Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (834014 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2018
Emmanystone:
You are posting Open heavens continuously. That is spamming
Thanks for your reply. So posting the same topic on a thread continuously is called spamming. Okay. Please did the spamming posts happened my moniker, Julivas? Thanks.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by DickSin(m): 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2018
Julivas:

Thanks for your reply.
So posting the same topic on a thread continuously is called spamming. Okay.
Please did the spamming posts happened my moniker, Julivas?
Thanks.

You are very very stupid, I think something is wrong with your head
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
DickSin:

You are very very stupid, I think something is wrong with your head
You are blessed sir. Take care.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2018
Happy Sunday all. Trust you had a glorious service
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by BrandNewWorld: 10:42am On Apr 16, 2018
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by hurricanekatrina(f): 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2018
hi
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2018
hurricanekatrina:
hi
Good evening ma. Trust you are doing well in the Lord.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:49pm On Apr 18, 2018
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OLD TIME CHURCH SERVICE AND MODERN TIME CHURCH SERVICE.
1. When the choristers of the old time finish singing,the congregation burst into tears because they sang
down the glory, but in the modern, after the
Delilahs and Jezebels finish singing, the
congregation respond with a clap offering
returning Ichabod to Ichabod.
2. In the old, during message, the congregation
cry and tell God that they are
sorry, but today, as message is going on people
drop money, blow whistle and
shout "ride on pastor".
3. The old went to Church and the message
gave them faith but the modern went to
church and the message gave them fake.(olive
oil,handkerchief,apron,sticker,holy water,and
calendars of their G. O.)
4.The ancient carried their bible in booklet
because they were not ashamed of Jesus but
some today carry ipad to church because they
feel shy to be identified with Jesus and to
such, Jesus will be ashamed of you on the last
day.
5. The old go to church with their hair covered
with their head ties but the modern cover their
hair with Brazillian weavon.
6. During prayers, the ancient close their eyes
and give God their whole attention but the
modern open their eyes,looking around like
armedrobbers and even answers calls during
prayers.
7. The old dance godly dance to thanksgiving
and offering but the modern is not even afraid
to dance doro,awilo and azonto even before
the altar.
8. The ancients go to church with their body
covered and are focused on inner beauty but
the modern wears mini skirt,show
everything,and everything on her is artificial
and ends up looking like "mamiwota". They are prone to falling at the slightest prayer because all she is
putting on has a demon attached to it.
9. In the old,sinners go home weeping but
today sinners go home rejoicing.
10. The ancients answer altar calls with tears rolling down their faces. The modern do the same chewing gum.
O Lord, revive your work. May revival precede the rapture.
Check yourself very well and redress your way/part......

Blessing is attached in sharing this, when you change and trace your way back to your maker.
God bless you.

Copied

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by petemas(m): 11:32am On Apr 19, 2018
Please brethren,i need your financial help
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by WIXE(m): 10:09am On Apr 22, 2018
Some fake Prophets hv hiptonize must of us Christians , Religion which is supposed to serve as a breakthrough in our endeavours, nw serve as a blockegd to our success,, imagine a student that's has exams, waisting time learning how to speak in tounges,,,
Pls wiseup brethren,,,

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by 0neal(m): 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2018
Good Day watch men

http://yourmove.is

Andy Stanley is one of my Favourite American pastor, Who can communicate in the most clear and enlighten way what is takes to be a genuine and passionate Jesus follower...

Check out his website and you'll be glad you did
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 11:37pm On Apr 25, 2018
Good evening brethren
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Dannan: 8:37am On Apr 28, 2018
A Blessed morning to you sir Julivas.
Julivas:
Good evening brethren
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:49pm On Apr 28, 2018
Dannan:
A Blessed morning to you sir Julivas.
Thanks sir and happy weekend.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by aliya247(m): 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
Are you a christian from Islamic background meaning you where a Muslim now a born again christian and you have the passion to preach the gospel to your families and friends? You are welcome to chat me on Whatsapp 08030808893
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by alertness(m): 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
Anybody ever wondered why a Christian who keeps God's commandments would be praying morning and night and even fast sometimes for a breakthrough and yet nothing seem to happen ,prayers seem unanswered even after years??Does anyone know why?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
MARRIAGE IS HARD WORK
(Dr. Olukoya)
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Many years ago, I used to interpret the saying "Marriage is not for small boys" to mean small boys in terms of age, until I visited a female mentor that has been in marriage for 47 years.
I asked, so what is the secret of your over 47 years in marriage?

