Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? (6218 Views)

Reasons Why Bride Is Happier Than Groom During Wedding Ceremony / 22 Sex Etiquette A Lot Of Couples Are Afraid Or Shy To Talk About / When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2012
Can anyone of you object the union of couples at a wedding ceremony after the priest might have asked everyone. Just because one of the couples have offended you in the past, so wud u raise your hand up.
As for me i dont think i can do it, so that i wont spoil thier weddin. What abt u?
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by baby124: 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2012
Do you have the mind to face the aftermath? Besides wetin concern you for matter of people that have agreed to stay together. Shey na titanic love abi. Wait after objecting let her brothers beat you to a pulp. You think wedding arrangement and planning is easy abi?

6 Likes

Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2012
baby_123: Do you have the mind to face the aftermath? Besides wetin concern you for matter of people that have agreed to stay together. Shey na titanic love abi. Wait after objecting let her brothers beat you to a pulp. You think wedding arrangement and planning is easy abi?
true talk oo, no wonder its very rare. Bt come to think of it, it is the bride that panic the most whenever such question is asked in the church.

1 Like

Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by tpia1: 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
didnt you read about the guy [was he a doctor? ] who did such at his girlfriend's wedding some years ago in lagos, and almost didnt live to tell the tale due to the thorough beating he received from the audience?
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by coogar: 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
oluswaggz: Can anyone of you object the union of couples at a wedding ceremony after the priest might have asked everyone. Just because one of the couples have offended you in the past, so wud u raise your hand up.
As for me i dont think i can do it, so that i wont spoil thier weddin. What abt u?

it's a very horrible thing to do....
heaven knows i am hiring enough mopol on my wedding to taser any intruding lunatic that might want to ruin my big day. only a twät would actually do such....

1 Like

Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
tpia1: didnt you read about the guy [was he a doctor? ] who did such at his girlfriend's wedding some years ago in lagos, and almost didnt live to tell the tale due to the thorough beating he received from the audience?
so y shud d pastor ask wen dey kno its not adviceable for som1 to object

1 Like

Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by slimyem: 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
I would never do that for any reason whatsoever...!!!!

coogar:

heaven knows i am hiring enough mopol on my wedding to taser any intruding lunatic that might want to ruin my big day. only a twät would actually do such....
lmao..
Someone's afraid of his sins catching up with him....cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by salam001(m): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2012
I can't,i simply can't,IMPOSSICAN'T
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by tpia1: 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
oluswaggz:
so y shud d pastor ask wen dey kno its not adviceable for som1 to object

usually one wouldnt expect the whole thing to degenerate to that level, but it does happens that there are objections sometimes.

as to how to handle such, i have no idea.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by coogar: 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
slimyem: I would never do that for any reason whatsoever...!!!!

lmao..
Someone's afraid of his sins catching up with him....cheesycheesy

there's always a twit somewhere hoping to ruin the day.....you can't be too careful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSwZ5hKCpUU&sns=em
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 29, 2012
I can. But I wouldn't come empty-handed.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by greatgod2012(f): 3:50am On Nov 29, 2012
I cant, God forbid!
Of what benefit will dt be for me!
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by JoannaSedley(f): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2012
I'd rather send a note annonymously to threaten the living daylight outta them.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Afam4eva(m): 10:08am On Nov 29, 2012
If i have anything against a union, i'll stand up. If they don't want anyone to say anything then what's the use of even asking the question in the first place.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by CrazyMan(m): 10:11am On Nov 29, 2012
I think its wrong for officiating ministers to ask such silly question...in the presbyterian church for instance, you're give a date to report any reason why you feel the marriage shouldn't go on.

Once the given date is elapsed, and no one objects, the Rev. Would give the couples the green light to go ahead with their preparations, and on the wedding day, he won't even bother to ask whether or not the union should be joined together.

I feel that's much better that way...asking it publicly isn't wise...

1 Like

Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 29, 2012
I cant.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 29, 2012
I have done it once, I looked at the bride scornfully, and said I want the wedding to continue...see tension released to laughter...lol no be me ooo na stori I hear!
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by dunmorris(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2012
What Of if na ur Ex?
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Clemzy16(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2012
Yes i can! But that is if i'm very sure that the hubby is not whom he claims to be. Probably a wanted person or an ex-convict.

1 Like

Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Hailedin9ja: 10:53am On Nov 29, 2012
That action alone will be very embarrassing. That is why lovers should take time to know their partner's past. If he/she is very secretive, use technology to get the truth.

