Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,521 members, 7,840,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? (6221 Views)

Reasons Why Bride Is Happier Than Groom During Wedding Ceremony / 22 Sex Etiquette A Lot Of Couples Are Afraid Or Shy To Talk About / When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
stillwater: I can. But I wouldn't come empty-handed.

What do you mean you wouldn't come out empty-handed?

@Poster, if you have a valid reason to, you do it and let the pieces fall where they will. I mean if the couple getting married have nothing to hide, then it should not be a big deal. But if there is something that needs to be cleared up, it is likely in the benefit of the unaffected party that it be dealt with because it becomes a burden on the relationship, in the future.

I mean if your fiance is keeping a second family on the side(kids and mama complete) wouldn't you want to know of it before you make the mistake of wedding such a person? I bet you would be grateful if someone showed up on your wedding day to reveal that truth to you.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by dayokanu(m): 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2012
Why do you say you cant?

If you see a man or woman you know is married and he/she is also the one on the altar nko?
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by tpia1: 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
I dont understand why people with comma in their stories, will still insist on doing " alariwo" wedding as if to dare heaven and earth.

Is it they have money to burn or they feel keeping a low profile is beneath them?
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by jamesbridget13(f): 9:52pm On Nov 29, 2012
Nigerian churchs re not supposed 2 be asking such questions because in most cases the traditional union has already been done. Nigerians just wanna copy d whites blue black. As 4 d question, i can't try it no matter what
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by jamesbridget13(f): 9:55pm On Nov 29, 2012
tpia1: I dont understand why people with comma in their stories, will still insist on doing " alariwo" wedding as if to dare heaven and earth.

Is it they have money to burn or they feel keeping a low profile is beneath them?
wetin u mean?
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by bamto(m): 11:50pm On Nov 29, 2012
Announcement on the day of wedding is merely ceremonial and not binding. Bans of Marriage is announced three times before the wedding. Any intruder on the wedding day should be bound and thrown out!
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Nov 30, 2012
jamesbridget13: Nigerian churchs re not supposed 2 be asking such questions because in most cases the traditional union has already been done. Nigerians just wanna copy d whites blue black. As 4 d question, i can't try it no matter what

BS. The church needs to ask whether traditional has happened or not. Since when did the church start taking it's cue from what the folks do at their traditional hookup centre? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 30, 2012
That hand will not follow that person back home! Like for real!
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by EKARO(m): 1:32am On Nov 30, 2012
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by miqos02(m): 3:45am On Nov 30, 2012
passionate88: All these people wey dey talk say dm dey ask d qstn 3 wks b4 marriage 4 church... What if I dey attend a diff. Church, or I dey another town?.. Na 4 only d weddin day I go fit go d Church.. How una want me to do?
inasmuch as u know the date,time and place of wedding ceremony,you make your feelings known before the ceremony
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 30, 2012
I don't know the reason why most people are saying they wouldn't object. Is the priest or who ever that's in charge just wasting people's time by being sarcastic. If I were there and I have any grudge or know any hidden stuff that might ruin their marriage in future, I will object to prevent them from it.

The priest isn't bluffing when they asks the question.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by ziondaughter: 8:06am On Nov 30, 2012
If there should b any objection, it should b b4 d wedding n not dat day. Na witchcraft b dat
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by 5much(m): 10:38am On Nov 30, 2012
objecting comes with big consequences.d guy objecting may not live to tell d story.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Kobojunkie: 10:45am On Nov 30, 2012
donedy: I don't know the reason why most people are saying they wouldn't object. Is the priest or who ever that's in charge just wasting people's time by being sarcastic. If I were there and I have any grudge or know any hidden stuff that might ruin their marriage in future, I will object to prevent them from it.

The priest isn't bluffing when they asks the question.

There is one thing I have realized as a Nigerian. Even when the situation is meant to be as easy as ABC, Nigerians still find for themselves a way to complicate it so they can never take advantage of that which is even freely offered.

Just a simple question asked during a ceremony that anyone with a valid reason can raise hand to respond to, but as you can see, people have found a way to demonize those who take advantage of that opportunity when it is presented. The thing wey dey worry the people no be small thing oo.
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Synthase(m): 11:34am On Nov 30, 2012
oluswaggz: Can anyone of you object the union of couples at a wedding ceremony after the priest might have asked everyone. Just because one of the couples have offended you in the past, so wud u raise your hand up.
As for me i dont think i can do it, so that i wont spoil thier weddin. What abt u?
very simple! I can do it.... But that would be in nollyhood grin
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by ademega(m): 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2012
Y NOT!!! if na the wife my pastor tell me say i must marry..
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by NoQualms1(f): 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2012
passionate88: All these people wey dey talk say dm dey ask d qstn 3 wks b4 marriage 4 church... What if I dey attend a diff. Church, or I dey another town?.. Na 4 only d weddin day I go fit go d Church.. How una want me to do?

Get to the church before the wedding ceremony starts and register your complain with the priest in charge. Shikena
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2012
No Qualms:

Get to the church before the wedding ceremony starts and register your complain with the priest in charge. Shikena

Why not wait till when the question is formally asked so that all the witnesses can hear what you have to say? Or were you born gutless
Re: Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? by Jellitah: 11:14am On Feb 08, 2013
Absolutely NOT!
Experience is always the best teacher. . . . kiss
I don't have time for 'E BADU BELLE OR E JOLOSI' yeye matters!
Shiooooooooooooooooooooor!!! kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Mother Reacts After Seeing This Her Daugther's Latest Whatsapp Photo / Touching Story Of A Mother & Son / Why He Only Dates White Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.