Beaming, she retorted; My son, the expectations you bring into marriage will either spell its doom or success. I married my husband without expectations of enjoying his money or buying cars for me, but with time, my patience, hard work and God-fearing attitude yielded results of getting cars, houses, taking care of our children and all that.

You see, if a married lady keeps on nagging in the house, she pushes the spirit of her husband from the home. If you make the man unhappy, you make the house uncomfortable.
So, I married without high expectations from my husband but simply to make him happy always.

Yes, for the past 47 years, I would be the first to get up from bed and the last to go back to bed. I bath the kids, do devotions with them, prepare breakfast for my husband and boil hot water for him to bath. I iron his clothes he would take to work, kiss him and wish him the best in his daily endeavours.
I asked my old woman, so then what does the man do in return? She laughed all heart and hearty and replied; You see, this is the mistake you young ones make in marriage.
YOU DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR HUSBAND OR WIFE AND EXPECT SAME REWARD FROM HIM OR HER, THIS IS WRONG!
When it becomes your attitude to only please your husband or wife always, the other person responds naturally. Indeed, if nothing touches the palm tree, it doesn't rattle.
She continued, my son, never carry "how rich or poor your family is" into marriage. After all, you knew very well the status of your family and decided to marry that man or woman.
Love only compels/leads would-be couples into marriage but it doesn't sustain marriage. Rather, understanding, patience, communication and most importantly, forgiveness sustain every marriage. High expectations are the symptoms of divorce in marriages.
Sometimes you hear, I want to marry a mother, a business partner, God fearing person etc. You cannot get all your expectations in one person. With time and depending on your relationship, you may get some. So minimise your expectations in marriage.
To cut the long story short, as too many cooks spoil the broth, she concluded on the mistakes a couple should resist at all cost in marriage:
1) Never say you have made your wife or husband somebody from a nobody. It hurts. God only used you as an agent for transformation, give the glory to God.
2) Let the man be head of the home no matter the financial, economic,
physical and emotional health situation prevailing in the couple's life whilst the woman exercises diligence in the use of the tongue.
3) Having children should not be the ultimate objective in marriage. They are given to enhance your marriage. When God delays in giving you a child, have every reason to live a happy marital life.
4) Sex is a major morale booster after a hard day's stressful life. Try to be sexual beings and not "Angels" in that marriage
5) Resort to God often and less to men to solve your marital disputes.
6) Let the women " Make up" their characters much more than they make up their body.
Indeed, marriage is not for small boys because small boys struggle to forgive, demand everything speedily, lack the patience to wait, have so many friends etc.
Make every effort to let that marriage work and may God help us.

Kindly Share to Bless Others and bless marriages around the world
Nice reading!!!

➖➖➖➖
Let us know what you believe is the secret to the success of your marriage in the comment below to help the single brothers and sisters planning to get married soon

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
alertness:
Anybody ever wondered why a Christian who keeps God's commandments would be praying morning and night and even fast sometimes for a breakthrough and yet nothing seem to happen ,prayers seem unanswered even after years??Does anyone know why?

Nice question and observation.
There are several reasons that may warrant this sir.
1. It may be that the person is religious , and not yet born again.
2. It maybe that it's not yet appropriate to answer such prayer.
3. It may be a trial of faith.
4. It may also due to the the fact that answering that prayer at that moment may affect your life negatively.
......and many more. Hope this help.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by alertness(m): 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
Julivas:

Nice question and observation.
There are several reasons that may warrant this sir.
1. It may be that the person is religious , and not yet born again.
2. It maybe that it's not yet appropriate to answer such prayer.
3. It may be a trial of faith.
4. It may also due to the the fact that answering that prayer at that moment may affect your life negatively.
......and many more. Hope this help.
Can an individual who is religious and who keeps God's commandments be unborn again?
Not appropriate to answer such prayer?Not even one of the petitions?
Trial of faith?...John 4:48 says unless you people see signs and wonders, you will not believe.
Negatively?
no I don't think so but He knows what's best though.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Factfinder1(m): 12:01pm On May 02, 2018
God be praised
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 6:07pm On May 02, 2018
Factfinder1:
God be praised

