Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? (7956 Views)

Wife Opens Secret: What My Husband Did To Me In The Bedroom / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Tips To Keeping A Good African Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Ryabcool(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2012
The idea of a man keeping a weapon in his bedroom for protection, what's your take on it? Can you keep a weapon in your bedroom for safety? Take for instance, your house is about to get burgled by robbers, would you prefer it if there is something(perhaps a gun) that can protect you and your family from these people? I'm basing my question on something I just read online. Honest/Candid views please... undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by greatgod2012(f): 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2012
U never can know d benefit nor d danger until u face d situation dt will warrant d benefit or d danger involved in keeping a weapon in d bedroom.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Ryabcool(m): 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2012
greatgod2012: U never can know d benefit nor d danger until u face d situation dt will warrant d benefit or d danger involved in keeping a weapon in d bedroom.
true. But what if it were assassins? Wouldn't you at least give your family a fighting chance or would you wait for it to happen first?
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by greatgod2012(f): 1:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
Ryabcool: true. But what if it were assassins? Wouldn't you at least give your family a fighting chance or would you wait for it to happen first?

that is why i said u never know d benefit nor d danger, until........
If an assasin comes into ur bedroom and u are able to first attack him via your weapon u kept at home, that is d benefit of keeping d weapon in your bedroom. On d other hand, if an assassin comes into your bedrrom, only to attack u with d weapon u kept in your bedroom, that is d danger of keeping weapon in d bedroom.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Ryabcool(m): 1:10pm On Dec 04, 2012
greatgod2012:

that is why i said u never know d benefit nor d danger, until........
If an assasin comes into ur bedroom and u are able to first attack him via your weapon u kept at home, that is d benefit of keeping d weapon in your bedroom. On d other hand, if an assassin comes into your bedrrom, only to attack u with d weapon u kept in your bedroom, that is d danger of keeping weapon in d bedroom.
you can't possibly put the weapon in plain sight. Its meant to be hidden and only for you and your spouse to know its location. An assassin can never know where the weapon is unless he/she has been told...
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by EfemenaXY: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
Ryabcool: The idea of a man keeping a weapon in his bedroom for protection, what's your take on it? Can you keep a weapon in your bedroom for safety? Take for instance, your house is about to get burgled by robbers, would you prefer it if there is something(perhaps a gun) that can protect you and your family from these people? I'm basing my question on something I just read online. Honest/Candid views please... undecided undecided

It's quite normal for couples to have such weapons in their homes, especially in countries where it's legal to - if you've got a license for it. (I'm thinking the USA)

But then again, if you've got kids, you've got factor them in and be very, very careful...to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by JoannaSedley(f): 2:22pm On Dec 04, 2012
Depends on how peaceful your marriage and family is. You wouldn't like your spouse pointing the damn gun on you in the heat of a brawl.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Ryabcool(m): 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2012
Efemena_xy:

It's quite normal for couples to have such weapons in their homes, especially in countries where it's legal to - if you've got a license for it. (I'm thinking the USA)

But then again, if you've got kids, you've got factor them in and be very, very careful...to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
interesting... You're making a whole lotta sense

1 Like

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Ryabcool(m): 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2012
Joanna Sedley: Depends on how peaceful your marriage and family is. You wouldn't like your spouse pointing the damn gun on you in the heat of a brawl.
Hmmmmm... Very True!

1 Like

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Ryabcool(m): 3:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
So far so good I've been getting female responses. I wonder what the males think...
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
Its a good idea,but it must be kept out of eye sight,its good in a country prone to social vices,where every man for himself.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by shadrach77: 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
i will never keep a weapon in my house neither will i encourage my partner to do so. Reason is simple. The devil might tempt one of you to use it on the other if you enter into an argument. Even the bible warns us to flee from any appearance of evil. the devil is sly smiley smiley wink
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
We have already discussed and agreed on it.... There will be a well hidden single barrel, 12-guage pump action in our home..
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by ZeusI: 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2012
As a man, i will keep weapon wether my spouse likes it or not. She would not even know. As for her keeping one; i won't accept, female genders has the habit of thinking straight, she may use it on me if she get infuriated unlike men.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
In my primary school a brother to one of my classmates accidentally shot himself with his father's gun, which he found in his father's drawer.
Of course as children we were never told the truth. We were told he fell in the bath and broke his head. Bottom line, I don't support!
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
Where else do you keep it? In the pantry? All licensed guns comes in a secured box and locked ..... just keep the keys safe especially if you have young curious kids.

