Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl (42445 Views)

The Story Of OYENUSI, THE Notorious Nigerian Arm Robber [pics] / Chinese Man Inserts Snake In His Nose And Out Of Mouth / Chinese Girl Writes With Both Hands At A Time, In Different Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by maclatunji: 10:10am On Dec 04, 2012
Must Watch: The Amazing And Incredible Spirit Of Qian Hong Yan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbYhhDFuZTY

If this doesn't touch your heart- I doubt anything ever will!
She was badly injured in an auto accident when she was only 3 years old. To ensure her survival, the doctors were forced to amputate both her legs.

The handicapped Chinese girl Qian Hongyan crawls with two home-made props and part of a basketball at Zhuangxia Village on January 5, 2005 in Luliang County of Qujing City, Yunnan Province, China. The girl who lost both of her legs in a traffic accident in 2000 at the age of three, struggles to live her life with a basketball as an underprop, Hongyan uses brushes as low-level crutches "walking" between school and home by herself. The girl's story is widely reported in the country, and experts from China Rehabilitation Research Center has come to Qian's home to help her for rehabilitative treatment early 2005. Qian now has a pair of proper prosthetic legs, but still says she likes to use the basketball from time to time as it is easier for her to get in and out of the pool with.

Qian Hongyan, who was forced to use half a basketball as her prosthetic body, has inspired millions recently with her ambition to compete as a swimmer in the 2012 Paralympics in London.
Qian swims about 2000 meters a day and trains really hard.

"Qian Hongyan studies hard. She never grouches in training although she was confronted with many difficulties at the beginning, " her coach said.
Qian's family, living in Zhuangxia, China

Always count our Blessings and try to be Contented in life.
Please share this video as a tribute to this extraordinary girl. Hope to one day make a visit to china to her home town - Yunnan. My prayers goes out to her everyday that I watch this video, wishing her the best as years goes by...

http://www.turnbacktogod.com/qian-hongyan-the-smiling-crippled-girl-in-china/

10 Likes

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Nasri100(m): 11:31am On Dec 04, 2012
I love this

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2012
MY GOD IS WONDERFUL

4 Likes

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Abyjah: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2012
This is God, pay your tithes to her. Not to some rich, healthy, private-jet-buying MOG

Anyways, let's talk about Jesus.

He said if you do any of these things to these ones, you've done it to Him.

13 Likes

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Nasri100(m): 11:35am On Dec 04, 2012
Abyjah: .

What? You dont have enough MB to stream the video? Hahahahaha cheesy
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by pinkydaisy(f): 11:36am On Dec 04, 2012
Father in heaven,,,i have been ungrateful in many many ways and times,please forgive me. Give me a grateful heart to be thankful everyday for you grace.

Poster, God bless you for this story, this is truelly something.

32 Likes

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Kezzy24(f): 11:36am On Dec 04, 2012
Speechless!

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by dollypi(m): 11:37am On Dec 04, 2012
she's got legs now.

8 Likes

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by sunnshyn(f): 11:38am On Dec 04, 2012
Help me lord to be content and grateful always. Help me also to remember that all my challenges are indeed stepping stones to greatness, Amen!!

@ topic, very inspiring!!

7 Likes

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 04, 2012
poor girl,strong sprit...now Nigerian drivers who drive like people ho are being chased by demons note this was a traffic accident...be careful
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Wendyslim(f): 11:40am On Dec 04, 2012
Hmmmm GOD is great. If na 9ja she for don turn automatic beggar.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Welder(m): 11:42am On Dec 04, 2012
Very Inspiring. So many things to be thankful and grateful for...

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by salafiyy: 11:44am On Dec 04, 2012
'ALLAHU AKBAR' GOD IS GREAT

10 Likes

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by oses4u(m): 11:45am On Dec 04, 2012
My God, even in my sinful life U̶̲̥̅ keep saving, protecting and forgiving ♍ę. ɪ̣̝̇'ll praise U̶̲̥̅ all my days.

4 Likes

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Flygerian1(m): 11:46am On Dec 04, 2012
Na wa o! God help her.
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by ektbear: 11:48am On Dec 04, 2012
cry cry cry

Jesus
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by ektbear: 11:49am On Dec 04, 2012
pinkydaisy: Father in heaven,,,i have been ungrateful in many many ways and times,please forgive me. Give me a grateful heart to be thankful everyday for you grace.

Poster, God bless you for this story, this is truelly something.

Amen, amen
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by 5much(m): 11:51am On Dec 04, 2012
dis girl is strong-willed nd ready to defy all odds.
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by AngelaUdoka(f): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2012
Upon evrythng yet little gurl is happy

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by xynerise: 11:53am On Dec 04, 2012
Holy Mary!!!. God is really wonderful
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Koolking(m): 11:57am On Dec 04, 2012
Wow! She even looks happier than the richest man with thousands of minions

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Catchfire1: 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
Na wa o, na me de cry like this cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

i don fall my hand for NL angry

but talk true, tears no build up small for ur eyes?
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by maclatunji: 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
Catch_fire: Na wa o, na me de cry like this cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

@bolded, if your heart is made of stone it won't.
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Candybob(m): 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
U see how sane people respond to challenges?
If it were in Nigeria, her family will abandon her to begging for alms especially northern nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Wendyslim(f): 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2012
Welder: Very Inspiring. So many things to be thankful and grateful for...
dat is it oooo, uv said it all cool cool
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by oloriooko(m): 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
so inspiring, am speechless
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Tochinn(m): 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
Aijalon: MY GOD IS WONDERFUL
. Those dat claim disability in Naija shud read and c dis. Notin lyk handicapable but hand-capability. God know a way of doing hs miracles, He neva close d doors and also close d windows but one must b open, it is on us 2 luk 4 d open door or window.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Wendyslim(f): 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2012
Catch_fire: Na wa o, na me de cry like this cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

after the tears ur eyes suppose catch fire ooooo undecided
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by oloriooko(m): 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2012
so inspiring and am speechless
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by cowgurl: 12:37pm On Dec 04, 2012
wow, this is simply amazing. Loved the smiles on her face, it's contagious.
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2012
Okay
Re: The Story Of Qian Hong Yan: A Crippled Chinese Girl by Gee001: 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
Indeed der is ability in disability. Jst c hw happy she looks. If she kud b happy, y cnt i be happy as well evn wt 2 legs i've got? I've learnt lessons 4rm dis post. I'm 4eva grateful 2 God

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Kills A Big Python That Wanted To Attack His Family (Photos) / Accident Involving Truck And Bus In Sokoto Kills Many (Viewers Discretion) / 10 Different Types Of Women You Will Likely Meet This Xmas At Your Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.