Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,146 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana (15950 Views)

Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio / Download [video] Chris Brown Performs With Wizkid At Carpediem Concert In Lagos / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by bakynes(m): 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2012
Thank you Virgo i am a Nigerian fine but my kind of person i give honest comments. I cant imagine how people would think Ghana is anywhere near Nigeria fine Nigeria has a lot of Negative issues but mehn naija is far bigger than Ghana we have the best and worst tins in Africa.Even Ghanian women like Nigerian men coz we r way aheadin thinking than the ghanian men. Nigeria is blessed we only need to put our acts together and get it right
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by jrtorrents: 9:41pm On Dec 03, 2012
Nigerian's obsession with Ghana is just amazing !
How did a concert in Ghana end up on Nairaland? Because Nigerian artists are involved?
Such a useless 419 nation of crooks
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Kajina: 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
Godogwu:

actually I pronounce it " pɜːrs" like the British taught and that's how every good English speaking and educated Nigerian pronounces the word (your friends are probably touts or they didn't go to school) . I don't get what "perse", "markit", "buckit", "ankle" instead of "uncle"......etc ...like whats that?.

Well my friend, listen to the voice on the website I provided you. That is exactly how a Ghanaian will say it. BTW two of my Nigerian friends are Uni. grads. So as you can see, they are well-read. And about the bolded, are you serious? No educated Ghanaian will say that, "maybe" those without formal education. Listen to Ghollywood actors/actresses for beautiful Queen’s English. grin grin grin
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by doublefab(f): 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
[b][/b]big up p p p psquare!
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by virgo(f): 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
jrtorrents: Nigerian's obsession with Ghana is just amazing !
How did a concert in Ghana end up on Nairaland? Because Nigerian artists are involved?

Lol, you should talk about obsession. You are the Ghanaian with membership on a Nigerian forum. And the 419 thingy though, didn't Ghanaians copy and name their own "Sakawa". We are really obsessed with you guys. kiss
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Abrantie: 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2012
jrtorrents: Nigerian's obsession with Ghana is just amazing !

Aren't they all?

Tiny Ghana always causes mayhem when mentioned on NL. There must be a valid reason why.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Abrantie: 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2012
virgo:

I admire your patriotism, but a line must always be drawn between falsehood and truth.

1) Azonto is not the only dance favoured in Nigeria. Like Makossa, it is one of those foreign dances that Nigerians fell in love with, and like Makossa, it will be also be forgotten. Meanwhile, I hope you understand that Nigerians enjoy other local dances too, e.g Etighi and Alanta

2) Ghana did not give Nigeria star beer. I don't know where you got your facts from. Star Lager beer was first brewed in Nigeria in 1949 by the Nigerian Breweries Company while Ghana only saw it 11 years later in 1960. Since you love google so much, you should know this. smiley

3) Jollof rice did not originate from Ghana. It is believed to have originated from the Wolof tribe in Gambia before spreading to other parts of West Africa.

4) Pidgin English did not originate from Ghana dear "Chale". Pidgin English which is a form of simplified speech that involves two languages being mixed together to form a basic vocabulary exists in countries around the world. From Hawaii Creole to Sierra Leone Creole, countries have their own peculiar brand of pidgin English. As a matter of fact, it can be said that most Ghanaians have resorted to speaking Nigerian pidgin as a result of the Nigerian musical influence in Ghana. Words peculiar to Nigerian language which is present in our brand of pidgin is being copied by Ghanaians. I once read an article by a Ghanaian bemoaning this fact. But hey, influences go both ways, right?

5) Education? How on earth is that possible? Except Ghana and not Britain colonized Nigeria. Besides, Britain only brought Western civilization and education. Nigeria boasted advanced cultures and civilizations from the Nok culture that influenced the Bantu tribes and taught them iron making skills that they used to displace the tribes they met during their trek from Benue, Cross River down to the Congo and all the way to South Africa, the Oyo Empire which conquered territories to Dahomey (present day Benin Republic), Arochukwu, Kanem Bornu Empire, Old Benin Empire. Ghana cannot stand Nigeria in terms of ancient civilizations. Nigerian cultures have influenced countries worldwide. From Brazil to America, you find cultures that are based on Nigerian folklores and traditions. Also in modern times, Nigeria has produced scholars recognized worldwide more than Ghana. So you need to thread carefully with your education claim.

6) Garri was invented by Ghana? What a ridiculous and even ludicrous claim. Garri, a product made from Cassava which is a staple diet in most West African countries did not originate from Ghana. You can take out the extra "i" in it, it does not make it your creation. smiley

Now lets talk about Alomo Bitters and High life mmusic. Alomo is a Ghanaian export, but so are the Dangote brands of sugar, cement, carton juices, spaghetti and rice sold in Ghana, Nigerian exports but you don't hear Nigerians bleating about it, do you?

