Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Why Doesn't Christianity Accept Reincarnation And The Belief In Past Lives? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Doesn't Christianity Accept Reincarnation And The Belief In Past Lives? (592 Views)

Belief In God Is A Mental Illness by APA / Does The Belief In God Kill The Sense Of Wonder In The Universe? / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Doesn't Christianity Accept Reincarnation And The Belief In Past Lives? by tobechi20(m): 11:30am On Sep 15, 2014
I consider myself a Christian , but with one exception, believe in and accept Reincarnation on faith, just as I believe and accept Christianity on faith also.

I believe that one can be a Christian and believe in Christ's teaching, and also believe in Reincarnation.

I am also aware that Reincarnation is in the Bible, but was the concept was discouraged by church leaders for many reasons.

First problem with the "Karma" idea is that if we COULD pay for our sins, why would we need a Savior? So in an insidious manner, Karma reduces Jesus to a teacher rather than a Savior and thus questions the Divinity of Christ.

2) the early christians didnt fully understand re incarnation and found it difficult teaching it to converts.

3)A person who believes in reincarnation assumes responsibility for his own spiritual evolution through rebirth. He does not need priests, confessionals, and rituals to ward off damnation He needs only to heed his own acts to himself and others. A belief in reincarnation eliminates the fear of eternal hell that the Church uses to discipline the flock. In other words, reincarnation directly undermines the authority and power of the dogmatic Church. No wonder reincarnation made the Defenders of the Faith so nervous

(1) (Reply)

Qur'an And Biblical Evidences That Support Congregational Prayer / Why Is It Right On One Side And Wrong On The Other Side? / An Islamic Man Beheaded A Woman,injured Another After A Futile Conversion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.