Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,050 members, 7,828,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? (7694 Views)

Will PDP Senators Also Follow Saraki To Supreme Court? / Lagos West: APC, PDP Win In Strongholds - Vanguard / PDP Will Win Lagos Governorship Election – Mu’azu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by kulikuli26: 10:19am On Nov 28, 2012
Larrey: PDP can neva win in lagos but i dnt knw abt oda yoruba states
Impossibility is NOTHING!!!
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by tew: 10:20am On Nov 28, 2012
sintirin: not only Lagos state will they win but all d south west.Tired of this ACN
tired of ACN means you are tired of growth.i don't know our problem,you want PDP to return lagos to scrap.think and edit ur status
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by TableLeg(m): 10:24am On Nov 28, 2012
danjohn: I think ACN should field Pat Utomi for governor of Lagos. It will help rebrand the party and remove the stigma of it being a Yoruba party.
Daft!

1 Like

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by banki(m): 10:25am On Nov 28, 2012
PEOPLE MAKE ME LAUGH, Fashola remains a good and a great leader people like us that visit lagos once in a while wish he was here in the center,

So from the reasons the op gave we lagosians should vote pdp to return okada to the streets of lagos.......we should vote pdp not to construct the roads and re award and award road contracts like the are doing with the lagos ibadan exxpressway?

I dont understand how people reason but i must say that i dont think any sane person should cast thier vote in favor of any pdp candidate at any level, they have been given an opportutunity for 13 years at the center and they keep puulling nigeria backward.

ogun osun oyo edo nassarawa imo ondo and anambara are better off than when pdp was in power in those states the governors there currently may not be perfect but the people can see the change, like i have said on this forum severally i can imagine GEJ as governor of lagos?

1 Like

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by kulikuli26: 10:27am On Nov 28, 2012
earthgreeners: @OP, u must be a Dreamer

PDP can never win an assembly seat not to talk abt d governorship seat....

What Lagosians are tire of, is the clueless PDP guy called GEJ.....

ACN wld surely show u dey are a household name in Lagos come 2015....

ACN wld win Lagos over and over
Here we go again emotion beclouding logical reasoning, even ordinary local govt election u had to cheat ur way through, doesnt dat tel u that ur party popularity is wading off and ur policies isnt helping u at all so how on earth do u intend to clear all seats in next election?wake up man ur party is gradually losing it!!!
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by sparko1(m): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2012
It is sometimes comforting that most of the people commenting don't live in Lagos and most just use rumors as their basis for evaluation.

even if PDP is sharing 50,000,000 naira per vote they will never win lagos, as seen in the last election, the people will just collect your money and vote the right party and buttom line PDP lose.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by lekanwj(m): 10:35am On Nov 28, 2012
Yes they will. Only if Lagosians are stupid enough to trust them
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:36am On Nov 28, 2012
PDP will LOSE LAGOS in 2015 not because ACN is doing anything to stop them... PDP on a national level is not interested in Lagos.. Majority of PDP Chieftains reside in Lagos and I mean the loaded ones with billions of Naira. they can easily band-up and put Tinubu in a corner but they do not do that. They do not even fight for their fellow PDP politicians who have braved the odds to Contest and earn an electoral Victory against ACN at the courts i.e Ibrahim Babajide Obanikori. they are very docile, selfish and greedy PDP Politicians in Lagos. Florence ITA Giwa sits comfy in her N100+ million mansion in Banana Island, Bode Olajumoke, Capt. Shelle, etc are not doing anything progressive for their party in Lagos State. how can they win when they have already accepted defeat. ACN will win not because people are happy to vote, but because PDP is not interested
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by princemaicheal: 10:38am On Nov 28, 2012
T9ksy:

Rebrand ko! reshaped ni!!

why are you ibos always lusting after other people's land?

I wonder why APGA don't field oyinlola as their nxt governorship candidate so that others wouldn't see their party as an okoro party?

Shoooor!!!
.if he resides in the east and pay his tax there,why not?We should move away from sentiments and nepotism and look at people more from what they can offer.Afterall,is he not a human and competent enough to occupy such possition
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Hailedin9ja: 10:40am On Nov 28, 2012
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than PDP to win Lagos. I seriously mean that.

