Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Apostle J. Ayo Babalola: The Most Used Picture In Nigerian Religious Cycle!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle J. Ayo Babalola: The Most Used Picture In Nigerian Religious Cycle!!! (6569 Views)

TB Joshua & Ayo Babalola Listed Among World’s Most Famous Prophets / Certificate Saga: Apostle Suleiman's 2015 Prophecies: See No 47- / Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostle J. Ayo Babalola: The Most Used Picture In Nigerian Religious Cycle!!! by tomakint: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
I have noticed that the Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide (C.A.C), a Southwestern-originated Church with a large Yoruba following, are fond of making use of the picture of the revered Clergy man in many of their signposts and in many of their programs, even new Churches that broke from the C.A.C also engage in these practices, it seems there are some celestial powers attached to the image of this great man of God who shook the Kingdom of darkness to its very foundation during his lifetime!

Re: Apostle J. Ayo Babalola: The Most Used Picture In Nigerian Religious Cycle!!! by Sirniyeh(m): 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
RCCG should emulate that. An hero must not be forgotten. If you go to Asorock, all pictures of past presidents are there. CAC is legacy of Ayo Babalola and using his picture always is sight of reference. There is no any spiritual power ascribe to it. It's just an epitome of remembrance and acknowledgement of the initiation of CAC, coined from the first "The Apostolic Gospel" - the first penticostal church that arrived naija from western world (ilu awon oyinbo)

1 Like

Re: Apostle J. Ayo Babalola: The Most Used Picture In Nigerian Religious Cycle!!! by Thekeeper(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2012
Sirniyeh,i hail o. . .pls lets chat on 2go. .i'm online now
Re: Apostle J. Ayo Babalola: The Most Used Picture In Nigerian Religious Cycle!!! by tpia1: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2012
actually, it seems pentecostalism in nigeria was pioneered through the k & s church (according to one of their websites or something).

it was only later that K&S moved away from mainstream pentecostal preaching.

it would be good if somebody could have a discussion on that, instead of the constant bickering over other stuff.

now, are you saying CAC and not K&S were the pioneers?

@ siriney

can you post the history which verifies this claim, just curious.

i know CAC has been around for a long time, but i dont know the details.
Re: Apostle J. Ayo Babalola: The Most Used Picture In Nigerian Religious Cycle!!! by tomakint: 11:54pm On May 09, 2013
Sirniyeh: RCCG should emulate that. An hero must not be forgotten. If you go to Asorock, all pictures of past presidents are there. CAC is legacy of Ayo Babalola and using his picture always is sight of reference. There is no any spiritual power ascribe to it. It's just an epitome of remembrance and acknowledgement of the initiation of CAC, coined from the first "The Apostolic Gospel" - the first penticostal church that arrived naija from western world (ilu awon oyinbo)
Well, while I may agree with you that his picture may not be connected to any celestial powers but you must know that so many CAC faithfuls and even others from another denominations have testified to spiritual connections via healing, deliverance through the picture of this great Man of God!

(1) (Reply)

Why Islam Is The Only True Religion NOT Christianity / Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? / Religion Is The Pillar Of Humanity. Take It Away And We Collapse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.