Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? (7679 Views)

Will PDP Senators Also Follow Saraki To Supreme Court? / Lagos West: APC, PDP Win In Strongholds - Vanguard / PDP Will Win Lagos Governorship Election – Mu’azu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by ayojango(m): 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2012
danjohn: I am not an Igbo man. I am a South Southerner. All I am saying is that Lagos is a melting pot and if ACN picked a non-indigene like Pat Utomi as their candidate, it will rebrand ACN to the rest of the South. It could also make Southeasterners less suspicious of ACN.

Nigeria needs to do away with the whole indigene/non-indigene crap. A person should be able to run for office in a place where they have established residence. Pat Utomi is a resident of Lagos, he is a well respected technocrat, and he will be a good person to continue the good work that Fashola has started.

Pat Utomi emerging as governor of Lagos will help ACN remove the regional perception the party currently has, and it will help the party make inroads into more states in the South and the North Central.

I know that this idea can make a person laugh the first time they read it but if you give it a second thought, it could start making sense cheesy.

He cannot b governor let him go n contest in his own state,is utomi d only brilliant professor,we have d osinbajos,oyebodes,kolawoles etc.

Was it not d same utomi that conceeded defeat and dropped frm a race even bfor election.

Sentiments r good@ times an IGBO man can never rule lagos
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by PeterKbaba: 12:20pm On Nov 28, 2012
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Desola(f): 12:46pm On Nov 28, 2012
kingsceemark: Yes by the grace of GOD. I can't wait 2 see PDP kick ACN and FASHOLA a*s out of power. We don't need criminals 2 rule us again in lagos state, lagos state belongs 2 all of us.

Actually, no, it doesn't belong to you.

It does however belong to me and people like me because I have ancestral rights which you will never have.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by mratom: 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
danjohn: I think ACN should field Pat Utomi for governor of Lagos. It will help rebrand the party and remove the stigma of it being a Yoruba party.
why don't you suggest usman muhammad
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by ochukoccna: 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2012
Compare 13 years of PDP @ the centre to 13 years of ACN @ the state,the answer you get settles the question.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Olaolufred(m): 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2012
kingingkinging: Why are PDP people always think like this. As much as I am not a party person, as a Lagosian, I really like Fashola and all his policies. Why I laugh at time at the way we reason is most times we want to eat our cake and have it. These are the questions for reasonable people to answer:

1. Do we want Lagos to remain a slum- Answer- No;
2. What can we do to make Lagos a good state or city- Answer- Things that good cities of the world have done that helped them develop;
3. Examples of those cities- Answer- Johannesbough- Dubai (UAE),Cape town, London, etc;
4. Do they have traffic laws that are as harsh as our own in Lagos?-Answer -Yes, even worse than our own including speed limit, etc;
5. Do they have okada there?-Answer- No.
6. Do we want Lagos to be like Dubai-Answer -Yes- Note that majority of the roads in Dubai are concessioned and for toll collection for maintenance.

My people, we need to understand the position of the gov, it is for our over all welfare.

Besides, ACN will always win in any gubernitorial election but local govt may be different because it is a grass root stuff.

GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Orikinla(m): 1:02pm On Nov 28, 2012
[size=18pt]THE PDP THAT CREATED BOKO HARAM.
THE PDP THAT RUINED THE ORGANIZED PRIVATE SECTOR.
THE PDP THAT STOLE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS THROUGH FUEL IMPORT SCAMS AND CRUDE OIL THEFTS.
THE PDP THAT CAUSED MORE AIR CRASHES SINCE THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA DUE TO BAD GOVERNMENT.
THE PDP THAT CAUSED MORE HORRORS IN NIGERIA THAN ANY OTHER GOVERNMENT IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA.

DO YOU WANT THE PDP TO WRECK LAGOS?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Dignitary: 1:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
The way some Igbos (and south south igbos ) talk at times make you wonder why they hate Yoruba's...

Achebe complained that Awolowo stopped Zik from becoming the Premier of Western Region...The new generation of Igbos have now rebranded, they want an Igbo governor !!!

