Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants (8716 Views)

Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / List Of Bayelsa State Political Appointees / Dr. Olusegun Mimiko's 563 Political Appointees In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by Djicemob: 10:34am On Dec 01, 2012
Its funny,is dis A̶̲̥̅ growing trend or smtin? 1 day u say dis,d oda day u say u didn't,plus A̶̲̥̅ news is reported abt A̶̲̥̅ celeb wit proves,d next day he/she denies it.1st its ksolo,terry g,to-to decay,joseph benjamin,sanusi now and more to come.smh cos can't say lol again.
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by Adex097: 10:36am On Dec 01, 2012
[quote autahor=yuzedo]Whether he meant Civil Servants or/and Political Appointees, he is right!

REDUCE THE NUMBERS!

Sack 50% of Civil Servants.
Sack 70% of Political Appointees.

Instead of retaining redundant Civil Servants, let the government start a welfare system. That'd be better and more honest than paying people for doing diddly-squat and stealing while doing diddly-squat....
[/quote] i stil cant bliev dat som pple jst decide 2 tak actions without luking at d long run effects. If 50% of d civil servants ar sacked jst because he thinks we spend lots of money in paying their salaries, wil d remaining 50% be capable of making d money 100% wil make? The answer is no! He should focus on cuttng d salaries of govt officials who receive huge amount of money as salaries including himself. How can d president of a developing country like nigeria be d third highest paid head of state in d whole world dis is absurd. 4r those dat said dat the 18,000 minimum wage is nt enough 4r d civil servants, i wil lyk 2 tel u dat d minimum wage has not been paid ...my mum is a civil servant nd her salary has nt increased by a single kobo. Buh some state govt has strted payment
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by confusion247(m): 10:42am On Dec 01, 2012
lacasa:

Dnt mind those set of Haters angry

They get hard-ons 1ce they hear/see a Hausa/Muslim angry

Wen the Southerners & Christian we have as President is worse than any one mentioned. Slowpokes!!.
So IBB and ABACHA even farouk lawal are all idols worthy of emulation? Retarded minds.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by mmmustapha(m): 10:43am On Dec 01, 2012
Sentimentism is killing us we youths, there's no way a country can devolop like dis. God help us
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by Samxiulee: 11:00am On Dec 01, 2012
bakusha: Nw coming out 2deny it, y dnt he say political apointing 4rm †ђξ bginn. Na wao who we go cm D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ blif nw? †ђξ man d̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ said or dia rep (speaker)
did u read his first speech @ the lecture?he never called for the sack of the civil service,it was just the media twisting his statement to sell papers,remember that none of the TV media reported him to have said that,I was a victim of his tsunami but the reality is that if he didn't do what he did that time close to 30% of depositors in the bank then would have lost their money,which will be disastrous to the economy,I never agreed with him on the 5000 naira note,and I dnt like the way he was arrogant about it,thank God the govt cancelled it,but we are all humans and sometimes we think we know best,but on the average I think he is honest and he has the goodwill of the nation @ hand.
Ps I have problem with most northerners cos of the way they kill ppl without any good reason,but this guy am rooting for him to be our president one day.
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by ektbear: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2012
Civil service should also be reduced, truth be told
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 01, 2012
The system is corrupt. A virus has entered the system. Gradually it spreading like a wildfire and only time is on it‘s way to get into the heart of which when it does the whole system would come crashing.
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by Caseless: 11:27am On Dec 01, 2012
ochallo: sanusi is a coward, he meant civil servants too, he did the same with the banks and the banks still didn't improve but where eventually sold and still on a dead end road till now. This man has no human feelings, he is a cattle rearer and an extremist. This is the same person that wanted to print N5000 notes , what a confused 2 timing idiiot.
senator ochallo, he has come out to deny that, so why the insult again? Are u one of those at the national assembly affected by his statement? Smh....
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by Samxiulee: 11:36am On Dec 01, 2012
sad
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by sweetgala(m): 11:55am On Dec 01, 2012
The man speaks the truth. This is what Yoruba people mean when they say "the truth might sometimes be revealed by someone lacking sanity"
Sanusi is an asiwèrè but he has revealed our prime problem , 75% of our revenue goes to servicing the government. 10% is looted, 5% goes toward militant settlement only about 5% or less is left for development.
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by naijanaweown: 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
he has changed because d people lambasted him.he shld think very well next time b4 making comments.
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by camelus: 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
Sanusi u can neva deceive us, aя̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ u telling ๓ӛ u neva knew †̥̥Ђӛ actual word τ̅☺ use @ †̥̥Ђӛ initial stage.U ђA̶̲̥̅√ξ JƱ$τ̲̅ passed ΰя̩̥̊ msg aπϑ we got ȋ̝̊̅̄†̥̥,
Anti-Masses,antichrist,agent ☺Ƒ darkness. Mitchewwwww!
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by seunajia: 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
The likes of Ochallo are the ones holding us down in this country. Anyone that has had an interaction with any of the federal or state ministries will testify Nigerian civil servants are lazy and redundant. Some are never on sit, they are either at Tejuosho trading or just loitering about gisting. And when you finally manage to hold them down, you'll have their incompetence and bureaucratic bottlenecks to deal with. Ofcourse, the bottlenecks are their machinations, you must grease their palms to make them do their jobs! angry

