Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Please What Do You Think - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please What Do You Think (1051 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Do You Think by Pdizzle(m): 10:08am On Nov 28, 2012
Me and my girlfriend have been going out for almost two years and she has been a very good girl, im even thinking about marrying her. Suddenly she came home with a second piercing in her ear, i told her i am not comfortable with it and she was like she likes it.
This has been causing a lot lately,cos i told her she should find a way to block it and she is like she likes it. Presently we are not even talking, and i dont want such an issue to spoil this beautiful thing we've got going on, but im not comfortable with the double piercing thingy-it doesnt go well with me atall.
I'm confused and dont know wat to do, please i need your opinion cos i have great plans for the two of us.
Re: Please What Do You Think by akhis: 10:20am On Nov 28, 2012
Its easy na.If u are not confortable and she is insisting on having her way, you should then think within yourself if u will be able to always let her have her way and if ur answer is yes, then go ahead and if ur answer is no, then relationship has ended. better to end now than struggling a marriage.
Re: Please What Do You Think by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 28, 2012
akhis: Its easy na.If u are not confortable and she is insisting on having her way, you should then think within yourself if u will be able to always let her have her way and if ur answer is yes, then go ahead and if ur answer is no, then relationship has ended. better to end now than struggling a marriage.
Thief! Stole what i wanted to say. . .
Re: Please What Do You Think by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 28, 2012
all in the name of fashion. smh
Re: Please What Do You Think by luvmijeje(f): 1:13pm On Nov 28, 2012
Op,relationship is nt all about be a man,most time is all abt compromise.
A man is one who ignores frivolities and tackles issues.
Piercing of ears is nt an issue u should be a man on.
Cajole,talk to her with luv.Dont use commanding tone,I know she ll listen to u.
Re: Please What Do You Think by Pdizzle(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2012
luvmijeje: Op,relationship is nt all about be a man,most time is all abt compromise.
Tnx, mayb i'll do it dat way
Re: Please What Do You Think by apache77(m): 4:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
look at this fowl! she pierces her ear and you are here whinning? whats wrong with these kids of nowadays? what of girls who pierce their noses? or tongue sef for that matter? or those who carry tattoos on their bosom or thighs?

if its just a second piercing on the ear, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and its good she told you she likes it. the minute the things she likes infringe on your own morality, then take a walk- you are not compatible.

dpnt come here crying
Re: Please What Do You Think by Smuthx(m): 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
OP, which tribe is she from? Some tribes see it as fashion or a normalcy. Her second piercing.. some people find it sexy.. see the good thing in it and complement her on it. You maybe surprised, she may have a re-think and revert back
Re: Please What Do You Think by Pdizzle(m): 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2012
@smuthx shez a yoruba gurl but stays in asaba, delta state.
Re: Please What Do You Think by 190theclown: 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
Hehehe - just as I thought she's Nigerian

Only Nigerian girls disobeys their men and yet expect d men 2give them money for market undecided
Re: Please What Do You Think by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
^ but you wouldn't want a Nigerian girl telling you what you can and can't do with your body, right ?
Re: Please What Do You Think by zezebabyxoxo: 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
Ok
Re: Please What Do You Think by Suchie(m): 4:02am On Nov 29, 2012
i dnt see anything wrong with that,she has already done it and she likes it...just advice her not to do such thing again...She will be remorseful and i bet you she will try and do something about it.The devil you know is better than the angel you dont know..Two years is no joke,Go ahead and marry her...Shikena
Re: Please What Do You Think by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 29, 2012
A second piecing in the ear's too minute to fight over.
Re: Please What Do You Think by WAM1(f): 5:51am On Nov 29, 2012
One man's meat is another's poison. If its a moral issue -I wouldn't advice you to compromise on that. Who knows what other moral issues you would be compromising with down the line- have a matured conversation and let her see where you are coming from.

