Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters (10165 Views)

Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih / IBB's Children, Mohammed & Halima On PDP Campaign Train In Niger / Ahmadu Ali Is The New PDP BoT Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by GARRIx7(m): 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2012
Jonathan Set To Impose Anenih On PDP As BoT Chairman

President Goodluck Jonathan may have made up his mind to impose the reclusive former Minister of Works, Chief Tony Anenih, on the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT).

Anenih, who was on Monday summoned by the House of Representatives over the sum of N2.3 billion that was purportedly disbursed for an abandoned road project in Nassarawa State in 2006, was at the Presidential Villa on Thursday morning where he had a closed-door meeting with the President.

The meeting, it was gathered, involved discussions about how to make sure that Anenih, who was known as “Mr. Fix-It” before his political profile began to diminish, becomes the next chairman of the BoT, a position from which former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, resigned in April this year. In 2007, Obasanjo outmaneuvered Anenih to bag the influential job.

Apart from Anenih, others in the race are a former National Chairman of the party, Dr. Ahmadu Ali; a former Chairman of Board of Trustees of the All Nigeria Peoples Party, Chief Harry Akande; and a former President of the Senate, Senator Ken Nnamani.

A presidency source said President Jonathan settled for Anenih, who suffered a huge defeat in Edo, his home state, when Mr. Adams Oshiomhole defeated the candidate of the PDP, Gen. Charles Airhiavbere (retd.) last June to retain the governorship.

While some of the members of the board are said to favour either Ali, Mr. Jonathan is said to be insisting on Anenih, convinced that he needs someone with the clout to counter the growing characterization of his regime as non-performing.

Jonathan is said to be deeply unhappy about the recent comment of Obasanjo, his political benefactor who has criticised him on many occasions for poor performance.

“Anenih is seen as the right person that can speak for the President and probably look at the likes of Obasanjo in the face,” said the presidential source.

Apart from this, it is also the calculation in the presidential villa that whoever occupies the office of the BoT chairman will be important in determining Jonathan’s second term ambition.

Anenih played an important role in persuading the governors to support Jonathan to run for office in 2011. The governors had insisted that the party must stick to its zoning formula following the death President Umaru Yar’Adua.

At the PDP headquarters, the governors said it was wrong for Jonathan to run when the North was yet to finish its eight years in office.

After the intervention of many members of the party, the governors and the party decided to allow Jonathan to run, with the understanding that he would only complete Yar’Adua’s projected eight year tenure, which will expire in 2015.

The members of the BoT are meeting at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Friday night, where the election will take place.

One of the tricks used by Obasanjo to side-track Anenih from becoming BoT chairman in 2007 was to change the rules so that only persons who had been president were qualified to contest.

Under that rule, which has yet to be changed, none of those currently vying for the position is qualified to contest.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-set-impose-anenih-pdp-bot-chairman

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Wendyslim(f): 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2012
I beg make dem find somewhere go sit down. Anytin he like make he dey do. I cant wait for 2015 jare

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Abyjah: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2012
Who cares?

