Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Ten Questions For Muslims - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ten Questions For Muslims (1499 Views)

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? / Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by snubish: 11:49am On Dec 09, 2012
that
there is only one God,

Muhammad, on whom be peace, is His messenger and the last of the prophets, and

the Quran was revealed for all mankind as guidance, mercy, and also as a warning.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by DandeNumeruno(m): 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2012
snubish: and

the Quran was revealed for all mankind as guidance, mercy, and also as a warning.
I'm assuming the warning aspect implies terrorism or fundamentalism, right?
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Sweetnecta: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2012
@Dan_de_Numeruno:
by Dan_de_Numeruno(m): 9:23am
I couldn't help laughing when I read this. Using Abraham, Jacob and Solomon as excuses and even going at some length by implying that they were Muslims really tells me all I needed to know on that issue: Muslims are only polygamous because of the Mohammed example. It was recorded that he married many wives, so it made more sense that his followers(Muslims) would try to emulate the standard he laid down for them.
And FYI, Abraham married only one wife. Mother of Ismael Was his mistress(atleast according to the bible)
i am glad you say humor in reality. i also wrote David as example. While Muhammad [sa] is my example, he was told by Allah that there are examples for him among the prophets [as], that have passed. Based on this, we bear Abraham [Ibrahim], Jacob [Yaqub], David [Dawud], Solomon [Sulayman] and of course Adam and many others, including the unmarried John [Yahya] and Jesus [Isa] [as to all of them].

I wonder how you could dispute the legality of the marriage relationship of The Best Friend of God to the mother of his first born, so much so important to God that He is the One, not the father or anyone else that gave the boy his name that you are hereby rubbishing? How do you know this your truth except from the Bible that Jeremiah says is corrupted, Jesus said the community are vipers, snakes, adulterous generation, etc with the littlest of faith? So that you may think for yourself, ignore Paul's curse on you because he is nobody and you must look into the Book given to The That Prophet and Another Comforter for ultimate guidance that if you hold on to, you will not be severed from God.

Muslims have been called "Jesu" for looking like him. To borrow your expression, it is what is inside that comes out; while you follow Paul to misguidance, muslims are following Muhammad [sa] to guidance, taking the best from Jesus in spirituality, not in marriage because unmarried name will soon be forgotten, taking from Abraham in spirituality as father of true faith, the faith we follow and hi love for family, taking from Jacob, David, Solomon and praying we never have wife lie the deceitful Rebecca of Isaac.

Wrong with capital W! Before I asked this question, I watched a show on an Indian cable channel about a woman wedded to three husbands! Yes, three of them if you can believe it. The phenomenon piqued my interest, so I did some research based on that. And from what I garnered, Some religions(mainly from India) actually endorse the bizzare union. But, the phenomenon occurred mostly in Europe and North America, chiefly among atheist. From my own point of view, it's just as weird as one man marrying more than one wife(Completely unnatural)
the 3 of them are brothers of the same mother. it is not in india, but some were in asia. the 3 brothers and the woman live with the mother of the 3 men. what you missed in that documentary is that the idea of polyandry was borne because there is scarcity of land, hence food and they devices the concept of keeping the land intact and remaining in the family by the sons sharing their wives. But there is scarcity of women in that society. You said it is bizarre. How do you disagree with it yourself with your immorality and you expect Muslims to accept it? you are a class act in a negative way. you dont lie something, and you want us to accept it. you dont want to share your wife, i am assuming. but you want me to share mine.

nowhere in north america you have more than 1 husband for a wife. nowhere. i doubt europe too.

Please, don't misinterprete my question. I never said that it's right for one to parade all over the place half n.aked. My question was simply why Islam cover up their women to the point that they look like shunned victims. Go to Iran, Pakistan or any of those Islamic countries in the middle east, and you will see what I'm talking about.
so if its not right to be na.ked in the street, why your complaint? i have seen many women covered up outside iran, middle east, africa, asia. they are white and americans of all shades and ethnicity. no one forced my wife to cover up in London. she saw the people and she began because realized she must be known as a muslima. i dont even live in europe. when you go on youtube and watch videos about hijab/covering, you will see that they do it of their own choice. oppression is worse than killing. so no one i know has oppressed his woman to cover.

Eastern Nigeria eventual conversion to Islam in the near future?? Dude, are you delusional or what...?
no. i am not deluded. On nairaland, there are igbo muslims of both genders. i know enough about them that i married one. Sir, you need to come to reality of what will become the religion of the igbo people; its Islam. Amin.

I watched a certain Muslim family kill a ram once, and believe me, there was nothing painless about it. Strangulation and torture was very much in evidence. But one thing that struck me was how they were enjoying the animal's pain, thereby turning what would have been a necessary clean slaughter into a sport.
i have been to slaughter houses in north america. at least one of them owned by jew. the mercy that is shown on animals is much less than what muslims show. muslim is not supposed to slaughter an animal in front of another animal. strangulation of animals is the exclusive method used by christians in the west, along with electrocution, shooting dead or stabbing of animals. none of these muslims can use, but slaughtering by swiftly cutting the jugular vein along with the throat so that dead comes immediately and blood is let out.

In north Africa and the middle east, none Muslims are automatically kaffirs. Back home in Nigeria, the Christians are the infidels, not the other way round.
what is the Quranic word for "infidel"? I guarantee you that you will not find it. Kafir, I am to you and you are right now to me. You are not an infidel to me, but i am to you, if you accept your Bible verses.

1 timothy 5;8

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
even in deut. of the ot, you are told to kill the infidel, me. what do you say about that since Jesus did not from his own mouth abolish the OT in so much so that swords were purchased with selling of all belongings, except what you are wearing?
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by BetaThings: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2012
Dan_de_Numeruno:
And what do you hope to gain by stalking me? #Bewareofstalkers#
Stalking? Why? I just wanted to know the antecedents and mindset of the person who was asking those questions.
I have nothing to gain in what you are up to on NL in so far as they are not related to Islam
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Saintparis1: 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
@Op i answered your questions And got banned because i used "twisted logic".

Mac please unhide my post and probably untwist my twisted logic after all he said the topic is for everybody smiley

Dan_de_Numeruno:
This topic is for everyone
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by DanielNoble(m): 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
vedaxcool: ^
Do you know his question does not really require significant theological knowledge to refute, in other words this something you can easily refute by doing a simple research using google the same way you probably googled up pictures that where not photo-shop! It is by doing simple research that ones becomes knowledgeable, I bet if you took it as a challenge you would both refute and become more knowledgeable, talk of killing two birds with one stone cause even Lagosshia could decide not to refute this thread or might simply cease posting on NL, so in that case Islam is doomed? No take up challenges like these to improve your knowledge base, Islam as a religion began detorieting in the heart of Muslims when we decided that knowledge is meant for only a few. Sometimes when confronted with question I have limited knowledge in, I usually do research on the net and come up with a good answer! So Iqra! From experience this sort of question have been dealth with time without number!
going to internet to source answer is a sign of lack of spiritual discernment.use theology to answer religious questions!!! Go to your quran and learn thats how you grow spiritually!!!
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
So why didn't you use the bible to get to your answer your question (that's if you are christian? Coz as far as I can see NL is not hosted in the bible! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zakatul Fitr: / Let Pray For The People Of Haiti / Let's Islamize Nigeria Too! Ebulition Of An Ultra-conservative 'salafist'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.