Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

*~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations (10049 Views)

*~ Semid4lyfe Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations! / Congratulations ! You Are Our Lucky Winner Dear Winner, Congratulations! / *~ Semid4lyfe Voted Phone Section Dude Of The Year:2009 *~ Congrats!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by puskin: 5:09am On Dec 16, 2012
sun_temi: This should rather be call "Team Android vs Team iOS"

grin grin grin
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by ciphoenix: 8:07am On Dec 16, 2012
dropping the first vote. 4llerbuntu. #team4ller cheesy
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by kingsilly(m): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2012
Team IOS it is..TEX all the way

2 Likes

Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 16, 2012
This should be a no brainer 4llerbuntu it is tongue
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by francis247(m): 10:11am On Dec 16, 2012
4ller has my vote.
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by femi4: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2012
TEX
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Dabss(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
Tex
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by lynxnoon(m): 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2012
AHA!! surprised this vote is still on . . .
give it to none other than 4LLERBUNTU!!
oya let d rigging begin . . . sorry continue grin smiley wink
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by DAvIt0(m): 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2012
4LLERBUNTU <<<======
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Bawss1(m): 11:52am On Dec 17, 2012
Texazzpete.

I vote him the Phone Section poster for 2012.
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by semid4lyfe(m): 5:58am On Dec 18, 2012
4llerbuntu
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by texazzpete(m): 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2012
Ok, I had no idea this was going on grin
Thanks for all the nice words everyone.

For those making this about iOS vs Android, note that I have devices running BOTH OSes and thus will be a more complete and worthy winner than 4llerbuntu tongue

(Can't resist taking a swipe at my main rival grin)

1 Like

Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Suntemi(m): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2012
texazzpete: Ok, I had no idea this was going on grin
Thanks for all the nice words everyone.

For those making this about iOS vs Android, note that I have devices running BOTH OSes and thus will be a more complete and worthy winner than 4llerbuntu tongue

(Can't resist taking a swipe at my main rival grin)

^^^ see you. 4ller n lynx don dey plan to rig election already. U better start dey share recharge cards so that people to vote for U. Only thanks no do am ooo. Lol. No worry I go mobilize iOS users to vote U. When U win. Remember send my ghana-most-go o no be free.

1 Like

Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by ciphoenix: 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
Where're the voters na?
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2012
Erm ***coughs n clears throat****
i see a certain someborry has reappeared on theis board again. After disappearing for so long i thought they had done the needful and migrated to the North Pole!!!

God pass dem jare. Fally Ipupa is not a Chinese man, orogbo is not a delicacy in japan, Ugu leaf is not used to decorate the white house, Papa Ajasco will not present the Grammys, Alomo is not used to christen a baby in hausa land.

Dear Nairalanders, please to whom the cap fits............. his name starts with a 4!! wink

Let me start by utilizing my inalienable right and exercising my vote wisely.

I hereby cast my Vote for the great man himself, a populist, a visionary, a man of the people, the one and only erudite, sagacious, effervescent, irrepressible, indomitable, learned, accommodating, all - round don of the interwebs. [size=28pt]The GREAT ASHIPA oF LAGOS himself... 4LLERBUNTU[/size]

I thank you all for your votes, for those yet to vote Please vote for the man himself. Dont waste your votes. for those who have already made the mistake, the edit button is still very functional grin grin grin grin grin

@ Lynxnoon, please u r in charge of the "electioneering". The trust fund is growing larger by the minute for logistics wink grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by dayokanu(m): 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2012
4llerbuntu
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by debosky(m): 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2012
4ullerbuntu gets my vote. cool
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by edoyad(m): 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2012
Androidistas own this phone section.
4llerbuntu owns Android section.
Put 1 and 1 together and you get 4llerbuntu.
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Wilfem(m): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2012
I gladly nominate 4llerbuntu, the Ashipa of Lagos.
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by MrTA(m): 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
4llerbuntu cool
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by texazzpete(m): 10:32pm On Dec 18, 2012
You know, If this was 'Android man of the year' or something like that, I for one would have been happy to vote for this rabble-rouser 4llerbuntu, despite his grievous shortcomings.

However, this is for the Nairaland Phone Section of the year award. And who better captures the diversity of this section than someone who has been there from the beginning and who has used 'em all?

iOS users? I was one of the first in Nigeria to use the original iPhone, started the iPhone apps thread which has seen well over 100 pages...did my bit and handed over to the next generation of iPhone/ipad legends like Suntemi and tumababa...who are better than I ever was now. See, that's continuity!

Android? I started off with the Google G1, then got a Mytouch 3g for my wife way back in 2009. Now I own not less than THREE Android phones and an Android tablet.

Blackberry? I've gone through 3 Bold 9900 devices after my 9700. Flashed nearly every firmware available including hybrids and leaks. I speak the BB language tongue

Windows Phone? My old HD7 says hello! I've gone hands on with the Lumia 920, 900 and 800 and I have gone toe-to-toe with the chief spreader of FUD on nairaland (4llerbuntu)

Symbian? We were using S60 devices from the original N-gage, 6600, 6630, N95 etc.

Which one remain?

