Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,906 members, 7,838,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua (2257 Views)

David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World / Nigeria’s Five Richest Pastors And How They Made Their Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by tip999: 12:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logiboy03"I would rather he used his influence to work with the govt and provide self-sustaining solutions for the masses or congregation rather than give money and bags of rice every year as a temporary solution"
there are thousands of students who are sponsored to have self sustaining future.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2012
tip999: Logiboy"That is not my problem with the issue. My problem is that they are called "wise men"- the marketing gimmick is so obvious. Church is a business. TB Joshua's family could be the "shareholders" while the Wisemen are directors."
Many things "could be" while they may not be. Prove that they are not "could be"

I said "could be" because I dont know. You want me to lie?

The fact remains that TB Joshua is a liar for making the comment that he is not among the richest pastors. How many pastors have a TV programme?
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by tip999: 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
"The fact remains that TB Joshua is a liar for making the comment that he is not among the richest pastors. How many pastors have a TV programme?"
it is the organization that is rich . He said he have no personal account.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
tip999: Logiboy03"I would rather he used his influence to work with the govt and provide self-sustaining solutions for the masses or congregation rather than give money and bags of rice every year as a temporary solution"
there are thousands of students who are sponsored to have self sustaining future.

I know that he sponsors a few students (i dont know where you got "thousands" from) but that is something not uncommon. My family does that- sponsor children to secondary and tetiairy education.

For a man of his calibre and riches, he can do more (work with govt to provide self-sustaining solutions).

By the way, even Hamas does charity. Charity does not mean that you are a good person or your message is true.

Just like Hamas, it is a smokescreen for TB Joshua and co to milk the congregation with fake prophecies and miracles.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
tip999: "The fact remains that TB Joshua is a liar for making the comment that he is not among the richest pastors. How many pastors have a TV programme?"
it is the organization that is rich . He said he have no personal account.

It is his organisation.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by tip999: 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
"I know that he sponsors a few students (i dont know where you got "thousands" from) but that is something not uncommon. My family does that- sponsor children to secondary and tetiairy education.

For a man of his calibre and riches, he can do more (work with govt to provide self-sustaining solutions).

By the way, even Hamas does charity. Charity does not mean that you are a good person or your message is true.

Just like Hamas, it is a smokescreen for TB Joshua and co to milk the congregation with fake prophecies and miracles."
dont talk about fake miracles since you did not even believe in miracles.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
tip999:

Oh but that is why they are fake!

By the way, use the quote button to quote- it makes things easier for you!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/896421_quote_pngadd7eedc8a229e640acf5c7ce0eb6df9
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by tip999: 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2012
"By the way, use the quote button to quote- it makes things easier for you"

thanks for the corrections I never did it intentionally. I was thinking on the "how to do it".
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2012
tip999:
"By the way, use the quote button to quote- it makes things easier for you"

thanks for the corrections I never did it intentionally. I was thinking on the "how to do it".

Try it grin
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by tip999: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Try it grin
ok
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by tip999: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
tip999:
ok
I can see it work well.I am grateful.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
tip999:
ok

See? That's better
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by tip999: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

See? That's better
yes , i just never knew it.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Delafruita(m): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

I would rather that he spoke the truth from his pulpit and empowered the youth and his congregation.

I would rather that he stopped making false prophecies and gave people belief in themselves to control their own future.

I would rather he used his influence to work with the govt and provide self-sustaining solutions for the masses or congregation rather than give money and bags of rice every year as a temporary solution
he does his part.you forget that he is a private citizen of this country just like you and ihe speaks truth from his altar,probably not the whole truth,but at least he exorts his congregation to give to the needy and less privileged.he doesnt just say it,he leads by example.call it coincidence or call it sorcery,the reality is many of his prophecies come to pass
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Delafruita(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
tip999: "I know that he sponsors a few students (i dont know where you got "thousands" from) but that is something not uncommon. My family does that- sponsor children to secondary and tetiairy education.

Just like Hamas, it is a smokescreen for TB Joshua and co to milk the congregation with fake prophecies and miracles."
whether its a smokescreen or not,thousands benefit from him directly and indirectly.if all our jet-acquiring-pastors had such "smokescreen",nigeria would be a better place
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
Delafruita: he does his part.you forget that he is a private citizen of this country just like you and ihe speaks truth from his altar,probably not the whole truth,but at least he exorts his congregation to give to the needy and less privileged.he doesnt just say it,he leads by example.call it coincidence or call it sorcery,the reality is many of his prophecies come to pass

When you are ready to move away from the smokescreen of charity and false prophecies, call me.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Delafruita(m): 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

I said "could be" because I dont know. You want me to lie?