If it's not a moral issue- don't sweat it let it slide. There would be lots more to compromise on anyways.
Re: Please What Do You Think by CrazyMan(m): 6:18am On Nov 29, 2012
What's the big deal in her piercing her ear...must you react to every little thing? sad

Its not like she cheated on you, or told you about an abortion she committed in the past...just see it as fashion and turn a blind eye on it.
Re: Please What Do You Think by djeezy(m): 6:50am On Nov 29, 2012
@Op, If she likes it and also comfortable with it, I think you should compromise. There are lots of reasons justifiable for ending a relationship and this case is just so minor. In my own opinion, I think you should live and let live and if you think you can't put up with the ear thingy, then I presume you know what to do but don't come here opening another thread saying "how do I get my girl back?"
Re: Please What Do You Think by 190theclown: 6:52am On Nov 29, 2012
pc guru: ^ but you wouldn't want a Nigerian girl telling you what you can and can't do with your body, right ?

Rubbish angry
SHe shud obey Her man jor isn't sHe d woman
Na she wan marry herself undecided
Re: Please What Do You Think by Mynd44: 8:25am On Nov 29, 2012
luvmijeje: Op,relationship is nt all about be a man,most time is all abt compromise.
I see no point in typing anymore
Re: Please What Do You Think by Pdizzle(m): 8:27am On Nov 29, 2012
Tnx y'all, mayb i took it too hard. Imma work on it.
Re: Please What Do You Think by Mynd44: 8:29am On Nov 29, 2012
Pdizzle: Tnx y'all, mayb i took it too hard. Imma work on it.
Yeah you did
Re: Please What Do You Think by Pdizzle(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2012
@190 shez has always been a gud girl
Re: Please What Do You Think by Pdizzle(m): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2012
Mynd_44:
Yeah you did
i just wanted d best wife in d world.
Re: Please What Do You Think by Mynd44: 8:51am On Nov 29, 2012
Pdizzle:
i just wanted d best wife in d world.
There is no best wife in the world, you have to let go of her imperfections(the ones you can let go of) and she will be the best

2 Likes

Re: Please What Do You Think by oyincute: 9:02am On Nov 29, 2012
Op, she has her life to live too u know. Just move on and enjoy the "beautiful thingy" you guys have.
Re: Please What Do You Think by bknight: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2012
Yes, she's always been a gud girl. Some gud girls grow to think they are missing out on some things as good girls. They envy some bad girl moves et al. I am not saying piercing a second earhole is a crime, but if its a moral issue for you then stand by ur standards.

If she thought guys who wear tight pink trousers are gays and u visited her wearing one. She complains and u tell her u like it. Its simply trendy fashion?

Letting her hv her way because u don't want to loose her sounds so mediocre that she'd suddenly come back someday with tattoos on places u hv issues with/of types u don't like. And guess what, she likes it. Again, ur rational mind + some NLers will tell u dat u're being frivolous.

There are things some folks have issues with that some others don't have problems with. Stand by ur own code of conduct and she will be properly guided henceforth.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Please What Do You Think by Coldfaya(m): 9:28am On Nov 29, 2012
Mynd_44:
There is no best wife in the world, you have to let go of her imperfections(the ones you can let go of) and she will be the best

Well said.
Op y worry urslf over a pierced hole wen u should b praying not to get ur heart pierced huh? C'mon mahn just let her b with a warning that future actions as these should only b taken after due consultations wit u.
Re: Please What Do You Think by Pdizzle(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2012
bknight, so u think i should disallow it.
@mynd thanx
Re: Please What Do You Think by bknight: 10:43am On Nov 29, 2012
Pdizzle: bknight, so u think i should disallow it.

IMO u need to do some findings. Why did she suddenly like it, ladies envy each other, find out what the influence is (cld be she saw an aunty she admires with it and thinks it cool) or something.

Don't just grab advice off the internet and go words-happy on her. But, all things being equal; if a gf suddenly starts behaving awkward and doing doing things she knows I perceive wrong and all she can tell me is she likes it? Well, apparently she must've figured I can't do sht.

(1) (Reply)

The Playa's Guide To 2013:: ::: ...get Any Babe! / A Father’s Creed / Wedding Bell: Bishop Oyedepo's First Daughter Love Oyedepo Set To Wed Oyedepo's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.