Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana (15952 Views)

Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio / Download [video] Chris Brown Performs With Wizkid At Carpediem Concert In Lagos / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
Keneking: Igbos are indeed really doing well ...

Dont bring that thing here.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 03, 2012
omenka:
So do I. I believe Nigerians are much more critical and difficult to impress than the Ghanaians.
The only entertainers that could pull such a crowd in Nigeria are both dead: micheal Jackson and Fela Kuti.
My opinion tho.

late (Bob Marley, Tupac shakur), R.Kelly, and Kirk Franklin can pull above 40k Nigerians in a stadium.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by manny4life(m): 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
You people have started again abi? angry angry angry angry

My fellow naija people, yall should ignore these guys, yes Ghana music rules over Nigeria, they win cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

There are certain issues or should I say facts that shouldn't be argued with, if self praise will help them heal their egos, so be it. Yall should not engage them, what a nice thread that some hateful persons wanna hijack it.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by muaa(f): 2:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
fittty: Only in Africa can this happen... Local Artist is what they still are. ***SMDH*** cry

Bad belle
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by SmoothLIFE: 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
Lordave:
Just as it saved millions of Ghanaians from hawking gala and la casera on the streets of Abuja

In your dreams!!
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Godogwu: 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2012
Abrantie:

Because your huge population don't have time and money. Y'all too busy looking for fuel for your generators.

what sort of dry joke is this?? please don't even begin to compare Nigeria to Ghana...PLEASE!!!!!
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Godogwu: 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
SmoothLIFE: Ghanaman here,

We do not like Nigerian music more than ours... Ghanaian's are into Azonto and other Ghanaian music. But, if there is a good song we'll listen to it! Ghanaian music is BIGGER than Nigerian music and the Azonto is bigger world wide than anything Nigeria has out right now. Pretty impressive for a country with 1/7th of the population of Nigeria...

P-Square is legit though... This is the song of theirs I like most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty2advRiWJM

LOL!!! this guy, the only reason azonto "Ghana's pride" got anywhere is because Nigerians actually liked it. If we didn't it would have started and ended in Ghana. Finally, stop dreaming Ghana's whole entertainment industry isn't even as big as half that of Nigeria's. Bye now smiley
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Godogwu: 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
SmoothLIFE:

shhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I was going to tell them that eventually but, wanted to first show them the reach of Ghanaian music!!! grin grin

sarkodie, r2bees and every other ghanaian musician can never pull a crowd like this NEVER!
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Kajina: 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
What baffles me is that, 4 artistes were billed to perform in the concert, 1 pulled out and 3 performed. And somebody comes to NL with a misleading topic, and posts “ 40,000+ turn out for P-Squre concert in Ghana". What makes you guys assume the crowd were there to see only P-Square? Do you guys know who Sarkodie and Samini are to Ghanaians, and the crowd they draw to their concerts? Guys, stop tickling yourselves, it is not only about P-Square. They were just one of the performers of the night, so chill!
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Godogwu: 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2012
Kajina: What baffles me is that, 4 artistes were billed to perform in the concert, 1 pulled out and 3 performed. And somebody comes to NL with a misleading topic, and posts “ 40,000+ turn out for P-Squre concert in Ghana". What makes you guys assume the crowd were there to see only P-Square? Do you guys know who Sarkodie and Samini are to Ghanaians, and the crowd they draw to their concerts? Guys, stop tickling yourselves, it is not only about P-Square. They were just one of the performers of the night, so chill!

true...true though , very misleading topic. Frankl, the fact is Sarkodie and samini can never pull a 40,000 crowd on their own, about 75% of that entire crowd are there because of psquare. #Fact
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Kajina: 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
Godogwu:

true...true though , very misleading topic. Frankl, the fact is Sarkodie and samini can never pull a 40,000 crowd on their own, about 75% of that entire crowd are there because of psquare. #Fact

ROLMAO!!!
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Godogwu: 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2012
Kajina:

ROLMAO!!!

grin
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2012
SMH, see Ghana people dey die for dis copy copy artist grin, *but wait ohhh, copy or not na the money sure pass*
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by kabaka1: 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
vanstanzy:

GBAM!!!, others are a sheer disgrace especially nollywood. Infact all join.