1 Like

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by gregg2: 10:46am On Nov 28, 2012
Any good candidate should win irrespective of the Political Party.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by BabaO2: 10:51am On Nov 28, 2012
kulikuli26: Impossibility is NOTHING!!!
You are still dreaming Otedola era abi...?
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by floriana(m): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2012
danjohn: I am not an Igbo man. I am a South Southerner. All I am saying is that Lagos is a melting pot and if ACN picked a non-indigene like Pat Utomi as their candidate, it will rebrand ACN to the rest of the South. It could also make Southeasterners less suspicious of ACN.

Nigeria needs to do away with the whole indigene/non-indigene crap. A person should be able to run for office in a place where they have established residence. Pat Utomi is a resident of Lagos, he is a well respected technocrat, and he will be a good person to continue the good work that Fashola has started.

Pat Utomi emerging as governor of Lagos will help ACN remove the regional perception the party currently has, and it will help the party make inroads into more states in the South and the North Central.

I know that this idea can make a person laugh the first time they read it but if you give it a second thought, it could start making sense cheesy.
there's a rule that when an idea is stuupid, you don't repeat it twice. Pls quit trying.

1 Like

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by kingsceemark(m): 10:54am On Nov 28, 2012
bigass: Generally it is like Lagosians are tired of this Fashola/ACN set up. Judging from the general mood of Lagosians concerning many of the actions of this administration from Lekki Ajah toll gate to Okada ban to flood issue and excessive taxes Recent traffic law. One can begin to think Lagosians will vote out ACN come 2015 and vote in PDP. Are Lagosians really tired of ACN? And prefer PDP? Will PDP be any better?
Yes by the grace of GOD. I can't wait 2 see PDP kick ACN and FASHOLA a*s out of power. We don't need criminals 2 rule us again in lagos state, lagos state belongs 2 all of us.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Afolabs101: 10:58am On Nov 28, 2012
It depends on which candidates each party fields. PDP will win Lagos in 2015 IF Tinubu tries to impose a weak candidate, such as his wife, Senator Remi Tinubu on the party and PDP field a strong candidate. Imagine Senator Remi Tinubu of ACN vs Olusegun Aganga of PDP for example.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by ajasa4link: 11:00am On Nov 28, 2012
Sincerely,i will like to see fashola and acn booted out of lagos,based on d fact that his 2nd term has been nothing to write home about,just tales of draconian laws and running an anti-masses government that is pro-elitist. But the truth is,pdp is not a better alternative based on their performances in other states from 1999 to this period.... I think the only option people should choose is if a group of progressives could form a new party with young bloods who are passionate and ready to serve the people and not hand down laws that will discomfort the masses

1 Like

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Theben(m): 11:09am On Nov 28, 2012
chipmunkey: The way Fashola is Going, PDP stands a chance come 2015.

Not when Tinubu is still alive. Oba awon riggers. You think our votes count? We don't practise democracy in naija. Our leaders are selected by some powerful sets of individuals. Nor vex
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Dee60: 11:11am On Nov 28, 2012
danjohn: I think ACN should field Pat Utomi for governor of Lagos. It will help rebrand the party and remove the stigma of it being a Yoruba party.

Just like fielding Segun Agbaje in Abia state.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Afam4eva(m): 11:12am On Nov 28, 2012
ajasa4link: Sincerely,i will like to see fashola and acn booted out of lagos,based on d fact that his 2nd term has been nothing to write home about,just tales of draconian laws and running an anti-masses government that is pro-elitist. But the truth is,pdp is not a better alternative based on their performances in other states from 1999 to this period.... I think the only option people should choose is if a group of progressives could form a new party with young bloods who are passionate and ready to serve the people and not hand down laws that will discomfort the masses
When you're rating PDP pls use the SW as a case study. The PDP government in the SW is a shame. At least we've had some decent PDP governors in other states.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by FindOut(m): 11:16am On Nov 28, 2012
those of you saying ''impossible'' dont seem to take cognizance of the fact that in the last LG elections in Lagos, PDP WON ASIWAJU TINUBU's LOCAL GOVERNMENT. This much has been confirmed by the tribunal. The people voted PDP not because they like the party, but because they HATED the useless candidate Tinubu FOISTED on them & they are getting fed up with Tinubu's unphantomable greed & lust for power. I forsee the same scenario repeating itself in 2011.

If ACN wants to lose 2015, then Tinuby should just anoint a useless person to take over from Fashola. & seriously, most of the top guns in the ACN are pretty much useless. From the senators to the house of reps members. Even Fashola seems better than they are.