You can discreetly listen to her phone conversation, get a copy of any incoming & outgoing SMS on her phone using this APPLICATION . There is no way you will not run into what you DON'T KNOW about her.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 29, 2012
CrazyMan: I think its wrong for officiating ministers to ask such silly question...in the presbyterian church for instance, you're give a date to report any reason why you feel the marriage shouldn't go on.

Once the given date is elapsed, and no one objects, the Rev. Would give the couples the green light to go ahead with their preparations, and on the wedding day, he won't even bother to ask whether or not the union should be joined together.

I feel that's much better that way...asking it publicly isn't wise...
The same thing in my church, Assemblies of God Church.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by evinduks: 10:57am On Nov 29, 2012
Don't think i can do that,it 'll b a hunt for ever in my life.Let God b d judge dats all.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by younglad007(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2012
Hell no
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by NoQualms1(f): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2012
The question is not asked in Catholic churches. Weeks before the wedding, banns of marriage will be announced in the church and other churches where any of the couple is known. If anyone has an objection, such is expected to inform the priest in the parish before the wedding day.

The bann is always announced for 3 weeks, if no one comes up with an objection, the wedding na carry-go.

1 Like

Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by passionate88: 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2012
All these people wey dey talk say dm dey ask d qstn 3 wks b4 marriage 4 church... What if I dey attend a diff. Church, or I dey another town?.. Na 4 only d weddin day I go fit go d Church.. How una want me to do?
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2012
[quote
author=passionate88]All these people wey dey talk say dm dey ask d qstn
3 wks b4 marriage 4 church... What if I dey attend a diff. Church, or I
dey another town?.. Na 4 only d weddin day I go fit go d Church.. How
una want me to do?[/quote]

d priest wont boda to ask again in d church, since they have given u guys 3weeks to respond.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by SELFWORTH: 1:33pm On Nov 29, 2012
A lot of hypocritical responses.

I can for many valid reasons.

1.If either party were already married
2.If either party were related
3. If either party was an escaped Convicted criminal
4.The planned union is unlawful
5. If its my job to do so as an implementer of the law . E.g all the fake marriages Nigerians do abroad to get papers.

If you don't stop it, the marriage will be deemed invalid due to the circumstances in which it took place so you are saving them both a lot of heartache in future .
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Spyker: 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2012
No Qualms: The question is not asked in Catholic churches. Weeks before the wedding, banns of marriage will be announced in the church and other churches where any of the couple is known. If anyone has an objection, such is expected to inform the priest in the parish before the wedding day.

The bann is always announced for 3 weeks, if no one comes up with an objection, the wedding na carry-go.

That's the Catholic way, you just said my mind.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by SELFWORTH: 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2012
No Qualms: The question is not asked in Catholic churches. Weeks before the wedding, banns of marriage will be announced in the church and other churches where any of the couple is known. If anyone has an objection, such is expected to inform the priest in the parish before the wedding day.

But if you get married when you are not free to but lied then the marriage will be invalid . The 'marriage' is stopped but in a different way.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by henrychubayo: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2012
Its not good to do such thing but when i felt the pains of disappointment so much that it caused me so many things, i thought of doing it and surely i would have done it but thank God my friend understood that she need to wait for me for just few months and she terminated her promise to marry another and came back to me. Its only for one reason she left me, that am not ready to marry her now and her time as a woman is going and if her time goes and i changed my mind, she will be useless. After constant persuation that i would do it soon, she backed off from the other guy who was much ready than i am. I never felt men could have such feelings for a woman but when she told me that she will move on, i couldn't eat for 2-3 days. But when feeling like these are controlled, you won't feel bad. Surely the way i feel then, i would have done it but certainly will regret it later. But i just want to point out that its of no meaning if one say that in a church. In fact, whatever the case may be, the wedding will go on that day. The only place one will say it and it works it in the registration process in court or local government where they give 21 days for objectors to cancel it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by BE811APP: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2012
coogar:

Have u done Bad thngs before to ur partners dat will warrant MOPOLs

Its only dos with a Bad Past dat will be scared on der wedding days....
#my2cents
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by coogar: 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2012
BE811APP:
Have u done Bad thngs before to ur partners dat will warrant MOPOLs

Its only dos with a Bad Past dat will be scared on der wedding days....
#my2cents

i don't need to have done bad things in the past to maintain security on my big day......why do you need seat belts and airbags in your car? is it because you intend to have a car crash?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pros And Cons Of A Virgin Wife / Caught A Fellow Nigerian Woman Cheating On Her Husband . Can I Tell Him / is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.