Cast your vote wisely...between a Phone section legend (Una wey think say e start with iOS vs Android, where were you when we were trashing out iPhone vs N95 in 2008?)and the self-described 'iTroll'?

Your choice between the legend who was using all the top OSes out there, who understands ALL and the man who up until 2010 was boasting about 'running .deb files on N900 using X-Term'.

Choose the man who earned the respect of the entire Phone section by resolutely standing firm even in the days of FBT!
Choose the man who supported the first ever Phone section award by providing a cash reward to the winner out of his own pocket...out of a deep love for this section!
Choose the man whose arguments are provided with crisp, clear logic...rarely have I ever been bested in an argument here!

Choose wisely! cheesy

PS: 4llerbuntu is my friend and any dissing here must be taken lightly grin

2 Likes

Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by mukina2: 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
4llerbuntu
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by puskin: 12:45am On Dec 19, 2012
4llerbuntu: Erm ***coughs n clears throat****
i see a certain someborry has reappeared on theis board again. After disappearing for so long i thought they had done the needful and migrated to the North Pole!!!

God pass dem jare. Fally Ipupa is not a Chinese man, orogbo is not a delicacy in japan, Ugu leaf is not used to decorate the white house, Papa Ajasco will not present the Grammys, Alomo is not used to christen a baby in hausa land.

Dear Nairalanders, please to whom the cap fits............. his name starts with a 4!! wink

Let me start by utilizing my inalienable right and exercising my vote wisely.

I hereby cast my Vote for the great man himself, a populist, a visionary, a man of the people, the one and only erudite, sagacious, effervescent, irrepressible, indomitable, learned, accommodating, all - round don of the interwebs. [size=28pt]The GREAT ASHIPA oF LAGOS himself... 4LLERBUNTU[/size]

I thank you all for your votes, for those yet to vote Please vote for the man himself. Dont waste your votes. for those who have already made the mistake, the edit button is still very functional grin grin grin grin grin

@ Lynxnoon, please u r in charge of the "electioneering". The trust fund is growing larger by the minute for logistics wink grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

texazzpete: You know, If this was 'Android man of the year' or something like that, I for one would have been happy to vote for this rabble-rouser 4llerbuntu, despite his grievous shortcomings.

However, this is for the Nairaland Phone Section of the year award. And who better captures the diversity of this section than someone who has been there from the beginning and who has used 'em all?

iOS users? I was one of the first in Nigeria to use the original iPhone, started the iPhone apps thread which has seen well over 100 pages...did my bit and handed over to the next generation of iPhone/ipad legends like Suntemi and tumababa...who are better than I ever was now. See, that's continuity!

Android? I started off with the Google G1, then got a Mytouch 3g for my wife way back in 2009. Now I own not less than THREE Android phones and an Android tablet.

Blackberry? I've gone through 3 Bold 9900 devices after my 9700. Flashed nearly every firmware available including hybrids and leaks. I speak the BB language tongue

Windows Phone? My old HD7 says hello! I've gone hands on with the Lumia 920, 900 and 800 and I have gone toe-to-toe with the chief spreader of FUD on nairaland (4llerbuntu)

Symbian? We were using S60 devices from the original N-gage, 6600, 6630, N95 etc.

Which one remain?

Cast your vote wisely...between a Phone section legend (Una wey think say e start with iOS vs Android, where were you when we were trashing out iPhone vs N95 in 2008?)and the self-described 'iTroll'?

Your choice between the legend who was using all the top OSes out there, who understands ALL and the man who up until 2010 was boasting about 'running .deb files on N900 using X-Term'.

Choose the man who earned the respect of the entire Phone section by resolutely standing firm even in the days of FBT!
Choose the man who supported the first ever Phone section award by providing a cash reward to the winner out of his own pocket...out of a deep love for this section!
Choose the man whose arguments are provided with crisp, clear logic...rarely have I ever been bested in an argument here!

Choose wisely! cheesy

PS: 4llerbuntu is my friend and any dissing here must be taken lightly grin

Hmmmm.......see campaign. grin grin grin .....all man dey display portfolio.
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Suntemi(m): 5:49am On Dec 19, 2012
puskin:

Hmmmm.......see campaign. grin grin grin .....all man dey display portfolio.

G, no be small thing ooo. If to say I know say na like this, I for do campaign too last year when I got notimated. Abi u no see say 4ller don turn his NL signature to campaign tool grin. I'm loving this seriously.

Anyway me vote Tex, Na that dude thread make me turn iPhone seller with staffs and website today. I go do serious confession later.
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by softtouch2(m): 6:40am On Dec 19, 2012
The nominees are very close one in all areas, sentiment apart, all these arguments and counter-arguments help to dig information and know MORE about your devices, especially for those who don't read manual.
I give my vote to TEX.
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Chitexs250(m): 7:13am On Dec 19, 2012
grin

With deepest love
I cast my vote for TEX
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2012
WHAT!!!!!!

This campaign has gone nuclear!!! wow. just see the amount of propaganda listed about me there.

Simply put, don't believe what the enemy camp say.

1. i was around in 2008, i was here when the N97 bla bla bla was going on. (na seun archives wey disappear with the hacking scandal dey cause dis kain thing.)

