Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby (9203 Views)

PHOTO: Check Out Prince William And Kate Middleton Nakéd In The Bath / Hafsat Abiola, Joe Odumakin And Kate Henshaw At Nigerian Premiere Of Girl Rising / Genevieve Nnaji And Kate Henshaw In A Streetfight! - photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by fatdon1(m): 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
LONDON (AP) — Get the nursery ready: Prince William and his wife Kate are expecting their first child.

St. James's Palace announced the pregnancy Monday, saying that the Duchess of Cambridge — formerly known as Kate Middleton — has a severe form of morning sickness and is currently in a London hospital. William is at his wife's side.

The palace said since the pregnancy is in its "very early stages," the 30-year-old duchess is expected to stay in the hospital for several days and will require a period of rest afterward.

It would not say how far along she is, only that she has not yet reached the 12-week mark.

News of the pregnancy drew congratulations from across the world, with the hashtag "royalbaby" trending globally on Twitter.

Not only are the attractive young couple popular — with William's easy common touch reminding many of his mother, the late Princess Diana — but their child is expected to play an important role in British national life for decades to come.

William is second in line to the throne after his father, Prince Charles, so the couple's first child would normally eventually become a monarch.

In recent days, Middleton has kept up her royal appearances — recently playing field hockey with schoolchildren at her former school.

The confirmation of her pregnancy caps a jam-packed year of highs and lows for the young royals, who were married in a lavish ceremony at Westminster Abbey last year.

They have traveled the world extensively as part of Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee celebrations and weathered the embarrassment of a nude photos scandal, after a tabloid published topless images of the duchess.

Joe Little, managing editor of Majesty magazine, said the news bookended a year that saw the royal family riding high in popular esteem after celebrations of Queen Elizabeth II's 60 years on the throne.

"We're riding on a royal high at the moment at the end of the Diamond Jubilee year," he said. "People enjoyed the royal romance last year and now there's this. It's just a good news story amid all the doom and gloom."

Speculation about when the couple would start a family has been rife since their wedding.
www.bigstory.ap.org/article/palace-says-prince-william-duchess-cambridge-expecting-baby

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Akshow: 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2012
Awwww so sweet. About time. No be since April upper year them marry? If Na naija, the second pikin go done nearly de due. All the best o jare

1 Like

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by temujin1234: 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
Congratulations to them both.
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hip hip hurray!
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by slimyem: 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2012
hehe!!
...royal baby things..!!!
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by fatdon1(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2012
I Thank God For Them!
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by valencia25(m): 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2012
Congrats....
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by kuzzieOtiz: 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
KuzzieOtiz is expecting to eat supper any time from now cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by homesteady(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
lol....royalbaby....OP...you are wrong,Prince Williams is next to the throne after Queen Eliza not His father
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hey, when I had my first child a couple of months back, why didn't mukina post it on homepage angry tongue
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by salolo(m): 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
congrats.
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by fatdon1(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Hey, when I had my first child a couple of months back, why didn't mukina post it on homepage angry tongue
lolz, You Be Celebrity
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by ebamma3: 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2012
So even prince dey follow phuck toto?
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by crisycent: 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
Who gives a Bleep?

6 Likes

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by SamMilla1(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
Another over worshipped, over advertized, over protected DEVIL to be thrown to our face once more.
We will live alongside him or her like we have been doing.

8 Likes

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Builder: 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
Congrats to the couple..

.... but why does this warrant a front page news, this people are rich beyond anybody's imagination, they have stolen lands and goods from all around the world, the citizens of their country pay them money for up keep and to top it off, they live in castles. I just think there are far more depressing and worthwhile things to occupy front page than "following the joneses" and commenting on people who dont give a crap about ordinary people

4 Likes

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
crisycent: Who gives a Bleep?

Me damnit!
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 03, 2012
bad belle. Give honour to whom honour is due. Rejoice with those that are rejoicing. If you feel jealous, why dont you try to be celebrity and see if people are not going to celebrate your beautiful child. Thank god our world today is not shaped to put down people who areforward looking. Which means you can make it if you want. What you have done is unafrican!

2 Likes

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by 2CatWoman: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
I thought this was NAIRALAND not HELLO or OVATION magazine

2 Likes

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by victorD3: 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

We are talking of a Prince or princess been born here not another child that will grow up fighting for a Visa to go see what London looks like grin

2 Likes

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hi, did you get my mail?
SniperInADiaper:

Me damnit!
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
Annnnnnnnd?

1 Like

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hmmm! You have said it all
Sam Milla: Another over worshipped, over advitised, over protected priviledged devil to be thrown to our face once more. We will live alongside him like we have been doing.
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by niggadee(m): 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2012
royal scum spend uk tax money on lavish lifestyle

3 Likes

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by baby124: 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2012
Congrats and welcome future monarch and UK taxpayer responsibility tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
berem: Hi, did you get my mail?

I did and I replied it.
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by mystikal(m): 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
homesteady: lol....royalbaby....OP...you are wrong,Prince Williams is next to the throne after Queen Eliza not His father

When Eliza dies, Charles is next in throne, not Williams
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Ezeufi: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
How is this relevant to Nigeria? How is this relevant to Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
victorD3:

We are talking of a Prince or princess been born here not another child that will grow up fighting for a Visa to go see what London looks like grin

From a family + country that robbed your culture dry.

Slave angry

2 Likes

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
souldust: bad belle. Give honour to whom honour is due. Rejoice with those that are rejoicing. If you feel jealous, why dont you try to be celebrity and see if people are not going to celebrate your beautiful child. Thank god our world today is not shaped to put down people who areforward looking. Which means you can make it if you want. What you have done is unafrican!

Why should we celebrate foreigners who were our colonial masters and whose family was incharge? A family that will never have a black member? What he did is very African.

I rather listen to Tonto Dikeh!

3 Likes

Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
I wish her a safe delivery.
Re: Prince William And Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2012

^^ ask 'em.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doris Simeon Celebrates Wedding Anniversary With Stella Damasus Lover [PICS] / Bow Wow And Romeo Used To Be Friends! / Gov Fashola Hosts Winners Of Future Awards Africa 2014 [pix]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.