The fact remains that TB Joshua is a liar for making the comment that he is not among the richest pastors. How many pastors have a TV programme?
almost all pastors have a TV programme.as for TV STATION,then you might have a point.however,the point been made by TB Joshua isnt that he isnt rich,he says his wealth cannot be estimated because it isnt stagnant neither is it transferred into acquisitions.rather the wealth been ascribed to him is continously disbursed into his charity hence its not actually his own.thats the man's point
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
Delafruita: almost all pastors have a TV programme.as for TV STATION,then you might have a point.however,the point been made by TB Joshua isnt that he isnt rich,he says his wealth cannot be estimated because it isnt stagnant neither is it transferred into acquisitions.rather the wealth been ascribed to him is continously disbursed into his charity hence its not actually his own.thats the man's point

Tv station or Tv programme, itmakes no difference. I can walk into 10 churches in my area in lagos and none of them have either. I dunno if you are trolling. You used to be more sensible than this.

Do you know the percentage that he puts into charity? Do you know his personal properties? He can not make that statement without declaring all his personal properties.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Delafruita(m): 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

When you are ready to move away from the smokescreen of charity and false prophecies, call me.

what exactly is this "smokescreen"?

is it sponsoring the education of kids who might otherwise would have ended up on the streets?

is it taking care of the needs of widows who otherwise might have gotten frustrated and even gotten suicidal?

is it reaching out to the disabled by providing for some of their needs?

if these above listed are the "smokescreen",then we need all pastors to begin this model of "smokescreen".if pastors deceive people and at the end of the day they do half of what joshua does,then i wouldnt have any qualms with their collection of tithes and special offering.heck i might even be encouraged to pay tithe as a way of doing a little bit of charity.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by tip999: 3:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
Delafruita:

is it sponsoring the education of kids who might otherwise would have ended up on the streets?

is it taking care of the needs of widows who otherwise might have gotten frustrated and even gotten suicidal?

if these above listed are the "smokescreen",then we need all pastors to begin this model of "smokescreen".if pastors deceive people and at the end of the day they do half of what joshua does,then i wouldnt have any qualms with their collection of tithes and special offering.heck i might even be encouraged to pay tithe as a way of doing a little bit of charity.
Good words Delafruita
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Delafruita(m): 3:58pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Tv station or Tv programme, itmakes no difference. I can walk into 10 churches in my area in lagos and none of them have either. I dunno if you are trolling. You used to be more sensible than this.

Do you know the percentage that he puts into charity? Do you know his personal properties? He can not make that statement without declaring all his personal properties.
i dont know his properties.at least i know he doesnt own a jet.

i dont know what percentage he puts into the charity but i have a fair idea of what the charity doles out monthly and it is quite a huge sum.

i dont know him personally but i once witnessed the rice-sharing "smokescreen" a few years ago and i saw him among those that were distributing the rice.he was dressed same way with the emmanuel tv t-shirts and a pair of jean.you could see the members of the team who were young people freely chatting with him.

after the paralymics,i watched as he distributed cars and cash gifts to the paralympians.

i personally know someone who went to his church to solicit assistance and was given a bus for transport and his wife was given 500,000naira for business.

almost every month,some form of reach-out is made to the school for the deaf and other special schools.

i dont endorse his message of jesus as you and i know that i am not a believer in a mystic zombie who sent his son to die for the sins of a creation that rebelled.however,i think the man should be applauded for his charitable deeds.his church doesnt have branches.there's only one here in nigeria but it is well known.thats to show that for good or for ill,he is recognized for his actions.

you call it a smokescreen but to those people who benefitted from his largesse,it might be a smokescreen,but its a smokescreen that impacted their lives and made it better
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2012
Delafruita:

The average ignorant Nigerian will shout TB Joshua as one of the good pastors that help the needy and the poor. The catholic church does 10 times more work than TB Joshua in Nigeria. However, you will keep hearing more of TB Joshua than any other charity organisation because TB Joshua and his church shout it more than the others. Every small act of charity is praised and exaggerated by his church and his TV station.

Guess what? The catholic church in Nigeria does more charity work and also do not have private jets!

Does that mean that the catholic church is good and true? No!! Just like it doesnt mean that TB Joshua is a true prophet or he is doing the best for society. Have you seen the atrociities of the catholic church even in Nigeria? The catholic church makes a profit for every charity done either in members or in money. This same caqtholic church that was preaching against condoms in Africa, claiming that condoms are worse than Aids.

