Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. (2801 Views)

Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. / Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. / Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
advocate666:

Please explain the dinosaurs in relation to genesis and we will take it from there instead of asking rhetorical questions. Why are you afraid of dealing with the subject? Instead you go into diatribes about Einstein, beyond universe time, earth rotation etc.
Even if you were correct about your idea of "time", how does it explain dinosaurs as per genesis?
Dude, calm down. I will answer all your questions.
You have to understand that before any further thing I will say make sense to you, we must make sense of the already existing things.
Let's do it gently. You made a scientific blunder which must be corrected before any further thing. Let me rephrase it one more time. If the speed of the movement of the earth around its axis is increased, what will happen to time?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by IdiAmin2(m): 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
advocate666:

Please explain the dinosaurs in relation to genesis and we will take it from there instead of asking rhetorical questions. Why are you afraid of dealing with the subject? Instead you go into diatribes about Einstein, beyond universe time, earth rotation etc.
Even if you were correct about your idea of "time", how does it explain dinosaurs as per genesis?

Mr advocate, u need to understand these so called christians, when u don pin them for corner and they don't have an answer, they will just de-rail the whole discussion. This guy is saying absolutely NOTHING about the topic.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by advocate666: 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
Reyginus: Dude, calm down. I will answer all your questions.
You have to understand that before any further thing I will say make sense to you, we must make sense of the already existing things.
Let's do it gently. You made a scientific blunder which must be corrected before any further thing. Let me rephrase it one more time. If the speed of the movement of the earth around its axis is increased, what will happen to time?

I could have asked you which time but I know where you are going so I'm going to answer your question and hope you will answer mine afterwards. OK?

If the movement of earth increases, nothing happens to time as time is constant. Now some pseudo scientists might argue that days and nights would become shorter thus less than 24hours in a day. This is where the confusion is in your head. What changed was the speed of earth. We only need, if we want, to the change number of minutes in an hour to 55 and still have a 24hour day. hours, minutes, days, years etc are measures of time in relation to our space. They are not time. I will give you some examples.

1- If it takes object z 20 minutes to travel from point a to b to c but 30 minutes to do the return journey to b, you can see that the variables are speed and distance. Time remains the same. The variations in measurement of time is due to the variations in distance and speed. Understood? No? See the next example.
2- Imagine a fly on a ball rotating at 2m/min with light on one side of the ball. If we double the speed of the ball, the fly will start rotating at 4m/min. The silly fly might even think that his days and nights have accelerated but we know that time has not changed. We have just increased his little ball's speed. Still confused? See the next one
3- Let's take 2 planets rotating at exactly the same speed. Set two clocks at the same time, put one clock on each planet. Now, no matter how much the speed of rotation of either planet increases or decreases, the two clocks will still show exactly the same time.

So if you are suggesting that an increase in the rotation speed of a round object affects time, think again.

Now please answer my questions.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
Idi-Amin:

Mr advocate, u need to understand these so called christians, when u don pin them for corner and they don't have an answer, they will just de-rail the whole discussion. This guy is saying absolutely NOTHING about the topic.
Dude, what you say?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by advocate666: 12:16am On Nov 29, 2012
Reyginus: Dude, what you say?

Still waiting for your answer or are you going to wear your soldier of christ armour and run away?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 29, 2012
advocate666:

I could have asked you which time but I know where you are going so I'm going to answer your question and hope you will answer mine afterwards. OK?

If the movement of earth increases, nothing happens to time as time is constant. Now some pseudo scientists might argue that days and nights would become shorter thus less than 24hours in a day. This is where the confusion is in your head. What changed was the speed of earth. We only need, if we want, to the change number of minutes in an hour to 55 and still have a 24hour day. hours, minutes, days, years etc are measures of time in relation to our space. They are not time. I will give you 2 examples.