Hallelujah, May HIS name be praised forever in Jesus mighty name, HIS only begotten son, amen.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by psychonaut13: 6:29am On May 03, 2018
The story of Jesus, a savior, with 12 followers, who performed miracles, born of a virgin, rise from dead after 3 days is not an original story. it has been told in every culture, by every people on every continent to thousands of years before the Age of Pisces. They are using metaphors and allegories to teach us our true history as well as the movements of the planets, the constellation. The sun= savior, 12 disciples=12 signs of Zodiac.
God=us. At the Council Of Chalcedon in 325 AD, Jesus Christ, was fabricated and invented to give people hope or solace. Christianity is actually based on sacramental mushroom use and a fertility cult.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 5:54pm On May 03, 2018
psychonaut13:
The story of Jesus, a savior, with 12 followers, who performed miracles, born of a virgin, rise from dead after 3 days is not an original story. it has been told in every culture, by every people on every continent to thousands of years before the Age of Pisces. They are using metaphors and allegories to teach us our true history as well as the movements of the planets, the constellation. The sun= savior, 12 disciples=12 signs of Zodiac.
God=us. At the Council Of Chalcedon in 325 AD, Jesus Christ, was fabricated and invented to give people hope or solace. Christianity is actually based on sacramental mushroom use and a fertility cult.

Too much knowledge is telling on you.
You are forgiven, go and sin no more..
Accept Jesus Christ today and be saved.
You are loved.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by 0neal(m): 9:50pm On May 04, 2018
Have you ever felt guilty missing Sunday Church service than you did treating a fellow human being badly?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 1:11pm On May 05, 2018
0neal:
Have you ever felt guilty missing Sunday Church service than you did treating a fellow human being badly?
Hmmm
We should not be comfortable to treat our neighbours badly as Christian , so also we should not derive joy from not attending Sunday service or any other gathering of the brethren.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by 0neal(m): 10:38pm On May 05, 2018
Julivas:

Hmmm
We should not be comfortable to treat our neighbours badly as Christian , so also we should not derive joy from not attending Sunday service or any other gathering of the brethren.

Well said bro...LOVE should be the mantra of believers (John 13:34) as commanded by our Lord Jesus Christ

To be honest its quite hard to Love up those who hurts us and even the ones who just derive joy hating on us for no tangible reason (imperfect humans we are).

Nevertheless, I must obey the command of my resurrected King and Saviour.
Naturally there's this inherent soothing peace and rest of mind when one forgives genuinely those who hurts us.

Just like what psychologists will say, when you smile half is for the person you are smiling at and the other half for your Face...

We should have in mind Our devotion to God (the Vertical) will be measured by our Love for people in our sphere of contact(the horizontal), in Matthew 5:23-24 "Leave your gift on the Altar and go reconcile with your brother or sister and then come offer your gift"
Meditating on the recorded Words of Jesus Christ (in Red print) in the New testament Should be a daily habit...as Jesus' followers/disciples we are.

God gives Us Grace to LOVE one another.

Amen

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by beeshup: 11:20am On May 06, 2018
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 08, 2018
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Topsy0426(m): 4:52am On May 10, 2018
www.fortizolight.com | CHECK OUT FOR ALL AROUND GOSPEL - Audio, Teaching, Videos, Messages, Daily Devotional, Inspirational Quotes | Motivation Tips And Many More.

