Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT (8471 Views)

Hamisu Wadume Among Escapees After Kuje Prison Attack / Return Police Weapons In Your Custody Now Or..., Imo CP Warns Criminals / My Dad Is Not Among The Escapees Of Owerri Custodial Centre - Man Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Celestialsword: 8:01am On Apr 30
The Commissioner of Police, Federal Capital Territory Command, Bennet Igweh has warned the 118 prison escapees from the Medium Security Custodial Centre in Suleja, Niger State, to stay away from the FCT, adding that he wouldn’t spare any one of them if caught.

Igweh gave the warning during an exclusive interview with Crowther Radio, a local radio station in Abuja, on Saturday, where he vowed to ensure the escapees’ re-arrest.

The PUNCH reports that 118 prisoners being held at the Medium Security Custodial Centre in Suleja, Niger State, escaped from the facility on Wednesday night after a heavy downpour wreaked havoc, damaging the perimeter fence of the facility, and enabling the prisoners’ escape.

In a statement on Thursday, the spokesperson for the Nigerian Correctional Service, FCT Command, Adamu Duza, said 10 of the fleeing inmates had been recaptured and taken into custody, and that the Service alongside other security agencies, were in “hot pursuit” of the others.

During the interview, the CP noted that the FCT police had recently recaptured three prisoners who had escaped from the Kuje Prison after the jailbreak in 2022 and warned their counterparts that it was no longer business as usual in the FCT.

“Since the day before yesterday when 118 inmates escaped from Suleja prison, I know and you know that their point of call will either be the Suleja-Madalla area, and the next place you will see them is in Abuja. We are monitoring them. Remember about two years ago, there was a jailbreak in Kuje. We are still arresting them; we have just arrested three of them in an armed robbery operation. I have just returned three of them to Kuje the day before yesterday.

“So, we know that they may like to infiltrate into Abuja. We are working up all our intelligence officers.

“I warn them not to try to enter FCT because I will not spare them at all. Please and please, I warn all of them not to try to enter FCT, it is not business as usual again, and can never be,”
Igweh said.

He further called on residents to arrest and hand over anyone suspected to be an escaped prisoner to the nearest police station, adding that the FCT police had contacted the NCoS authorities to provide pictures of the escapees.

“I ask the public to equally watch out. Once you see somebody you suspect or you are convinced is an escapee from the prison yard, you have every authority to arrest that person and hand him over to the nearest police station, who can check whether he’s an escapee or not.

We have contacted the Correction authorities that we need their pictures so that when we see them in the FCT, we can re-arrest them and hand them back to the Correctional facilities.”

https://punchng.com/niger-jailbreak-cp-warns-escapees-to-stay-away-from-fct/?amp

2 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by immortalcrown(m): 8:04am On Apr 30
Setting boundaries.😀

They are free to invade other areas.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Macphenson: 8:44am On Apr 30
Jesus Christ. This statement did it actually emante from a Commisioner Of Police?
Seriously Nigeria is gone.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Celestialsword: 8:52am On Apr 30
Macphenson:
Jesus Christ. This statement did it actually emante from a Commisioner Of Police?
this statement is highly unprofessional

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Elusive001: 8:54am On Apr 30
Macphenson:

Of course. You want something better from this regime? You think the police will be better than or different from the presidency?

11 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Sprinklepee: 9:03am On Apr 30
How i go escape from jail come go abuja, i dey craze. All these escapees self nor get sense, na to just find one rural village for south hide first, or make i just find way reach all those niger delta riverine area dey for like two years, from there i go find my way.

10 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by chaddy16: 9:39am On Apr 30
To be honest, Nigeria's challenge lies not with its leaders but with its people. Nigerians tend to be self-centered, which contributes to our backwardness. Even if the best person were made president, it's unlikely they could effectively oversee all the corrupt ministries and agencies.

4 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Cmanforall: 9:40am On Apr 30
Celestialsword:

https://punchng.com/niger-jailbreak-cp-warns-escapees-to-stay-away-from-fct/?amp

You released prisoners and ask them to stay away from a place that is supposed to be most secured part of the country.
So, where do you want the criminals amongst them to operate?

4 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Creamypie(m): 9:40am On Apr 30
Just see nonsense talk

18 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:41am On Apr 30
So they are free anywhere else. So outside of the Abuja una no go fit catch them?

