Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State (23987 Views)

Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects / Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / See Pics Of Ongoing Renovation At Asorock. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by nduchucks: 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2012
When is the governor going to embark on a human rights project which would relocate the people who live inside Olumo rock, who are exploited under the guise of tourism without being paid one kobo for the abuse, to habitats fit for humans abi such a project cannot be used to siphon money into the coffers of THE MAN[size=3pt] (jagaban borgu)[/size], ni?

Desola: awon eletaanu lo po ju lori topic yi.

wtf is eletaanu? Please stop using uninterpreted vernacular here. mumu
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
miketolu: . He did construct one of such around ita-eko axis opposite GOFAMINT. Ive seen it wt my eyes d last time i went to egba. So bring that to rest.

So that destitute people can sit on the bridge?
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by Desola(f): 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
ndu_chucks: When is the governor going to embark on a human rights project which would relocate the people who live inside Olumo rock, who are exploited under the guise of tourism without being paid one kobo for the abuse, to habitats fit for humans abi such a project cannot be used to siphon money into the coffers of THE MAN[size=3pt] (jagaban borgu)[/size], ni?

ode akindanidani omo!
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by KDULAR: 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2012
I know abeokuta very well at least secondary school and polytechnic education I had in the town and then , I used to tell my friends that the newly costruted road from post office through igbein to sapon then down to ijaye through adatan will soon become inadequate for the status of the state. Less than 10 years after that Abeokuta roads became choked up with. Some people came and could notdo anything and some is now doing something in the road expansion and some people are talking dust here. So Abeokuta should continue to look old and dilapidated ? well wouldn't say much.

For those who are talking about other areas remember the Saying "Ibi pelebe lati nmu ole je. when you are to have your bath , you start the scrubbing from somewhere before moving elsewhere. Just exercise li'l patience, they soon get to your side. Mind you I'm not from Egba, I'm Ijebu ( inside inside ) and I know this development will take a while before getting to my area, but no qualms as long AS THERE IS MOMENTUM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THEN the development will get there at the right time.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by Dynamicaziz: 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
Absolutely commendable!
How I wish they publicise our debt profile like this, then we'll know if they truly deserve the praises
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by lagcity(m): 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2012
Ufeolorun: Ibadan yesterday,Abeokuta today,Osogbo the other day,impressive.
Okun o Oga Fayemi keshelee? cheesy

Anti Ufe, Fayemi nse bebe.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by hustla(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2012
nice construction going on sha, abeokuta and environs will soon be like ekiti and akure
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by calcal: 9:24pm On Dec 04, 2012
after 50 years of independent we are still celebrating some constructions.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by Pataki: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
Desola:

ode akindanidani omo!

Akika! arabinrin e buuru oh! grin

Awon olote lo ya pa lori thread yi. Awon abinu eni, eleri buu. cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by litaninja(m): 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
Gbawe:

No responsible governor can afford to ignore any part of a State. I am sure those areas will receive requisite attention soon. Also, why not try and contact the office of the Governor to make your dissatisfaction known? You may actually gain satisfactory information , as a stakeholder, making pertinent enquiry rather than concluding the State Government is "silly" when it may just be the case that you judge prematurely.

What enquiry needs to be made about Roads that have remain un-repaired for over 5 years? Lets not even start to mention other infrastructure.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
PLEASE SHOW ME

SANGO OTA
OWODE OTA
IFO
YEWA
ILARO
SAGAMU
OWODE IDIROKO
ADO ODO

IS IT ONLY ABEOKUTA YOU CALLED DEVELOPMENT?
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by nduchucks: 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
Pataki:

Akika! arabinrin e buuru oh! grin

Awon olote lo ya pa lori thread yi. Awon abinu eni, eleri buu. cheesy

Nwanne, i bu onye JJC? At any rate, egbe ndi Abriba piafuka gi isi, ewu can beer.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
ndu_chucks: When is the governor going to embark on a human rights project which would relocate the people who live inside Olumo rock, who are exploited under the guise of tourism without being paid one kobo for the abuse, to habitats fit for humans abi such a project cannot be used to siphon money into the coffers of THE MAN[size=3pt] (jagaban borgu)[/size], ni?

relocate for wia?
wetin tourist dey come see for olumo rock if no be the prehistoric cavemen we de live for inside?
you tink say na rock dem come see? you tink say oyibo no get rock for oyiboland?
lmao.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by FreeGlobe(f): 11:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Nwanne, i bu onye JJC? At any rate, egbe ndi Abriba piafuka gi isi, ewu can beer.
ROFLMAO.

Desola has desolated her brains for amala with ewedu grin
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 04, 2012
Okija_juju: WTF!!!! Is this what these Yoruba people are shouting about?! Were you guys living in the jungle before?!! shocked shocked shocked Other States are talking about automated Monorail systems, Ogun is still buying fake Chinese buses with zero safety rating for transport.. 3 Bulldozers for 300 Million Naira and that constitutes Agricultural project?! Na garden una dey call farm?! Like seriously?!

I am now convinced that the only thing that makes Lagos stand out is the fact that it was once a former capital city.. IF NOT!! The whole state would have been one big Makoko State..

