Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? (7221 Views)

I'm Suddenly Out Of A Job With Amazing Credentials In Petroleum Engineering UK / How Do HR Personnel Identify Fake Credentials In Nigeria / Credentials Needed To Enter The Financial Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by francisj(m): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2012
What Will Do If You Discover That A Friend (Someone You Met 6 Years Ago Friend During Your NYSC) Have Fake Your Credential (Without Your Knowledge ) And That Person Is Working Now With An Agency Of The Federal Govt. Abuja.

This Is My Stoty:

I Graduated 7 Yrs Ago From One Of The Second Generation University In Nigeria with a second class honour degree,upper division And Served 6 Years Ago In One Of Nigerian Core North State. During ,The Three Week Orientation Exercise, One Evening ,I Was Relaxing at The Mami-Market Watching The Premier League Preview ,And This Guy (Ben) Came In , He Sat On a chair by My Table And Order For A Beer . Corperss Are Always Corpers, Soon We Begin Talking Football, The NYSC Camp, Etc . It Seems I Got Myself A Friend Whom ,I Learn During Our Chat To Be A Graduate Of Medicine from one of the eastern university .

Two Days Later, I Got A Call From Someone Telling That Ben Is Sick And Have Been Admitted In A Hospital Outside The NYSC Camp, All Attempt To Verify That Called Failed As The Phone No. Could Not Be Reached.

Orientation Ended And I Was Posted To a LGA Some 178km From The State Capital And Never Heard from Ben Again Until 10Months Later During Our POP (Pass Out Parade) .He met me after i collected my discharge certificate ,some guys were driving us home so We Exchange Contact And I Told Him ,That I Will Be Staying In Abuja For a While With A Friend Before Something Come Up .

one Yrs Later, I Received a Call From Ben Telling Me That He Will Be Coming To Abuja And Will Like To Stay With Us..He Came And Stay With Us For A While, Then I Was Already Working As A Contract Staff With One Of This FMCG Company. He Came But Was Looking Frustrated , Because He Was Jobless, Told Us That He Never Graduated From Medical School ,Even thought ,He Started As A Medical Student But Was Unable To Graduate. He Claim To Have A Degree In Building Technology.

Ben Stays With Us For Some Days , Before He Travels To Lagos In Search For A Job. From Then On ,We Keep In Touch Via Cellphone, And We Exchange Information On Jobs Opportunity.

Four Month Later ,Ben Called Me One Days To Inform Me Of An Urgent Opening With One Of Telecom Company. He Send Me The Advertisement Via E-Mail Which Requires Hard Copies Of Credentials .I Send Him The Scan Copies Of My Credentials Which Were Already Save On My Yahoo To Print Out And Summit For Me.

Two Month Later, I Got A Permanent Appointment With A French Multinational FMCG Company And Was Posted To Cover The Whole Of North-Central Nigeria States . I Move To K.D To Resume Duty and never see Ben again thought we chat via cell phones.

One Year Later , Ben Move To Abuja, Claims He Got A Job As A Sales Man Some Electronic Company.

I Have Been Working For The French FMCG Company Now For The Past 4Yrs + Now. And My Friend Claim To Be Working As A Sales Man For Some Electronic Company. We Talks Via Handsets , Hangout When We Are Within Each Other Area.

The My Biggest Surprise Came-Up 3 Wks Ago When I Discover ,That My Friend: Ben Is Working With Federal Govt. Agency using My Name. In Fact, His Colleagues Address Him With My Own Surname.(A Guy Whose Two Names are completely different from mone only that we have a common middle name initials)

My Guess Is That, The Civil Services Commission Declared A Position For My Field And My Friend Apply, Attended The Interview, And Forge The Scan Copies Of My Credential that I once send to Him, And Then Decided To Take The Job Without My Knowledge ,Afterall Am Doing Well With A private firm.

I Have Been Seeking For Advice On How To Handle this since the day I gots to known ,your genuine advise will be welcome Nairalanders
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by uboma(m): 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
The truth is that ur friend Ben is impersonating u and whatever he does will affect ur reputation and image because it is ur credentials he is using to work with and not his. If i were u, i wud cal him one on one and let the cat out of the bag. Make him know that u are aware of his shady deals and express ur disappointment for doing it without ur consent. Give him time say max of 2weeks to right the wrong and if he doesn't, pls report the matter to the Police. You cant afford to be sentimental or emotional over this issue because ur success in the future is at stake.
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by francisj(m): 7:45am On Dec 03, 2012
tanks 4 ur advise .uboma
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by nitrogen(m): 9:06am On Dec 03, 2012
uboma: The truth is that ur friend Ben is impersonating u and whatever he does will affect ur reputation and image because it is ur credentials he is using to work with and not his. If i were u, i wud cal him one on one and let the cat out of the bag. Make him know that u are aware of his shady deals and express ur disappointment for doing it without ur consent. Give him time say max of 2weeks to right the wrong and if he doesn't, pls report the matter to the Police. You cant afford to be sentimental or emotional over this issue because ur success in the future is at stake.
The fear is that, this guy might do something crazy when he knows that the op is aware of it, esp. if he is the wicked and desperate type, (you should know what I mean) and that can be disastrous on the op.

I'll like to say that the op should be careful here. He could report to an appropriate authority, so they take it up. It is like this, they (the authority) can go do an adhoc checking of credentials of employees in that agency, thereby leading to the discovery of that and it is rectified without the guy's knowledge of the op's involvement.
In all, he(the op) should be careful.

NB: the word 'appropriate' that precedes 'authority' is important.