Yes Highlife originated in Ghana and was enjoyed at some point in Nigeria, but so have new generation Nigerian artists taken over your musical scene.

About your "master" claim as a result of slave trade. Well, during the slave trade, there were numerous slave ports, according to your link, it was the Portugese that sold some Hausa slaves (who were themselves bought from Hausa slave traders anyway) to Akan middle men to be traded at El Mina. From your words, one might be tempted to think that the people of the Akan tribe came to the area that is now known as Nigeria to fight and capture slaves. Misleading. As for the moving of slaves from other African tribes to slave ports, it happened in Badagry where slaves from Alladah and Ouidah tribes (taken over by Dahomey) as well as other West African tribes were sold but Nigerians don't go to Ghanaian websites to boast about this. It was a dark part of our history. I wonder why any sane person would want to celebrate it.

I have also heard you talk about the independence thing when you used the Smoothcrim handle. You used to go on and on about how Ghana helped Nigeria achieve independence. Like other facts you presented, that is also laughable. Your much revered Kwame Nkrumah admitted in his autobiography that he was influenced by the nationalism of Nigeria's Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe who had graduated from Lincoln University Pennsylvania years before him and was the editor of Ghana's anti-colonialist newspaper "the African Morning Post."

Nigeria and Ghana were supposed to be granted independence at same time - 1957, but due to a misunderstanding between the regional leaders of Northern and Southern Nigeria, we got it in 1960. So next time, you are tempted to lie that you helped us gain independence, you can just come back here and read up again.

No hard feelings though. I believe cultures influence each other and for countries like Ghana and Nigeria that enjoy pissing contests every now and then, the rivalry is normal. I just take issues with your misrepresenting facts. smiley

It's evident you've tried very hard to deny the obvious.

Star beer is from Ghana, just like Kente cloth. Give me a web link that proves otherwise.

Nigeria Brewery produces Star Beer (including other non-Nigerian/foreign brands) UNDER LICENSE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Africa#Nigeria
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by virgo(f): 10:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
Abrantie:

Aren't they all?

Tiny Ghana always causes mayhem when mentioned on NL. There must be a valid reason why.

grin grin grin Anything to make you sleep well at night.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by antontech(m): 10:33pm On Dec 03, 2012
In terms of stage performance,they are the best i hv seen.They rocked awka 2yrs ago at star trek for more than 1hr.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Abrantie: 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
antontech: In terms of stage performance,they are the best i hv seen.They rocked awka 2yrs ago at star trek for more than 1hr.

What do you mean by "stage performance"?

What's so artistic and entertaining about two ugly Nigerian dudes, with their pants pulled down a la Black American rappers, hoping all over the place like they gotta take a sh!!t??
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by virgo(f): 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
Abrantie:

It's evident you've tried very hard to deny the obvious.

Star beer is from Ghana, just like Kente cloth. Give me a web link that proves otherwise.

Nigeria Brewery produces Star Beer (including other beers) UNDER LICENSE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Africa#Nigeria

Now to your lie about Ghana giving us Star

Here is the link to NB Plc's website - http://www.nbplc.com/our_company.html

You guys only got it in 1960. Sorry love - http://www.modernghana.com/news/145279/1/star-beer-rebranded.html

Star Beer is brewed in Ghana by Guinness.

It is brewed in Nigeria under license from Guinness.

Is Guinness a Ghanaian company? smiley

Fact - Nigeria got the beer before Ghana.
And who wears Kente in Nigeria? I can count the people I have seen with that cloth on the fingers of one hand .

Let's talk about other things abeg. Fighting over something as crappy as a beer gives me headache.
Let's do millionaires, super achievers, business minded people e.t.c wink

Okay enough of this pissing contest, I am off to bed.

3 Likes

Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by virgo(f): 10:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
Abrantie:

What do you mean by "stage performance"?

What's so artistic and entertaining about two ugly Nigerian dudes, with their pants pulled down a la Black American rappers, hoping all over the place like they gotta take a sh!!t??

LMAO. I just fell off my chair laughing. But come on now, those guys still have more fan base than your local stars. tongue

2 Likes

Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Abrantie: 11:00pm On Dec 03, 2012
virgo:

Now to your lie about Ghana giving us Star

Here is the link to NB Plc's website - http://www.nbplc.com/our_company.html

You guys only got it in 1960. Sorry love - http://www.modernghana.com/news/145279/1/star-beer-rebranded.html

Star Beer is brewed in Ghana by Guinness.

