Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) (29605 Views)

See What I Saw In A Pepsi Drink This Morning(photos) / Terrible.. Look What I Saw In My Drink / 99% Of Cancer Victims Never Saw It Coming, Prevent It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by nex(m): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2012
This is quite possible, but very, very rarely seen in coconuts sold for consumption. It's most likely the coconut which was sold to you had already germinated. When a coconut germinates, the "coconut water" begins to form that mass, which will be the nutrient source for the coconut seedling till its roots become well formed for tapping nutrients from the soil.

2 Likes

Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2012
LOL I'm surprised that my pipu havent yet quoted the bible on this topic grin
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by seedord247(m): 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2012
If you want to know more about this coconut.... Call 1800 - WITCHCRAFT - NIGERIA. angry And press 0 to speak with their representative..... Hope you have the receipt of the coconut. angry grin
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by MhizLee(f): 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2012
Highbros:
I swear! This is a true picture.
I believe him because I have seen it several times. Though I actually couldn't explain how it happened to be in there instead of the usual water.
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by mikuz(m): 9:24pm On Dec 01, 2012
Mavor: The coconut milk solidified for some reason. Was it freeze frozen?

Possibly . . .
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by mamagee3(f): 9:24pm On Dec 01, 2012
It's very weird!!!

But only nature knows the answer
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by mikuz(m): 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2012
nex: This is quite possible, but very, very rarely seen in coconuts sold for consumption. It's most likely the coconut which was sold to you had already germinated. When a coconut germinates, the "coconut water" begins to form that mass, which will be the nutrient source for the coconut seedling till its roots become well formed for tapping nutrients from the soil.

Interesting!
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Lakayana: 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2012
Highbros:
I bought it from a very beautiful girl that was hawking it on my way back from work.
Hope you did not eat the coconut oh she might be of the spirit world.
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by collinsola: 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2012
grin

U buy one coconut,u see jara why u dey shout?

1 Like

Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Lakayana: 9:28pm On Dec 01, 2012
seedord247: If you want to know more about this coconut.... Call 1800 - WITCHCRAFT - NIGERIA. angry And press 0 to speak with their representative..... Hope you have the receipt of the coconut. angry grin
Very funny
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by maclatunji: 9:30pm On Dec 01, 2012
Virick: Go ahead and google "germinating Coconuts" its in the early stages of growing into a tree. The milk has apparently crystallised. There are many recipes one can make with that fluff. Folks, Please smiley.

Thank you for the explanation. OP is looking for sensation where there is none.
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
Op you don offend the god's. go beg them oo grin grin grin tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
Highbros: My heart is still beating faster. Which kind coconut be this??shocked

Take it to a celestial church. U will know its a normal thing for them to see such. grin cheesy
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:34pm On Dec 01, 2012
to be honest , my heart was beating too when i saw this pics. i dont know why it is causing me so much apprehension nearing fear. . undecided
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 01, 2012
Lakayana: Hope you did not eat the coconut oh she might be of the spirit world.

This is one of d reasons why churches get filled up. IGNORAMUS!!!! I really dont blame pastors for buying jets...

1 Like

Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by charlesditro: 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2012
r231:

you don buy ogbanje coconut.....

don't sleep this nite cus she i coming bck for it grin grin
i dey tell you, the girl is coming back for it oo. Ma guy pray for your own good.
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by saintneo(m): 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
nex: This is quite possible, but very, very rarely seen in coconuts sold for consumption. It's most likely the coconut which was sold to you had already germinated. When a coconut germinates, the "coconut water" begins to form that mass, which will be the nutrient source for the coconut seedling till its roots become well formed for tapping nutrients from the soil.
reasonable
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by charlesditro: 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2012
this is a different photo right?
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Curiouscity(m): 9:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
Kids everywhere on Nairaland!!

Is either you've not seen up to 100 dry coconut in ya life. The chance of seeing a dried coconut at various stages of germinating is about 5%. If U are yet to see one doesn't make it impossible.
I have seen it many times especially when my grandma was alive and give us coconut whenever we visit. We should learn to use internet to learn not to spew hatred or expose our ignorance.

Virick: Go ahead and google "germinating Coconuts" its in the early stages of growing into a tree. The milk has apparently crystallised. There are many recipes one can make with that fluff. Folks, Please smiley.

Keep teaching some kids here, God will reward U!

1 Like

Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by pekelepekele(m): 9:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
Na JARA FISI BE DAT
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by topazjosh(m): 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2012
u mean u guys havent c such before,that what happen when a coconut stay too long on is tree,or in a cool place after pluckin it,is about to re grow and shoot out a new leave.
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Yusfull(m): 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2012
collinsola: grin

U buy one coconut,u see jara why u dey shout?

No mind him ooooooo, na hin go ask for jara ooooo
who know wetin he told d gurl before he bought the coconut from her.. you con come here dey cause casala for here...
abeg carry ur bewitched c shocked c shocked nut go museum joor.....
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by igbsam(m): 9:55pm On Dec 01, 2012
I've seen this before somewhere around Badagry, its no strange.
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Onasa22: 9:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
Abomination
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Observator: 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
The coconut is already growing (germinating). Simple!

Kai, Ajebutter plenty for Nairaland o!

A simple occurence in the village.

1 Like

Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by gulfer: 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
Highbros:
I bought it from a very beautiful girl that was hawking it on my way back from work.
Ok, you bought it from the coconut spirit!

1 Like

Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by donPhill(m): 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2012
[size=8pt][/size] bross pray oo, na ogbanje b d@ oo.......but u self, na so dem take de break coconut? ;Dbross pray oo, na ogbanje b d@ oo.......but u self, na so dem take de break coconut?
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Chokolee(m): 10:13pm On Dec 01, 2012
lactemps: There is a possibility of that happening. The Coconut either overstayed on the tree or when it was cut off.
There may be little or no water in it, 'cos the water has been used to 'initiate' the re-growing process.
Onpoint! The bud comes out without roots in the early stage of development. The liquid(water) in the coconut crystalise as a poster rightly said, cos the young bud needs it as nutrients..after some months the shell of the coconut would then break up; that is when it would start to develop roots to tap directly from the soil.

1 Like

Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Chokolee(m): 10:15pm On Dec 01, 2012
Sure..its true[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2012
Chai! No wonder Agriculture is no longer relevant in our nation. Please, you all are advised to apply for admission in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture.
Every coco nut has that fluffy stuff except that they are small in most coco nut but appear when the coco nut start germinating. Other variety may have it as the picture shows but mind you, its just a variety. If it is one in a bunch, then its mutation on the affected nut. Answers to some questions or worries are not in fears but in knowlede.

My farm took are ready for tomorows work.
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by lapaz6410: 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
not a seed. looks like the coconut milk hardened.
Re: Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) by samsy5460(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2012
It is quite normal & harmless really. It is already at the stage of sprouting. I've eaten it several times. Feels like wafers & taste & has a slightly different flavor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? / Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review / One Pot Tomatoes Stew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.