7 Likes

Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by uboma(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2012
nitrogen:
The fear is that, this guy might do something crazy when he knows that the op is aware of it, esp. if he is the wicked and desperate type, (you should know what I mean) and that can be disastrous on the op.

I'll like to say that the op should be careful here. He could report to an appropriate authority, so they take it up. It is like this, they (the authority) can go do an adhoc checking of credentials of employees in that agency, thereby leading to the discovery of that and it is rectified without the guy's knowledge of the op's involvement.
In all, he(the op) should be careful.

NB: the word 'appropriate' that precedes 'authority' is important.

ur point is noted but the op has nothing to lose by reporting to the authorities concerned. However i'm stil of the opinion that the op confront the fraudster Ben and give him time to right the wrong himself. Failure on his part should then prompt the op to take the matter to the authorities
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by uboma(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2012
francisj: tanks 4 ur advise .uboma

u are welcome bro. But pls act fast.
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by Afam4eva(m): 1:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
Naija i hail thee.
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by Abyjah: 1:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
R
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by Confilass: 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
I'll advise u to be very careful bc any friend dat's capable of doing dis can also kill. By d time Ben knows he might want to do otherwise.

5 Likes

Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
Gaddem...

The OP has been Pirated...

Alaba no dey do only DVD these days o...

Choi!!

4 Likes

Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by Sammiejo: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
Please report to the appropriate authorities immediately. Just make sure your facts are right.
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
Send an 'anonymous' mail to his workplace with his real info.
He wouldn't be sure of whoever did it!

1 Like

Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by salolo(m): 1:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
i will pray for him to repent from the evil act.
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
Something
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by c4life: 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
Please, sorry that i am deviating from the main topc. I AM HAVING A PROBLEM USING MY NOKIA C200 ASHA TO SEND OR RECEIVE E-MAIL. WHO CAN HELP OUT? PLEASE O O
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by babaowo: 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
@OP you need to be extraordinary carefull,because he can do anything to save his shame
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by Shinor(m): 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
@Nitrogen and Confilass.
Well said. The op should not confront this dude but be very discreet about clearing his name. As you all have said, anyone capable of doing this can kill. Our people have been known to kill for less. The guy is dangerous and must be avoided at all costs. OP should try and clear his name without raising any dust. Do not confront the dude.
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by mat2lock(m): 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
My dear.... How can u prove that u are not the one impersonating Ben? Those are the kind of questions that will come very soon when trouble starts if you don't take proper and fast action.... This is a serious case that u need to handle fast and involve people ooooo..... This ur Ben can go and report u first and also might go to any level to keep his secret....
So Help you God....

1 Like

Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by 3direct: 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
A gentleman is a patient wolf. forge it first and see my reaction

Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by JLANCE(m): 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2012
/facetious/ i will simply commit suicide by killing him'hope there is no punishment for that
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by VUVUZELA10: 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
Another Comrade Adams Aliu Aliyu Oshiomhole.
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by markus1133: 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2012
teach him a lesson
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by ideee03(f): 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
The more u feign ignorance,the more you endanger yourself...BTW ur "gbags tho..".

1 Like

Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by mumumugu(m): 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
I wil negotiate wit him. 40
percent of his salary in my acount or i report.

1 Like

Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by pek(m): 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
Guy, your English sucks!

4 Likes

Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by Valiantvaliant(m): 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
Blessed are you when men impersonate you. . . .for great is your reward in heaven.
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
Confilass: I'll advise u to be very careful bc any friend dat's capable of doing dis can also kill. By d time Ben knows he might want to do otherwise.
Please pray too. That guy can be very deadly. I do not subscribe to the idea of discussing it with him. Report to the authorities e.g. ICPC. They will help you. Do not even hint him.
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by yuzedo: 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2012
But dear OP who is a graduated, why is your English like dis? Or did you also graduated your 2.1 from Uncle Emeka University, Ayimgba? grin Small chidrens are read dis your expose on this great websight of life o! undecided
Change your grammatick ways plix. Wormest regards, chairs! angry cry

2 Likes

Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by Hailedin9ja: 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
What Will Do If You Discover That A Friend (Someone You Met 6 Years Ago Friend During Your NYSC) Have Fake Your Credential (Without Your Knowledge ) And That Person Is Working Now With An Agency Of The Federal Govt. Abuja.

Then, you are in trouble.
Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by ijigbamigb(m): 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2012
OP,
If you don't want your head separated from your neck and couried to your parents, DON'T confront him, don't listen to any advice to confront him.
These are my points:
1. Getting hired assassins in the North now is as easy as getting a recharge card and it won't cost Ben 30% of his savings so he can afford it.
2. Ben knows he would be ruined for life if caught so he will fight back and when he does, its gonna be so dirty.
3. Get the Police involved. How? Don't just go to the station else they may pick ben today only to release him tomorrow. Get a case file opened, bribe (they won't work hard if you don't motivate them-Naija Police) an IPO to take up your case seriously.
4. Don't get Ben to be suspicious but don't get too close to him.
5. As the police do their job, get the Code of Conduct Bureau involved (they handle mostly civil service cases) and they are very serious about it.
6. Make sure there's enough evidence to nail him before he's picked up
7. When he's eventually picked up, he will also have to sign an undertaking that no harm will do you for the next 24 months.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? by wildorchid(f): 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
This is nigeria, records and identifications are poorly or rarely checked. He can forge a birth certificate, national id card, international passport using your name.Its very easy in naija.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? / Salary Structure In The Public Complaints Commission (PCC) / Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.