In other news, I'm 2nd to comment. Yay!
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by tomakint: 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2012
I saw this coming! On this move, I will say 'Jonathan is Politically wise', now let me see how those 'backward reasoning abokis' will scheme Jonathan out come 2015 with "Mr Fix-it" holding forth? Dem never born that Aboki! Good job Jonathan!!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Ibangap(m): 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
Were u guyz expectin anytin more or less? Mr Fix it is here 2 stay, live wit it.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Itoroetti(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
He is d national leader,he can do what ever he wishes.meanwhile,what kind of legacy is sowore;owner of saharareporters trying to create?all he does is to criticise.be reminded that d easiest thing to do is to criticise.
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
My signature can tell better
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by thirdeye(m): 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2012
Jonathan is the one trying to scheme himself out if he still beleives he needs Anenih to be re-elected.
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by adora4u1: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2012
Like PDP is still relevant?
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by GARRIx7(m): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2012
I'm on the front-Page once again... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by TRILLIONIAR: 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2012
PDP AND THERE ATTENTION SEEKING TINZ
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by moneyhungry(m): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2012
why does Jonathan wanted to did Diz bad tin to d Nigerian pipulz. it did not fare o!.
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by GARRIx7(m): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2012
tomakint: I saw this coming! On this move, I will say 'Jonathan is Politically wise', now let me see how those 'backward reasoning abokis' will scheme Jonathan out come 2015 with "Mr Fix-it" holding forth? Dem never born that Aboki! Good job Jonathan!!!
Mr. Fix it Was beaten silly by Oshio-baba even in his backyard....
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by ldpele(m): 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2012
PDP and night meetings. well,am waitn for d outcme
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2012
Since when did GEJ began to wield such powers on PDP?
Even if he wanted to, he can't do it alone
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by tomakint: 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Mr. Fix it Was beaten silly by Oshio-baba even in his backyard....
You will see with your eyes what 'Mr Fix-it' will do come 2015, he is no brainer in an Edo State where PDP holds no water with the populace, this is PDP affair now, and I can assure you that, the reason he is called 'Mr Fix-it' you shall see! God forbid "Aboki" grab power in this country again, I think we've had enough of their bullshyte! OBJ will fall in this power game this time around!
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by taharqa: 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
GARRI (x7):
I'm on the front-Page once again... grin grin grin grin grin
Congratulatns! Am happy for ya for this 'great' achievement....Oya clap for yaself
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by EXCELLENCEAbia: 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
political animals, that is why nothing good come from them. selfish humans
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by vislabraye(m): 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
GEJ is looking for a 2nd term in office. Whatever they like let them do.
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by taharqa: 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ada Nri1: Since when did GEJ began to wield such powers on PDP?
Even if he wanted to, he can't do it alone
I wonda o..how can he be getting whateva person he wants into top PDP offices almost singlehandedly (national chairman, NEC, and maybe this)? People shld relax abeg, no need disturbing ourselves ova tins like dis joor - he is afterall 'weak' and 'clueless'...*laughs*
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by tovercint(m): 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2012
interesting...
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Whobedatte(m): 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2012
Itoroetti :
He is d national leader,he can do what ever he wishes.meanwhile,what kind of legacy is sowore;owner of saharareporters trying to create?all he does is to criticise.be reminded that d easiest thing to do is to criticise.
He is creating a long lasting impression for average nigerians, that we need to stand up against our oppressors like GEJ and people like you who are benefitting from ROT, You don't call a spade a Garden fork,you can never paint a bad Govt positively
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2012
The 'weak' Jonathan has shown why he is 'weak'. For Jonathan, the END always justifies the MEANS. Where is Farouk Lawan, who was running his mouth during the fuel subsidy probe? Where is INjustice Salami and his ACN cabal of judges? Where is Timipre Sylva? Where is the Yar Adua cabal? Where is the northern consensus candidate? etc,etc,etc. Others on the queue soon to be CRUSHED include- Speaker Tambuwai, the spokesperson for the house of reps(one Zakari), Buhari(was crushed the last time but it seems he's gearing to queue up again), OBJ, Rotimi Amaechi, Atiku(was crushed the last time but he appears to be queuing up again), boko haram, Lai Muhammed, El Rufai, etc,etc. They will all take their turns to taste DEFEAT.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Super1759: 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2012
“Anenih is seen as the right person that can speak for the President and probably look at the likes of Obasanjo in the face,” said the presidential source. so it means my president can't speak to obj to his face and correct his errors?
He needs to act fast because with the rate things are happening,atiku romancing with obj, obj having talks with south east stakeholders and building mosque for the north.
Obj gat the heart of NIGERIA
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Godmann(m): 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: The 'weak' Jonathan has shown why he is 'weak'. For Jonathan, the END always justifies the MEANS. Where is Farouk Lawan, who was running his mouth during the fuel subsidy probe? Where is INjustice Salami and his ACN cabal of judges? Where is Timipre Sylva? Where is the Yar Adua cabal? Where is the northern consensus candidate? etc,etc,etc. Others on the queue soon to be CRUSHED include- Speaker Tambuwai, the spokesperson for the house of reps(one Zakari), Buhari(was crushed the last time but it seems he's gearing to queue up again), OBJ, Rotimi Amaechi, Atiku(was crushed the last time but he appears to be queuing up again), boko haram, Lai Muhammed, El Rufai, etc,etc. They will all take their turns to taste DEFEAT.

