Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! (1565 Views)

THE FOLLY Of Afterlife / Sunday Service Versus Mid-week Service / The Fallacy, Folly And Fault Of Nigerian Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Sirniyeh(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2012
It's becoming a custom in the Christendom by how many churches schedule their midweek services to be held in early mornings of Mon-Fri when members ought to be in their respective places of work. Some churches midweek services usually schedule for 9am, 10am, 11am etc. The question is, is Monday to Friday time to work or time to go to church?
A sister of RCCG got her sack letter yesterday. This sister will be the first to appear in church on sunday by 7am but will be the last to resume office by 10am. After several warnings and queries with which she did not change, she was sacked.
Why do pastors schedle programmes for early morning during the weeks? Were they instructed to do so by God? Could it be that many christians are self-decieved? Will sacrifising secular job time for church activities a sensible act or attracts a special blessing?
I can not answer the questions myself. This needs more elaboration. Pls, how is it happening in your area?
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Goshen360(m): 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2012
OP! OP!! OP!!!,

How many times did I call you You berrer don't say anything against the church of God, we are God's anointed and as such, we cannot be corrected even when we act foolishly at times. Very soon, they will storm this thread and call you names....I have warned you oooo...... grin Make I run comot from here before them come catch me.... cool
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by deebrain(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2012
I think mid week services used to be in the evenings. When did they start making it in the morning? Its only deliverance programs or counselling cases or appointments that are the morning..abi?
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Sirniyeh(m): 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
Goshen360: OP! OP!! OP!!!,

How many times did I call you You berrer don't say anything against the church of God, we are God's anointed and as such, we cannot be corrected even when we act foolishly at times. Very soon, they will storm this thread and call you names....I have warned you oooo...... grin Make I run comot from here before them come catch me.... cool
It is not a surprise as we all know that we have some educated illiterates parading themselves as children of God. If you dont have answer to the questions asked, why opening your stinking mouth abusing. Dog who dares to lost will not hearken to the hunter's whistle.
Is church activity an excuse to come late to your secular job? This is crucial point of discussion to aid the opening of the eyes of understanding of people like you. The lady was sack, who is next? It could be foolish you. Is the sack a good testimony for a such christian?
Ah, many people perish for the lack of understanding. Goshen, repent and accept the truth before you explode in....!
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Optimisticgondy(m): 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2012
@Sirniyeh. why don't you reply my mails Sir
?
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
@sirniyeh
goshen was talking in codes.
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Sirniyeh(m): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2012
babaearly: @sirniyeh
Baba-de-baba, dont mind him. Yeye dey worry him
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Thekeeper(m): 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2012
Sirniyeh. .abeg enter 2go naa make wè talk. .dis ur silence get as e dey do me o. .:-(
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Joagbaje(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
Sirniyeh: It's becoming a custom in the Christendom by how many churches schedule their midweek services to be held in early mornings of Mon-Fri when members ought to be in their respective places of work. Some churches midweek services usually schedule for 9am, 10am, 11am etc. The question is, is Monday to Friday time to work or time to go to church?

Do they force people to attend?

A sister of RCCG got her sack letter yesterday. This sister will be the first to appear in church on sunday by 7am but will be the last to resume office by 10am. After several warnings and queries with which she did not change, she was sacked.

If someone is careless with her job , why should the church take the blame? Does church teach people to be slothful? Pastors do teach people to have right attitude to work.

Romans 12:11
Never be lazy in your work. . ..

Why do pastors schedle programmes for early morning during the weeks? Were they instructed to do so by God?

Did God fix mid week services? The early church met daily. It's a matter of personal convenience. Those who can't meet up with evening meetings attend early hours according to convenience

1 Like

Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Goshen360(m): 8:35pm On Dec 01, 2012
Sirniyeh:
It is not a surprise as we all know that we have some educated illiterates parading themselves as children of God. If you dont have answer to the questions asked, why opening your stinking mouth abusing. Dog who dares to lost will not hearken to the hunter's whistle.
Is church activity an excuse to come late to your secular job? This is crucial point of discussion to aid the opening of the eyes of understanding of people like you. The lady was sack, who is next? It could be foolish you. Is the sack a good testimony for a such christian?
Ah, many people perish for the lack of understanding. Goshen, repent and accept the truth before you explode in....!

Abeg no vex na..... grin Me and you get quarrel before Anyway, the person who understood me has spoken,

babaearly: @sirniyeh

Do you understand now.....I'll ignore your insult anyway.... cool
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

Do they force people to attend?