It is dumb really, you don't have a balance of trade and you expect your economy to grow. We bring in filled containers and send back empty ones! Those containers should normally go back to where they came from with made in Nigeria goods!

How can you talk of foreign reserves when your people are dying of hunger?! Smh

We must fix power, reduce the power at the center(regionalism) and downside the government; then can we talk of an industrial revolution.

If we don't kick these baboons and their ilks out of the system, we'll end up like the older generation.

These vampires! They pretend to be elements of change whereas all they want is the continuation of the status quo. Nigerian youths! Your future is in your hands!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by Flexskillz(m): 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2012
Like i posted before, the issue is not just the size of the workforce but the enumeration that goes with these public offices. Of what use is it to reduce the current size by half and double their entitlements? In my opinion: slash all their earnings by 70% so that if you are goin for a public service you will go with the mind to serve not to enrich yourself.
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by Dede1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2012
I guess federal government should start the work force reduction by eliminating Sanusi’s position as governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria which is one among series of political appointments.

I am amazed there is no massive protest in Nigeria calling for the dismissal of this goon for his political gaffe
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by dBard: 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
bakusha: Nw coming out 2deny it, y dnt he say political apointing 4rm †ђξ bginn. Na wao who we go cm D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ blif nw? †ђξ man d̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅τ̲̅ said or dia rep (speaker)

maybe if u all had read d speech instead of joining d band wagon condemnation as is common here, u all won't ve t eat ur words. watched it n was surprised at d backlash he was getting. Now, here we are... smh
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by dBard: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
bakusha: Nw coming out 2deny it, y dnt he say political apointing 4rm †ђξ bginn. Na wao who we go cm D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ blif nw? †ђξ man d̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅τ̲̅ said or dia rep (speaker)

maybe if u all had read d speech instead of joining d band wagon condemnation as is common here, u all won't ve t eat ur words. watched it n was surprised at d backlash he was getting. Now, here we are undecided... smh
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by baslone: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
caseless: senator ochallo, he has come out to deny that, so why the insult again? Are u one of those at the national assembly affected by his statement? Smh....

The answer has been posted earlier.

mmmustapha: Sentimentism is killing us we youths, there's no way a country can devolop like dis. God help us
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by Bongoman1: 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2012
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by drnoel: 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2012
well as well as i don't like the man he seem to have thought this one out well. My question is let say political appointee are reduced by half how much naira would Nigeria save? I think not much unless these political appointee are making more than 2Million a head a month. What do u guys think?
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by naptu2: 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2012
How many special assistants do public officers have? How many cars are allocated to them (factor in the cost of fuelling and driver's salary)? How many people stay in official quarters (furnished with public funds)?