Is this not sickening? This is one of the reasons Igbos are the most hated ethnic stock in Nigeria!!! They think they are the best...How can anyone say the idea of Pat Utomi being made the Lagos ACN candidate in 2015 is a good idea... Is it because he's a Prof or what does he have that no Yoruba man has? The truth is, there are up to 5 better men for every good Igbo man!!!

Give an Igbo man the opportunity to stay in ur village...u will be shocked that in few months, he will be scheming to become the king of that village! How on earth will such people be loved? Even in the UK, there is what is called 'country respect'...an English man that is staying in Wales will experience some difficulties in being accepted politically!!!

Let me say this, an Igbo man cannot be made the gubernatorial candidate of any major party in in 2015 or in the nearest future..For that to happen, a Yoruba man must have been governor of Enugu for 8 years!!! What is the population of Igbo's in Lagos if I may ask? Forget about the noise they make...if all Igbo's vote for a candidate,he can still not win!!!

On ACN and PDP, PDP cannot rule Lagos...it is an impossibility!!! Nairalanders just come here to post thrash...if u read most comments on Nairaland after Fashola cleared Oshodi and demolished many shops, most commentators concluded that Lagosians would vote him out...but what happened ? ACN defeated PDP ruthlessly.

How on earth can anybody in his right senses think Lagosians will vote for GEJ's party? We cannot hate to vote out GEJ and his PDP in 2015

2 Likes

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Dignitary: 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Ikwerefistson: 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
danjohn: I think ACN should field Pat Utomi for governor of Lagos. It will help rebrand the party and remove the stigma of it being a Yoruba party.
wat!u want awo ole 2 raise frm d dead.pls say d posible nt imposibilites pls
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
A lot of people are politically illiterate (politically unaware) hence the comments
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Ikwerefistson: 1:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
T9ksy:

Rebrand ko! reshaped ni!!

why are you ibos always lusting after other people's land?

I wonder why APGA don't field oyinlola as their nxt governorship candidate so that others wouldn't see their party as an okoro party?

Shoooor!!!
i suport u in ds bt wait o hw re u sure d guy is an ibo
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Ikwerefistson: 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
danjohn: I am not an Igbo man. I am a South Southerner. All I am saying is that Lagos is a melting pot and if ACN picked a non-indigene like Pat Utomi as their candidate, it will rebrand ACN to the rest of the South. It could also make Southeasterners less suspicious of ACN.

Nigeria needs to do away with the whole indigene/non-indigene crap. A person should be able to run for office in a place where they have established residence. Pat Utomi is a resident of Lagos, he is a well respected technocrat, and he will be a good person to continue the good work that Fashola has started.

Pat Utomi emerging as governor of Lagos will help ACN remove the regional perception the party currently has, and it will help the party make inroads into more states in the South and the North Central.

I know that this idea can make a person laugh the first time they read it but if you give it a second thought, it could start making sense cheesy.
my broda pls read ur history very wel.if pat utomi lyk mak hm buy one cow each 4 ds yorubas dm no go vote am.dy prefare exhuming d corpse of funsho wiliams as a dead gov dan our bros pat.all tnx 2d baby kiler awo who startd tribal politics in nija.u kan ask fela who is my dead witnes nd soyinka who is my living witnes.zik ws supose 2win d electn in d lagos asembly electn b4 awo cm al d way frm ibadan 2 poison dia mind dat zik is ibo dy should nt vote 4 hm nd it hapnd dat way nd he left 2d east wer eyo ita ws supose 2 win bt wit ziks late arival eyo ita ws gven d awo treatment by d ibos nd dats wer we nija deltans startd having problms wit our brodas d ibos,all tnx 2 hon,angel,saint,pope,awo ole
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Ikwerefistson: 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2012

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by BabaO2: 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2012
Dignitary: The way some Igbos (and south south igbos ) talk at times make you wonder why they hate Yoruba's...

Achebe complained that Awolowo stopped Zik from becoming the Premier of Western Region...The new generation of Igbos have now rebranded, they want an Igbo governor !!!