Yea, let Jonathan crush whoever he wants, but you forget that the Nigerian people have been crushing and will ever remain crushed so long as an incompetent and insincere fool like GEJ remain at the helm of affairs. You foolish Nigerians will never learn. You elected him as a fake messiah. The later said his is a tranformation agenda. Now we are back to square one.

We are back to a criminal election rigger; a criminal looter called Anenih; A know occultist; and you fool are here celebrating as if it takes only the criminals to rule us.

I accept that Atiku and co are evil. I accept that North have produced more of the criminal elements that destroyed our land than the South; but you cannot label the whole Northerners derogatory "Aboki". It shows how archaic, uncultured and uneducated you are.

Ken Nnamani stopped Obasanjo in his third term; yet you prefer a criminal called Anenih over him. Tell me how Nigeria will change if we continue to think like you. And most certainly by Sunday you will trip to church like all the fools and call yourself Christ-like. You are a fool for refusing to see the truth

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Godmann(m): 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: The 'weak' Jonathan has shown why he is 'weak'. For Jonathan, the END always justifies the MEANS. Where is Farouk Lawan, who was running his mouth during the fuel subsidy probe? Where is INjustice Salami and his ACN cabal of judges? Where is Timipre Sylva? Where is the Yar Adua cabal? Where is the northern consensus candidate? etc,etc,etc. Others on the queue soon to be CRUSHED include- Speaker Tambuwai, the spokesperson for the house of reps(one Zakari), Buhari(was crushed the last time but it seems he's gearing to queue up again), OBJ, Rotimi Amaechi, Atiku(was crushed the last time but he appears to be queuing up again), boko haram, Lai Muhammed, El Rufai, etc,etc. They will all take their turns to taste DEFEAT.

Yea, let Jonathan crush whoever he wants, but you forget that the Nigerian people have been crushing and will ever remain crushed so long as an incompetent and insincere fool like GEJ remain at the helm of affairs. You foolish Nigerians will never learn. You elected him as a fake messiah. The later said his is a tranformation agenda. Now we are back to square one.

We are back to a criminal election rigger; a criminal looter called Anenih; A know occultist; and you fool are here celebrating as if it takes only the criminals to rule us.

I accept that Atiku and co are evil. I accept that North have produced more of the criminal elements that destroyed our land than the South; but you cannot label the whole Northerners derogatory "Aboki". It shows how archaic, uncultured and uneducated you are.

Ken Nnamani stopped Obasanjo in his third term; yet you prefer a criminal called Anenih over him. Tell me how Nigeria will change if we continue to think like you. And most certainly by Sunday you will trip to church like all the fools and call yourself Christ-like. You are a fool for refusing to see the truth

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
Nigerians call him clueless, yet he kips winning. He takes hz time cos patience is hz biggest virtue. B4 2015 there is going 2 be a lot of alignments n re alignments.
I jus want him 2 get d 'Nigeria job' done. Goodluck, GEJ.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by free2ryhme: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2012
Abyjah: Who cares?

In other news, I'm 2nd to comment. Yay!

is this how u want to live ya life on nairaland chasing whether u comment first or no, when others are busy making useful contributions....U have the IQ of a lint U are a complete waste
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by BlueMurder(m): 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2012
So he is trying desperately to side-step corruption inquiries by scheming himself into the BOT of the invidious party? Nemesis may yet catch up with this old man.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by barikono(m): 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
I pray God to give GEJ wisdom when making decision, those that fight corruption must not work with corrupt people, Anenih again. GEJ should do one tangible thing for nigerians before talking of second term.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by tomakint: 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2012
Godman_n:

There is no point venting your anger on anyone here, in your own wisdom, who do you think should fill that post? Just asking
Re: Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters by dayokanu(m): 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2012
Na retardeen not surprised

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati / Governor Umahi Lays Foundation For 5,000 Houses For Less Privileged (Photos) / Isa Pantami: NIN Registration Will Help To Curb Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.