Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Reincarnation And The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reincarnation And The Bible (1300 Views)

Exposé On The Laws Of Reincarnation,karma And Return. / Why Doesn't Christianity Accept Reincarnation And The Belief In Past Lives? / Is Barrack Obama The Reincarnation Of Nimrod Of The Ancient Babylonian Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reincarnation And The Bible by Todaynatoday: 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2012
In many documented near-death experiences involving Jesus, the concept of reincarnation appears. In the Near Death Experience testimony of Jeanie Dicus , she was asked by Jesus if she would like to reincarnate or return. Sandra Rogers was asked the same question by Jesus during her Near Death Experience. One of the reasons many Christians reject the validity of near-death testimony is because they sometimes appear to conflict with their interpretation of Christian doctrines. But Christians are usually very surprised to learn that reincarnation was a doctrine once held by many early Christians. Not only that, as you will soon see there is overwhelming evidence in the Bible of Jesus himself teaching it. Continue reading

Is reincarnation truly Biblical?

(please take your time to visit the link provided above and read through it before commenting. Thanks)

1 Like

Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by pastormustwacc: 7:23am On Nov 29, 2012
So you will rather believe NDE than scriptures? I have read all these stuffs before, but i have certain reservations about NDEs. The state of the mind in an NDE is not too reliable for me to rely on, to be frank with you.
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Todaynatoday: 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
pastormustwacc: So you will rather believe NDE than scriptures? I have read all these stuffs before, but i have certain reservations about NDEs. The state of the mind in an NDE is not too reliable for me to rely on, to be frank with you.
Yes I believe that people who experience near death situations might not be in their right state of mind. But to be candid, I think that reincarnation might be possible cos it has some support from scriptures. I've not seen anywhere in the Bible where reincarnation is outrightly debunked.
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by pastormustwacc: 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2012
Reincarnation does exist, i have no doubt about that.

1 Like

Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Todaynatoday: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2012
pastormustwacc: Reincarnation does exist, i have no doubt about that.
When my mum gave birth to her fifth child she was told by a pastor that she must treat the child with care cos the child was coming to the world for the fifth time! I did not believe what the pastor said & dismissed it then. Now, i think it might be true cos he was talking about reincarnation.
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2012
Todaynatoday: In many documented near-death experiences involving Jesus, the concept of reincarnation appears. In the Near Death Experience testimony of Jeanie Dicus , she was asked by Jesus if she would like to reincarnate or return. Sandra Rogers was asked the same question by Jesus during her Near Death Experience. One of the reasons many Christians reject the validity of near-death testimony is because they sometimes appear to conflict with their interpretation of Christian doctrines. But Christians are usually very surprised to learn that reincarnation was a doctrine once held by many early Christians. Not only that, as you will soon see there is overwhelming evidence in the Bible of Jesus himself teaching it. Continue reading

Is reincarnation truly Biblical?

(please take your time to visit the link provided above and read through it before commenting. Thanks)
NICE ONE BRUV. CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE THINK SPIRITS ARE MADE AS SOON AS A BABY IS BORN. ALL SPIRITS HAVE BEEN MADE FROM THE START.
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by pastormustwacc: 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2012
^^^In fact everything has been made from the start.

1 Like

Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by destinedtee(m): 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2012
I refuse to be confused...just a question for the people who believe in reincarnation....Will the reincarnated person be judged by his first or second or third or nth life as the case may be when he finally meets God?
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Todaynatoday: 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
@pastormustwacc & obadiah triple seven, is it possible for someone to remember their past lives?(even just the slightest memory of it)
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2012
destinedtee: I refuse to be confused...just a question for the people who believe in reincarnation....Will the reincarnated person be judged by his first or second or third or nth life as the case may be when he finally meets God?
YOU GET JUDGED PER LIFE. IT DOES NOT ACCRUE. CHRIST IS NOT COMING TO JUDGE INDIVIDUALS. INDIVIDUALS GET JUDGED EVERYDAY. CHRIST IS COMING TO PUT THE GENTILES IN SECOND DEATH AND TO RELEASE THE JEWS FROM SECOND DEATH
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
Todaynatoday: @pastormustwacc & obadiah triple seven, is it possible for someone to remember their past lives?(even just the slightest memory of it)
SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY HAVE A DE JA VOUS MOMENT. HOWEVER IT IS MENTIONED IN SCRIPTURES THAT MEMORIES OF LAST LIVES WILL NOT BE REMEMBERED.