If someone is careless with her job , why should the church take the blame? Does church teach people to be slothful? Pastors do teach people to have right attitude to work.

Romans 12:11
Never be lazy in your work. . ..

Did God fix mid week services? The early church met daily. It's a matter of personal convenience. Those who can't meet up with evening meetings attend early hours according to convenience

So, what are you saying? Is it right to hold services at a time inconvinient for the majority?
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by saintvc(m): 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2012
There is notin wrong in midweek mas. But pastor and church member shud discus d timing. Prefarable evenin
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Joagbaje(m): 12:04am On Dec 02, 2012
Reyginus: So, what are you saying? Is it right to hold services at a time inconvinient for the majority?

There's no convenient time for everybody . A pastor should do what God leads him to do. Paul had daily teachings ,Jesus held meeting with over 5,000 people for days . It's not every body who went for the metings but those who could make it. I'm not aware that solddiers abandoned their duty posts for Jesus meeting. Wisdom is a defense . If a church has special programm so be it.

Acts 5:42
And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:46
And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

It's not every programme that appeals to everybody. If church programme clashes with work ,simply take permission from either .
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 02, 2012
Joagbaje:

There's no convenient time for everybody . A pastor should do what God leads him to do. Paul had daily teachings ,Jesus held meeting with over 5,000 people for days . It's not every body who went for the metings but those who could make it. I'm not aware that solddiers abandoned their duty posts for Jesus meeting. Wisdom is a defense . If a church has special programm so be it.

Acts 5:42
And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:46
And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

It's not every programme that appeals to everybody. If church programme clashes with work ,simply take permission from either .
But there is a convinient time for the majority. Are their not better ways meetings can be held without going to the church?
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by plaetton: 7:42am On Dec 02, 2012
C'mon guys.
We all know that it is just part of the brainwashing techniques.
Keep the mind constantly infused and hermetically sealed with toxic trash on a daily basis, and not long after,you would have yourself a perfect, custom made zombie or hoards of zombies.

The whole idea of these midweek services, is , first of all, it gurantees more revenue, as well as to keep the collective firmly tuned to the MATRIX, from whence they get their regular doses of their religious d.ope. Leaving them on their own for too long might result in relapses into independent thought and common sense.
That would not be good for the god business.
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 02, 2012
plaetton: C'mon guys.
these midweek services, is , first of all, it gurantees more revenue, as well as to keep the collective firmly tuned to the MATRIX, from whence they get their regular doses of their religious d.ope.
That would not be good for the good business.
You have a point here.
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Sirniyeh(m): 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
Joagbaje:

Do they force people to attend

My dear pastor Joe, it is profitable to hit the nail on the head. There is indirect compulsion for people especially members not to miss any church programme. Pastors will tell you coming to church is the best profitable thing that can guaranty heaven. In the course of that, they make minds obsessed with fear of not offending God by absence from service.
Many hold anointing services 7am. New month anointing services, a 3-day programmes schedule for 1-2-3 which mostly fall within mon-fri. Pastor will tell you, "you must not miss the programmes if you want the best from that month." that fear will make the mumus to neglect their jobs for church service. Is this right? Is it biblical? Why even any midweek atall, both morning and evening? I need answer from you. The fear of heaven is the beginning of foolishness.
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Sirniyeh(m): 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
Optimisticgondy: @Sirniyeh. why don't you reply my mails Sir
?
Sorry, I did not receive any email from you again. You that I respond to emails immediately, so let me hear from you. How is the development?
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Optimisticgondy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
Sirniyeh:
Sorry, I did not receive any email from you again. You that I respond to emails immediately, so let me hear from you. How is the development?
Really Sir? I sent mails to your email: sai*tch**t@ovi.com for over two weeks now with no reply. Have you got a new email address? I'm trying with the development
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by plaetton: 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2012
Reyginus: You have a point here.

I'm surprised that we can agree on something.
wink
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Image123(m): 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2012
A fool has no delight in
understanding, but that his heart
may discover itself. Proverbs18.
Jo has already answered the questions.
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
plaetton:

I'm surprised that we can agree on something.
wink
Lololol. Ofcourse. B-)
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by MrAnony1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
@OP,
I can't see why the time a church chooses to meet is such a big issue for you. What exactly is your problem with what times an organization chooses to have it's meetings?
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by plaetton: 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
Mr_Anony: @OP,
I can't see why the time a church chooses to meet is such a big issue for you. What exactly is your problem with what times an organization chooses to have it's meetings?