1- If it takes object z 20 minutes to travel from point a to b to c but 30 minutes to do the return journey to b, you can see that the variables are speed and distance. Time remains the same. The variations in measurement of time is due to the variations in distance and speed. Understood? No? See the next example.
2- Imagine a fly on a ball rotating at 2m/min with light on one side of the ball. If we double the speed of the ball, the fly will start rotating at 4m/min. The silly fly might even think that his days and nights have accelerated but we know that time has not changed. We have just increased his little ball's speed.

So if you are suggesting that an increase in the rotation speed of a round object affects time, think again.

Now please answer my questions.

I could easily spot the poor COPY AND PASTE job here. You still have a lot of work to do.
This is compounding further the problem. How can time be constant? What does it really mean? Are you this dumb?
If the speed of rotation of the earth increases, automatically the time taken to revolve round the earth axis will be initiated faster. What happens then? The period of day and night will be shortened. What is too hard there to grasp?
And to your wack examples.
1. You nailed yourself here. This is what you get from a terrible copy and paste job. If time is constant, why would there be variations in speed and distance to determine it? The moment you say the value of a thing is constant, saying that it requires any other thing for it to be determined contradicts it. Can time be constant and still vary? Can a constant vary?
2. This our fly is really silly.
Now to your answers..
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by advocate666: 12:24am On Nov 29, 2012
Reyginus: I could easily spot the poor COPY AND PASTE job here. You still have a lot of work to do.
This is compounding further the problem. How can time be constant? What does it really mean? Are you this dumb?
If the speed of rotation of the earth increases, automatically the time taken to revolve round the earth axis will be initiated faster. What happens then? The period of day and night will be shortened. What is too hard there to grasp?
And to your wack examples.
1. You nailed yourself here. This is what you get from a terrible copy and paste job. If time is constant, why would there be variations in speed and distance to determine it? The moment you say the value of a thing is constant, saying that it requires any other thing for it to be determined contradicts it. Can time be constant and still vary? Can a constant vary?
2. This our fly is really silly.
Now to your answers..

Typical christian. Accusation without evidence. I can't do copy and paste in a subject I know more about than you.
The bolded is a very dumb statement. Please see my third example.

You still need to learn about constants and measurements of constants. Go back to school.

That fly would be you on earth's surface.

Still waiting for the dinasaurs answer my dear soldier of christ.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 29, 2012
Simples. Following psalm 90:4. A day to God, equals thousands to us. In Genesis 1:3-27, each preceeding day, represented 'thousands' of days in the universe. Your dinosaurs passed through these years even before man was created. Mind you, the 'thousand' as used here is not really a thousand, but a symbolism to connote an uncountable number of days. So, what you say?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 29, 2012
advocate666:

Still waiting for your answer or are you going to wear your soldier of christ armour and run away?
I'm patiently waiting for your rough fists too.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 29, 2012
advocate666:

Typical christian. Accusation without evidence. I can't do copy and paste in a subject I know more about than you.
The bolded is a very dumb statement. Please see my third example.

You still need to learn about constants and measurements of constants. Go back to school.

That fly would be you on earth's surface.

Still waiting for the dinasaurs answer my dear soldier of christ.
Lololol. Is this your best shot?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by advocate666: 12:39am On Nov 29, 2012
Reyginus: Lololol. Is this your best shot?

Still waiting for your answer. Soldier of christ.

Is he going to answer? Is he going to run away? Place your bets.

I think you are scared and you will run without answering the op question.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 29, 2012
advocate666:

Still waiting for your answer. Soldier of christ.

Is he going to answer? Is he going to run away? Place your bets.

I think you are scared and you will run without answering the op question.
Gosh! Lol. Have you being blinded by the truth? Are you fine at all? Is that the best your fingers were conditioned for? SMH
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by advocate666: 12:48am On Nov 29, 2012
Reyginus: Gosh! Lol. Have you being blinded by the truth? Are you fine at all? Is that the best your fingers were conditioned for? SMH

