Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? (19512 Views)

Indomie Compensates @Dikachim For Creating Fuel Queue And Indomie Tweet / The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? / Mobile Food Vendor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by Babaelemu: 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
ghettodreamz: You go fear some Naija food seller na. Some go don wash something put inside, some fit even don go collect some kain water cook sef...

I r'memba a story of one fat woman for Alapere that time, over 10 yrs ago nw. No even sabi d final gist of d tori sef, she fit don kpai sef unto say e don tay me fayabante frm Lasgidi.

E get some kain buka u go enta, if u see queue, and see men de throw plates and elbows, you go fear...

If dem like make dem put juju inside, no be all men juju de catch. I go too chop am sef and notin go hapun gringringrin

@OP; Me no really sabi d kain ansa to giv you, but prayer water sef de work and customer no go dry for ya buka. I b get one wuma, she be lyk mama for me, cuz she b momc fwend... Her restaurant is one of the best for area and corporate people de enter chop ewa ati bureedi, u go even lick d plate join sef, enuff workaz and gud kustoma safix.

You go surely kom again nxt time. gringringrin
Guy you mean IYA KAN for alapere. Forget that tory jor. Na big lie. People just won bring her down.

Guy na just nigerian mentality say people dey use juju for food. Until I travel na so I take know say naija get food die. We sabi cook die. Different dishes guy forget no place like home. Abinibi yato si ability and naija sabi good taste if your food sweet people go flock your door mouth.

Even aboki man wey dey make suya and indomie with egg self get customer die. If your food sweet people go queue.

If I enter naija this december before I reach house self I go first branch Iya ALHAJA joint eat bokoto, orisirisi, ifuku, eja kika, ifun, abodi, kidirin make I re gain my lost nutrition.
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by Toppiano(m): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
if u dey wia people dey hustle to buy food, fear go catch u.
Long queue is synonymous with cheap price, proximity and finally price.
Dat no mean say some no dey use juju sha...so u got to shine ur eyes shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by Youngzedd(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
Not all use juju, the affordability of the food also matters.

I have witness two women that cook with one kind thing they get from their woman hood [unmentionable].

Uwa ebuka.
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by tjskii(f): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
Abeggy leave matter,u wan tell me say na ordinary eye for bigmen wey bring jeep and exoensive cars,com dey rush wash plate for buka make dem for chop,puhhlese jazz dey,
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by sneak3(m): 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
Why are people quick to ascribe success to d use of juju ?? SMH
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by NessaFresh(f): 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
Could be juju..tho I wonder why some lame a.s.s african lady using voodoo to woo customers would still end up poor and die without acquiring private jets..of what use is the juju then?

1 Like

Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by segiwest(m): 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
Wht wuld u say of a woman selling akara & bread in my area, she uses a jeep, is it tht u r suggestin juju or she has oda line of income?
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by solomonkane(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
lorddannie: quality customer service, hygiene, price, hospitality and before i forget, after sales services(the ladies ask you to come for extra meat in the evening)

The bolded are a joke right?
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by InvertedHammer: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
I keep wondering too...if everything in Nigeria is ascribed to hardwork, proper marketing, etc.
Why and who is patronizing all these human parts harvesters we hear about everyday?

Those digging up corpses in the middle of the night for parts must be getting the parts for customers
...Who are these customers?

Are people jazzing up their food? You bet. Does it work? Who knows?
You need to talk to a prophet or babalawo to see the kinds of requests people approach them with.

Cave ne sedes
! cool cool cool
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by moscobabs(m): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2012
Etumgbe: iya idiba for agbele in abule egba
.watin do d woman ?abi she dey use juju?
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by Teejayphillip(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
Y ask or Y complain when u can simply cook ur meal @ home....

pple whu r buying aint complaining....
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by TableLeg(m): 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
Poster .

