Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,309 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? (1030 Views)

Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? / Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Realest123(m): 10:04am On Nov 30, 2012
Painted by New York artist, Michael D'Antuono, the depiction dubbed 'The Truth' portrays President Obama wearing a crown of thorns, extending his arms and looking down as Jesus Christ does in crucifix imagery. The painting is on display in Boston. Are you offended by it?

Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by cantell(m): 10:16am On Nov 30, 2012
Realest123: Painted by New York artist, Michael D'Antuono, the depiction dubbed 'The Truth' portrays President Obama wearing a crown of thorns, extending his arms and looking down as Jesus Christ does in crucifix imagery. The painting is on display in Boston. Are you offended by it?
We're not muslims, so silly things like this don't offend us(christians).

4 Likes

Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by CrazyMan(m): 10:26am On Nov 30, 2012
cantell:
Well said brah...
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by cdamsel(f): 10:27am On Nov 30, 2012
Dis pix made frontpage days ago?una want make we riot abi na wetin?God doesn't need us 2 fight his battles 4 him angry
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Ruqaya(f): 10:41am On Nov 30, 2012
cantell:
do u have 2 refer 2 dat (we are not muslims)
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 30, 2012
who cares? How the thing kom affect my christian lyf?

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 30, 2012
cdamsel: Dis pix made frontpage days ago?una want make we riot abi na wetin?God doesn't need us 2 fight his battles 4 him angry
if we dnt fight 4 him wat ar d needs of being his followers
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by cdamsel(f): 11:30am On Nov 30, 2012
Chukskalidon:
if we dnt fight 4 him wat ar d needs of being his followers
was there anytime he told u 2 fight 4 him?don't b blinded by anger cos of wat some muslims do in d name of God,he is very capable 2 fight 4 himself
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 30, 2012
cdamsel: was there anytime he told u 2 fight 4 him?don't b blinded by anger cos of wat some muslims do in d name of God,he is very capable 2 fight 4 himself
u c d reasn y muslims wil continue to dominate,'true belief in dia religion'. God is capable of fighting 4 imself,wat's d reasn u are a xtian? Muslims wil continue 2 work towards dia religion,bombing and killing christians yet God cn fight 4 imself. Luk at d religion forum in NL,what does it say? It says 'muslims only'. Wil God fight dat one 4 u too?, if his followers and representatives cnt fyt 4 im on earth,dia z no amount of fyts he puts on dat wil appease d world. Am so much freaked abt dis xtians belief of a tin.
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 30, 2012
cantell:
is dat hw u tink? Cn a pic lyk dis bearing obama and muhamed b posted on NL? Hail no! D last time it happened,@seun received a serious threatning warning. U stay in ur hauz, and insinuate nonsense "we're nt muslims". Becos u're nt muslim u let people fool ur religion. Has obama eva fought against d muslims, by nw U.S must av recorded ova 200 bombshell attack.
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Mynd44: 11:54am On Nov 30, 2012
The day I have to fight for a God is the day I stop worshipping that god.

If he is so powerful, why should I fight? He should handle his business na.

I still search my Bible and can't find a place where God asked us to fight on his behalf ooooo.

Rather the bible says,
The lord shall fight for me and I shall keep my peace not the reverse

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Mynd44: 11:56am On Nov 30, 2012
cantell:
We should be careful not to lump up an entire religion with just one statement. Just cos some muslims are radical and crazy does not mean they all are.

We should learn respect.

Cheers
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 30, 2012
Mynd_44: The day I have to fight for a God is the day I stop worshipping that god.

I still search my Bible and can't find a place where God asked us to fight on his behalf ooooo.

Rather the bible says,
one word is enuf to describe people.
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Mynd44: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2012
Chukskalidon:
one word is enuf to describe people.
And that word will be...............
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by cdamsel(f): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2012
Chukskalidon:
u c d reasn y muslims wil continue to dominate,'true belief in dia religion'. God is capable of fighting 4 imself,wat's d reasn u are a xtian? Muslims wil continue 2 work towards dia religion,bombing and killing christians yet God cn fight 4 imself. Luk at d religion forum in NL,what does it say? It says 'muslims only'. Wil God fight dat one 4 u too?, if his followers and representatives cnt fyt 4 im on earth,dia z no amount of fyts he puts on dat wil appease d world. Am so much freaked abt dis xtians belief of a tin.
u need 2 read ur bible more often,I won't get in2 dis wit u
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by tpia1: 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
The angle of the coat makes it clear its meant to be a hexagram.

So, its not for christians per se.
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
Mynd_44:
And that word will be...............
you want make those people crucify the guy, use ur brain nah
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by Mynd44: 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2012
R2bees: you want make those people crucify the guy, use ur brain nah
If he is so bold, let him write it here na
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by WAM1(f): 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
Mynd_44: The day I have to fight for a God is the day I stop worshipping that god.

Rather the bible says,

Love this post especially the bolded verse smiley
Re: Dear Christians, Are You Offended By This Painting? by tpia1: 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2012
i think i should add, the picture is more than what it appears to be.

its supposed to mimic a parody of a cross, but since its a hexagram by virtue of the coat positioning, its most likely a reference to sleeping cells and attacks on christians.

when you have this kind of ________ symbolism masquerading as a tasteless depiction to ostensibly "offend" christians, its usually just a cover up for what its actually saying.

red herring, so to speak. You're not supposed to know you're being attacked for your faith, or who is attacking you.

(1) (Reply)

Shiloh 2012 Testimonies / Give Money Unto God, But Send It To My Address / THE BIG 5: The 5 Most Influential Theologians In Church History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.