Ok. Stop trolling. You are not being funny.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 29, 2012
I understand. You need time to think up a rebuttal. I give you forever. Let it stare in your face one more time.
Reyginus: Simples. Following psalm 90:4. A day to God, equals thousands to us. In Genesis 1:3-27, each preceeding day, represented 'thousands' of days in the universe. Your dinosaurs passed through these years even before man was created. Mind you, the 'thousand' as used here is not really a thousand, but a symbolism to connote an uncountable number of days. So, what you say?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by advocate666: 12:58am On Nov 29, 2012
Reyginus: Simples. Following psalm 90:4. A day to God, equals thousands to us. In Genesis 1:3-27, each preceeding day, represented 'thousands' of days in the universe. Your dinosaurs passed through these years even before man was created. Mind you, the 'thousand' as used here is not really a thousand, but a symbolism to connote an uncountable number of days. So, what you say?

So this is the reason why you were asking silly questions for two days and two pages? I thought you were going to come up with a mind-blowing new theory. This one has been around since 4000 years and have been debunked many times. Pathetic.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by plaetton: 2:42am On Nov 29, 2012

Amazing revelations!
So the dinosaur issue is finally laid to rest in a simple explanation.
wow. you are a genius. You deserve a novel prize for this amalgam of science and theology to reveal truth.

shocked
sshhhhhh!
(There is something akin to madness in their overwhelming method)-Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart. wink
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by cyrexx: 6:36am On Nov 29, 2012
I have said it before and i will say it here again:

Reyginus is Anony v2.0. He is the one that should truly be labelled as Anony's twin bro, not that shameless attachee who is forcing himself on him.

Welldone, Reyginus, you have perfected the skills of anonyism and i see you taking the baton from him grin
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Kay17: 9:01am On Nov 29, 2012

In other words, God is moving at the speed of light?

I thought God was above time?!

The christian God is a caricature of the distant past.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 29, 2012
advocate666:

So this is the reason why you were asking silly questions for two days and two pages? I thought you were going to come up with a mind-blowing new theory. This one has been around since 4000 years and have been debunked many times. Pathetic.
You are dumbing. Why?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 29, 2012
plaetton:

Amazing revelations!
So the dinosaur issue is finally laid to rest in a simple explanation.
wow. you are a genius. You deserve a novel prize for this amalgam of science and theology to reveal truth.

shocked
sshhhhhh!
(There is something akin to madness in their overwhelming method)-Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart. wink
lololol.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 29, 2012
cyrexx: I have said it before and i will say it here again:

Reyginus is Anony v2.0. He is the one that should truly be labelled as Anony's twin bro, not that shameless attachee who is forcing himself on him.

Welldone, Reyginus, you have perfected the skills of anonyism and i see you taking the baton from him grin
Cyrex biko kwa! Like a said the last time, I always want to improve.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 30, 2012
Kay 17:

In other words, God is moving at the speed of light?

I thought God was above time?!

The christian God is a caricature of the distant past.
Lol. Since our science can't measure what is in the spiritual world, we compare their events with what is in the physical. Seriously, is the speed of light a creation?
How do you mean above time?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Kay17: 6:15am On Nov 30, 2012
By above time = outside the realm of time, unaffeçted and undetermined by time.

What is the spiritual world and hw is it detected
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 30, 2012
Kay 17: By above time = outside the realm of time, unaffeçted and undetermined by time.

What is the spiritual world and hw is it detected
Can one be outside the realm of time and still create based on it?
The spiritual world is the world of the spirits and can be detected by the awakening of our spirit consciousness.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Kay17: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2012
^^
I didn't propose the "God outside time" theory, that is what most theists say.

Describe the spirit world and explain what spirit consciousness mean
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 30, 2012
Kay 17: ^^
I didn't propose the "God outside time" theory, that is what most theists say.