No dont be daft, everything is not about juju .. Infact, there is nothing like JUJU!
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by kalufelix(m): 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
salafiyy: NAIJA MENTALITY
who are yhu and where are yhu?
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
It's because Hunger is Real!
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by solomonkane(m): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
Nonsense!!!! As an experienced connoisseur of beautiful food from bukaterias, Mama Puts and other such joints, the "juju" myth is complete hogwash. Sure you hear stories but that is just what they are; stories. Truth is all Nigerians except the brainwashed fucktards (apologies to Sagamite) love eating local foods, there is something so incomprehensibly beautiful about it that you just can't explain. White House easily outsells all the fast food joints inside the E-Centre, Ghana High used to outsell Mr. Biggs, Yakoyo is still king of Ojodu Berger e.t.c. So whether its juju o, "kputu washing" or whatever, man must wack. E.O.D!!!
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by hardbody: 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Coldfeet: Late Iya Modinat of Obalende comes to mind! You will have to wash your own plate before they sell food for you!
You will queue up to buy the food!!
If it gets to your turn and you complain that the quantity is small? Be prepared to have your plate flung away!!! And NEXT!!! Boom in your ears!!! Don't be surprised to hear someone tell you 'Go beg am na?'...
This is not hearsay!! IT HAPPEND LIVE IN OBALENDE!!!!!!!!

Nothing under planet earth will make me wash or carry my plate to buy food that i am gonna pay. i will only carry plate if it is a cocktail kinda thing where every one gotta serve himself. The juju no fit catch me, anyways, the koro joints i visit respect the fact that i even come to them, so they give me all te attention even when i go and sit at one hidden corner. ordinarily, i have no business stopping by at those joints, so what d heck
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by yemstok(m): 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
luvmijeje: Is it true that one of the sign to know whether a food vendor is using juju in cooking her food is when u see a long queue.If nt what are the signs to look out for.

JUJU ko!
APALA ni!
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by pekelepekele(m): 5:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
Long queue is not JUJU but it becomes JUJU if you eat N1000 food and you are still asking for more . I know some food vendors no matter how much you eat within the next half an hour your stomach will be empty and your mouth will be watering calling for the same type of food that is how to know a JUJU food Vendor

1 Like

Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by plendil: 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
Dr. Wise:
The underlisted joints use water from dead bodies to cook:

1. Salado Unilag.
2. Amala joint, Akerele, Surulere
3. Amala Joint, Ikeja Police Brks
4. Mma okpo, 41 Murtala Mohammed road, off flower mills, Calabar
5. Fridges, Marian Road, Calabar
6. Saudi food, New garage- ifako
7. White house, yaba

Na where you get all these from?
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by harlos: 6:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
Juju ko,jeje ni
iya basira sure pass her stew sweet die nd no dey change for mouth grin
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by akigbemaru: 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
Na lie oooo, have you ever witnessed a long queue with Popeyes before? That may be for juju too. Nonsense!
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by kalufelix(m): 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
when students miss lectures,wash plates and argue oveq whose next to be served in one of ma skool joints then yhu gotta ask questions
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by kalufelix(m): 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
when students miss lectures,wash plates and argue oveq who's next to be served in one of ma skool joints then yhu gotta ask questions
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by plendil: 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
lets face it: you see some joints with gut-wrenching filth parading guys and babes dressed in 50k suits and laces shoving themselves in queues stretching miles just to eat amala with five to seven pieces of goat entrails.