Hana! Don't bullshit mollisols like that now. We got everything to be proud of about nollywood. Make i Tell u one story. Right here in d US, e get one day I went into my supervisor's office n the dude is from a carribean country. In his office he has three framed pictures of some ladies on his wall. I didn't notice whose pictures those were initially until during my chat with him I told him that I'm Nigerian and he got excited that he started talking about his love 4 Nigerian moves, n what surprised me most was when he brought out a box of DVDs full of only nollywood movies n he also told me that d 3 framed pictures were nollwood stars, which include mercy johnson, Genevieve n one other star.
I took a closer look d pics n he was right, those were nollywood stars.

So please, just to inform u before u criticize nollywood movies, despite their poor production qualities, Thierry stories and actors really have a great impact on people overseas, especially black people from d caribean countries, who learn a lot about their ancestral la
African cultures through those movies.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by kabaka1: 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
Kudos 2 Psquare! They're always making us proud grin cheesy shocked
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Abrantie: 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
manny4life: You people have started again abi? angry angry angry angry

My fellow naija people, yall should ignore these guys, yes Ghana music rules over Nigeria, they win cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

There are certain issues or should I say facts that shouldn't be argued with, if self praise will help them heal their egos, so be it. Yall should not engage them, what a nice thread that some hateful persons wanna hijack it.

Look at the pot calling the kettle black. Whose ego is the GIANT in Africa? (pun intended).
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Abrantie: 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
Godogwu:

what sort of dry joke is this?? please don't even begin to compare Nigeria to Ghana...PLEASE!!!!!

We are not comparing Nigeria to Ghana. We are putting Nigeria, the biggest slum in West Africa, in its place.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Godogwu: 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
Abrantie:

We are not comparing Nigeria to Ghana. We are putting Nigeria, the biggest slum in West Africa, in its place.

LMAOO B!tch please!!.... here's a bench for you \__________
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Abrantie: 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
Godogwu:

LOL!!! this guy, the only reason azonto "Ghana's pride" got anywhere is because Nigerians actually liked it. If we didn't it would have started and ended in Ghana. Finally, stop dreaming Ghana's whole entertainment industry isn't even as big as half that of Nigeria's. Bye now smiley

Lets see. We gave you Azonto and you love it just like how we gave you...

1) Star Beer
2) Highlife music
3) Jollof rice
4) Alomo Bitters
5) Pidgin English
6) Education
7) Gari -- Yes, Ghana invented Gari and the correct spelling is with a single "r"

There's more but I'm tired of typing

So as you can see, Nigeria's fascination with Ghana is because we are your masters. In fact, Ghanaians (Akans) used Nigerian slaves in the 1500s:

"a great number of slaves who were bartered very profitably at El Mina. The labor of these slaves enabled the Akan to expand gold production by developing deep-level mining in addition to panning alluvial soils. Even more importantly, slave labor enabled the Akan to undertake the immensely laborious task of clearing the dense forests of southern Ghana for farming.."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana%E2%80%93Nigeria_relations

Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by goryorhal(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
Abrantie:

No b una fault...ghana of all country dey beef naija....make una no even try am @ all......no naija no africa....
Proud to a naija bro....
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Godogwu: 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
Abrantie:

1) Star Beer
2) Highlife music
3) Jollof rice
4) Alomo Bitters
5) Pidgin English
6) Education
7 Gari (the correct spelling is with a single "r" )

ohhh my! you don't mean it -______-.

