Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS (22905 Views)

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / Most Recent Picture of 74-year-old Muhammed Ali / Top Ten Smoking Footballers: Jack Wilshere, Lionel Messi And More Seth Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Nasri100(m): 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2012
You certainly can't give a player like Messi an Inch " He would punish you He punishes everyone" lool

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
mikuz:
It just ruined the whole thing. I had to stop at 17/20.
First player to score 100 goals. First player to score 101 goals. First player to score 102 goals. First player to score 103 goals. Arrrgh!!
exatly... You beat me to that
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Ejine(m): 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
TL;DR
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by ignis: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
cosmatika: Pls Mr. Lionel Messi, after breaking all d football records in d world, join Queen Park Rangers or Stoke City or Norwich city and help them win Premier League and Champions league. Den I can knw of a truth dat U re d greatest
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Chiemekaorizu(m): 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
Weldon mr messi* I still believe that i will do better than you sooner or later*watch and see!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by neversaynever(m): 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
RudySmith:

What has MY achievement got to do with anything? are you now saying that only people who have achieved more can say anything about Messi? what king of uneducated statement is that.
The sad fact is that Messi, as great as he is at Barcelona, has not achieved anything under ARGENTINA, and until he does, he will remain just that. Why do you think they still idolize Maradona and call him God in Argentina, when Messi is doing all the stuff that is mentionned on that list? have you for one minute thought that maybe, "just maybe" all the stuff mentionned is crap, and means very little in football.

here is a clue: do you think footballers want to be remembered/idolized for what is written on this thread or for WINNING THE WORLD CUP WITH THEIR NATIONAL TEAM?!

Why so much hatred? If you can't appreciate, then let him be. Where was it written that you have to win the world cup to be the greatest? There are so many football greats who didn't even get a taste of the quarter finals of the world cup. I'm not suprised though...Pele and Maradona had critics too, even though they won the world cup.

BTW, you make it sound as if he's won nothing at all for Argentina. Remember U-20 World youth championship and Beijing 2008 Soccer competition?

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Avast(m): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:
Make barca comot for where them Osasuna,Bilbao and co dey and join premier league for England where chelsea(victor moses),Man city(why always me),Man U(rooney)etc make them come show there skills.
mo wi ire abi mo wi ire
you no dey watch football? A.madrid and A.bibao they beat una for england,u con dey point finger to barca just becareful!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by emmke(m): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:
Make barca comot for where them Osasuna,Bilbao and co dey and join premier league for England where chelsea(victor moses),Man city(why always me),Man U(rooney)etc make them come show there skills.
mo wi ire abi mo wi ire
lol, in your mind teams in la liga are weaker than those in the EPL? What delusion. Just some few months ago athletico madrid trashed Chelsea 4-1. Last season, bilbao beat Man utd home and away. As it stands now, all 4 teams from la liga will be progressing to the next stage of the UCL as against 2 (ok max 3, chelsea will need a miracle) from Epl. Every stat points to the fact that la liga is superior to the epl, yet u deluded epl fans keep repeating the same "Messi must come to epl to prove he is the best".
King Messi has been consistently destroying your British media over-hyped epl teams in the UCL. He doesn't need to move to your crappy epl to prove anything to y'all

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Chanchit: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
[quote author=RudySmith]and yet that "super footballer" cannot win the world cup with Argentina? I thought that since he had so many records or what not, he could win a match just playing himself against 11 players. NONSENSE![/quote

Na bad belle go kill you, the guy is too much, if u dey beaf am, u might end up been depressed.
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by bigt2(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
And i dont think y'all know that Vincent Enyeama wink is the only African threat for the so-called Messi!! wink grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by wengerjay(m): 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2012
Messi has scored 21 league goals this season.9 BRACES+1 HATRIC=21 GOALS.No known player can better the best of this guy in this generation.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by bigt2(m): 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2012
last to comment! Thread clsed!! Gbam!! wink grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Youngzedd(m): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
annoymous: @rudysmith, grow up.
That he hasnt won the world cup with Argentina doesn't take away from the fact that he is probably (and arguably) the greatest footballer that ever lived.
Goes to tell us that winning the world cup is not a 'one man business' and so Argentina should put her house in order.

+1000000

The team Argentina has during the time of Maradona is better to compare the current team, bear in mind that Maradona didn't win the world cup alone.

Maradona is what he is today because of Argentina team work then, not because he can play 5 wings or score with his hand (Hand of God).

Argentina should put their house inorder just like Spain did and see the power of Messi.

Messi will be a legend.
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Nickydrake(m): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
Abujafood: All this noise about Messi, if not because I don't like Football I know I would have achieved more than these! I remember those days in school when I could score 12 goals in one match, Messi has not achieved that in his Career, I'm the greatest footballer of all time, I just like being silent about my achievements that's why I turned down Real Madrid's offer to play for them!

You send electric thrills down my spine by digging up these memories of those days when we stood on the sidelines, drooling in awe of your incredible football skills.

As though it was only yesterday, i remember vividly that epic game in which you hit a quadruple hat-trick, sending shot after shot through the legs of Akpos, the five-year-old goalie who had been forced to guard the goal because all the other players were bigger than him.

I recall standing under the shade of the mango tree watching what is now unrecorded history unfold before me. The game lasted for hours -- from the moment we stole away from afternoon classes at school till the village bell sounded for the six o'clock evening mass.

Your first goal was applauded. The second one got an equally enthusiastic reception. You forced us to clap at the fifth goal. But by the time you hit the tenth, most of us were wondering why Uncle Abujafood wouldn't leave us alone and go attend to his customers at the cigarette kiosk.

