Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

THE FOLLY Of Afterlife - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE FOLLY Of Afterlife (4063 Views)

A Fool Sayeth In His Heart..... ( Drapetomania And The Folly Of Atheism ) / The Folly Of The Wise / The Folly Of Wickedness a timely warning - Please spread this message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
I was still very young when i heard a neighbour says : " A Living Dog is better than a dead lion" !! As a young child, i ponder on those words but didnt understand , IT WAS While i started growin up that i came to realize the meaning of that statement ,

I NOTICED that since to go to America, a person must obtain a VISA , and i see people doing anything to obtain it.... Yet i was also told that to go to heaven, the Visa is death !!! But my people dont wanna die.

I see the so-called religious leaders doing anything to receive the best medical treatment !! I Read thru news about how many people will exchange anything on behalf of their lives.

Armed robbers attack and u will see our people saying "sir , i will give you anything! I mean anything! Just SPARE OUR LIVES!" and that one will reply in an angry voice " where is the money, u collected yesterday"the family head will answer " #stammering with an high racing heartbeat# ittsss inside the bedroommm o"!! Even the so-call religious ones ar guilty of dis

3 Likes

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
I Read times without number how pastors gave out offerin money to arm robbers TO SAVE THEIR LIVE , AND AVOID DEATH !!! ..

I also see the so-called christians givin testimonies of how God save their lives from a particular danger !! Then i wonder " why should you thank God for taking away such a golden opportunity for you to be in heaven ;Just a gun shot&u are there !!" .

It wasnt long b4 i got the clue , i notice that if people have a good paying Job , Awesome car , nice house , comforting family ...They dont wanna talk about death !!!

If u tell such a rich &comfortable man "he will die tommorow" he will either curse u back or accuse u of cursin him ,is dat a curse ? Well its a curse bcoz there is one truth we all lack ,my mind went bak to my neighbours word,i cant just bliv its in the Bible "A Live dog is better off than a dead lion" Ask WHY?? It answers "for the living know that they will die;" but, pls relax as d truth explode...."AS For the dead, they know nothing at all"Ecc 9:4,5,10

2 Likes

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by sinequanon: 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
I can find a REASONABLE explanation for such behavior, and I am not even religious. So, I would say that the main folly is trying to apply common logic to things transcendental.

From my own perspective, I would say that the word "afterlife" is a misnomer. The transcendental life is here now if we care to pay attention to it, and to within whatever limits we are able to while encumbered with our physical concerns. Implied is the insight that consciousness does not require the physical body, and the physical body does not entirely block transcendental experience.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Yooguyz: 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
R.a.pists Should Be Treated Respectfully During A Ra.pe--watchtower(1988061) by paulGrundy(m): 11:21pm On Nov 08

BERNIMORE: evidence of mispelling words before yooguyz change it

CANTICLES/BERNIMORE

Are you blind? Or are you just plain stupid?

2 Likes

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Yooguyz: 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
CANTICLES:
I Read times without number how pastors gave out offering money to arm robbers TO SAVE THEIR LIVE , AND AVOID DEATH !!! ... I also see the so-called christians givin testimonies of how God save their lives from a particular danger !! Then i wonder " why should you thank God for taking away such a golden opportunity for you to be in heaven ;Just a gun shot&u are there !!" ... It wasnt long that i got the clue , i notice that if people have a good paying Job , Awesome car , nice house , comforting family ...They dont wanna talk about death !!! If u tell such a rich &comfortable man "he will die tommorow" he will either curse u back or accuse u of cursin him ,is dat a curse ? Well its a curse bcoz there is one truth we all lack ,my mind went bak to my neighbours word,i cant just bliv its in the Bible "A Live dog is better off than a dead lion" Ask WHY?? It answers "for the living know that they will die;" but, pls relax as d truth explode...."AS For the dead, they know nothing at all"Ecc 9:4,5,10