In movies;you guys copied NOLLYWOOD and yea , its the BIGGEST in AFRICA

In music you guys have just sarkodie and becca, please who else?

oh Pidgin English? seen

I'm sure the correct pronunciation for "purse" is "perse"

Fact is 2 or 3 Nigerians could buy Ghana if it goes up for auction. here's a bench for you again \_______

2 Likes

Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Flygerian1(m): 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
Comment loading...98%
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by cameronese(m): 5:17pm On Dec 03, 2012
Kajina: What baffles me is that, 4 artistes were billed to perform in the concert, 1 pulled out and 3 performed. And somebody comes to NL with a misleading topic, and posts “ 40,000+ turn out for P-Squre concert in Ghana". What makes you guys assume the crowd were there to see only P-Square? Do you guys know who Sarkodie and Samini are to Ghanaians, and the crowd they draw to their concerts? Guys, stop tickling yourselves, it is not only about P-Square. They were just one of the performers of the night, so chill!

Yes we know who Sakordi ans Samini are to Ghanaians -- They worth $5,000. $10,000 combined. That is less than the hotel bills where P-Square lodged in Ghana.

Remember that $300,000! is more than the entire ghana entertainment industry
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Kajina: 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
Godogwu:

ohhh my! you don't mean it -______-.

In movies;you guys copied NOLLYWOOD and yea , its the BIGGEST in AFRICA

In music you guys have just sarkodie and becca, please who else?

oh Pidgin English? seen

I'm sure the correct pronunciation for "purse" is "perse"

Fact is 2 or 3 Nigerians could buy Ghana if it goes up for auction. here's a bench for you again \_______

@Godogwu, Yes the correct pronunciation sounds like “perse” not “pause” and I believe you pronounce it as “pause” because my Nigerian friends do. Since you brought it up, check this website (http://www.howjsay.com)and listen to how the English man himself pronounces it. BTW nurse is also pronounced "nerse" not "norse". grin grin
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Kajina: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2012
goryorhal:
No b una fault...ghana of all country dey beef naija....make una no even try am @ all......no naija no africa....
Proud to a naija bro....

grin grin grin
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2012
fittty: Only in Africa can this happen... Local Artist is what they still are. ***SMDH*** cry

Isi aki !!! And what level of influence can you pull pray tell western one?
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Zico0(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
They deserve it*they are hardworking*
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
SmoothLIFE: If you want to start the Ghana Nigeria beef again... I'm ready!! grin grin grin

I will start by saying ONLY Ghanaian RULE can SAVE West Africa!

Oh please don't even go there.........
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Godogwu: 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
Kajina:

actually I pronounce it " pɜːrs" like the British taught and that's how every good English speaking and educated Nigerian pronounces the word (your friends are probably touts or they didn't go to school) . I don't get what "perse", "markit", "buckit", "ankle" instead of "uncle"......etc ...like whats that?.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by virgo(f): 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
Abrantie:

1) Star Beer
2) Highlife music
3) Jollof rice
4) Alomo Bitters
5) Pidgin English
6) Education
7) Gari -- Yes, Ghana invented Gari and the correct spelling is with a single "r"

So as you can see, Nigeria's fascination with Ghana is because we are your masters. In fact, Ghanaians (Akans) used Nigerian slaves in the 1500s:

"a great number of slaves who were bartered very profitably at El Mina. The labor of these slaves enabled the Akan to expand gold production by developing deep-level mining in addition to panning alluvial soils. Even more importantly, slave labor enabled the Akan to undertake the immensely laborious task of clearing the dense forests of southern Ghana for farming.."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana%E2%80%93Nigeria_relations

I admire your patriotism, but a line must always be drawn between falsehood and truth.

1) Azonto is not the only dance favoured in Nigeria. Like Makossa, it is one of those foreign dances that Nigerians fell in love with, and like Makossa, it will be also be forgotten. Meanwhile, I hope you understand that Nigerians enjoy other local dances too, e.g Etighi and Alanta

2) Ghana did not give Nigeria star beer. I don't know where you got your facts from. Star Lager beer was first brewed in Nigeria in 1949 by the Nigerian Breweries Company while Ghana only saw it 11 years later in 1960. Since you love google so much, you should know this. smiley

3) Jollof rice did not originate from Ghana. It is believed to have originated from the Wolof tribe in Gambia before spreading to other parts of West Africa.