Is this not sickening? This is one of the reasons Igbos are the most hated ethnic stock in Nigeria!!! They think they are the best...How can anyone say the idea of Pat Utomi being made the Lagos ACN candidate in 2015 is a good idea... Is it because he's a Prof or what does he have that no Yoruba man has? The truth is, there are up to 5 better men for every good Igbo man!!!

Give an Igbo man the opportunity to stay in ur village...u will be shocked that in few months, he will be scheming to become the king of that village! How on earth will such people be loved? Even in the UK, there is what is called 'country respect'...an English man that is staying in Wales will experience some difficulties in being accepted politically!!!

Let me say this, an Igbo man cannot be made the gubernatorial candidate of any major party in in 2015 or in the nearest future..For that to happen, a Yoruba man must have been governor of Enugu for 8 years!!! What is the population of Igbo's in Lagos if I may ask? Forget about the noise they make...if all Igbo's vote for a candidate,he can still not win!!!

On ACN and PDP, PDP cannot rule Lagos...it is an impossibility!!! Nairalanders just come here to post thrash...if u read most comments on Nairaland after Fashola cleared Oshodi and demolished many shops, most commentators concluded that Lagosians would vote him out...but what happened ? ACN defeated PDP ruthlessly.

How on earth can anybody in his right senses think Lagosians will vote for GEJ's party? We cannot hate to vote out GEJ and his PDP in 2015

No matter what, servant no dey like master. Na oga mbo syndrome dey kill servants. Abeg leave dem, lion no dey fear monkey, if it dare crosses lion path na dinner.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by emmasege: 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2012
The way fashola and ACN have been behaving lately is a clear indication that ACN has outlived its time in Lagos State. PDP may not be a good party either but I think Lagos is too important in our national life to have been ruled by an opposition party since inception of this democracy in 1999. Isn't it time Lagos tried the ruling party also?. And as for other states in the s/west, ACN may as well forget about returning to power. Osun is for instance is groaning under this extremist of a governor. A state so poor that can not survive without the FG's support/collaboration and yet alienate itself from Abuja. Speaking the minds of most people in my state, i think ACN's days are numbered in Osogbo. Can't wait to send this Lagos boy out of our land!
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Ikwerefistson: 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
Paul John:

Why must every expectation of such be from the Yorubas? Must Yorubas always take the lead?!
Why not show love by electing a Northerner as your governor

Other regions have parties that are theirs, it will be great if they can choose a Yoruba man to rule them. May be we can change our mind when Ayo Fayoshe and Alao Akala are in charge of Rivers and Akwa Ibom respectively.

dat is wer d problm is.wen we tok isues lyk ds u yorubas wil imagne anti clockwise.no body said oyo,ogun or ekiti bt lagos.lagos was once a capital nd yorubas kan nt lay total cliam 2 lag if so wat is a yoruba man doing fcda in abuja as one of d directors.so a cosmopolitan state lyk lagos in d real sense shuld nt be governd by a tribe alone
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by ignis: 1:50pm On Nov 28, 2012
alaoeri: If and only if another party 'll displace PDP from presidency. undecided
Do u think that's possible?
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Ikwerefistson: 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
Paul John:

Why must every expectation of such be from the Yorubas? Must Yorubas always take the lead?!

Other regions have parties that are theirs, it will be great if they can choose a Yoruba man to rule them. May be we can change our mind when Ayo Fayoshe and Alao Akala are in charge of Rivers and Akwa Ibom respectively.