2. i have never owned a iDevice..... for obvious reasons, BUT IT WOULD SHOCK U THAT I REGULARLY JAILBREAK and love-vendor them for friends and family. as a person who on principle does not commit intellectual fraud, i have refrained from joining iDebates and what not.

YES I KNOW A LOT ABOUT IDEVICES. ITS IN MY NATURE TO DO SO!!!!!!

3. Blackberries: i have had the pleasure ( eeewww ) grin grin to have owned 3 of em, starting with a Bold 1, a Storm 2, and a Torch.
naturally, i KNOW blackberries like the back of my hands, esp after having to run support for the countless folks around me who simply buy them by the minute practically .......... duh!!! tongue tongue tongue

incidentally, as those who know me privately can confirm, i have secretly been rooting for BB10/RIM, including my FOE here.
But then NL is never fun when everyone is busy toeing the same line. and honestly, from a technical view, the old BB's are Shyte!!! (see i always honest) grin grin grin

4. windows phone.... Nope. Some folks i know including a GF owns one. The tiles are not my cup of tea. i'd pass on that. but given the pitiably poor number of NL members who know or have even seena WP, it is irrelevant

5. Symbian and the older phones...... duh!! we were all doing that like we were doing it for TV. thats stale mahn.

INCIDENTALLY even my foe give me props for my achievements. eg:

and the man who up until 2010 was boasting about 'running .deb files on N900 using X-Term'
that was the sheeeet way back mehn!!! wink wink wink

heey, i got the street cred too. Like lets face it, when the jungle was mature i threw it down here on the down low during the FBT days
back wen it was hawt and banging!!! anybody remember the .muf.mobi days eh grin grin grin grin I WAS A PIONEER!!!!!

forget the elitist posturing, lets face it, who here has not been into fbt? if ur feeling my swag on this just jump on this.....
my people still ring me up when they need the dope mehn!!! its all good. retired now, but still gat the skillz like that!

AND FINALLY, IM THE GUY WHO GETS THE INFO OUT, WHO HELPS MY PEOPLE WITH WHAT THEY NEED. WHO SOLVES THE PROBLEM.
i don't deal in rhetoric, pure grammar ain't ma forte. man this is geek-speak, geek-dom, not a effin english debate!!
I DO IT LIKE I'M DOING IT FOR TV, FOR FREE.

I HELP, I SOLVE, I SUPPORT!!!! simples

and for me its NEVER about "winning" or besting folks hereabout when we get intellectual, its about sharing info, learning and informing. and for what its worth, this dude here taken some folks to d cleaners too wink wink wink

I REP THE OPEN-SOURCE ETHOS, I BELIEVE AND PRACTICE IT, I LIVE IT!!!!!!!!! i walk the walk, not just talk the talk. My records speak for me.

CHOOSE WISELY. YOU CAN STILL MOVE YOUR VOTE TO THE WINNING CAMP, THE CHAP THAT WORKS FOR YOU
[size=18pt]
VOTE FREEDOM, VOTE CHOICE, VOTE KNOWLEDGE, VOTE 4LLERBUNTU

[/size]

1 Like

Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Suntemi(m): 9:06am On Dec 19, 2012
Buhari/GEJ campaign sef no hot like this. 4ller/Tex don turn Politicians oooo. Who be ACN n who be PDP?

Wait ooo. E be like say we go do e-debate even if we can't have live debate on this election.
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Maleeq(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2012
omo, this campaign na die o! grin

Hmmmm, thinking....tex or 4ller? hmmmmmmmm
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by texazzpete(m): 9:38am On Dec 19, 2012
Maleeq: omo, this campaign na die o! grin

Hmmmm, thinking....tex or 4ller? hmmmmmmmm

A choice between 'Ashawo of Lagos' and 'Texazzpete of Nairaland'?

There can be only one Choice. Vote for ME! cheesy
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by texazzpete(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2012
sun_temi: Buhari/GEJ campaign sef no hot like this. 4ller/Tex don turn Politicians oooo. Who be ACN n who be PDP?

Wait ooo. E be like say we go do e-debate even if we can't have live debate on this election.

Sadly, my rival cannot debate. Na one-track mind e get...if no be Android or 'open' OS device, you have wasted your money as far as he is concerned tongue
Re: *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2012
Well, it seems its becoming clear who the PDP candidate here is

i refuse to be drawn on irrelevancies. One-Track playing the right tunes (solving your needs) or 10 tracks playing what is irrelevant to u.... your choice

and there is no candidate called "ME" in this election. u see we need to encourage selflessness on NL. not a "me" too ideology

and no need for mud slinging, last time i checked, TExazzpete was some fake, forming bad guy, always crapped on by a teddy bear FORIEGN fellow. This is NAIRALAND. The ASHIPA is a true nigerian!!!

the candidate of choice for this election, the right one is called [size=16pt]4LLERBUNTU!!!! vote for him NOW!!!![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Are Tecno Offices Located In Nigeria. / Introducing SOLO S450 Android Phone (full Specifications) / UBA Launches "Leo" Services On Apple Business Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.