Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:51 AM

Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace (8718 Views)

15-Year-Old Caught Having Sex With Sheep In Nnewi, Anambra / Woman Lynched In Lagos Over Kidnap Attempt (viewers Discretion Advised) / Two Students Arrested Over Kidnap, Rape, Murder Of Colleague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by aribisala0(m): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2012
Anambra: Traders Shut Down Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace

BY VINCENT UJUMADU

AWKA-TRADERS at the popular Nkwo Nnewi market noted for the sale of motorcycle and parts yesterday closed own the market to protest the menace of kidnapping in the area.

The closure of the market was the final activity marking three days of fasting by the over 15, 000 traders during which they sought God's intervention over incessant kidnappings in the industrial city.

The prayer was also aimed at making authorities to have a change of heart over the rumoured plan to ban Okada business in Anambra.

Chairman of New Auto Spare Parts Association, NASPA, Mr. Christopher Oboh, who addressed the traders said the recent kidnap of their chairman, Mr. Dozie Akudolu, who had been in captivity for over one month, was giving them serious concern, adding that there were other victims yet to be released by the kidnappers.

According to him, the activities of the hoodlums had instilled fears in the minds of big time businessmen in the market, most of whom, he said. had gone into hiding.

He explained that the issue was having negative effect on their businesses, adding that their customers from far and near had become afraid to come to do business in Nnewi.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/nov/30/314.html
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by aribisala0(m): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2012
Three days of FASTING
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by aribisala0(m): 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2012
aribisala0: http://odili.net/news/source/2012/nov/30/314.html

BY VINCENT UJUMADU

AWKA-TRADERS at the popular Nkwo Nnewi market noted for the sale of motorcycle and parts yesterday closed own the market to protest the menace of kidnapping in the area.

The closure of the market was the final activity marking three days of fasting by the over 15, 000 traders during which they sought God's intervention over incessant kidnappings in the industrial city.

The prayer was also aimed at making authorities to have a change of heart over the rumoured plan to ban Okada business in Anambra.

Chairman of New Auto Spare Parts Association, NASPA, Mr. Christopher Oboh, who addressed the traders said the recent kidnap of their chairman, Mr. Dozie Akudolu, who had been in captivity for over one month, was giving them serious concern, adding that there were other victims yet to be released by the kidnappers.

According to him, the activities of the hoodlums had instilled fears in the minds of big time businessmen in the market, most of whom, he said. had gone into hiding.

He explained that the issue was having negative effect on their businesses, adding that their customers from far and near had become afraid to come to do business in Nnewi.

LWKMD
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by aribisala0(m): 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2012
15000 hungry men calling on God grin
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by donfemzy: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2012
Smh
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by nairalady(f): 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
na waoo
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by mike404(m): 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2012
aribisala0: 15000 hungry men calling on God grin
Why you no get sense like this angry

1 Like

Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2012
Somethings don't need spiritual approach. They should just beef up security around the area, mount security posts at strategic locations.

1 Like

Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by 80million1: 9:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
Speechless

what is our dearly beloved Country turning to?
God please send us help.
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by Ndoz(m): 9:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
prayer is the key

1 Like

Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by EzePromoe: 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
Why dem close market na. Na there dem spoil things. No be everybody go join the protest. I hail the 'Taiwan republic of Nnewi' cool
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by kessyur: 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
Mumu like you! Did I hear say hungry. No let ur suit n tie deceive u, that is if u not jobless. Those guys at a sitting will spend ur annual income.

10 Likes

Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by 80million1: 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
emmysenior: Somethings don't need spiritual approach. They should just beef up security around the area, mount security posts at strategic locations.

Chief,its easier said than done. Haven't u seen commando-style operations with high calibre weaponry?
Abeg forget mounting security post. If Vigilante see kidnappers with grenades and ak47 rifles,them go flee for their lives first!
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by Osama10(m): 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2012
#80million:
Speechless

what is our dearly beloved Country turning to?
God please send us help.

There is no God in this one oh, when we are ready to do the right in this country things would fall into place.
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by aribisala0(m): 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2012
kessyur:
Mumu like you! Did I hear say hungry. No let ur suit n tie deceive u, that is if u not jobless. Those guys at a sitting will spend ur annual income.
Firstly They are Fasting ?? So I assume fasting makes them hungry ?? No?? You don't know anything about me what gives you the right to insult me I expect an apology and retraction please
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by manny4life(m): 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2012
@OP, isn't it time that Nnewi people hire private security? This menace is getting out of hand, I pray for safety of my family now that it's Christmas period.

5 Likes

Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by Leadn(m): 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2012

angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2012
kidnaping is too high over here.... no security

Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2012
mtcheew Next! tot yu had something reasonable to say undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“christians Punish Pastor Caught Cheating'' See Wetin intimacy De Cause / I'm Not Running Away From The Law, I Am Ready To Talk - Andrew Wynne Replies / Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.