that they have been swallowed up by His Almightiness, leaving you with the answer to your prayers.

KEY POINT:
If you make God your priority, He will make you His priority.

HYMN 3:
O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee,
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Refrain:

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Refrain:

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then shall I bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim, "My God, how great Thou art!"
Refrain:

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.