Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Why You Should Always Keep It Clean-very Important - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why You Should Always Keep It Clean-very Important (779 Views)

Very Important Question To The Boss Of Nairaland Mr. Seun, Mods La Lastica & Co / A Note To All Women And Ladies (very Important) / 20 Very Important Questions You Should Ask Youself(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Always Keep It Clean-very Important by ESULAALU: 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2012
Hi Everyone

First of all I have to start with a big apology if the topic of this post is not what you expected it would be. The aim was to make it attractive enough to prompt you to read.

For a very long time,I have remained as one of the many millions of guests who visit this site,read and then leave.However,about a few days ago I stumbled on a thread,(view thread here:https://www.nairaland.com/1114397/cynthia-osokogu-murder-pharmacists-released) where there was a heated argument.The comment on which basis the whole e-fight started was made by a woman.Now whether it was made by a guy would not have mattered still as it would not have stopped the argument from erupting.But I was amazed at the trend of events on that thread.

If you have viewed the thread you must have noticed that only about 2 people made impersonal comments without reference to the insults,apart from that it was a barrage of insults and what have you nots.

I thought to myself,it is indeed easy to throw insults over the internet,afterall I dont know who is on the other side! At the same time,I also thought about it,because this is a faceless forum does not mean I have to be mean! What if it was my next door neighbour? What if it was a distant cousin of mine?At the end of the day,what goes around definitely comes around.So I decided,to pay the mean people on that thread in their own coin.

I started messing around with them.Sure it worked,for everything I said a reply was already waiting for me.Each time I read the replies,I would laugh so hard till my sides ached.I realised one thing,they really did try to match me up word for word,but it wasa tough one.It did look like I was gaining the upper hand because as some point,one of them commented that ''I no dey fight again''

I went a step further,I started following the threads these set of abusive people had commented on and each time I saw they left insults I would promptly mess with them so bad,they had no choice but to start keeping their comments clean.As a matter of fact,I noticed some of them began to use complimentary words and even became more respectful of other people's opinions.

By now you would be familiar to the key people in this whole insult saga,kindly refer to the threads below and see how respectful they had become:

https://www.nairaland.com/1115834/nigerian-music-today-aberration/1#13161597

https://www.nairaland.com/1117170/yoruba-groups-want-okada-banned

https://www.nairaland.com/1117281/youths-shutdown-indomie-factory-kaduna

I realised it really is not so hard to get people to conform on forums such as this.At the end of the day people from various ends of the world visit this site,millions of people just visitors many of which have never visited Nigeria but use this forum as a gateway to Nigeria.They keep themselves abreast of events and happenings in our Country.

We keep clamouring for change and permit me to say it can only start with us,projecting a positive image,respecting each other's opinions and demonstrating empathy at all times is very important.

It has been a pleasure to be a part of this site and it is on this note I have to say thank you for reading and please imbibe these virtues as you relate with your fellow Nigerians on this forum.No need to insults other people's parents or the likes,afterall you would not want anyone to insult or hurt any member of your family too.

Let the golden rule of ''do as you will be done by'' permeate our hearts at all times please.

WAZOBIA-WE ARE ONE!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If The World Actually Ends In 2 Days??? / Christmas Gift Ideas For Your Love Ones This Season / SURE-P Chicanery And The Fear Of Subsidy Removal In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.