Why would you be quoting paulGrundy as me in this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/1988061/r.a.pists-should-treated-respectfully-during

angry
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2014
The FOLLY of afterlife; nobody wanna die

1 Like

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by dorox(m): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2014
CANTICLES:
When you hear these people give testimonies of how they miraculously escape death, then you can't help but wonder how a person who believes he/she is heaven bound dreads death even more than an atheist.
It all goes to show that deep down they are not convinced of the belief they profess.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2014
dorox:

When you hear these people give testimonies of how they miraculously escape death, then you can't help but wonder how a person who believes he/she is heaven bound dreads death even more than an atheist.
It all goes to show that deep down they are not convinced of the belief the profess.
Infact Bro, how many of them can say amen to this prayer " die tomorrow" ?? They will say its a curse ! Why should such a beautiful words that can lead to an afterlife be a curse !!! Somtin is wrong somwhere ! That d folly behind afterlife

1 Like

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Yooguyz: 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
CANTICLES:
Infact Bro, how many of them can say amen to this prayer " die tomorrow" ?? They will say its a curse ! Why should such a beautiful words that can lead to an afterlife be a curse !!! Somtin is wrong somwhere ! That d folly behind afterlife

BERNIMORE/CANTICLES:
can you just see how candour and francistony could recognise you as paulgrundy 'impersonator'? you are finished with this your homosexual case hanging on you everywhere you go like a shaddow

just passing!

Liar! Candour and francistony never recognized me as Paul grundy.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
dorox:

It all goes to show that deep down they are not convinced of the belief the profess.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by lastmessenger: 11:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
CANTICLES:
The fact that nobody wants to die is the proof that there is an afterlife.it is a natural desire to keep living and not die. God placed it in us as a clue that he has prepared another life for us.

1 Like

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 9:53am On Nov 26, 2014
lastmessenger:

The fact that nobody wants to die is the proof that there is an afterlife.it is a natural desire to keep living and not die. God placed it in us as a clue that he has prepared another life for us.
Awake From slumber bro ..... If its true there is an afterlife in a beautiful heaven, everybody will commit suicide so as to change location!!! Do u see them doing this ?? Why would the ordinary man say they sud cut his hands rather he dyin? .... What we have is " life" !! No beforelife or afterlife ( isa 26:14)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 9:56am On Nov 26, 2014
lastmessenger:

Awake From slumber bro ..... If its true there is an afterlife in a beautiful heaven, everybody will commit suicide so as to change location!!! Do u see them doing this ?? Why would the ordinary man tell his doctor they sud cut his pain striken hands rather he dead? Why would people run from a bus when the driver said 'dis bus will lead u all to heaven straight', everybody quickly came down, ....What we have is " life" !! No beforelife or afterlife ( isa 26:14)
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by queensley55(f): 10:24am On Nov 26, 2014
We are not scared to die,we are afraid of leaving the people we love,we teach the gospel we preach about heaven but we have no proof accept the bible so i guess even religious men are afraid of where they're going after here..
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by dorox(m): 10:45am On Nov 26, 2014
queensley55:
We are not scared to die,we are afraid of leaving the people we love,we teach the gospel we preach about heaven but we have no proof accept the bible so i guess even religious men are afraid of where they're going after here..
When you hear people give testimonies in church and make thanks giving to their pastor on account of their narrow escape from death, you get the sense that they are truly afraid of death.
If heaven is real and tangible to them, then their testimonies would have been of how they almost made it to heaven, and they would not be giving thaks for missing out on heaven.
Indeed, death is the enemy of all men, and the bible tells us that it is the last enemy that will be put under Jusus' feet. So until that time when the sting of death is no more, humans will continue to dread death for it is an enemy and not a friend that sends us to heaven on dying.