I mean think about it!! Which kin sweet the food dey sweet?

that one na nothing but customized juju! cheesy
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by plendil: 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
kalufelix: when students miss lectures,wash plates and argue oveq who's next to be served in one of ma skool joints then yhu gotta ask questions

That of students may be understandable given the financial challenges that usually beset them.

what raises eyebrows is men/women that are reasonably well to do still struggling for such places.
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by DonaldGenes(m): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
Swit Ayi:
possibly juju.
I dey tell you
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by ubong560(m): 8:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
Wen u ova-eat so tay u no fit com settle d bill, den d restaurant operators com seize ur shoes say u must clear ur bill or no more shoes 4 u, den finally u com waka bare footed lik A BROTHER MEMBER com go bak ur huz, den juju follow inside. Wen u pay N300 transport 2 go eat N250 food, den juju dey inside. If u no fit eat 4 anoda restaurant oda dan a particular 1, den juju don wash ur brain b dat. Wen u remove ur cap frm head point say make dem put food 4 u because say plates don finish, den na water frm dead body dem tak cook am. Wen u de sleep 4 nite and u dey dream how day 4 soon break mak u go answer PRESENCE 4 dat joint, den them don jazz u b dat. Anyways. Anytin is possible in dis era. D list is endless bt i tink d best meal is d one u prepare ryt at ur home.

3 Likes

Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by plendil: 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
ubong560: Wen u ova-eat so tay u no fit com settle d bill, den d restaurant operators com seize ur shoes say u must clear ur bill or no more shoes 4 u, den finally u com waka bare footed lik A BROTHER MEMBER com go bak ur huz, den juju follow inside. Wen u pay N300 transport 2 go eat N250 food, den juju dey inside. If u no fit eat 4 anoda restaurant oda dan a particular 1, den juju don wash ur brain b dat. Wen u remove ur cap frm head point say make dem put food 4 u because say plates don finish, den na water frm dead body dem tak cook am. Wen u de sleep 4 nite and u dey dream how day 4 soon break mak u go answer PRESENCE 4 dat joint, den them don jazz u b dat. Anyways. Anytin is possible in dis era. D list is endless bt i tink d best meal is d one u prepare ryt at ur home.

grin grin grin grin grin

that one don reach madness!
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by konkocious(m): 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
Nawah 4 some pple o, them don jazz them sotay d jazz don turn blues.

Many of them no fit wash plate 4 dem house o, but Dem fit wash plate 4 iya wasiu buka...SMH

U Dey stay sango, Dey work 4 Ikeja, come go yaba go eat Amala...na JAZZ be dat

Ur wife cook Rice for house but na iya wasiu rice u go chop...long things for u o.

Some they wonder why Dem no make am? U no fit wash pata 4 ur wife but u Dey eat food wey Dem prepare with water wey Dem use wash pata...Ogun idile ni o (family curse)
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by awuf2008: 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
The topic make no sense, so moderator should pls remove it now
Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by totorimi: 6:13am On Dec 06, 2012
Its quite strange because most of these 'bukas' we are talking about are not so clean and decent. It makes me wonder how a man/woman will drive all the way from vi to ikeja just to eat amala. Sometimes the manner a supposedly decent educated man will queue in a not so hygienic environment with the sales girls heaping insult on them just to spend their own money to eat. I could remember standing in one of those queues and placing my order but i was ignored like i dont exist> i got angry and i left no body even tried to appeal to me nor ask what was the problem. I swore never to go back there again but surprisingly i found myself going back there later, Now i know that certainly cant be me.

Yes the food was tasty but hell no there are a million other food sellers who could sell better. Was it the girls no way they were damn too dirty and uncourth. Was it the location of course not it was extremely too far yet i didnt see anything wrong in the distance. Was it the service no way they lacked it doesnt exist there. Was it the size of the food well maybe but then.

Methinks there maybe something about some bukas that attract pple like swam of bees, and onething is unique about such bukas thay last for a very long time, ni retreat no surrender. Even when they go on holidays customers will be checking if they are back and the day they reopen bthe crowd is there as if they were waiting at the door.

Lord have mercy

3 Likes

Re: Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju? by Henards(m): 7:02am On Dec 06, 2012
[quote author=Whymee]Am not surprise, JUJU.

Mentality and illusion from Africa movies.

These are garbages they induced in our reasoning through films.

E still no mean say juju no dey shine your eyz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Remove And Wash Snails Perfectly / How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? / How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.