Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,499 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:31 PM

Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants (10785 Views)

The Real Reason Why Fg Sack Heads Of Nta, Frcn, Nbc,von, Nan,nbc And Noa / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Donaeo: 8:47am On Nov 28, 2012
Dis sanusi must be a drunkard
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by phemieojelabi: 8:48am On Nov 28, 2012
@ tyms i wonda ao a whole top executive officer like d CBN Gov will just wake-up n think his kind of opinion or decision shud be strictly adhered 2.May be d "BRILIIANT SLOWPOKE" 4got he's among the CIVIL SERVANT.imagine his advise 2 d FG>
The CBN governor advised the Federal Government TO STOP investments on infrastructure that could be handed over to the private sector to run so that it (FG) can concentrate on building of schools, health centres and the provision of other social services.
May be his private COY'S kud take kia of BASIC INFRASTRUCTURAL FACILITIES this whole country NEED! This days i just grin @ some of his Action n Decision. CBN Gov keep it up
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 28, 2012
Why is it difficult to comprehend what Sanusi has said? The reasons are clear enough. Nigeria
embarked on privatisation to enhance efficient allocation of resources. All we need is a lean and efficient civil service. If civil servants are taking about 70% now,how much will their PENSION take 10yrs from now? A private sector led economy is the only sustainable economic system in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by trix1: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2012
Lets take a moment to really think about it, walk into any govt agency, you'd find lots of redundant workers, all those 'typist' and 'messengers'.. etc

sometimes you have to tip them to do their jobs, many civil servants even have other businesses outside, and do not take their jobs seriously. I've even heard people say they want civil service jobs cos they'd have time for themselves.

While sacking a whooping 50% may look like an overkill, I think a total revamping of the civil service would be in order. the corruption and redundancy is so much.
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by chilman(m): 8:50am On Nov 28, 2012
hmm what a pity. We are complainin dat people doesn't av job and some are sayin the fG should sack 50% of d working force, in dat case high rate of crime shuld be also expected to b the order of the day. Salusi abi wetin u cal urself sack urself at list to show us example of ur concern on progres of d country
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by gulfer: 8:52am On Nov 28, 2012
All high earning political appointees should be the first sacked, then civil servant especially those looters; i think level 12 up, etc.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by 1800bc(f): 8:54am On Nov 28, 2012
What is this man still doing with our money in CBN? he should be demoted!
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by preciousoz: 8:59am On Nov 28, 2012
Sanusi let me advise You

Close down the House of Reps...

Sack all ministers and work with the permanent secretaries...

Sanusi, U will loose your Job also as CBN will be merged with S.E.C

Merge all the irrelevant states back to their parent state as they are just avenues for godfathers and thieves to enrich themselves.

When u take these steps above, U dnt need to lay off 50% as there will be enuf money to go round. By the way, which work U prepare for the People wey U want make dem sack ? Remember over 70% of Nigerians are unemployed.

Take your time !!!!
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by OjujuCalabar(m): 9:04am On Nov 28, 2012
delors: Let us cost-benefit analyse Sacking 50%
-The civil service is bulky and so inefficient, so sacking would make sense, but 50%? (how did he arrive at that percentage?)
-Nigeria doesnt need a bogus, lazy, inefficient civil service to run its affairs, services should be out-sourced (public-private partnership)
(But)
-Sacking 50% would mean increase in the number of unemployment by a staggering 25%...an all time high in the history of any human scoiety
-Sacking 50% without a justifiable reason could warrant legal tussle...the last thing the fed govt wants right now
-Sacking 50% would definitely increase scoial vices in the community - unless you have an alternative jobs for the sacked 50%
-There is no guarantee that the freed up capital would be judiciously used (point of reference, the subsidy money)
(Alternatives)
-Reduce the number of civil servants but not by 50% (dat's too wayward)...remove the ghosts workers and the extremely underperforming ones.
-Rather than reducing the civil service by 50%, reduce their salaries (by 50%) and allowances (by 75%) especially the legislative, executive n judiciary guys.

Good talk cool cool
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by dhappyking(m): 9:04am On Nov 28, 2012
On this one I disagree with the governor, again. We should look beyond sack, sack, SACK and SACK! This approach saw the banks trimming down their staff. Has that really solved their problems? It is good to free funds to upgrade our infrastructures. But all these savings,infrastructure and whatever, who are they for? Are they not for the people. if democracy is indeed a government for the people, its main objective should be to make life batter for the people and not impoverish it.
Do you think that countries that pay Social security to it's citizenry are stupid? Do we have such in the country? What I am saying is this, if our government continues to apply policies that will impoverish the people it will back- fire with time. most states have stopped the popular okada, commercial bykes,leading to loss of jobs without alternative means of livelihood. If the governement sacks too, what is the alternative sourc of income for the workforce.
What I think we should be doing is to see how best to make the civil servants more productive and create more industries in the country for employment, instead of sacking.
We can leverage on our teeming population to create factories and industries that can substitute all the imported products we have in the country these days.Our large population is a blessing and not a curse. Wether we think we can or we can not, either way we are right. The choice is ours.