Describe the spirit world and explain what spirit consciousness mean
I am not most theists mr. To start with, do you possess a spirit? If yes, how is it like, what role does it play.? If no, we see how.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Joagbaje(m): 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2012
Dinosaurs existed before the creation story of Adam
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by advocate666: 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2012
Joagbaje: Dinosaurs existed before the creation story of Adam

You mean the creation story was false then?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Joagbaje(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2012
No rather , the creation story is being misunderstood. There was a perfect world created in genesis 1:1 but there was destruction that led to what was mentioned in verse 2.
The gap between verse 1, and 2 was millions of years. All the pee historic animals existed and were destroyed long before Adam was created.
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by advocate666: 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
Joagbaje: No rather , the creation story is being misunderstood. There was a perfect world created in genesis 1:1 but there was destruction that led to what was mentioned in verse 2.
The gap between verse 1, and 2 was millions of years. All the pee historic animals existed and were destroyed long before Adam was created.

So your reconciliation of dinosaurs to genesis was that there were omitted?
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by Joagbaje(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2012
The missing link between verse 1 and 2 can be seen in other passages . Pls go through this article

http://www.frankcaw.com/PreAdamite-Creation.html

Genesis 1:1 reads: “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” The word “created” was translated from the Hebrew word BARA, meaning to bring into existence, i.e., God created the world and the universe from literally nothing, from an absolutely empty vacuum. This is confirmed by Colossians 1:15-18 which reads, in part: “For by him were all things created...And he is before all things...” (cf. Hebrews 11:3; Psalms 8:3; 90:2; 95:5; 102:25; Isaiah 40:12, 22, 26, 28; 45:12, 18; 48:13.)

Genesis 1:2 reads: “And the earth was without form, and void...” According to the Hebrew, a more correct translation would read, “And the earth became waste and empty.” This is based on the fact that the Hebrew word HAYAH was translated “was” in this instance, but elsewhere was translated either “became, came, came to pass, become, or come to pass” 769 times throughout the Old Testament, and it should have been translated “became” in Genesis 1:2 also. As further confirmation, Strong’s Hebrew-Greek Dictionary defines HAYAH as meaning “become, be, come to pass, be accomplished, do, and cause,” with the very critical stipulation that it MUST always be in an emphatic sense denoting ACTION, and can never serve as a mere linking verb of a passive nature.

This very important dictionary stipulation clearly dispels arguments by critics who say that grammatical considerations dictate, in this instance, that a passive verb can be used, anyway, when translating the Hebrew word HAYAH in this passage. But, the Hebrew dictionary states very emphatically that the word HAYAH must always be translated as an action verb, and never as a passive linking verb. Accordingly, this theologically-neutral definition absolutely precludes the possibility that the word “was” is the correct translation. Likewise, the phrase, “without form, and void,” comes from the Hebrew words TOHUW VA BOHUW, and should have been translated as “waste and empty.” Therefore, Genesis 1:2 should read, “And the earth became waste and empty,” meaning that a perfect and beautiful world was made desolate and barren.

Genesis 1 and Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11; 31:17 sometimes are used to prove that God literally created the entire universe in six days and that, Scripturally-speaking, a pre-Adamite creation was impossible. But whenever it is stated that God “made” the earth and the heaven, or any part thereof, it is referring to the restoration of the immediate heavens and earth sometime after the pre-Adamite destruction portrayed in Genesis 1:2. Since the word “made” is translated from the Hebrew word ASAH, meaning to make something out of already existent materials, it is in direct contrast to the Hebrew word BARA, which means literally to create from absolute nothingness as in Genesis 1:1. Thus, after Genesis 1:1, the only BARA acts of literal creation were on those occasions when God imparted life to Adam and Eve and the animals — after their physical bodies were ASAH “made” from the dust of the earth. Everything else was simply restored to its original condition or ASAH “made” from already-existent materials on earth. That is why Genesis 2:3 states that God both “created” and “made” during the six days of Genesis 1, and why the two words are not interchangeable as some critics try to argue.

Furthermore, according to Genesis 1:28, God commanded Adam and Eve to “replenish” the earth, a further indication that the earth previously was inhabited by a pre-Adamite civilization. Although Strong’s Hebrew-Greek Dictionary says that the Hebrew word for “replenish” can mean either “fill” or “refill,” it is the same word that was used by God when He commanded Noah to refill or replenish the earth in Genesis 9:1. On that basis, then, it is very possible that Genesis 1:28 also means “replenish” or “refill.”