Even terrorist organisations like Hamas give charity. If I am a gansgster worth 2 billion, what does it really take me to give 50 million to charity to improve my criminal image?

Charity is not the solution to Nigeria. Never. While it is good, it is only a temporary remedy to a huge problem. What we need in society, is something beyond any preacher is willing to do. Telling the truth, empowering the people and working with the government for better policies in the society.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
Delafruita:
i dont know his properties.at least i know he doesnt own a jet.

i dont know what percentage he puts into the charity but i have a fair idea of what the charity doles out monthly and it is quite a huge sum.

i dont know him personally but i once witnessed the rice-sharing "smokescreen" a few years ago and i saw him among those that were distributing the rice.he was dressed same way with the emmanuel tv t-shirts and a pair of jean.you could see the members of the team who were young people freely chatting with him.

after the paralymics,i watched as he distributed cars and cash gifts to the paralympians.

i personally know someone who went to his church to solicit assistance and was given a bus for transport and his wife was given 500,000naira for business.

almost every month,some form of reach-out is made to the school for the deaf and other special schools.

i dont endorse his message of jesus as you and i know that i am not a believer in a mystic zombie who sent his son to die for the sins of a creation that rebelled.however,i think the man should be applauded for his charitable deeds.his church doesnt have branches.there's only one here in nigeria but it is well known.thats to show that for good or for ill,he is recognized for his actions.

you call it a smokescreen but to those people who benefitted from his largesse,it might be a smokescreen,but its a smokescreen that impacted their lives and made it better

Yawn......I am not saying that charity is bad. I am saying that charity does not make TB Joshua a good person or someone to respect. Just read my post;

Logicboy03:

The average ignorant Nigerian will shout TB Joshua as one of the good pastors that help the needy and the poor. The catholic church does 10 times more work than TB Joshua in Nigeria. However, you will keep hearing more of TB Joshua than any other charity organisation because TB Joshua and his church shout it more than the others. Every small act of charity is praised and exaggerated by his church and his TV station.

Guess what? The catholic church in Nigeria does more charity work and also do not have private jets!

Does that mean that the catholic church is good and true? No!! Just like it doesnt mean that TB Joshua is a true prophet or he is doing the best for society. Have you seen the atrociities of the catholic church even in Nigeria? The catholic church makes a profit for every charity done either in members or in money. This same caqtholic church that was preaching against condoms in Africa, claiming that condoms are worse than Aids.

Even terrorist organisations like Hamas give charity. If I am a gansgster worth 2 billion, what does it really take me to give 50 million to charity to improve my criminal image?

Charity is not the solution to Nigeria. Never. While it is good, it is only a temporary remedy to a huge problem. What we need in society, is something beyond any preacher is willing to do. Telling the truth, empowering the people and working with the government for better policies in the society.

Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by tip999: 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
[quote author=Logicboy03]

"

Charity is not the solution to Nigeria. Never. While it is good, it is only a temporary remedy to a huge problem. What we need in society, is something beyond any preacher is willing to do. Telling the truth, empowering the people and working with the government for better policies in the society."quote

You cant compare the catholic church and organization which existed for centuries of years , with billions of resources with t.b Joshua organization. By the way the catholic are also praise for their charitable works. T.b joshua is unique in chritable works when compares to the other pastor who some of you type will still criticize for buying jets and saying they are not helping the poor.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Delafruita(m): 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

perhaps you can enlighten us on the charity work done by the catholic church.orphanages?mission schools?we thank them for their part.lets also applaud joshua for his own efforts
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
Delafruita: perhaps you can enlighten us on the charity work done by the catholic church.orphanages?mission schools?we thank them for their part.lets also applaud joshua for his own efforts

grin

Sorry, while I would grudgingly admit that he does good charity work.............he is still a false prophet.
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Delafruita(m): 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

grin

Sorry, while I would grudgingly admit that he does good charity work.............he is still a false prophet.
same as all the others.however he's a false prophet that impacts lives.thats much better
Re: I Am Not Among The Richest Pastors-prophet T.B Joshua by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
Delafruita: same as all the others.however he's a false prophet that impacts lives.thats much better

Agreed smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

God's Wife -missing In Action / These Means That God Don't Know That Prevention Is Better Than Cure / Pastor Dies, After He Was Buried Alive By Church Members For Powers..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.