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by crazygod(m): 9:07am On Nov 28, 2012
I can't believe I'm saying this, but sanusi is on point here. If u visit any federal or even state ministry, u'll see how redundant workers are. Most can't even say their job function. I also believe that 70% of public servants (e.g minister of states, SSAs etc) need to be dissolved. In the military era, u can count the number of ministers and like it or not, it saved cost.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by kenx1(m): 9:10am On Nov 28, 2012
There should be a restructure of the civil service. It has been bloated with redundancy
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by barikono(m): 9:12am On Nov 28, 2012
Yesterday was #5000 note 2day sack 50% of civil servant, dose this man have any good intention for it citizen? Sanusi should think of some thing positive.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by phemmy1987: 9:18am On Nov 28, 2012
Sls will surely go to hell cos he is one of our problem
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Diogo1(m): 9:20am On Nov 28, 2012
Sanusi, Sanusi, Sanusi. How many times did I call you? Go and join your ancestors and your godfather who just passed on. I wonder if he will still buy the properties of The defunct Intercontinental Bank from the grave?
Your tsunami is worse than the effects of Boko Haram. How many bankers lost their jobs due to your stupid reforms of which the report you used to liquidate some of these banks have not seen the light of day? Do you know how many families you sent into recession because your terrible reforms decimated all their investments in the capital market?
As far as I am concerned, you have diarreah of the mouth. Mtcheeeeeeeeew.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Jaywon242(m): 9:22am On Nov 28, 2012
I think sanusi could be right here to a large extent. Can someone tell what d functions of ministers of states are? And they will also ve their own SSA,SA, etc...it's just to find jobs for the boys so to say. And it's really draining the country's purse. Doyin Okupe and Ruben Abati functions are overlapping. And am sure each of them will ve their own staff too. What a waste of money.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by donotbanme1: 9:29am On Nov 28, 2012
Now you guys appreciate the monster in this guy. Am waiting for his defense advocates on Nairaland. He triggered a free for all sack in the banks and people were praising him. Its time for FG to sack Sanusi. He has overstayed his welcome.

What is governance without welfare
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by smartg(m): 9:31am On Nov 28, 2012
Charity begins at home, leadership by example, SANUSI should first resign from his office as an example, because he's the number one civil servant of the nation.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by jimino(m): 9:34am On Nov 28, 2012
FG shld nt try dat rubbish, dis Sanusi nid 2 hv his head checked. If d pple in government dnt loot our mony, by now nigeria would hv being a beta place.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 28, 2012
delors: Let us cost-benefit analyse Sacking 50%
-The civil service is bulky and so inefficient, so sacking would make sense, but 50%? (how did he arrive at that percentage?)
-Nigeria doesnt need a bogus, lazy, inefficient civil service to run its affairs, services should be out-sourced (public-private partnership)
(But)
-Sacking 50% would mean increase in the number of unemployment by a staggering 25%...an all time high in the history of any human scoiety
-Sacking 50% without a justifiable reason could warrant legal tussle...the last thing the fed govt wants right now
-Sacking 50% would definitely increase scoial vices in the community - unless you have an alternative jobs for the sacked 50%
-There is no guarantee that the freed up capital would be judiciously used (point of reference, the subsidy money)
(Alternatives)
-Reduce the number of civil servants but not by 50% (dat's too wayward)...remove the ghosts workers and the extremely underperforming ones.
-Rather than reducing the civil service by 50%, reduce their salaries (by 50%) and allowances (by 75%) especially the legislative, executive n judiciary guys.