The worst mistake a bloody civilian like me and u will do is to report a criminal to the police. You are gone.

Police go first arrest u to prove say u get to evidence and dem go later release your info to the criminal say na u report am.

NPF is not ur friend

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by osuofia2(m): 9:41am On Apr 30
CP Igwe no de take nonsense. Ask about him while in Sars. At your own risk

4 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by phemmie06(m): 9:41am On Apr 30
The entire force needs to be reoriented..... Stay away or submit yourself? So they should keep running away......

14 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by osuofia2(m): 9:41am On Apr 30
Akwamkpuruamu:
So they are free anywhere else. So outside of the Abuja una no go fit catch them?
Abuja is his jurisdiction , others should take charge of their own

3 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Gamezi(m): 9:41am On Apr 30
Where make dem come go.? Abi iru kati kati wo leleyi

1 Like

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Absuchat(m): 9:44am On Apr 30
grin
Foolish CP..... imagine dishing out threat and vital info to the media.

If incompetence is a man....it is Igweh

7 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by stano2(m): 9:46am On Apr 30
See talk

1 Like

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Stevenson20: 9:46am On Apr 30
Just imagine?

We have totally lost it as a country

2 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by tefishy(m): 9:47am On Apr 30
undecided
Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by shortgun(m): 9:47am On Apr 30
The other day Tinubu's minister for power was blaming Air conditioners and refrigerators for being responsible for poor electricity in the country and now this.
You simply can not give what you don't have.
A dumb person like Tinubu lacks the mental capacity to appoint intelligent people or make intelligent decisions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:47am On Apr 30
As if they would listen. Do the needful rather than say they should roam to other states and continue their carnage.
It's good we don't have lots of zoos where animals are commensurate with the number of inmates in this country we call a zoo. As at 2021 aregbesola who was interior minister was still crying that 4000 inmates have not been recaptured. If 11 jail breaks can happen any how within the past 5 years where 5000 inmates are yet unaccounted for, it would be terrible if they were zoo breaks
Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Riskymarvelous(m): 9:48am On Apr 30
See waiting a whole CP dey talk for mouth ahh Nigeria God when pls!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by EmmyMaestro(m): 9:48am On Apr 30
So they should torture other states with crime and leave FCT abi ? So you think it is only you that wants to sleep with two eye's closed

Na lie o, it must go round o, everybody must feel it.

2 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by SmartyPants(m): 9:50am On Apr 30
Sprinklepee:
How i go escape from jail come go abuja, i dey craze. All these escapees self nor get sense, na to just find one rural village for south hide first, or make i just find way reach all those niger delta riverine area dey for like two years, from there i go find my way.

That is the fastest way to get caught.

An escapee comes out with nothing but the clothes on their backs, which obviously would be prison uniforms. They don't even have transport to go anywhere so usually they head straight back for their former communities or nearest contacts within the area.

If enter a new area where you are unknown of course the locals will give you up immediately. Where will you even say you want to stay,and what will you say you've come to do there?

Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Sabadon(m): 9:52am On Apr 30
undecided

and go where? oga no even dey say make them submit themselves, so if they stay away from just Abuja no wahala, they can go and terrorize other states.

1 Like

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Nahunger(m): 9:53am On Apr 30
grin

So if they do, they are free for life 😀

2 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by mankan2k7(m): 9:54am On Apr 30
Ko kan mi
Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by mejetov422: 9:55am On Apr 30
Which kind mumu warning be that

2 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by oluwaseyi0: 9:55am On Apr 30
Please can you tell us where they should go?

1 Like

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Dannydavito: 9:58am On Apr 30
Warning them to stay away from FCT then come to which state? Abeg make them stay there ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Jailbreak: CP Warns Escapees To Stay Away From FCT by Sprinklepee: 9:58am On Apr 30
SmartyPants:

That is the fastest way to get caught.

An escapee comes out with nothing but the clothes on their backs, which obviously would be prison uniforms. They don't even have transport to go anywhere so usually they head straight back for their former communities or nearest contacts within the area.

If enter a new area where you are unknown of course the locals will give you up immediately. Where will you even say you want to stay,and what will you say you've come to do there?

Lol.
that one dey sha, but dem pull the cloth na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This A Cultist Handshake / Human Butherer And Parts Seller Caught At Oke-opo Area In Ilesa, Osun....pls Bew / Suspected IPOB, ESN Members Attack Imo Police Station, Kill Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.