& if in addition to losing, Tinubu also wishes to have a heart attack, he should just attempt, (note: ATTEMPT) to use his wife to replace Fashola.......which is the grand plan anyway. If not now, then 2019...if he's still alive. Either one, he & she will lose.

If PDP has any sense (& they are seriously lacking in that department), they should go and look for a sensible articulate intelligent fresh untainted dude to be their flagbearer & not bring the old corrupt warhorses in. No matter the party in power, its the PERSON that'll determine if the lives of Lagosians will be better or not.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Dee60: 11:19am On Nov 28, 2012
Lagos says NO to all of them, ACN and Tinubu, particularly. Any good candidate from any other party with do.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by dad007(m): 11:20am On Nov 28, 2012
danjohn: I am not an Igbo man. I am a South Southerner. All I am saying is that Lagos is a melting pot and if ACN picked a non-indigene like Pat Utomi as their candidate, it will rebrand ACN to the rest of the South. It could also make Southeasterners less suspicious of ACN.

Nigeria needs to do away with the whole indigene/non-indigene crap. A person should be able to run for office in a place where they have established residence. Pat Utomi is a resident of Lagos, he is a well respected technocrat, and he will be a good person to continue the good work that Fashola has started.

Pat Utomi emerging as governor of Lagos will help ACN remove the regional perception the party currently has, and it will help the party make inroads into more states in the South and the North Central.

I know that this idea can make a person laugh the first time they read it but if you give it a second thought, it could start making sense cheesy.
YOU ARE RIGHT

1 Like

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by kingingkinging: 11:27am On Nov 28, 2012
Why are PDP people always think like this. As much as I am not a party person, as a Lagosian, I really like Fashola and all his policies. Why I laugh at time at the way we reason is most times we want to eat our cake and have it. These are the questions for reasonable people to answer:

1. Do we want Lagos to remain a slum- Answer- No;
2. What can we do to make Lagos a good state or city- Answer- Things that good cities of the world have done that helped them develop;
3. Examples of those cities- Answer- Johannesbough- Dubai (UAE),Cape town, London, etc;
4. Do they have traffic laws that are as harsh as our own in Lagos?-Answer -Yes, even worse than our own including speed limit, etc;
5. Do they have okada there?-Answer- No.
6. Do we want Lagos to be like Dubai-Answer -Yes- Note that majority of the roads in Dubai are concessioned and for toll collection for maintenance.

My people, we need to understand the position of the gov, it is for our over all welfare.

Besides, ACN will always win in any gubernitorial election but local govt may be different because it is a grass root stuff.

5 Likes

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by earthgreeners(m): 11:32am On Nov 28, 2012
I repeat PDP can never win in Lagos......

The topic should be will PDP win the presidential seat in 2015?
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Dee60: 11:34am On Nov 28, 2012
kingingkinging: Why are PDP people always think like this. As much as I am not a party person, as a Lagosian, I really like Fashola and all his policies. Why I laugh at time at the way we reason is most times we want to eat our cake and have it. These are the questions for reasonable people to answer:

1. Do we want Lagos to remain a slum- Answer- No;
2. What can we do to make Lagos a good state or city- Answer- Things that good cities of the world have done that helped them develop;
3. Examples of those cities- Answer- Johannesbough- Dubai (UAE),Cape town, London, etc;
4. Do they have traffic laws that are as harsh as our own in Lagos?-Answer -Yes, even worse than our own including speed limit, etc;
5. Do they have okada there?-Answer- No.
6. Do we want Lagos to be like Dubai-Answer -Yes- Note that majority of the roads in Dubai are concessioned and for toll collection for maintenance.

My people, we need to understand the position of the gov, it is for our over all welfare.

Besides, ACN will always win in any gubernitorial election but local govt may be different because it is a grass root stuff.

I think you are missing something. All these are good and Lagos wants development but you dont have to be draconian!
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by T9ksy(m): 11:36am On Nov 28, 2012
princemaicheal: .if he resides in the east and pay his tax there,why not?We should move away from sentiments and nepotism and look at people more from what they can offer.Afterall,is he not a human and competent enough to occupy such possition

Nice try bro but charity they say, begins at home. Whatever Pat Utomi, in your opinion has to offer Lagosians , let him go and deliver it to his own people. Of course, i don't doubt Utomi's competence to govern Lagos but fortunately the locals too have competent individuals who can perform as good if not better.