Where you live in the UK, do churches or religious organizations conduct services and meetings during the working hours of a business day?
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by MrAnony1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 02, 2012
plaetton:

Where you live in the UK, do churches or religious organizations conduct services and meetings during the working hours of a business day?
What if they did? Why should it be anyone's headache what time they chose to meet?
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by plaetton: 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
Mr_Anony:
What if they did? Why should it be anyone's headache what time they chose to meet?

Answer the question.
Dont start dodging now. It is a matter of common sense on one hand, and stupidity on the other.
Unless, when it comes to ur religion, anything goes. Is that your position?.
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by MrAnony1(m): 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
plaetton:

Answer the question.
Dont start dodging now. It is a matter of common sense on one hand, and stupidity on the other.
Unless, when it comes to ur religion, anything goes. Is that your position?.
Lol, last I checked, I was the one who first asked exactly what the Op's headache is with what time a church chooses to have their meetings. You were the first to start answering that question with a question.

So please don't start dodging now and answer my question: Why exactly does it bother you what time an organization chooses to have it's meetings?
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by plaetton: 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
^^^^^
The great tragedy of religion is when people like you, people whom we all assume to be smart and somewhat enlightened, casually throw away common sense and reason just to defend what is clearly indefensible acts of faith bordering on stupidity and madness.
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by plaetton: 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, last I checked, I was the one who first asked exactly what the Op's headache is with what time a church chooses to have their meetings. You were the first to start answering that question with a question.

So please don't start dodging now and answer my question: Why exactly does it bother you what time an organization chooses to have it's meetings?

You asked the op one question, and I asked you another.
Are you shy or afraid to answer my question?

Ok let me answer your on behalf of the op.
It is sheer stupidity to schedule religious services of any sort during the working hours of a business day, unless it is specifically tailored for unemployed people who have nothing at all to do with their productive time.
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by Goshen360(m): 7:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
@ Mr Anony, my dear brother

I do not think you should argue or debate this issue. The point here is, weekdays time (not after work period, say like after 7/8pm) is meant for work period. No body say Churches should not hold service during the weekdays but the time of the weekdays is the issue here except such service is meant for unemployed who do not have job, people like me, being jobless..... grin. It is totally wrong to schedule Christian midweek service during members' work hours and some foolish members trying to please God and their pastor, forcing themselves to attend and loosing the job. This is the main point.
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by MrAnony1(m): 7:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
plaetton: ^^^^^
The great tragedy of religion is when people like you, people whom we all assume to be smart and somewhat enlightened, casually throw away common sense and reason just to defend what is clearly indefensible acts of faith bordering on stupidity and madness.
Lol, this doesn't even deserve a response, let's look at your next post....

plaetton:

You asked the op one question, and I asked you another.
Are you shy or afraid to answer my question?

Ok let me answer your on behalf of the op.
It is sheer stupidity to schedule religious services of any sort during the working hours of a business day, unless it is specifically tailored for unemployed people who have nothing at all to do with their productive time.
Well what you've really said here is "I think it is stupid therefore it is stupid".

What about services aimed at those who work from home or own their own businesses or have that particular time off, or whatever that makes the time convenient for them.

Furthermore, what of those who feel that that time spent in church is more important than the time spent at the workplace? There are many reasons why one would choose to attend a church service during working hours.

The question is how exactly is it your problem? If you don't like it, you don't have to attend but then branding it stupidity just because you don't like the idea doesn't hold any logical water.

Now to the question you asked earlier about the UK
plaetton:

There is no law in the UK against what days and what times religious organizations can hold meetings, in fact you can get a pass to take a particular day off work if your religion meets on that day or your religion demands you don't work on that day. Your employer will respect your religion. Have I answered your question?
Re: Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! by MrAnony1(m): 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
Goshen360: @ Mr Anony, my dear brother

I do not think you should argue or debate this issue. The point here is, weekdays time (not after work period, say like after 7/8pm) is meant for work period. No body say Churches should not hold service during the weekdays but the time of the weekdays is the issue here except such service is meant for unemployed who do not have job, people like me, being jobless..... grin. It is totally wrong to schedule Christian midweek service during members' work hours and some foolish members trying to please God and their pastor, forcing themselves to attend and loosing the job. This is the main point.
My brother,
I really don't see a problem with it. It is not by force to attend these services, no matter what time they are held. If it suits you, go ahead and attend. If it doesn't suit you, then don't attend. It is as simple as that really.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hello Every One, Has Any One Seen FROSBEL? Am Missing Him 1000much. / Short Lessons... Lesson 1. Why Does The Bible Say "To The Jew First" / The Return Of Nimrod(the Anti-christ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.