Pow! Pow!! Pow!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by kumbalo(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
My Brother and I have had to use my Dad's weapon to attack a gang of robber (not fully armed though). In Nigeria u can never rely on the police at night. U MAY need some Bendel insurance alonside to be effective at its use.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by dadicvila(m): 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
why not,with the level of insecurity and reckless shedding of blood in this nation i urge everybody to own a gud gun if they can afford it....its not like you will go confronting legions of armed robbers but then you can never tell when it will come handy
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by kumbalo(m): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2012
Okija_juju: We have already discussed and agreed on it.... There will be a well hidden single barrel, 12-guage pump action in our home..
Boko Haram Things i suppose. Lol
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2012
I dont need to get her consent to keep a gun in my bedroom. With the state of security in this country, man gat to keep one of those guns
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by kokoye(m): 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
As a young boy, after watching Arelu (a yrouba movie back in the 80s), I went into my dad's room, picked his unloaded gun and aimed at the door. This was the exact moment my mom decided to walk in...she nearly passed out. Of course that was the last time I ever saw a gun in the house.

But now bring a father myself, I dont have a gun in the house but I do have a weapon in our bedroom. My wife was totally against..the stuff is still in our room..handy whenever needed but she knows nothing about it. It is a sports equipement but can surely be used to disable an intruder.

If you watch local news anywhere in the U.S, no one will need to tell you before you get something to protect urself with. Local news will make you paranoid.

I'm not hoping for anything to happen but better to be prepared to defend my household.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Teejayphillip(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
Dia's no big deal... I'll surely seek 4 her consent,n if she refuse I can alwayz kip it in anoda room 4 safety...
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Clemzy16(m): 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2012
I've always thought of having a 'shinning' legal private gun. But i won't be foolish enough to keep it load-full of bullets except for emergency occurence.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Adanyebe(m): 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2012
In fact i will even hang on in my sitting room... who want try undecided
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Francheezy(m): 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2012
well,

knife can b used as a weap0n,
X0 w0tz bad in keep!ng a kn!fe in my r0om ?
Huh
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
kumbalo:
Boko Haram Things i suppose. Lol

After experiencing robbery first hand, I dont think I ever want to be caught slipping.. Especially with my babies in the house.. I would have gotten an AK-47 if it was legal..
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by ba7man(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2012
Guns are soooo beautiful. I plan on having plenty if i'm chanced. Of course it will be kept in a safe location.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by yuzedo: 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
Well, whether she likes it or not, a weapon is already in the bedroom. undecided

Yeah I said it! My d(i)ck is a weapon of mass destruction! grin wink
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by kennz(f): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2012
Dis rminds me of a man wu kips gun 4prtection n hs hous,d kids wtch alot of violent muvis. By chnce d kids gt 2fnd d hidin plce of ds gun nd on ds un4tunate day,dey wer playin nd chose 2use ds gun as toy gun. D eldst actd a police prt nd pull d triger,dus shut hs siblin 2deth. Deyre actualy playn bt one cnt undaestimate d way kids tinks nwadays nd dey c evrytin u do. So if u tink u cn hide it wel frm dem nd dcide 2av a gun,dey'l fnd out nd play with it tinkin its d same toy gun dey knw cry
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Andrew3(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2012
Teejayphillip: Dia's no big deal... I'll surely seek 4 her consent,n if she refuse I can alwayz kip it in anoda room 4 safety...

And when the tif breaks in you will tell him to wait your gun is in another room grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by hrmkz: 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2012
I will prefer protection d african way dan risk regreting keeping a weapon cos if its nt used by spouse againt spouse, child against parent or self, it still nt safe if d bandit finds out abt it.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 04, 2012
Eff yes!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Encourage Parents To Let Daugthers Stay With Boyfriends Overnight? / Help Her To Stop Being A Lesbian / Post Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.