JOB CHAPTER 8 VS 9 For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow: <<<< WE ARE OFF YESTERDAY,MEANING IMMEDIATE PAST LIFE, AND KNOW NOTHING, MEANING WE CANT REMEMBER OUR PAST LIFE
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Todaynatoday: 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2012
obadiah777: SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY HAVE A DE JA VOUS MOMENT. HOWEVER IT IS MENTIONED IN SCRIPTURES THAT MEMORIES OF LAST LIVES WILL NOT BE REMEMBERED.

JOB CHAPTER 8 VS 9 For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow: <<<< WE ARE OFF YESTERDAY,MEANING IMMEDIATE PAST LIFE, AND KNOW NOTHING, MEANING WE CANT REMEMBER OUR PAST LIFE

Bummer! If only I could remember (dat one na expo on life).
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2012
Todaynatoday: Bummer! If only I could remember (dat one na expo on life).
IF YOU REMEMBER YOU WILL GO CRAZY. WHO KNOWS IF YOU WERE LYNCHED IN PAST LIFE ? IMAGINE THOSE ALUU4 GUYS ? WHEN THEY RETURN BACK TO EARTH I AM SURE THEY WILL NOT LIKE TO REMEMBER THEIR PAST LIFE
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Todaynatoday: 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2012
obadiah777: IF YOU REMEMBER YOU WILL GO CRAZY. WHO KNOWS IF YOU WERE LYNCHED IN PAST LIFE ? IMAGINE THOSE ALUU4 GUYS ? WHEN THEY RETURN BACK TO EARTH I AM SURE THEY WILL NOT LIKE TO REMEMBER THEIR PAST LIFE
Everything has advantages as well as disadvantages. Remembering might drive me crazy but I would have a better outlook on life.
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2012
Todaynatoday: Everything has advantages as well as disadvantages. Remembering might drive me crazy but I would have a better outlook on life.
IF YOU SAY SO LOL. HOWEVER IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO KNOW WHO WE WERE DURING THE OLD TESTAMENT DAYS. WHO KNOWS ? MAYBE YOU WERE MOSES ? OR ISAIAH ? OR EZEKIEL ?