12 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Santi222(m): 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
These Barcelona fans are too fanatical. No doubt all these records( most of them irrelevant) are being listed to prove that Messi deserves a 4th Ballon D' Or more than any other person. Is football only about scoring goals? Did Cannavaro win his 2006 World Best based on the goals he scored in the World Cup? Zidane, Ronaldinho, Roberto Baggio, Pavel Nedved, were they all goal record breakers? What does it matter if you score a hundred goals against Osassuna, or Sociedad or whatever team in La liga? Those who scored 50 goals agains Chievio or Napoli or Kaiserslautern, where are they? Be Fair, please!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Chanchit: 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:
mo wi ire abi mo wi ire

Owi nonsense...!
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by ayobase(m): 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2012
RudySmith: and yet that "super footballer" cannot win the world cup with Argentina? I thought that since he had so many records or what not, he could win a match just playing himself against 11 players. NONSENSE!

This your comment is so saddening.

I told someone sometimes ago on here....u just dont like anything about what you hate!
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by kutchs: 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2012
Santi222: These Barcelona fans are too fanatical. No doubt all these records( most of them irrelevant) are being listed to prove that Messi deserves a 4th Ballon D' Or more than any other person. Is football only about scoring goals? Did Cannavaro win his 2006 World Best based on the goals he scored in the World Cup? Zidane, Ronaldinho, Roberto Baggio, Pavel Nedved, were they all goal record breakers? What does it matter if you score a hundred goals against Osassuna, or Sociedad or whatever team in La liga? Those who scored 50 goals agains Chievio or Napoli or Kaiserslautern, where are they? Be Fair, please!
Truth is Messi does not need any campaign (like the one Mourinho and the Madrid press tried to do for Ronaldo) or promotion to win the balon d‘or, what he does on the pitch is convincing enough. There‘s no player who has had the season Messi is having this 2012 except you know who we dont.

The records listed may not amount to much in your estimation but if you know what records are, then Messi‘s records hold and remember he is track to equal and better Muller‘s one calender year goal hull. That in itself is testimony to the boy‘s greatness.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by soledayo(m): 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
RudySmith: and yet that "super footballer" cannot win the world cup with Argentina? I thought that since he had so many records or what not, he could win a match just playing himself against 11 players. NONSENSE!
na bad belle go kill you. he is just 25years. Will u kill urself if he wins d coming world cup? people win world cup even at 30yrs.
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by hustla(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2012

enemy of progress
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Chanchit: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nickydrake:

You send electric thrills down my spine by digging up these memories of those days when we stood on the sidelines, drooling in awe of your incredible football skills.

As though it was only yesterday, i remember vividly that epic game in which you hit a quadruple hat-trick, sending shot after shot through the legs of Akpos, the five-year-old goalie who had been forced to guard the goal because all the other players were bigger than him.

I recall standing under the shade of the mango tree watching what is now unrecorded history unfold before me. The game lasted for hours -- from the moment we stole away from afternoon classes at school till the village bell sounded for the six o'clock evening mass.

Your first goal was applauded. The second one got an equally enthusiastic reception. You forced us to clap at the fifth goal. But by the time you hit the tenth, most of us were wondering why Uncle Abujafood wouldn't leave us alone and go attend to his customers at the cigarette kiosk.

Lol... Guy you badt o, u come open uncle Abuja yansh like this..
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by hustla(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:
mo wi ire abi mo wi ire

na y chelsea win ucl with fluke, na y barca whoop united ass twice for final,na y man city dey struggle for ucl..smh for u, dey reason before u open ur anus tok
yes and im a united fan
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by hustla(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2012
cosmatika: Pls Mr. Lionel Messi, after breaking all d football records in d world, join Queen Park Rangers or Stoke City or Norwich city and help them win Premier League and Champions league. Den I can knw of a truth dat U re d greatest

and pls who has done sth similar?? and why does messi keep messing up epl teams in the champions league?? una no dey watch ball?? ahhh!
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by wilfred84(m): 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2012
Abujafood: All this noise about Messi, if not because I don't like Football I know I would have achieved more than these! I remember those days in school when I could score 12 goals in one match, Messi has not achieved that in his Career, I'm the greatest footballer of all time, I just like being silent about my achievements that's why I turned down Real Madrid's offer to play for them!

You are a CLOWN

LMFAO

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by tomakint: 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2012
I have always maintained that Lionel Andre Messi is out of this world! Nice and good job OP!
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Chanchit: 8:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
Santi222: These Barcelona fans are too fanatical. No doubt all these records( most of them irrelevant) are being listed to prove that Messi deserves a 4th Ballon D' Or more than any other person. Is football only about scoring goals? Did Cannavaro win his 2006 World Best based on the goals he scored in the World Cup? Zidane, Ronaldinho, Roberto Baggio, Pavel Nedved, were they all goal record breakers? What does it matter if you score a hundred goals against Osassuna, or Sociedad or whatever team in La liga? Those who scored 50 goals agains Chievio or Napoli or Kaiserslautern, where are they? Be Fair, please!

Jelosi jelosi, na hin dey worry you.. Truth be said, all the records could be summarized into lets to 10, but that way, players like ronaldo won't have a single record to point to at the end of the year..
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by Slapme(m): 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2012
Rudysmith better leave messi alone or the guy go make you commit suicide or hug transformer or worst i go carry bottle do surgery for your head. Leave the man that give me joy alone.
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by pappyt(m): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
Oowiree, ase lonso. Thrash
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by pappyt(m): 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
Hahaa,mr oga,is dt hw u rate ur own som1 achievmet?
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by pappyt(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2012
Na tru talk,pele
Re: Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS by godstino(m): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
must u pour ur naija frustration on somebody becos of his achievements?
#CLUELESS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism / Tobi Amusan Wins 100m Hurdles At ISTAF 2022 Berlin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.