4) Pidgin English did not originate from Ghana dear "Chale". Pidgin English which is a form of simplified speech that involves two languages being mixed together to form a basic vocabulary exists in countries around the world. From Hawaii Creole to Sierra Leone Creole, countries have their own peculiar brand of pidgin English. As a matter of fact, it can be said that most Ghanaians have resorted to speaking Nigerian pidgin as a result of the Nigerian musical influence in Ghana. Words peculiar to Nigerian language which is present in our brand of pidgin is being copied by Ghanaians. I once read an article by a Ghanaian bemoaning this fact. But hey, influences go both ways, right?

5) Education? How on earth is that possible? Except Ghana and not Britain colonized Nigeria. Besides, Britain only brought Western civilization and education. Nigeria boasted advanced cultures and civilizations from the Nok culture that influenced the Bantu tribes and taught them iron making skills that they used to displace the tribes they met during their trek from Benue, Cross River down to the Congo and all the way to South Africa, the Oyo Empire which conquered territories to Dahomey (present day Benin Republic), Arochukwu, Kanem Bornu Empire, Old Benin Empire. Ghana cannot stand Nigeria in terms of ancient civilizations. Nigerian cultures have influenced countries worldwide. From Brazil to America, you find cultures that are based on Nigerian folklores and traditions. Also in modern times, Nigeria has produced scholars recognized worldwide more than Ghana. So you need to thread carefully with your education claim.

6) Garri was invented by Ghana? What a ridiculous and even ludicrous claim. Garri, a product made from Cassava which is a staple diet in most West African countries did not originate from Ghana. You can take out the extra "i" in it, it does not make it your creation. smiley

Now lets talk about Alomo Bitters and High life mmusic. Alomo is a Ghanaian export, but so are the Dangote brands of sugar, cement, carton juices, spaghetti and rice sold in Ghana, Nigerian exports but you don't hear Nigerians bleating about it, do you?

Yes Highlife originated in Ghana and was enjoyed at some point in Nigeria, but so have new generation Nigerian artists taken over your musical scene.

About your "master" claim as a result of slave trade. Well, during the slave trade, there were numerous slave ports, according to your link, it was the Portugese that sold some Hausa slaves (who were themselves bought from Hausa slave traders anyway) to Akan middle men to be traded at El Mina. From your words, one might be tempted to think that the people of the Akan tribe came to the area that is now known as Nigeria to fight and capture slaves. Misleading. As for the moving of slaves from other African tribes to slave ports, it happened in Badagry where slaves from Alladah and Ouidah tribes (taken over by Dahomey) as well as other West African tribes were sold but Nigerians don't go to Ghanaian websites to boast about this. It was a dark part of our history. I wonder why any sane person would want to celebrate it.

I have also heard you talk about the independence thing when you used the Smoothcrim handle. You used to go on and on about how Ghana helped Nigeria achieve independence. Like other facts you presented, that is also laughable. Your much revered Kwame Nkrumah admitted in his autobiography that he was influenced by the nationalism of Nigeria's Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe who had graduated from Lincoln University Pennsylvania years before him and was the editor of Ghana's anti-colonialist newspaper "the African Morning Post."

Nigeria and Ghana were supposed to be granted independence at same time - 1957, but due to a misunderstanding between the regional leaders of Northern and Southern Nigeria, we got it in 1960. So next time, you are tempted to lie that you helped us gain independence, you can just come back here and read up again.

No hard feelings though. I believe cultures influence each other and for countries like Ghana and Nigeria that enjoy pissing contests every now and then, the rivalry is normal. I just take issues with your misrepresenting facts. smiley

6 Likes

Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by ABAKA72(m): 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
Keneking: Igbos are indeed really doing well ...
Nna you are stupid, you want to derail this thread. Ewu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sinzu Ft. 2face, M.I & Lynxxx – E Don Dey Madt (REMIX) / Download Thinking Out Loud Piano Sheet Music And MP3 For Free / New Music Video By Wizkid – Fever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.