1 Like

Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Todaynatoday: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
obadiah777: IF YOU SAY SO LOL. HOWEVER IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO KNOW WHO WE WERE DURING THE OLD TESTAMENT DAYS. WHO KNOWS ? MAYBE YOU WERE MOSES ? OR ISAIAH ? OR EZEKIEL ?
hahahahahahaha. Moses ke. Maybe one unimportant person like that wey just like simple life. Person wey just dey obey God and him most prized possession na im family and im farm.
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 30, 2012
I went through the link though, I want to know more about it. Who cares?
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2012
Todaynatoday: hahahahahahaha. Moses ke. Maybe one unimportant person like that wey just like simple life. Person wey just dey obey God and him most prized possession na im family and im farm.
I DOUBT THAT. IF YOU LOVE THE SCRIPTURES TODAY, WHICH SO MANY BACK IN THEM DAYS DIDNT, SEEING AS THEY WERE TOO BUSY WORSHIPPING BAAL AND MOLECH AND MILCUM AND THE GOLDEN CALF, ITS A GOOD CHANCE YOU MAY BE A PROPHET, KEEP IN MIND IF YOU ARE A SO CALLED NEGRO, YOUR SPIRIT HAS BEEN LOCKED INTO WHAT YOU WERE DOING SINCE THE WORLD WAS HANDED OVER TO THE GENTILES WHICH IS AFTER THE TIME OF NOAH. SO WHAT YOU ARE DOING NOW IS WHAT YOU WERE DOING THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO.
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 30, 2012
Reyginus: I went through the link though, I want to know more about it. Who cares?
REYGIE, YOU DONT BELIEVE IN REINCARNATION. WHY BOTHER
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
obadiah777: REYGIE, YOU DONT BELIEVE IN REINCARNATION. WHY BOTHER
Not even a case of believing. Believing comes from understanding.
The christain angle does not even come close to the kind of challenge the budhists angle pose me. I want to understand how it works.
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2012
Reyginus: Not even a case of believing. Believing comes from understanding.
The christain angle does not even come close to the kind of challenge the budhists angle pose me. I want to understand how it works.
STRAIGHTFORWARD. SPIRITS HAVE BEEN MADE FROM THE BEGINNING. THEY COME DOWN TO EARTH IN A NEW BORN BABY PERIODICALLY. LIVE A FEW YEARS IN THAT BODY. THAT BODY WEARS OUT. DIES. THE SPIRIT GOES BACK INTO THE SPIRITUAL REALM TO REST. AFTER RESTING IT COMES BACK DOWN AGAIN AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES. STRAIGHTFORWARD. I CAN BACK IT ALL WITH SCRIPTURES BUT I AM FEELING TOO LAZY NOW CUZ ITS LATE. AND ITS ONE JUDGEMENT PER LIFE. YOUR JUDGEMENT DOES NOT STORE UP TO A FINAL DATE.
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
obadiah777: STRAIGHTFORWARD. SPIRITS HAVE BEEN MADE FROM THE BEGINNING. THEY COME DOWN TO EARTH IN A NEW BORN BABY PERIODICALLY. LIVE A FEW YEARS IN THAT BODY. THAT BODY WEARS OUT. DIES. THE SPIRIT GOES BACK INTO THE SPIRITUAL REALM TO REST. AFTER RESTING IT COMES BACK DOWN AGAIN AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES. STRAIGHTFORWARD. I CAN BACK IT ALL WITH SCRIPTURES BUT I AM FEELING TOO LAZY NOW CUZ ITS LATE. AND ITS ONE JUDGEMENT PER LIFE. YOUR JUDGEMENT DOES NOT STORE UP TO A FINAL DATE.
This explanation can only survive a bit from budhism's angle.
I would like to know what you mean by, spirits have been made from the beginning?

1 Like

Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by pastormustwacc: 12:13am On Dec 01, 2012
Todaynatoday: @pastormustwacc & obadiah triple seven, is it possible for someone to remember their past lives?(even just the slightest memory of it)
I believe it is possible.
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Todaynatoday: 9:18am On Dec 01, 2012
obadiah777: I DOUBT THAT. IF YOU LOVE THE SCRIPTURES TODAY, WHICH SO MANY BACK IN THEM DAYS DIDNT, SEEING AS THEY WERE TOO BUSY WORSHIPPING BAAL AND MOLECH AND MILCUM AND THE GOLDEN CALF, ITS A GOOD CHANCE YOU MAY BE A PROPHET, KEEP IN MIND IF YOU ARE A SO CALLED NEGRO, YOUR SPIRIT HAS BEEN LOCKED INTO WHAT YOU WERE DOING SINCE THE WORLD WAS HANDED OVER TO THE GENTILES WHICH IS AFTER THE TIME OF NOAH. SO WHAT YOU ARE DOING NOW IS WHAT YOU WERE DOING THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO.
Hmmmmn, makes sense to me. Do you mind explaining what happened during the transfiguration of Jesus Christ? Why was it Elijah that appeared and not John the Baptist?