It's obvious that SLS is senseless.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 28, 2012
abbeycial: Da brilliant slowpoke forgot he is also a civil servant,well if d fg can be sincere enuf to sack ol d top shot civil servants lyk sanusi,Okonjo,Anyim,some advisers nd senators ,etc den Nigeria wld be a beta place for d masses only if d cost on dis irrelevant pimps r used justly for our course. Gbam
gbam supported
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Kx: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2012
earthgreeners: I watched the program Live on AIT, SLS only said in order to increase Capital expenditure, the FG would need to sack about 50% of civil servant..and he also said the civil servant to be sacked shld be govt aides, SA, SSA and oda unneccesary office holders....e.g Doyin Okupe, Reuben Abati, Reno, etc

Why dont he start by first sacking his PA's, SA's, Secretaries etc or is he saying he does not have all those?
Why is it so difficult to practice what we preach?
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by gists: 9:44am On Nov 28, 2012
trix!:
Lets take a moment to really think about it, walk into any govt agency, you'd find lots of redundant workers, all those 'typist' and 'messengers'.. etc

sometimes you have to tip them to do their jobs, many civil servants even have other businesses outside, and do not take their jobs seriously. I've even heard people say they want civil service jobs cos they'd have time for themselves

While sacking a whooping 50% may look like an overkill, I think a total revamping of the civil service would be in order. the corruption and redundancy is so much.
[color=#000099][/color]
E.g NNPC. Thousands of employess yet refineries are barely working and managers/directors keep celebrating decades of active service.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by ginas: 9:55am On Nov 28, 2012
Sanusi, sanusi, sanusi,,,,,

SACK 50% OF CIVIL SERVANT: This man scares me this days,

(1)He should instead preach "RE-ENGINEERING OF THE CIVIL SERVICE",

(2)SANUSI should learn to think like an elder or a leader and not as an intellectual,

(3)The repercussion of laying of 50% of the civil service will be so great that it is un-imaginable

a. security wise
b. economic wise
c. revolt will be imminent with the slightest provocation given the current circumstances

(4)can someone please help me out: (IS THERE SOMEWHAT A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT BY SOME QUARTERS TO DRIVE NIGERIANS FRUSTRATION TO THE POINT OF PROVOCATION AND REVOLT)because i just dont get it. or instead one should believe that we have in our hands the worst CBN Governors ever who arrogance has over shadowed common sense and appropriate application of economic theories and principles in tackling fundamental issues.

SHAME, SHAME , SHAME......
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by kunle86(m): 9:56am On Nov 28, 2012
What a selfish sanusi. Sanusi is a coward but people never realise that, we are complaining of unemployment is talking of sacking 50 percent of civil servant, while not reducing the legislature, the so called minister that are thiefs.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by badesco(m): 9:59am On Nov 28, 2012
The Guy Samusi must be Sick in the Head.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by darlingtonNYIG(m): 10:00am On Nov 28, 2012
i totally support Sanusi. he is just saying the simple truth. our states are not viable esp those in the north, the local govt is less functional and has outlived its usefullness, the number of PAs, legislators, ministers and the allowance accrued to them is alarming. i fill we should just reverse to regionalism and decentralize the powers of the central govt.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by ypzilanti: 10:01am On Nov 28, 2012
I agree totally. If the government was serious, in its first year, it would have set aside bulk monies to pay off civil servants for 'voluntary retirement option'. The civil servants who opt to retire would even help the nation by creating jobs with the payoff. This would the free government with more capital monies for last three years of election mandate.
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Joey82(m): 10:04am On Nov 28, 2012
looks like some peeps here are just hell bent on condemning SLS.
How come u all read where he said 50% of the FG work force should be sacked and didnt read where he said we dont need up to 100 senators and 400 house of reps members.
How come u guyz didnt see where he said we dont need over 700 LGs because they were a waste of fund.
some of u guys are way too biased jare.

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Veedon(m): 10:07am On Nov 28, 2012
grin too much reading is a problem more sack, more money, more private jet. I dey laugh niger u to much ooooo
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 28, 2012
Truth is Sanusi is right. However before you sack them, create an alternative economy for them even though most civil servants have already created alternative economies for themselves anyways, a.k.a. private practice and several civil service "corruption check points".
Re: Sanusi To FG: Sack 50% Of Civil Servants by Gratia(f): 10:17am On Nov 28, 2012
SLS,first this year you said #5000 note is the end to our problems now to sack 50% of Civil servants,you are just too confused malam!ok Sir we should just start by cuting down your salary/Allowance by 50% and all the senators,Rep,Ministers etc,by fishing out all the ghost workers in the civil service system not a mere civil Servant that goes home monthly with less than 100k.Anyway I don't blame you because you don't know what the masses are going through..Ewu hausa dika gi with all the money wey you dey chop you stil look like Usu(bat)! Go die Sanusi jo!

NOTE: if you are not comfortable with my comment,you can kiss BEEs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Welcome To Hell (graphic, Very Disturbing Photos) / "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu / EFCC Re-Arraigns Femi Fani-Kayode On Amended 17-Count Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.