Sometimes people speculate that each day of Genesis 1 represents a long period of time (e.g., a thousand years) in an attempt to harmonize their theology with the vast amounts of time supposedly demanded by science. This theory usually is based on II Peter 3:8, which states that “one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” In actuality, however, all that this scripture really teaches is that a day and a thousand years both seem very insignificant when compared to the infinite expanse of time throughout eternity. Likewise, other scriptures cited as proof for this theory usually contain a qualifying condition of some type (e.g., Ezekiel 4:1-13 allows a day to symbolize or represent a year for the express purpose of prophetic demonstration only in that one instance). So, obviously such scriptures do not support the validity of the “day-age” theory.

Moreover, the word “day” in Genesis 1 should be interpreted to mean a literal day because biblical passages should always be given a literal interpretation unless the context clearly indicates otherwise or unless it would result in a nonsensical statement. This is made even more evident when we note that each of the days in Genesis 1 are comprised of an evening and a morning, and that they were specifically defined as literal days by God when He gave the Ten Commandments to Israel. (Exodus 20:8-11; 31:14-17). So, we must not force an unnatural meaning on the word “day” in a misguided attempt to harmonize biblical theology and science.

Isaiah gives us additional information:

Isaiah 14:12-17
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners? (KJV)

Satan is portrayed as ruler of the nations on earth until he experienced his moral and physical fall. He “didst weaken the nations” through the use of slander against God (cf. Ezek. 28:16-18), eventually corrupting the hearts of all the people on earth and a third (Rev. 12:4, 9) of the angels in Heaven. He even went so far as to incite open rebellion against God, and “ascend(ed) above the heights of the clouds” and “ascend(ed) into heaven” in order to “exalt (his) throne above the stars of God” and “be like the most High.” However, he was quickly and surely “cut down to the ground” by God.

This scriptural passage proves beyond any reasonable doubt that there were nations of people inhabiting earth at the time Satan rebelled against God, and that Satan succeeded in causing them to rebel with him. The phrase, “which didst weaken the nations,” makes this quite clear. Since Satan was already a morally-fallen creature when he tempted Eve in the garden of Eden, this confirms that there was a pre-Adamite civilization on earth sometime before Adam and Eve were told to “replenish” the earth.

That Satan became a morally-fallen creature before the creation of Adam and Eve explains why Hell originally was prepared for Satan and his angels (Matthew 25:41), and why Satan was busy tempting Eve in the beautiful Garden of Eden not very long after Adam and Eve were created. Likewise, since this rebellion by Satan took place on planet Earth, it also explains why Hell is located physically inside the Earth. (Matthew 12:40; Ephesians 4:7-11). Disembodied beings from a pre-Adamite creation also explain the origin of demons, and why they are so interested in occupying human bodies. Anyone who would deny a pre-Adamite creation must rationally and Scripturally explain these matters in some other way.

Parenthetically, it should be noted that even though Satan was physically cast out of heaven when he rebelled against God, he still has access to the throne of God (Job 1 and 2) until the time of the Rapture when he and his angels will be cast out forever (Revelation 12; Hebrews 12:26-29; Haggai 2:6, 7, 21, 22).

Jeremiah 4:23-27
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. (KJV)
Re: Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. by advocate666: 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2012
Joagbaje:
The missing link between verse 1 and 2 can be seen in other passages . Pls go through this article

http://www.frankcaw.com/PreAdamite-Creation.html

Good effort except Jeremiah and Isaiah were both talking of the future. Not the past. They were prophets and prophets prophesy. That is why there a a lot of "will" and "shall" in their statements.

This is another example of combing the bible to find passages to mask the stupidity of the writter of the book and the absolute lack of intelligence of those that follow it.

Even all his explanation cannot account for the existence of dinosaurs as per the bible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong / Is It Wrong For A Christian Lady To Dress Like This At The Beach? 18+ / THE GRASSHOPPER MENTALITY By Afolabi Jisola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.