dat is wer d problm is.wen we tok isues lyk ds u yorubas wil imagne anti clockwise.no body said oyo,ogun or ekiti bt lagos.lagos was once a capital nd yorubas kan nt lay total cliam 2 lag if so wat is a yoruba man doing fcda in abuja as one of d directors.so a cosmopolitan state lyk lagos in d real sense shuld nt be governd by a tribe alone
Baba_O:
No matter what, servant no dey like master. Na oga mbo syndrome dey kill servants. Abeg leave dem, lion no dey fear monkey, if it dare crosses lion path na dinner.
Paul John:

dat is wer d problm is.wen we tok isues lyk ds u yorubas wil imagne anti clockwise.no body said oyo,ogun or ekiti bt lagos.lagos was once a capital nd yorubas kan nt lay total cliam 2 lag if so wat is a yoruba man doing fcda in abuja as one of d directors.so a cosmopolitan state lyk lagos in d real sense shuld nt be governd by a tribe alone let me tel u b4 prof wrote hs book we all knew dat awo ws a bigot nd d bigotery role he playd aganst zik in lagos asembly electns in d 50s.nd 4u 2 say hw many re ibos in lagos shows dat ure a baby i shoudnt be joing isues wit u.gve ur fada d laptop lets debate.ogwolo
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by bluestreak(m): 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
Paul John:

..hahahaha...lol..guy u no go kill person..make dem con support am with Gbenga daniel for Cross Rivers
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by illiest(m): 2:07pm On Nov 28, 2012

Funny lol you dont know yorubas are the greatest tribalist in nigeria . they wont even give it to a yoruba from ondo talk less of Pat utomi.

But i wish people like him and ben bruce could contest for lagos cos lagos should be like Newyork and not reamin backward.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by dayokanu(m): 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
illiest:

Funny lol you dont know yorubas are the greatest tribalist in nigeria . they wont even give it to a yoruba from ondo talk less of Pat utomi.

But i wish people like him and ben bruce could contest for lagos cos lagos should be like Newyork and not reamin backward.

Carry Pat Utomi or Ben Bruce to your state to be Governor or you no wan make your own state be like New York?

1 Like

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Guk: 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
bigass: Generally it is like Lagosians are tired of this Fashola/ACN set up. Judging from the general mood of Lagosians concerning many of the actions of this administration from Lekki Ajah toll gate to Okada ban to flood issue and excessive taxes Recent traffic law. One can begin to think Lagosians will vote out ACN come 2015 and vote in PDP. Are Lagosians really tired of ACN? And prefer PDP? Will PDP be any better?

@poster, any sensible person wld do one thing 1st i.e Check the track record of majority of PDP govs both present and past & realise PDP is bad for Lagos. PDP will take Lagos back to mediocrity.

Lekki Ajah Toll gate is not likely to be better handled by a PDP govt even though we are not happy with its running.

Flood issue: Its is sad that people cannot make objective comparison. Last year 2011, flood dealt wt Lagos in different ways i.e the avoidable and the unavoidable. The avoidable were the ones that destroyed inner city areas like Bariga & a lot of other places. The Unavoidable for which Lagos state govt is powerless is the release of water from Oyam dam which destroyed houses on the way to Ikorodu town but mind you, those houses were never given permit to be built there. Lets now compare with 2 the 2012 heavy rains which resulted in minimal flooding, WHY?? becos the drains had been cleared and obstructions pulled down, then compare that with other states where NEMA wrote letters to the Govs directly and put full paid adverts in paper but the govs did nothing.

Only a mad man will allow uncontrolled industry like Okada to continue. If you sight the year on year records of patients at Igbobi Orthopedic from Okada accidents, you will need to be insane to allow it to continue. It is also only a mad man that will allow a mad man to carry him on Okada on Ikorodu Road; 3rd Mainland Bridge; Apapa Oshodi expressway etc.

Those traffic laws exist in every part of the world but its the fines and punishments like impounding cars that appear heavy handed coupled wt law enforement misusing them.

Taxes, unfortunately, u cannot avoid them. just because some governors turn a blind eye to taxes doesnt mean Lagos is doing wrong.

Be aware that its only Lagos sate & i think Sokoto state amongst the whole 36 states that do not need to collect Federal allocation to exist.

Do you also know that Lagos state is the only state that renders published accounts annually.

Do you know that Lagos state gov renders account every 100 days at different parts of lagos?

Do you know that projects in Lagos are bringing long term prosperity to everybody whatever tribe you are?? e.g, are not Igbos benefitting from 1000% land appreciation along Badagry expressway becos of railway line project?