It is brewed in Nigeria under license from Guinness.

Is Guinness a Ghanaian company? smiley

Fact - Nigeria got the beer before Ghana.
And who wears Kente in Nigeria? I can count the people I have seen with that cloth on the fingers of one hand .

Let's talk about other things abeg. Fighting over something as crappy as a beer gives me headache.
Let's do millionaires, super achievers, business minded people e.t.c wink

Okay enough of this pissing contest, I am off to bed.

BULLSHIT! Star Beer has ALWAYS been associated with Ghana. We built and own that brand. It's Ghanaian to the core. 1960... 3 years after independence... there's no way Kwame Nkrumah would have introduced a Nigerian beer into Ghana. Who was Nigeria in 1960??

Heck, even the name "STAR" as in "BLACK STAR" screams Ghana all the way. Go sit down for corner dunce!

Do you have any other links that proves otherwise apart from what Nigeria Breweries posted on its own website?
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by mikuz(m): 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
Abrantie:

BULLSHIT! Star Beer has ALWAYS been associated with Ghana. We built and own that brand. It's Ghanaian to the core. 1960... 3 years after independence... there's no way Kwame Nkrumah would have introduced a Nigerian beer into Ghana. Who was Nigeria in 1960??

Heck, even the name "STAR" as in "BLACK STAR" screams Ghana all the way. Go sit down for corner dunce!

Do you have any other links that proves otherwise apart from what Nigeria Breweries posted on its own website?
Now what's the link between the show and Star for Pete's sake? Quit with this please . . .
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by truelovecom: 11:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
Abrantie:

Abeg go sleep…Money una no get, industries una no get , economy una no get(lagos economy is larger than your so called ghana economy). music nko? una no get……Abeg wetin ghana get?

3 Likes

Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by mikron(m): 11:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
etudaddy: i pity ghana. see people wey me and them dey drink beer together everyday na them dis kind crowd dey watch. ghana sorry. inshort ghana must go
u got me cracking here
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by mikron(m): 12:10am On Dec 04, 2012
vanstanzy:

GBAM!!!, others are a sheer disgrace especially nollywood. Infact all join.
honestly i get pissed off when i hear people like you talk the way u just did. And what is disgraceful about Nollywood? must we act like the whites? appreciate ur own for christ sake, psquare is doing the country proud in ghana yet some nairalanders that have negative mindset like urs are just not comfortable with it. i tire for people o. na witch? cos its only witches that dont like good things.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Godogwu: 12:47am On Dec 04, 2012
Kajina:

Well my friend, listen to the voice on the website I provided you. That is exactly how a Ghanaian will say it. BTW two of my Nigerian friends are Uni. grads. So as you can see, they are well-read. And about the bolded, are you serious? No educated Ghanaian will say that, "maybe" those without formal education. Listen to Ghollywood actors/actresses for beautiful Queen’s English. grin grin grin

I listened to it and "bucket" sounds nothing like "buckit". Oh and you should also listen to Nollywood's veteran actors "their idols" and see how English is spoken. Let me do you the honor and name a few aii; Olu Jacobs, Joke Silva, Onyeka owenu, Genevieve, Omotola, Ramsey Noah....the list goes on and on, so here's a bench for you while you listen to these people \_________. wink
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by manny4life(m): 1:30am On Dec 04, 2012
Abrantie:

Look at the pot calling the kettle black. Whose ego is the GIANT in Africa? (pun intended).

Na so the thing pain u reach? Abeg go and hug transformer jor... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Yes na, yall egos - ehn we're not giant, now pick a knife and slash your throat and fucking bleed to coma...shioor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Cusubaba(m): 6:05am On Dec 04, 2012
Abrantie:

Aren't they all?

shut up there, u trokossi voodoo, sakawa ghanaian. I pity Nigerians who have time to argue with lazy senseless Ghanaians. Ghanaians are Obroni ( western) worshipers. Nigeria control 65% of Ghana economy. Shut the heal up, who is Kwama nkrumah? That useless man that ran to Guinea and seek asylum and died in europe like a slave.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by Cusubaba(m): 7:26am On Dec 04, 2012
Abrantie:

ur nothing but a retarded plastic. U Ghanamen are senseless apes. Star is a Guinese product and Guinese is own by a whiteman. 99% of companies in Ghana is own by foreigners. Even common pure white company called voltic water is own by an Indian. Melcon the biggest super market in Ghana is own by an Indian. Alomo bitter is own by a Lebenese. The rest are own by Nigerians. From Glo network to Silver bird, zenith bank to Eco bank, Indomie to Gala, Lacasara to 5 alive. Senseless lazy Ghanaians, don't u know that u Ghanaians are slaves in ur country. Useless country that Obroni( western) bastard Jerry Rawlings, a son of scoltish man rule for 20 years after ur independence.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by truelovecom: 8:01am On Dec 04, 2012
Abrantie:

please stop ranting. Una get economy?…only a state in nigeria " lagos" is larger than your so called ghana economy.