Last time, you all cried how the yorubas would not let Zik govern them but can you or anyone else in your corner show me what Zik did for his people that Awo didn't do ten times as much for his?

2 Likes

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by stupor(m): 11:39am On Nov 28, 2012
Lai lai.

Not even Nationwide.

I don't think anyone would vote PDP with all the flaws associated with GEJ's Admin.
No right thinking Nigerian would want to try that.

PDP have been tested twice and they failed Nigerians woefully.

Is it the Boko Haram,Jan's Fuel Subsidy,Scams and loots,Massive unemployment and lay-Offs.

Nah ! A.C.N and CPC Merger would make little sense.

PDP ? Nah !
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Denn(m): 11:41am On Nov 28, 2012
lets review on logical points only. emotional, tribalistic, political affiliations are on hold ceteris paribus.

ACN is currently and evidently under the reign of Tinubu. this is the common man's perception and its a negative attribute.

ACN lost in ondo state mainly because people saw the candidate as a stooge. the party's image was dented further with Tinubu's statements on funding mimiko with millions of pounds....this did not help at all.

The recent LGA election in Tinubu's own LGA is a clear example of the pattern to expect in 2015.

Fashola's policy whilst favouring the elite in delivery of a cosmopolitan lagos DOES NOT favour the lower income earners. The bulk of the elites and middle class in Nigeria's polity do not vote on election days. they sit back and watch events from their 42 inch LCD screens and munch fried chicken. the premium youths will be on twitter and facebook and Nairaland debating away.....its always the okada men and NURTW guys, the teachers, civil servants and the other bunch that vote en masse.....and they are really pissed with Fashola at the moment.....any alternative will be on point.

ACN will have to fight hard to win even marginally this time around

1 Like

Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 28, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: PDP will LOSE LAGOS in 2015 not because ACN is doing anything to stop them... PDP on a national level is not interested in Lagos.. Majority of PDP Chieftains reside in Lagos and I mean the loaded ones with billions of Naira. they can easily band-up and put Tinubu in a corner but they do not do that. They do not even fight for their fellow PDP politicians who have braved the odds to Contest and earn an electoral Victory against ACN at the courts i.e Ibrahim Babajide Obanikori. they are very docile, selfish and greedy PDP Politicians in Lagos. Florence ITA Giwa sits comfy in her N100+ million mansion in Banana Island, Bode Olajumoke, Capt. Shelle, etc are not doing anything progressive for their party in Lagos State. how can they win when they have already accepted defeat. ACN will win not because people are happy to vote, but because PDP is not interested
Only person that made sense to me so far..
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by Olaolufred(m): 11:48am On Nov 28, 2012
kulikuli26: Here we go again emotion beclouding logical reasoning, even ordinary local govt election u had to cheat ur way through, doesnt dat tel u that ur party popularity is wading off and ur policies isnt helping u at all so how on earth do u intend to clear all seats in next election?wake up man ur party is gradually losing it!!!

ACN is not loosing anything.
Nigerians talk change, but kicks against positive changes.
Lagos has changed dramatically.
We may not be where we want to be, but sure We are far above the days of military Lagos and even Tinubu days.
The beauty of Democracy is competition.
PDP having two LGA is not a threat. It is even not democratic to have a one-party sweep.
Policies in Lagos is meant to make life better, and all positive policies will affect some who believed in the retrogressive status quo.
For now, PDP has no place in Lagos.
Remember to still stand by this opinion after PDP's failure in Lagos 2015.
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by dridowu: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2012
Have baked ACN is far better dan fully bake PDP in lagos
Re: Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? by PeterKbaba: 12:13pm On Nov 28, 2012
afam4eva:
It's not a matter of PDP being bad. If ACN cannot give the people what they want, they're definitely going to look for alternatives. HUman beings are emotional by nature and they can even give PDP another try.

WHY DONT YOU HAVE THIS THOUGHT WITH YOUR PDP PRESIDENT, WHO AS BEEN RULLING THIS COUNTRY FOR OVER 50 YEARS WITHOUT A SINGLE RESULT. NO ROAD, WATER, FOOD, LIGHT, JOB WITH ALL THE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS MADE FROM OIL REVENUE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Navy Parades Four Pirates In Lagos / Buhari: State Of Nigeria's Education Worrisome, Calls For Serious Concern / Lauretta Onochie And The Questions Of Election Integrity By Oke Umurhohwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.