1 Like

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 10:52am On Nov 26, 2014
dorox:

When you hear people give testimonies in church and make thanks giving to their pastor on account of their narrow escape from death, you get the sense that they are truly afraid of death.
If heaven is real and tangible to them, then their testimonies would have been of how they almost made it to heaven, and they would not be giving thaks for missing out on heaven.
Indeed, death is the enemy of all men, and the bible tells us that it is the last enemy that will be put under Jusus' feet. So until that time when the sting of death is no more, humas will continue to dread death for it is an enemy and not a friend that sends us to heaven on dying.
Wowwwwwww ...... 'Death is an Enemy' 1 cor 15:26
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2014
Their natural instinct knows that there is no heaven But their beliefs wants dem to think so

1 Like

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Weah96: 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
The day I see a Christian PRETEND that God exists for real, then I'll cut off my left hand.

If there was a God, the people who KNEW this for a fact would ACT like it.

They would NEVER tell lies, no matter how trivial.
Why would you tell a lie, if there are bigger issues at stake than keeping your job, friendship, marriage, or whatever it is you're protecting?

1 Like

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by 2prexios: 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
Weah96:
The day I see a Christian PRETEND that God exists for real, then I'll cut off my left hand.

Why would you tell a lie, if there are bigger issues at stake than keeping your job, friendship, marriage, or whatever it is you're protecting?
Your standard for the existence of God reveal your maniac.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by 2prexios: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
Weah96:

Your standard for the existence of God reveal your maniac. If you don't do all these even as atheist, you wont know them. If you do, how does it (situation ethics) prove or disapprove God's existence? Enjoy your atheism, it gives you all, relevance.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by 2prexios: 6:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
Op, it is your fooly that matter the most. You read and choose your beliefs, you rely on the experience of others to conclude, you don't have any personal experience of your own but you have the final say? To prove the fooly of afterlife, die first, then come back alive with proof.

2 Likes

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Weah96: 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
2prexios:
Your standard for the existence of God reveal your maniac. If you don't do all these even as atheist, you wont know them. If you do, how does it (situation ethics) prove or disapprove God's existence? Enjoy your atheism, it gives you all, relevance.

Nah, you're the mo)ron.

If your God is omnipotent, and omniscient, and you know for a fact that he's watching every single thing YOU do, why would you want to antagonize such a figure? It doesn't make sense.

When in Rome, behave like a Roman. If I knew such an entity to be real, I would NEVER tell a lie again. What's the purpose of telling lies or "sinning" when my as)s is on the line?

Given that scenario, that there exists an omniscient figure who monitors my daily activities and hates lies, what could be the benefit of telling a lie, ANY lie?

Id)iot. You don't know anything. That's why you sin and pray for forgiveness. If you really KNEW this retributive God existed, you wouldn't have committed ANY sin in the first place.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by 2prexios: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2014
You are in such a bad mood over the god that
you know does not exist, what in this world makes you happy? Even if God does exist,
your mood cannot tolerate knowing him, and your intellect is not fertile enough to see beyond your horizon.
Do I care if a god exist or not? I care, because life has meaning, and the environment daily maintain natural harmony. It is supernatural, beyond the power of man. I am
grateful to my Creator and the Creator of
life. I hallow his name in all languages. I am less concern about God's business, (omni-whatever?) I have
mine to maintain. I am not in a miserable state of mind
because of 'how men describe God' to me, I have good sense, I can
think on my own. My God is not a jobless God hiding everywhere, monitoring me and looking out when I will offend him so he can convict me. God is love. He has never complain about me to you, so leave me to him, then Stop feeding your imagination with anger, you are fighting the unseen, only mad people does that.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Weah96: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2014
2prexios:
You are in a bad mood over the god that you know does not exist, even if he does, your mood cannot tolerate knowing him. Do I care if a god exist or not? But I am grateful to my Creator and the Creator of life. I hallow his name in all language. I am less concern about God's business, I have mine. I am not in a miserable state of mind because of 'how men describe God', I can think on my own.