Have Landlords along that corridor not experienced appreciation in value just becos Lagos govt opened up that area.

Business activity has quadupled in Ajah in the last one year becos the place has been opened up.

@Poster, u are looking at this at microscopic level, discerning people look at things at Strategic level.

Have you ever asked yourself why international brands are opening mostly in lagos only for food; hospitality and entertainment even though you say govt is killing them with taxes?? why are they not in non tax paying states One simple answer, the economy is not stimulated there. lagos economy is bubling. PDP will just suck it dry

3 Likes

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by sonyoung: 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
na only politics and election rigging PDP knw, na there manifesto be thta
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by DVanguard: 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2012
Ikwere fist son: dat is wer d problm is.wen we tok isues lyk ds u yorubas wil imagne anti clockwise.no body said oyo,ogun or ekiti bt lagos.lagos was once a capital nd yorubas kan nt lay total cliam 2 lag if so wat is a yoruba man doing fcda in abuja as one of d directors.so a cosmopolitan state lyk lagos in d real sense shuld nt be governd by a tribe alone dat is wer d problm is.wen we tok isues lyk ds u yorubas wil imagne anti clockwise.no body said oyo,ogun or ekiti bt lagos.lagos was once a capital nd yorubas kan nt lay total cliam 2 lag if so wat is a yoruba man doing fcda in abuja as one of d directors.so a cosmopolitan state lyk lagos in d real sense shuld nt be governd by a tribe alone let me tel u b4 prof wrote hs book we all knew dat awo ws a bigot nd d bigotery role he playd aganst zik in lagos asembly electns in d 50s.nd 4u 2 say hw many re ibos in lagos shows dat ure a baby i shoudnt be joing isues wit u.gve ur fada d laptop lets debate.ogwolo

Lagos State was created on May 27, 1967 by virtue of State (Creation and Transitional Provisions) Decree No. 14 of 1967, which restructured Nigeria’s Federation into 12 states. Prior to this, Lagos Municipality had been administered by the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Lagos Affairs as the regional authority, while the Lagos City Council (LCC) governed the City of Lagos. Equally, the metropolitan areas (Colony Province) of Ikeja, Agege, Mushin, Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry were administered by the Western Region. The State took off as an administrative entity on April 11, 1968 with Lagos Island serving the dual role of being the State and Federal Capital. However, with the creation of the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja in 1976, Lagos Island ceased to be the capital of the State which was moved to Ikeja. Equally, with the formal relocation of the seat of the Federal Government to Abuja on 12 December 1991, Lagos Island ceased to be Nigeria’s political capital. Nevertheless, Lagos remains the center of commerce for the country.
It unfortunate that we hv people who try to rewrite history. It was just a fraction of lagos state that was controled by the FG. Western region built lots and where taken over by the FG.

1 Like

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by earthgreeners(m): 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
Guk:

@poster, any sensible person wld do one thing 1st i.e Check the track record of majority of PDP govs both present and past & realise PDP is bad for Lagos. PDP will take Lagos back to mediocrity.

Lekki Ajah Toll gate is not likely to be better handled by a PDP govt even though we are not happy with its running.

Flood issue: Its is sad that people cannot make objective comparison. Last year 2011, flood dealt wt Lagos in different ways i.e the avoidable and the unavoidable. The avoidable were the ones that destroyed inner city areas like Bariga & a lot of other places. The Unavoidable for which Lagos state govt is powerless is the release of water from Oyam dam which destroyed houses on the way to Ikorodu town but mind you, those houses were never given permit to be built there. Lets now compare with 2 the 2012 heavy rains which resulted in minimal flooding, WHY?? becos the drains had been cleared and obstructions pulled down, then compare that with other states where NEMA wrote letters to the Govs directly and put full paid adverts in paper but the govs did nothing.

Only a mad man will allow uncontrolled industry like Okada to continue. If you sight the year on year records of patients at Igbobi Orthopedic from Okada accidents, you will need to be insane to allow it to continue. It is also only a mad man that will allow a mad man to carry him on Okada on Ikorodu Road; 3rd Mainland Bridge; Apapa Oshodi expressway etc.

