Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education (9167 Views)

TRUE LIFE STORY - Parent Teach Your Girls / Who's Responsibility Is It To Teach Sex Education? Parents Or Schools? / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by SamConquer(m): 10:14am On Dec 05, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Our househelp taught me the koko and I really enjoyed it
i had the oportunity to learn frm 1 of our beautiful househelp to..but i overlooked @op question....ya my dad and mum just told me to b careful
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by Lordemma(m): 10:17am On Dec 05, 2012
Vey Important topic raised here. the fact is that most parents neglect this and if you parent do educate you on this, the kudos to them
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 05, 2012
KINGwax: Yeah, i remembered when my mom used to hold down that girl's leg for me while my dad guide me inside her. My dad used to hold my waste and push it up and down slowly tellin me dt's how it's done. Most times i got carried away and snap myself free from my dad's guiding hands going up and down as fast as a hare!
My dad will alwys say, 'son, this is not abt u alone, remember d girl is here too'.
Sex education with my parents is awesome. I wish i can do it again. Hehehehe
wtf! Are u for real?

2 Likes

Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 05, 2012
rokiatu: She started telling me a bit just a bit when I was 18 (WHEN i ALREADY KNEW THE a TO z OF SEX) like seriously you gotta luv African Parents. ROFLMAO!!!

When you don already get pikin for University Primary School grin.
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by safarigirl(f): 10:20am On Dec 05, 2012
I was never taught, had no hints whatsoever, everything I know, I learnt from hanging with guys, reading books (that I came across myself) etc. No such thing happened for me, and I turned out much better than people who may have been taught. I even teach friends
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 05, 2012
Richfella:

When you don already get pikin for University Primary School grin.

Chie I am as good as they come.
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 05, 2012
My mum bought me a book titled "About Boys" when I turned 14 I think grin. And that was it.

For most Nigerian families, it's simply TABOO! grin
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by victorD3: 10:21am On Dec 05, 2012
My parent never did but my big sister always did since she was a nurse
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by safarigirl(f): 10:24am On Dec 05, 2012
I was never taught, had no hints whatsoever, everything I know, I learnt from hanging with guys, reading books (that I came across myself) etc. No such thing happened for me, and I think I turned out much better than people who may have been taught. I even teach friends

2 Likes

Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 05, 2012
nikkyshyne: Yup! My dad did. Switches off the TV and talk. Sometimes he calls me to listen to a radio station when stuff like that is being discussed. He knows my status concerning sex too. Love you dada.
That was my mum. She used to sit me down and talk to me especially after listening to some s.ex related stuff on the radio, TV or reading from the papers.
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by searay(m): 10:26am On Dec 05, 2012
My Mummy told me that if I touch someone's daughter,they will be pregnant. So I didn't touch a girl untill my yera 2 when I mistakenly touchone of my colleague and I almost fainted. I ask her the following day if she was pregnant but said no and since then I have been touching...
I also thank our goat and dog because i used to watch them doing the practical and learnt lots from them.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 05, 2012
iamswizz: I swear!.. I thought ma self
Thought? ; Taught

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by helenobia(f): 10:32am On Dec 05, 2012
[quote
author=ihedioramma]IS GOOD TO TEACH THEM SO DAY WILL NOT GO INTO IT
HAVEING SEX . SEX IS FOR TWO MARRYD, PEOPLE ONLY . [/quote] tru talk, u're very ryt bt dis generation tins jst seems 2 bad.
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by jamesbridget13(f): 10:33am On Dec 05, 2012
ihedioramma: LET ME ASK U IS IT NOT GOOD TO TEACH THE YOUNG ONES ABOUT SEX?
its 100% right 2 teach young ones abt sex starting from puberty stage i.e 4 girls, when they ve started menstrating its proper 4 d mum to sit her down n tell her things that could happen when she gets involved in premarital sex but in d absence of d mum d dad can do dat. 4 me i wasn't taught by my parents directly it was indirectly. Dad always talking about HIV/AIDs 'anybody wey get em ein own don finish' those re d words of my dad but thank God 4 his faithfulness.
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by jamesbridget13(f): 10:36am On Dec 05, 2012
searay: My Mummy told me that if I touch someone's daughter,they will be pregnant. So I didn't touch a girl untill my yera 2 when I mistakenly touchone of my colleague and I almost fainted. I ask her the following day if she was pregnant but said no and since then I have been touching...
I also thank our goat and dog because i used to watch them doing the practical and learnt lots from them.
u re funny hahahahaha keep touching let mummy catch u

2 Likes

Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by esere826: 10:39am On Dec 05, 2012
@OP