Utter rubbish.. Rotimi Amaechi & Akpabio will be laughing their nuts off at this mediocrity.. #Meat transport tricycle.. Like WTF is the governments business with that shiit anyways?!

If u want post a comment please do so with your head and not your legs. If u want to talk about things that are not in the right do so politely and don't open that dirty gutter in your head that u call brain to think rubbish and post rubbish u this hopeless biafrans
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by Sirdayor(m): 12:15am On Dec 05, 2012
To be sincere, I think this government of Amosun is trying. Though need not to brag because that is the reason why he was voted into the place, those good move are just the normal expectation of people from a responsible government.
But one moment! was the past administration of OGD not being given allocation too, why nothing substantial was done apart from olumo rock & few stuff?
May God help my country.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by djustice: 1:14am On Dec 05, 2012
Gbawe:

Djustice is the sort blinded by party/ethnic affiliation to the extent he can never admit the truth about certain folks. If Amosun even turned Ogun into Dubai in 6 months when it used to be worse than the most devastated war-torn Nation, Djustice and others like him would still say exactly what they say above.

I always say it here that we will all have our ethnic/political differences but it is sad to see some so unreasonably blinded by their hatred of others to the extent they are unable to call a spade a spade, give credit where due and move on. Those of us who still retain our humanity and refuse to degenrate into animals still remain happy to give credit where due in the interest of the development of all parts of Nigeria. What, for example, is to be gained going around trying to discredit Akpabio or Chime's achievements merely because they are PDP Governor?

No one is saying Ogun is now paradise or that everywhere has been affected spectacularly but the Governor is working and he enjoys a high approval rating from those who matter i.e those he serves. Some things make him stand out as very caring as well. During the elections, he promised 100 transformer to improve electrification across the State. He ended up delivering 500 brand new transformers after the elections i.e 400 more than promised. All children in the State have free educational materials and teachers are supported with car purchase schemes. These are a few of the many things the Governor has done. It is therefore perfectly acceptable for folks to be optimistic and supportive based on what Amosun has achieved in a year.

The 9th Epistle of Gbawe to the Galatians. I see you've got a new Akotileta Criminals of Nigeria laptop. All this grammar, just to lick SIA's ass? Ah, Gbawe, you sell yourself short. You could be more concise and more truthful, but, as always amongst the lowest common denominators in our great race, you're just an Alagbe afterall - a money blinded praise singer!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by Desola(f): 1:18am On Dec 05, 2012
Jastomboy11:

If u want post a comment please do so with your head and not your legs. If u want to talk about things that are not in the right do so politely and don't open that dirty gutter in your head that u call brain to think rubbish and post rubbish u this hopeless biafrans

shocked shocked shocked kiss kiss
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by bsalva(m): 1:42am On Dec 05, 2012
It is imperative to note that 99% of amosun's projects are being carried out in abeokuta yet he wants the other parts of the state to pay taxes let him do something to the border towns including the popular sagamu,sincerely he has done below wat i expect of him ,shame to ACN for having a sectional govenor
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by eaglechild: 6:15am On Dec 05, 2012
Ogun is a GROSS under achiever, that is not utilizing her proximity to Lagos optimally.
Abeokuta is a shadow of what it shld be(a glorified semiurban settlement, instead of a thriving tourist destination).
There is nothing of note in those pics.

The one with AMOSU in a pit struggling to commission a project is outright ridiculous!
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by brabus(m): 6:36am On Dec 05, 2012
ActiveMan: PLEASE SHOW ME

SANGO OTA
OWODE OTA
IFO
YEWA
ILARO
SAGAMU
OWODE IDIROKO
ADO ODO

IS IT ONLY ABEOKUTA YOU CALLED DEVELOPMENT?

Sagamu roads

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by brabus(m): 6:37am On Dec 05, 2012
Ogijo-Ikorodu road

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by brabus(m): 6:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Lafarge factory, Sagamu

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by brabus(m): 6:44am On Dec 05, 2012
I want to believe this is a case of misplaced priority. Mowe, Ofada, Akute, Lambe, Arepo, Ogudu, Ode-Lemo road linking Ikorodu expressway (you can do Sagamu - Ajah within 70 mins using this road if fixed), Ogijo/Odongunyan road, Sango/Ifo, Siun, Omu, Epe road, and many roads are still in Ogun state.

I want to see those roads fixed; new roads built and not all these expansions called development.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by brabus(m): 6:58am On Dec 05, 2012
My point here is this. You won't fly to Abeokuta. You'll drive past these sordid areas before you get to Abeokuta.