Una get 24hours steady light(as una claim), but yet una economy no even reach lagos economy half.
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by virgo(f): 9:43am On Dec 04, 2012
Abrantie:

BULLSHIT! Star Beer has ALWAYS been associated with Ghana. We built and own that brand. It's Ghanaian to the core[/b]1960... 3 years after independence... [b]there's no way Kwame Nkrumah would have introduced a Nigerian beer into Ghana. Who was Nigeria in 1960??

God, Ghanaians must really love their beer. I can't believe you are still dragging the star thing. You want more links proving that Nigeria got Star beer before Ghana? Okay love, find them below.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Breweries
- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_was_Star_beer_first_produced_in_Nigeria
- http://archive.unu.edu/unupress/unupbooks/uu34ee/uu34ee0o.htm

Then back to your comment...

- Highlighted 1 - Hehe. Guinness is Irish. Go build your own company and stop claiming another country's product. This is the kind of thing you don't catch Nigerians doing.

- Highlighted 2 - What in God's name are you ranting about?

- Highlighted 3- LOL! You are one hell of a comedian. I bet Ghana even invented the word "star". I think you should all apply for a copyright on that word just because your country uses it.

- Highlighted 4 - You have shown that you have the intellectual capacity of a one year old. The joke is on you buddy. kiss kiss
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by 10KNews: 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
virgo:

God, Ghanaians must really love their beer. I can't believe you are still dragging the star thing. You want more links proving that Nigeria got Star beer before Ghana? Okay love, find them below.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Breweries
- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_was_Star_beer_first_produced_in_Nigeria
- http://archive.unu.edu/unupress/unupbooks/uu34ee/uu34ee0o.htm

Then back to your comment...

- Highlighted 1 - Hehe. Guinness is Irish. Go build your own company and stop claiming another country's product. This is the kind of thing you don't catch Nigerians doing.

- Highlighted 2 - What in God's name are you ranting about?

- Highlighted 3- LOL! You are one hell of a comedian. I bet Ghana even invented the word "star". I think you should all apply for a copyright on that word just because your country uses it.

- Highlighted 4 - You have shown that you have the intellectual capacity of a one year old. The joke is on you buddy. kiss kiss

Dear Virgo,

This is as a fact that we do not know your real name. We have followed most of your comments on our posts and on other posts by other people. We have also read your post and we all concluded, that you are tooooo intelligent to be neglected. So we are seeking permission from you to allow that we always copy and post on our blog any of your posts or comments on a post we find here on NL or in any other places on the internet. You are one Nigerian, Nigeria is missing....educated and well read with fact of research (Not just copy and paste people do these days).

Your education was not a waste babe!

Thank you very much.

=10KNews= Team

follow on twitter @10knews

or like us on facebook www.fb.com/10knews

If you will also love to have your posts constantly posted on our blog, we will sure grant you the request with speed!

1 Like

Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by GentleFrank(m): 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
Psquare carry go jawe !!!
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2012
omenka:
So do I. I believe Nigerians are much more critical and difficult to impress than the Ghanaians.
The only entertainers that could pull such a crowd in Nigeria are both dead: micheal Jackson and Fela Kuti.
My opinion tho.

^^^What of Elton John? Forget the anti-gay sentiments.....if he has a concert in Nigeria, you'll see peeps even spilling over the wall to get into the venue, and most likely cat-fights amongst the omoges for front row seats (with weaves-ons, wigs, false eyelashes and nails all fair game for attack).
Re: 40,000+ Turn Out For P-Square Concert In Ghana by OmoUSH(m): 1:25am On Jun 16, 2013
If people are given the chance, singers like Usher, beyounce, jay 2, Yeezy, and more can pull over 70 million people in Nigeria together. As 4 Nigerians bragging about like idiots here about their country, Ghana got the chuncks of educated elites in the 20th century following d independence of west african states from The White Masters. Very imbecilic and ignoramus Nigerians. I am a Nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sinzu Ft. 2face, M.I & Lynxxx – E Don Dey Madt (REMIX) / Download Thinking Out Loud Piano Sheet Music And MP3 For Free / New Music Video By Wizkid – Fever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.