Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? (6572 Views)

Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Lady Leading Praise & Worship Dies In Delta Church After Collapsing / A Crippled Young Lady, Leading Praise & Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 4:47am On Jul 17, 2016
We have so much to praise God for,
there's great power in giving honor
to Him. And many of you live that
truth out, every single day of your
lives. The Bible is filled with
examples of praise when we see His
power released - life-changing
miracles, dramatic stories of the
enemy being halted or defeated,
hearts being changed and drawn
closer to Him.
Yet reality is that way
too often, daily struggles or
constant life demands can crowd
out our praise to God. We might
check the worship box at church
and somehow think we’re good for
the week. And all the while, with
souls distant and cold, we sing
words, we listen to music, then we
go home.

Praise and Worship -
Why Should We do it?

God alone is worthy of
our devotion, praise
and worship. He is God,
our Creator, and we are
commanded to praise
and worship Him.
Psalm 96:9 says,
"Worship the Lord in
the splendor of his
holiness; tremble before
him, all the earth."
Psalm 29:2 says, "Give
unto the Lord the glory
due his name; worship
the Lord in the beauty
of holiness."

A.W. Tozer said,
"Without worship, we
go about miserable."
God doesn't want us to
be miserable -- He has
a perfect plan for our
lives. He has done so
many things to show
us that He loves us and
doesn't want us to be
miserable. He wants us
to have hope for a
future with Him --he
wants us to have
eternal life in heaven
with Him.

A life of praise and
worship fills our
deepest needs, and
amazingly, it also
brings great joy to God.
Zephaniah 3:17 states,
"The LORD your God is
with you, he is mighty
to save. He will take
great delight in you, he
will quiet you with his
love, he will rejoice over
you with singing."

Praise and Worship -
How Do We do it?

God tells us how to
praise and worship him
in His Word. John 4:23
says, "Yet a time is
coming and has now
come when the true
worshipers will worship
the Father in spirit and
truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the
Father seeks." In order
to worship God in truth,
we need to know that
Jesus said "I am the
way and the truth and
the life. No one comes
to the Father except
through me." So, before
you can worship in the
way that God desires,
you have to develop a
relationship with Him
through faith in Jesus,
His Son.

The best way that we
can praise and worship
God is with our every
thought and action.
Romans 12:1-2 states,
"Therefore, I urge you,
brothers, in view of
God's mercy, to offer
your bodies as living
sacrifices, holy and
pleasing to God -- this
is your spiritual act of
worship. Do not
conform any longer to
the pattern of this
world, but be
transformed by the
renewing of your mind.

Then you will be able to
test and approve what
God's will is -- his
good, pleasing and
perfect will."
Praise and Worship -
Love from the Heart
Many people think that
praise and worship is
only singing songs at
church, but it is so
much more! It is also a
condition of your heart
-- a willingness to exalt
God and yield to his
will. Worship is an
expression of love and
awe to the God who
gives us more than we
deserve. Whether you
express your worship
by singing, playing
music, dancing or in
some other way,
remember that you are
called to worship God
with your every action,
every day of your life.
God is holy, loving, and
worthy of all our
worship and devotion.

"Love the LORD your
God with all your heart
and with all your soul
and with all your
strength" (Deuteronomy
6:5).

Now. can a Sunday service ever be completed without praise and worship ??

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by c4tnoelz: 5:19am On Jul 17, 2016
counting urslf among the living to rise from the bed safe and sound is a rear privilege that a lot of people wish that for themselves.
So HELL NO skipping praise and worship generally not only Sunday services is not proper in as much as you are praising and worshipping God in spirit and in truth.
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by orisa37: 6:25am On Jul 17, 2016
No. P. R. A. Y. starts with Praise, followed by Revere(Worship) . Ask and Yes you have arrived. Happy Sunday!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 17, 2016
The psalmist said:

''I will enter his gate with thanksgiving and his court with praises.''

So, skipping praise and worship is a PERFECT NO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by ikombe: 7:07am On Jul 17, 2016
Well what do i know

I rarely go to church nowadays undecided

Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by WebSurfer(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2016
If i miss that part, i feel i have missed everything....
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by justicejay(m): 7:08am On Jul 17, 2016
No, that's the only way you appreciate him.
Just like sunday school, you service isn't complete without praises
Sing and dance, stop forming big boys and girls in Gods house, some will even belike look at how this guy is dancing like lunatic but hey mind your words remember what happens to king David's wife who condemn him for rolling on ground for God.
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by Histrings08(m): 7:08am On Jul 17, 2016
Pfft.. Don't deny some people d only opportunity they av to praise throughout the whole week.. So don't!!!
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by Rexhenrex(m): 7:10am On Jul 17, 2016
Thats the last thing i would ever want to miss...because the bible say we can enter the God's presence with praise. I can remember during a service in church as we entered worship segment i told God 3 things i wanted it came to pass that same week because praise and worship spins God on his throne and makes him to bless those who believe in him immeasureably infact since i became an instrumentalist God has never stopped blessing me....happy Sunday everyone and don't miss praise and worship today.