2 Likes

Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 01, 2012
Reyginus: This explanation can only survive a bit from budhism's angle.
I would like to know what you mean by, spirits have been made from the beginning?
EVERYTHING HAS BEEN CREATED IN 6 DAYS INCLUDING THE SPIRITS. THERE IS NO MORE CREATION OF SPIRITS GOING ON. ALL SPIRITS HAVE BEEN MADE. A 2 YEAR OLD KID HAS A SPIRIT IN HIM THAT IS THOUSANDS OF YEARS OLD. HOWEVER HIS BODY IS NOT DEVELOPED ENOUGH YET TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE SPIRIT. ONCE YOU GET TO A CERTAIN AGE AND YOUR PERSONALITY COMES OUT ? THAT PERSONALITY IS THE SPIRIT. THE BODY IS JUST MEAT. YOU ARE YOUR SPIRIT. A WICKED MAN HAS ALWAYS BEEN WICKED IN PAST LIFES. A KIND PERSON HAS ALWAYS BEEN KIND IN PAST LIFES. A GREEDY PERSON HAS ALWAYS BEEN COVETOUS IN PAST LIFES. A HUMBLE PERSON HAS ALWAYS HAD A HUMBLE SPIRIT IN PAST LIFES.
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 01, 2012
pastormustwacc:
I believe it is possible.
SCRIPTURE SAYS YOU WILL NOT REMEMBER YOUR PAST LIFE. HOWEVER SOME PEOPLE HAVE SAID THEY HAVE HAD DE JA VOUS MOMENTS OF THEIR PAST LIFE. ITS NOT BIBLICAL SO I DONT HAVE A DEFINITE ANSWER MYSELF
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 01, 2012
Todaynatoday: Hmmmmn, makes sense to me. Do you mind explaining what happened during the transfiguration of Jesus Christ? Why was it Elijah that appeared and not John the Baptist?
ELIJAH APPEARED BUT HE WOULD APPEAR AGAIN IN THE FUTURE AS JOHN THE BAPTIST <<<< REINCARNATION. HOWEVER THEY ARE TELLING THE PEOPLE THAT THIS ELIJAH WOULD COME BACK AGAIN IN THE FUTURE AS JOHN THE BAPTIST.
TRANSFIGURATION OF CHRIST ? <<<< DUNNO WHAT YOU MEAN BY TRANSFIGURATION
Re: Reincarnation And The Bible by Todaynatoday: 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
obadiah777: ELIJAH APPEARED BUT HE WOULD APPEAR AGAIN IN THE FUTURE AS JOHN THE BAPTIST <<<< REINCARNATION. HOWEVER THEY ARE TELLING THE PEOPLE THAT THIS ELIJAH WOULD COME BACK AGAIN IN THE FUTURE AS JOHN THE BAPTIST.
TRANSFIGURATION OF CHRIST ? <<<< DUNNO WHAT YOU MEAN BY TRANSFIGURATION
Matthew 17:1-13
New King James Version
(NKJV)
Jesus Transfigured on the Mount
17 Now after six days Jesus took Peter,
James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face
shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. 4 Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us[a] make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses,
and one for Elijah.” 5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and
suddenly a voice came out of the cloud,
saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!” 6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid. 7 But Jesus came and touched them and said, “Arise, and do not be afraid.” 8 When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but
Jesus only. 9 Now as they came down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying,
“Tell the vision to no one until the Son of
Man is risen from the dead.” 10 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah
must come first?” 11 Jesus answered and said to them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first[b] and will restore all things. 12 But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not
know him but did to him whatever they
wished. Likewise the Son of Man is also about to suffer at their hands.” 13 Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them
of John the Baptist.

(1) (Reply)

The Least Read Book Of The Bible? / BREAKING: Pastor Ajanaku Refuses To Die: Resurrects, Relapses Into Coma / Fifteen Signs Of False Humility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.