I haven't seen anything fantastic in any of these place. Oyo state is by far better than Ogun state in terms of development.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by tuyi19: 7:46am On Dec 05, 2012
Most of these things are the things mimiko did in ondo state and ACN came out to speak against it that they are only met for lagos state, so is tinubu allowing amosun to do it in ogun state. i visited ogun last week and i cannot ascertain most of the things i see in the picture. if truly, amosun has done all these, good for him and i pray for more power to his elbow.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by Cool83(m): 10:19am On Dec 05, 2012
abrat: We love deceiving ourselves in this country. Why can't we for once face reality? Road construction is good, Urban renewal is good but is that the way to go about it? Demolishing pple's choice & houses without adequate provision/compensation before the demolition is done. Sacking of over 2000 workers, suspension of over 1000 teachers at this period of high unemployment rate, and He is even planning to sack more. He keep employing road & market sweepers.
In a democratic setting, power truly belong to the pple, Why is Amosun imposing candidates on pple during primaries?
Besides, provision of adequate infrastructure is the reason why we elected him in the fisrt instance. you should know your right as citizens.Medical officers are complaining of shortage of staffs.
He must not sell Ogun state to Tinubu as Fashola is doing presently oo!!!
why did he sack the teachers.tell us
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by abrat: 11:37am On Dec 05, 2012
Cool83:
why did he sack the teachers.tell us

I did not say sack, the teachers were suspended! dude.

By the way, of all the points raised so far; are u saying there are enough medical staffs (nurses &midwives) or Amosun did not impose candidates on pple during primaries & LG election? The 2000+ He sacked, are u saying all of them posses fake certificates? or loyal to Daniel? For God's sake, Aremo Olusegun Osoba (my sure father) employed workers some weeks to the end of his tenure & Daniel did not sack them. Go & check history if u are new in Ogun state. We voted for him (sacked workers inclussive) because pple actually wanted a change. He now thinks He is the Mesiah of Ogun State? He should remember those suspended has pple they feed.We'll keep our fingers crossed till 2015.

I don't think I should be discussing this with u anyways! A gov. that refuse to listen. AGIDI OWU.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by JimmyBoy1: 12:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
Nobody said we are there already, but a journey of 1000 miles starts with a step.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by emiye(m): 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
abrat:

I did not say sack, the teachers were suspended! dude.

By the way, of all the points raised so far; are u saying there are enough medical staffs (nurses &midwives) or Amosun did not impose candidates on pple during primaries & LG election? The 2000+ He sacked, are u saying all of them posses fake certificates? or loyal to Daniel? For God's sake, Aremo Olusegun Osoba (my sure father) employed workers some weeks to the end of his tenure & Daniel did not sack them. Go & check history if u are new in Ogun state. We voted for him (sacked workers inclussive) because pple actually wanted a change. He now thinks He is the Mesiah of Ogun State? He should remember those suspended has pple they feed.We'll keep our fingers crossed till 2015.

I don't think I should be discussing this with u anyways! A gov. that refuse to listen. AGIDI OWU.

Are you part of the sacked 2000 workers ? Daniel hurriedly employed 2000 workers a month to the end of his tenure.
Ogun state govt. asked those sacked to re apply, and those with the right credentials were re-absorbed. So what is the noise ? 1000 teachers with high possibility of fake certificates, you want those criminals to remain in the system as role models and teachers of school children ?
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by emiye(m): 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
In its effort towards sanitizing the education sector of the state, the Ogun State Government on Wednesday suspended the services of no fewer than 1,024 teachers for allegedly engaging in fraudulent and irregular activities like forgery and manipulation of credentials. The suspension is with immediate effect.

Few weeks ago, the state government engaged all its 6,531 teachers in a screening exercise conducted by CITC Consulting firm, which verified the statement of results and attestation letters from over 50 higher institutions across the country submitted by the teachers.

The firm’s final report which lead to the suspension revealed that 475 teachers possessed forged certificates and did not have their attestation letters confirmed by the originating institutions.

Furthermore, 274 were suspended for not appearing for the screening exercise, 236 for being totally unqualified, 12 for exceeding statutory length of service, and 11 for age discrepancies.

It was also discovered that 14 deceased teachers were still being paid salaries while 2 others were impostors.

Reacting to the suspension, the Chairman, State Universal Basic Education Board, Mufutau Ajibola said the suspension takes immediate effect pending formal determination of their cases by the panel established in the Office of the Head of Service.

Ajibola noted that the board is compiling documents to be presented to the State Police Command for possible criminal prosecution of those indicted during the exercise.

The State Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Segun Odubela had earlier said thus “ all our investments to provide affordable quality education will only yield result if we have well qualified and motivated teachers in our classrooms.”

Odubela affirmed that the exercise was about quality assurance on human capital.

http://www.zimbio.com/Nigeria+Today/articles/J9JjY8I51Nl/Over+1000+Teachers+Suspended+Ogun+State
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Projects In Ogun State by mufasa(m): 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
Giving praises to someone for doing their duty beats me.

Nobody takes my picture when I'm doing the job I've been paid to do.

There is a bridge over a motorway being constructed by the local authorities where I live, guess what when it's fully constructed there won't be any TD or Councillor to do any wash opening ceremony. Just users driving. No television , no media.

Nigerian politics is just so 17th century. If he ain't developing the state then what is his job?

The only way I can commend a politician is if he does what no one has ever done before. We are talking ground breaking achievements here and not some road construction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

They Forget That They Will One Day Be Like Us: Rain-drenched Pensioners To Govt / Attacks Against Osinbajo: How 4 Media Firms Apologized Over Fabricated Stories / Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.