Shout out to all vocalist and instrumentalists let God continue raining his glory through us.like i will always say since God is watching us entertain him doin the right thing.

oya mimzy go to church

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by lonelydora: 7:11am On Jul 17, 2016
Praise and worship is the only thing I enjoy in any church. Skip or Cancel it and see me not coming to church again.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by jericco1(m): 7:11am On Jul 17, 2016
its bad to skip it, but I do skip because of those choir....
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by dumie(f): 7:14am On Jul 17, 2016
That's was the original reason MAN was created

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by millionboi(m): 7:14am On Jul 17, 2016
No try m
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by IceDude(m): 7:18am On Jul 17, 2016
No OP, its just like eating food without meat. Skipping praise\worship will make the service boring.
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by Chuknovski(m): 7:19am On Jul 17, 2016
According to the bible its the best way to get God's attention aside that it's a great way to accord him glory and honour for who he is psalms 103 etc
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by Psalmuel92(m): 7:20am On Jul 17, 2016
NO!...Praise and Worship so powerful!
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by Bennybabe(f): 7:21am On Jul 17, 2016
ikombe:

I rarely go to church nowadays undecided
And you're proud to say it. May the Lord have mercy on you
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by ikombe: 7:24am On Jul 17, 2016
Bennybabe:

And you're proud to say it. May the Lord have mercy on you
LOL grin

I think church is overated
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 17, 2016
Hell No!!dat's the only way i do appreciate my God,then prayer will follow.
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by photoshoot(m): 7:34am On Jul 17, 2016
No,
At all,
That's the best means of communicating with God if you ask me.
I don't mind skipping sermon.
But not praise and worship
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by Wenebadu(f): 7:37am On Jul 17, 2016
NO WAY!!!!
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by DaBullIT(m): 7:39am On Jul 17, 2016
As the spirit guides
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by chachanga: 7:41am On Jul 17, 2016
No, why do that?

There is a progression of congregational service prescribed by the Psalmist.

He said:
1. I will enter his gates with thanskgiving in my heart
2. I will enter his courts wih praise
3. I will say This is The Day that the Lord has made"

Jesus himself taught the disciples to pray saying:

1. Our Father, which hath in Heaven., HALLOWED BE THY NAME"
2. Thy Kingdom come,,
3. Thy Will be done as it is in heaven....

Ps 65 says (and let me paraphrase)
1. Let the people praise Thee ....
2. Then shall the earth yield its increase...

No praise equals to receiving no grace but people do it.

It stems from a skewed or absent perspective of who God is, who you are, what He has done for yiu and actually how little those "pressing issues" that are making you swerve essential spiritual protocols and covenants are!

Now, am not saying such times could come where the exigencies demand for it, such times can be readily excused but when it is done as a practice, its bad and sets the wrong tone/ atmosphere for impartation.

NB
Will modify actual verse references later
Me sef dey go church nw
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by BE811APP: 7:45am On Jul 17, 2016
Nothing is Proper! grin
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by flokii: 7:46am On Jul 17, 2016
I don't think it's proper to miss.. @OP don't you read bible?

Your praise & worship should be far more than ur prayers (requests) and should not just be sundays alone

#cheers.
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by tmxme(m): 7:47am On Jul 17, 2016
The bible says, let you praises / thanksgiving be more than your supplications
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by vickyvwoke3(f): 7:47am On Jul 17, 2016
nope
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by samcolee(m): 7:51am On Jul 17, 2016
NO. Hebrew 10 :24,25 states that "and let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works. Not forsaking our meetings together as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by sandrajazmin(f): 7:54am On Jul 17, 2016
No its not, God eats just praises. So why skip it?
Praise Him and He'l do more.
Re: Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? by waltinnovers: 8:14am On Jul 17, 2016
Praise and worship is the only thing you can give to God after that you will be receiving and is the time our spirit is lifted

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Created Other Planets? / Photos of Pastor Benny Hinn and Wife Renewing Thier Wedding Vows. / Have You Seen This Kind Of Face Before PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.