Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:43 AM

Office Spouse: What Are The Rules Of Engagement? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Office Spouse: What Are The Rules Of Engagement? (1044 Views)

If You Have The Power To Change One Thing About Ur Spouse,what Will That Be? / If You Found Out Your Boss Was Dating Your spouse, What Would You Do? / If You Get Angry With Your Bf/gf/spouse, What Would U Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Office Spouse: What Are The Rules Of Engagement? by zheroes(m): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2008
hey people,

sometimes an office spouse is more in tune with your life than a real husband or wife, i mean having to work together for some 50-80 hours a week, i know things can get dicey, so what are the rules of engagement?
if you have or had any you could share your experiences if you care.

i will join you guys later.

1 Like

Re: Office Spouse: What Are The Rules Of Engagement? by zheroes(m): 4:11pm On Feb 13, 2008
He knows your birthday, your favorite food, worst fear, and deepest, darkest secret. No, it’s not your husband, the man you promised to love and cherish until the day you die. It’s your office spouse.

An office spouse meets emotional needs, going beyond the requirements of the job.If you are in a bind, here is a co-worker,someone of the opposite sex -- who will care for you, who you can depend on, and who you can confide in.

Maintaining a healthy and nonsexual relationship with an office spouse can be tricky and sometimes detrimental to your real marriage. From walking a thin line between friendship and adultery, to avoiding a workplace husband or wife altogether, to keeping it strictly platonic.There’s an intimacy between you ,  yet you’re not intimate.

rules of engagement

If you have an office spouse, staying on the right side of the line is a must, for both your marriage and your career. Here are the rules of engagement:

1.Don’t share personal information at work, especially information about your marriage.If someone else starts to share their information with you, let them know you are not interested. It’s very hard to do, but don’t let it get personal. If someone does share personal information with you, tell your spouse about it so you’re not creating your own world at work that your spouse isn’t aware of.

2.If you do get personal, be careful how you categorize your marriage. If you are not getting along with your husband, and there is someone at the office who does care for you, and you tell them that, then you’re off and running. If you say, ‘I am crazy about my husband and we love each other so much,’ the other person is less likely to invest time or emotion into the relationship.

3.Don’t be alone with a person of the opposite sex separate from your job. For example, don’t carpool one-on-one, don’t engage in recreational activities after work, or if you have to travel for work with one person, bring your spouse. Romantic relationships develop out of recreational activities and intimate conversations -- those are the two major hooks.

4.Don’t drink with your office spouse. There’s a strict no alcohol rule with the office spouse, because when you drink the lines get blurred.

5.Introduce your real spouse to your office spouse. Go out to dinner with your office spouse and his or her significant other, and yours. Make your real spouse included in the relationship so it doesn’t feel exclusive.

6.Avoid constantly talking about your office spouse at home. Your real spouse should know about your office spouse, but don’t overdo it.

It’s a risk-benefit scenario, so if your marriage is important to you, you might want to give serious consideration to keeping your office relationships professional.

While an office spouse poses a threat, it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that the relationship can remain platonic.
Re: Office Spouse: What Are The Rules Of Engagement? by chychy(f): 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2008
I guess this is strictly 4 d married.

What of d singles?
Re: Office Spouse: What Are The Rules Of Engagement? by zheroes(m): 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2008
actually some years back i found myself in this situation, being very intimate with  a married lady were i once worked, she would tell me everything about her husband especially when he doesnt treat her right, while i did the best i could, i knew i wasnt going to play the role of the husband in any way because life was still interesting to me.

At a stage though, i felt the husband was becoming a little bit uneasy,because we are age mates(wife) so i had to go for the rule no.5: Introduce your real spouse to your office spouse.

we became real close friends such that when they travel he would send some gifts for me through the wife, its fun, but it can get realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy riskyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

[size=18pt]OVER TO YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Office Spouse: What Are The Rules Of Engagement? by zheroes(m): 4:30pm On Feb 13, 2008
chychy:

I guess this is strictly 4 d married.

What of d singles?

NO!!!!!!!!!! am single.

(1) (Reply)

It Seems She Used Me / Uk Girls R Shit / How Do I Get Her In D Mood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.