Whatever.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
2prexios:
Op, it is your fooly that matter the most. You read and choose your beliefs, you rely on the experience of others to conclude, you don't have any personal experience of your own but you have the final say? To prove the fooly of afterlife, die first, then come back alive with proof.

False Religion Have Fool you all ..... God said: "YOU are dust, and to dust [/b]YOU[b] shall RETURN" Gen 3:19 !! The pronoun " YOU" is not just the flesh ... Its a whole being !

" the living know that they will die, but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all" Ecc 9:5,10 !!!

1 Like

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
2prexios:

False Religion Have Fool you all ..... God said: "YOU are dust, and to dust YOU shall RETURN" Gen 3:19 !! The pronoun "YOU" is not just the flesh ... Its a whole being ! Supply d Noun and we will have " Adam is dust and to dust Adam shall return" !

" the living know that they will die, but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all" Ecc 9:5,10 !!!
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Yooguyz: 9:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
2prexios, what do you have to say about what CANTICLES/BERNIMORE just wrote?
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by 2prexios: 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
Yooguyz:
2prexios, what do you have to say about what CANTICLES/BERNIMORE just wrote?
Canticle has a valid argument as to 'you are dust' and 'the dead knows nothing' passage. Thats the original hebrew cosmology. In the days of Christ, there were two parties, the Saducee and the Pharisee. One believe in ressurection, and the other don't. Christ was preaching ascention of the saints (he led captives in his train) and ressurection of the dead. But after Christ, the Hellenist churchfathers took over. They synchronize ressurrection with platonic 'myth of the cave', and since then, rapture replace ressurection: You can feel the creed with Islam too: 'Ina illehi wa ina lilahi rajihun' immortality of the soul was a Greek gift to the universal religion. Canticle is stuck somewhere in the old testament. But then Isaiah said 'your dead shall live...'
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by zyzxx(m): 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
CANTICLES:
nobody wanna die, but d truth is everybody is gonna die.
Don't get it twisted bro, not all christian are afraid of death. again we are serving God to av a fulfill life on earth and heaven also. God promise us both.
So if untimely death wanna pay a visit u will rebuke it because it not d plan of God for us.
d last time I check, d bible record 70 years minimum age, so what are we sayin sir.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 8:04am On Nov 28, 2014
zyzxx:
nobody wanna die, but d truth is everybody is gonna die.
Don't get it twisted bro, not all christian are afraid of death. again we are serving God to av a fulfill life on earth and heaven also. God promise us both.
So if untimely death wanna pay a visit u will rebuke it because it not d plan of God for us.
d last time I check, d bible record 70 years minimum age, so what are we sayin sir

Its like u dont know what u are saying ..... Psalm 90:10 says maximum of 70 and 80 by extra-strenght ! NOT minimum

This ur idea of rebukin untimely death shows you know the truth about death!!! Do u know why David is running away from King Saul?? ... Psalm 115:17 says : " the dead do not praise The LORD, Nor do any who go into silence"!!!

Psalm 6:5 says: " for in death there is no mention of you; in the Grave who will laud you? "
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by zyzxx(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=CANTICLES post=28409501][/quote]Gud morning.
Wait are u telling me all christian should start dreaming or pursuing death?
We av destiny, we are to be fulfill and we av a home we are going to @ d end which is heaven
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 9:00am On Nov 28, 2014
zyzxx:
Gud morning.
Wait are u telling me all christian should start dreaming or pursuing death?
We av destiny, we are to be fulfill and we av a home we are going to @ d end which is heaven
haba ! Heaven is home ke? You are about to travel to lagos, then the driver said: " mehn .... This journey will lead us all to heaven" !!! What will u do? Aftrall its home ! All of u will quickly get down, una no wan go home ... WHY?

Psalm 115:16 says: " the LORD has kept the heavens for himself, but he has given the earth to us humans" !!! This reminds u dat the billions of Angels livin in heaven are not people who have died on earth .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inbreeding and Indecency in the Bible by False Teacher Ahmed Deedat / Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God / Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.