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Fammoboy10(m): 3:45am On May 13, 2018
IN MY FATHER’S HOUSE

The Story of Joseph in the scripture, coupled with the idea that when a man get to a state of prominence will trigger the enrichment of other members of the family has blindfolded many from the teachings of Christ and has made many to err in the place of prayer.
The sense of possessing coupled with the hunger to rise above other people, the desire to acquire more and more has indeed gone a long way to deter people from seeing the precious promises of God for their very life, making many to pray amiss.
Sometimes ago I and my kindred was opportune to attend a prayer meeting where the major prayer point was that of “In my father’s house”, a prayer that is in two folds; “Make me the head and not the tail” and “Where no one has never gotten to in my family, let me be the first to get there”.
These are the kind of prayers that are portrayed to be a very powerful prayer points. The kind you see people of the same kindred praying and rolling on the floor to pray (even simultaneously).
A Yoruba proverb says “Adura ni koun je ki adura gba” (i.e. it is prayer that hinders prayer from being answered). I was praying, my family members are also saying theirs, and then I begin to wonder whose prayer will God answer first.
I begin to ponder within me, where is the love, the likes, even for my siblings. I felt like it was as if I was even praying for their demotion indirectly. Think about it, If I pray having the mindset that “I must get to a prominent place before any of them, so that I can extend a helping hand them, I’m I not cursing or praying for their demotion, I’m I not being selfish, I’m I not being influenced by the “Tyranny of Things”
“The willingness to always possess or acquire things, a situation that is so powerful enough to drive God out of His central shrine in the heart of every man”.

You can read here:[url] “The Tyranny of Things”.
[/url]https://kingdomfacts..com.ng/2018/05/the-tyranny-of-things.html
This article I write, so that everyone that is also having this kind of mindset would come to the knowledge of the fact that the prayer of “In my father’s house” as well as many others we will soon be pointing out in the light of the scriptures negates the teachings of Christ, promoting nothing but hatred and selfishness.

WHERE IS THE LOVE?
John 15: 12-13, Mark 12:31
In Mark 12:31, Jesus says love your neighbor as yourself. (That’s by the law anyway). However, Jesus requires more than that “In John 15:12-13, “My command is this, Love each other as I have loved you”. How has he loved us? By leaving his glory in heaven (Demoting himself), and coming down to earth to die for our sins.
“The practical lesson Jesus wants us to learn here is to love, and always seek for the upliftment of our fellows or neighbors."
If therefore you claim to be a new creature in Christ, then the prayer of in my father’s house should be an exception because it negates the dictates of Christ.

I KNOW THE PLAN I HAVE FOR YOU
Jeremiah 29:11, Jeremiah 1:5
God has plan for everybody, and the plan is of good and not of evil. If God is having a better plan for me, why can’t I claim the promises of God rather than praying for greatness at the detriment of my kindred?.
If God is having a better plan and future for me, then, where God is taking me to in life is never be a function (can never be as a result) of where God is taking any of my kindred to.
God told Jeremiah, Jeremiah 1:5 “He has known him, set him apart and appointed him for a special purpose. And the same is for everyone who knows their God.

You can also read: [url]Why you should never pray in the name of the God of any MOG.[/url] https://kingdomfacts..com.ng/2018/05/why-you-should-never-pray-in-name-of.html

Conclusively, this article I write so that you may know that which you have known, and that when next you are in a position of praying at the detriment of your kindred or friends, it is best you claim the promises of God, pray that the glorious plan of God for your life be established. Make declarations: I am going places, I am rich in Christ, I am blessed, I am going higher etc. in Jesus name. Glory to God.

Remain Blessed.
Your humble submission is highly welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Olyboy16(m): 12:02am On May 14, 2018
As the oceans of the earth are simply a glimpse of the Exceedingly Great Waters of The Heavens; so is The Bible just a glimpse of The Exceedingly Great Abundance of The Words and Revelations of God.
Ha, His Words are far far far more than Genesis to Revelations; His depths are far far far beyond His Name and Power.
Ha, His Wisdom and Knowledge can create infinite numbers of universes all Coexisting in parallel.
Men have read The Bible from cover to cover, yet they are still searching for God's Knowledge! His Words cannot be contained in books nor can The hearts of men contain them.
He speaks a thousand words in a second, and yet He speak a Word in a thousand years; What a mighty God we serve.
Psalms 18:13 "
The Lord also thundered in the heauvens, and the highest gave his voice; hailstones and coals of fire."
http://righteouslifegospel..com.ng/2018/05/the-mysteries-and-depths-of-god-pt-i.html?m=1
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Thistles: 9:10am On May 15, 2018
Good morning NLs,

The scripture says we should flee all forms of fornication. It's really not easy. At times kissing, necking and petting comes into it. Is there anyone in the house that got married without any of these experiences?

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.