How many redundant parastatals are there? Why should we have a Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps with a large number of uniformed officers (do we know what a civil defence corp is meant to be)?

Why should the government fund the Super Eagles, Flying Eagles, Falcons, etc?

Why should the sports minister, tourism minister, etc have police orderlies and sss aides?

Why should we have funny allowances like "newspaper allowance"?

Many more questions.
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by 76Naira(m): 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
Mr Sanusi,

Its because of people like you who speak up that Nigeria might just still have a future.
Do not waver; you stated the obvious.

If as a Nigerian you are not ashamed of the situation, then you most likely do not know how good things could be.

God help our dying nation heal.

God bless our land.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by killuminati(m): 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
confusion247:
So IBB and ABACHA even farouk lawal are all idols worthy of emulation? Retarded minds.
Ode! IBB, Abacha and Farouk, does those names up there sounds like SLS?

Abi you nor wise?

Wake up jorrrrrr!!!!!!!

PS: your username tells alot about your confused life!
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by ikachi1: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
I see your point Emir Sanusi! This is the power of being heard. I was really astonished at the insinuation that he called for the elimination of 50% of the civil service work force. I think he has not said anything strange or new here. Nigerians have been crying of these bloated numbers of political appointees in all levels of government. A nation where recurrent expenses far outweigh the capital one is obviously towing the wrong path. I also think that the cost of corruption in this country overshadows our needs for infrastructural development. If we cut down on corruption by 50%, the savings and effect on our economy could be unimaginable.
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by salolo(m): 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
enough mr CBN
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by delors(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2012
This guys is sound...and I think he has a point...over to Jona! undecided
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by ZEN(m): 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2012
If you are analytical and deep in thought you will know Sanusi is on drugs.yes.no sane man talk such.consequence management at play here.
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by mu2sa2: 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2012
chiover: So so on point malam, i tink 30 ministers can serve us
Even 15 or less will do.How many ministers had we in the 1970s (then called federal commissioners)?
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by GeneralGaricks: 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2012
Fatdon: The governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has lashed out on those calling for his sack over his purported statement that the federal government should reduce the work force in the country.

Speaking to Channels Television’s correspondent, Chukwuma Onuekwusi, in London at the end of the 13th session of the Honorary International Investors council meeting, Mr Sanusi said that those calling for his sack “are shying away from the reality of the time”.

He said he was not talking about the sack of civil servants but a reduction in the size of political appointees who take 70 percent of government revenue leaving a mere 30 percent for the 160 million Nigerians.

According to him “what Nigeria is practising is an American system of government that is very expensive”.

He said that he cannot join issues with anyone calling for his sack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUazPIQAJoE

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/30/sanusi-lashes-back-at-those-calling-for-his-sack/

A man who thinks after talking is called s. tupid.... wink
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by DonaldGenes(m): 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
Fatdon: I think the man has a solid point. The
country's style of democratic
governance is obviously too expensive
for us. You can imagine a situation
where mr President appoints over 40
ministers and same number of people as ministers of state for such numbers
of ministries, and each of them will in
turn, be entitled to employ a large
number of retiny of special assistants
and advicers and they'll be on huge
salaries and allowances and most of the time, these people have nothing
tangible to show for all the monies
paid to them. It is this class of people
that should have their numbers
reduced, not the ordinary civil servant,
whose N18,000 minimum wage, can barely be enough for him.
You have said it all
Re: Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants by surveycash(m): 7:50am On Jan 01, 2013
On behalf of Surveycash & Family, I am wishing you
all a wonderful, bountiful and prosperous 2013 in good health and wealth.
Amen

Hot Selling Tablet PC with 3G SIM Card Slot
https://www.nairaland.com/1146374/new-hot-sale-android-tablet

(1) (2) (Reply)

SHOCKING!!! Names Of Pastors That Collected N6-billion As Bribe From PDP To Blas / May 29 Handover Ceremony: IG, Arase Orders Tight Security Nationwide / Sugar Mummy/daddy Hookup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.