Those traffic laws exist in every part of the world but its the fines and punishments like impounding cars that appear heavy handed coupled wt law enforement misusing them.

Taxes, unfortunately, u cannot avoid them. just because some governors turn a blind eye to taxes doesnt mean Lagos is doing wrong.

Be aware that its only Lagos sate & i think Sokoto state amongst the whole 36 states that do not need to collect Federal allocation to exist.

Do you also know that Lagos state is the only state that renders published accounts annually.

Do you know that Lagos state gov renders account every 100 days at different parts of lagos?

Do you know that projects in Lagos are bringing long term prosperity to everybody whatever tribe you are?? e.g, are not Igbos benefitting from 1000% land appreciation along Badagry expressway becos of railway line project?

Have Landlords along that corridor not experienced appreciation in value just becos Lagos govt opened up that area.

Business activity has quadupled in Ajah in the last one year becos the place has been opened up.

@Poster, u are looking at this at microscopic level, discerning people look at things at Strategic level.

Have you ever asked yourself why international brands are opening mostly in lagos only for food; hospitality and entertainment even though you say govt is killing them with taxes?? why are they not in non tax paying states One simple answer, the economy is not stimulated there. lagos economy is bubling. PDP will just suck it dry

1,000,000 likes

2 Likes

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
Y dont u cede a Kayode for Rivers state governor? Lagos luk lyk an Ndigbo state?
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
Y dont u cede a Kayode for Rivers state governor? Lagos luk lyk an Ndigbo state? Go pee jor
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
chipmunkey: The way Fashola is Going, PDP stands a chance come 2015.
Oponu mani bobo yike!
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by deolumike(m): 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
Lagos State was created on May 27, 1967 by virtue of State (Creation and Transitional Provisions) Decree No. 14 of 1967, which restructured Nigeria’s Federation into 12 states. Prior to this, Lagos Municipality had been administered by the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Lagos Affairs as the regional authority, while the Lagos City Council (LCC) governed the City of Lagos. Equally, the metropolitan areas (Colony Province) of Ikeja, Agege, Mushin, Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry were administered by the Western Region. The State took off as an administrative entity on April 11, 1968 with Lagos Island serving the dual role of being the State and Federal Capital. However, with the creation of the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja in 1976, Lagos Island ceased to be the capital of the State which was moved to Ikeja. Equally, with the formal relocation of the seat of the Federal Government to Abuja on 12 December 1991, Lagos Island ceased to be Nigeria’s political capital. Nevertheless, Lagos remains the center of commerce for the country.
It unfortunate that we hv people who try to rewrite history. It was just a fraction of lagos state that was controled by the FG. Western region built lots and where taken over by the FG. D'Vanguard God bless you. grin
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by 7lives: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
PDP will not win any state in southwest come 2015, people in south west knows their friends and enemies, the devil we know is better than an angel that's just passing.
Have people ever ponder as to why PDP lost woefully in southwest in the last election?.
People are no longer interested in promises, they are more interested in what is on ground, seeing is believing.
ACN WILL TEACH PDP SOME HARD POLITICAL LESSONS COME 2015, DON'T ASK ME HOW.
People around here don't see PDP as a political party, people see them as A DISASTER THAT MUST BE AVOIDED.

1 Like

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by 7lives: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
PDP will not win any state in southwest come 2015, people in south west knows their friends and enemies, the devil we know is better than an angel that's just passing.
Have people ever ponder as to why PDP lost woefully in southwest in the last election?.
People are no longer interested in promises, they are more interested in what is on ground, seeing is believing.
ACN WILL TEACH PDP SOME HARD POLITICAL LESSONS COME 2015,DON'T ASK ME HOW.
People around here don't see PDP as a political party, people see them as A DISASTER THAT MUST BE AVOIDED.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano / Senator Godswill Akpabio Celebrates His Uncommon & Sweet Victory [Video &Photos] / Who Has Seen This?Herd Of Carmels Seen In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.