I can still remember that day. LOL

my mum had bouth a science series for us to read. one of them was in biology
my siblings and I argued excitedly about what we were seeing
so we ran off to mum to clarify smiley

"mum read this" I said pointing to the portion of the text
She started reading:
"for conception to occur, the man has to insert his pe.nis into the vag.ina of the woman"
(*exact quote from the literature. Kai, see as I still remember*)

We couldn't hide our giggles, now we knew where babies came from
We repeated that quote a thousand times to any adult who cared to listen
almost like we were telling them that we now knew their nightly shenanigans

2 Likes

Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by UyiIredia(m): 10:40am On Dec 05, 2012
Only my mum.
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by Shalome(m): 11:09am On Dec 05, 2012
searay: My Mummy told me that if I touch someone's daughter,they will be pregnant. So I didn't touch a girl untill my yera 2 when I mistakenly touchone of my colleague and I almost fainted. I ask her the following day if she was pregnant but said no and since then I have been touching...
we on the same page bro,i learnt alot from the pigs in our farm lolz
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by drnoel: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2012
4 where? In Nigeria, r u new?
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by KINGwax(m): 11:35am On Dec 05, 2012
honeypie311:
wtf! Are u for real?
hehehehe...don't tell me u bilivd dt, sweets
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by promkingzz(m): 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sunymoore: Haah, me parents no even care wo, cause they knew they gave me good brought up
Good "brought up" u say? Lwkmd! What's faulty? U or ur keyboardslol
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by Babamide(m): 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
Richfella: My mum bought me a book titled "About Boys" when I turned 14 I think grin. And that was it.

For most Nigerian families, it's simply TABOO! grin
My mum gave me that book too and one other one when I was 16.
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by freecocoa(f): 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2012
My mum no even shame, she taught me and my sisters 5ex education, she even used to check if we were still intact till my elder sister left for college.

She was monitoring our periods like a hawk and any small thing na hospital straight.

She used to ask us what we thought, "annoying questions" back then but I've come to discover she lied about somethings back then sha like how we'll get HIV is we let any man\boy as much as touch our bwest let alone kiss us.
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by Cherish100(f): 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
I remember we'd sit and talk and the subject might go into s.ex at some point and she'd tell me not to sleep with any man and all that. As I grew, she started asking if I had a boyfriend and how she knew one cute guy. Once in a while she'd chip in the 'if you want to have sexx, make sure you use a condom. Don't let the man deceive you into not using a condom' advise. I can remember when I went to school one certain time and she came for my visiting day. She told me she saw the por'n I'd been watching in my dvd and some more in my book rack. I was embarassed but she just laughed about it. All in all, was okay.
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
Nah they never did, learned everything on my own. Such is life.
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by slimyem: 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
When i started menses,my mum told me that if any guy "touches" me,i'll get pregnant.It was just confusing...!
...then when the males started flocking aroung and coming home for visits,my dad constantly gave me books on HIV/AIDs and other sexually transmitted diseases.
.....learnt the rest on my own!!!
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by saintvc(m): 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
Cherish100: I remember we'd sit and talk and the subject might go into s.ex at some point and she'd tell me not to sleep with any man and all that. As I grew, she started asking if I had a boyfriend and how she knew one cute guy. Once in a while she'd chip in the 'if you want to have sexx, make sure you use a condom. Don't let the man deceive you into not using a condom' advise. I can remember when I went to school one certain time and she came for my visiting day. She told me she saw the por'n I'd been watching in my dvd and some more in my book rack. I was embarassed but she just laughed about it. All in all, was okay.

secondary skul girl dey watch bf for DVD . Smh
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by larrymoore(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
Not realy, but l could remember d type of selfish brothes n cousins l had then, while they were doing it with ladies they were always warning me nt to try it at home that it was bad n deadly- Selfish pple.
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by NessaFresh(f): 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
My parents thought me about sex when I turned 14 and kept it goin till 17...they made me know the DOs and DONTs...the best positions that are best for not conceiving and stuff..also they taught me how to properly lubricate for a..nal sex..they really made me feel experienced
Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by freecocoa(f): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
NessaFresh: My parents thought me about sex when I turned 14 and kept it goin till 17...they made me know the DOs and DONTs...the best positions that are best for not conceiving and stuff..also they taught me how to properly lubricate for a..nal sex..they really made me feel experienced
You gotta be kidding me shocked.

Freaking unbelievable, easy with the lies abeg.angry

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education by NessaFresh(f): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
Babamide: My mum gave me that book too and one other one when I was 16.

She knew you Gayyyy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage / Im Unhappy In My Marriage / Happy Birthday To A Nairalander's Mum (born Oct 1, 1960)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.