Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Ten Questions For Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ten Questions For Muslims (1494 Views)

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? / Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Questions For Muslims by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2012
Why is a man allowed to have more than one
wife in Islam? i.e. why is polygamy allowed in
Islam?
Q2. If a man is allowed to have more than one
wife, then why does Islam prohibit a woman from having more than one husband?
Q3. Why does Islam degrade women by keeping them behind the veil?
Q4. How can Islam be called the religion of peace when it was spread by the sword?

.Q5. Why are most of the Muslims
fundamentalists and terrorists?
Q6. Killing an animal is a ruthless act. Why then do Muslims consume non-vegetarian food?

.Q7. Why do Muslims slaughter the animal in a
ruthless manner by torturing it and slowly and
painfully killing it?

Q8. Science tell us that whatever one eats, it has an effect on one’s behaviour. Why then, does Islam allow Muslims to eat non-vegetarian food, since eating of animals could make a person violent and ferocious?
Q9. When Islam is against idol worship why do
the Muslims worship, and bow down to the
Kaaba in their prayer?
Q10. Why do Muslims abuse non-Muslims by
calling them ‘ Kafirs’?
This topic is for everyone but most preferably Muslims.
I need answers that make sense, not bashing of religion, please.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by maclatunji: 8:49am On Dec 06, 2012
Dan_de_Numeruno: Why is a man allowed to have more than one
wife in Islam? i.e. why is polygamy allowed in
Islam?
Q2. If a man is allowed to have more than one
wife, then why does Islam prohibit a woman from having more than one husband?
Q4. How can Islam be called the religion of peace when it was spread by the sword?

.Q5. Why are[b] most [/b]of the Muslims
fundamentalists and terrorists?
Q6. Killing an animal is a ruthless act. Why then do Muslims consume non-vegetarian food?

painfully killing it?

Q8. Science tell us that whatever one eats, it has an effect on one’s behaviour. Why then, does Islam allow Muslims to eat non-vegetarian food, since eating of animals could make a person violent and ferocious?
Q9. When Islam is against idol worship why do
the Muslims worship, and bow down to the
Kaaba in their prayer?

Q10. Why do Muslims abuse non-Muslims by
calling them ‘ Kafirs’?

This topic is for everyone but most preferably Muslims.
I need answers that make sense, not bashing of religion, please.

The bolded aren't questions, they are your own fallacious declarations disguised as questions.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by BetaThings: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2012
^^^^^
Some people have too much time on their hands. And how best to satisfy their intemperate hatred

Dan_de_Numeruno: It's high time Islam should be abolished in this country so that peace may reign.
It's now becoming obvious that Islam is not the religion of peace that Muslims are saying it is.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 07, 2012
I really wish somebody will answer the dude's questions. If his questions are ignored he might join the bandwagon of people saying Islam is a bad religion and it has so much to hide that is why Muslims are not receptive to people asking questions.
I would have answered but I am not knowledgeable enough.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 07, 2012
And you, OP, if you want to learn something about Islam from Muslims then ask politely. Don't write offensive statements or draw your own silly conclusions before your questions are answered.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by maclatunji: 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2012
fellis: I really wish somebody will answer the dude's questions. If his questions are ignored he might join the bandwagon of people saying Islam is a bad religion and it has so much to hide that is why Muslims are not receptive to people asking questions.

Answer him. grin
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
maclatunji:

Answer him. grin

I said this in my first post;
VVV
fellis: I really wish somebody will answer the dude's questions. If his questions are ignored he might join the bandwagon of people saying Islam is a bad religion and it has so much to hide that is why Muslims are not receptive to people asking questions.

It is at times like this that LagosShia's knowledge is usually useful. The dude used to LIVE on this section, he would probably have answered OP by now.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2012
^
Do you know his question does not really require significant theological knowledge to refute, in other words this something you can easily refute by doing a simple research using google the same way you probably googled up pictures that where not photo-shop! It is by doing simple research that ones becomes knowledgeable, I bet if you took it as a challenge you would both refute and become more knowledgeable, talk of killing two birds with one stone cause even Lagosshia could decide not to refute this thread or might simply cease posting on NL, so in that case Islam is doomed? No take up challenges like these to improve your knowledge base, Islam as a religion began detorieting in the heart of Muslims when we decided that knowledge is meant for only a few. Sometimes when confronted with question I have limited knowledge in, I usually do research on the net and come up with a good answer! So Iqra! From experience this sort of question have been dealth with time without number!
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
vedaxcool: ^
Do you know his question does not really require significant theological knowledge to answer, in other words this something you can easily refute by doing a simple research using google the same way you probably googled up pictures that where not photo-shop! It is by doing simple research that ones becomes knowledgeable, I bet if you took it as a challenge you would both refute and become more knowledgeable, talk of killing two birds with one stone cause even Lagosshia could decide not to refute this thread or might simply cease posting on NL, so in that case Islam is doomed? No take up challenges like these to improve your knowledge base, Islam as a religion began detorieting in the heart of Muslims when we decided that knowledge is meant for only a few. Sometimes when confronted with question I have limited knowledge in, I usually do research on the net and come up with a good answer! So Iqra! From experience this sort of question have been dealth with time without number!

Thanks for the admonition vedaxcool.

First of all, I know the questions do not require significant theological knowledge to answer and that anybody can write a three sentence reply to OP in answer to his questions but I think it would be better if a more learned person explained in details what the answers to his questions are, maybe backing them up with Hadiths and Tafseer.
I am not completely oblivious of the answers to OP's questions and I did not say I am not knowledgeable at all, I said that I am not knowledgeable enough, why are you giving me the third degree on how Islam is deteriorating in people's hearts? Everybody is learning, we are not all born as Ustadhs or Mullahs, give me a freaking break.

Secondly, about my thread on non-photoshopped pictures, all the info was actually on one of the different sites I like to visit and all I did was copy and paste it on Nairaland.
I didn't google it up.
Thanks for asking me before drawing conclusions by the way.

Thirdly, there is a lot of misleading info on the internet about Islamic affairs and many 'Muslim' sites are actually just deceitful, anti-Islam propaganda tools or they are information put up by many of the biased sects in Islam, so telling me to just go and google the answers up to post here is not a very wise thing to do. I prefer to do majority of my religious learning by listening, in real life, to real life Muslim scholars/teachers or to buy books on Islam instead of taking the risk of being misled by false information on the internet

Why are you sounding so pissed? Is it because I mentioned that LagosShia would have been helpful if he was here?

Do you hate him or something?
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
^
Well ma, I gave u simply an advise, which neither require any form of rebuttal nor justification, it is simply within your rights to accept or reject such advise. As the word simple research, means a process one engages in reaching the truth, hence just as they are many bad websites out there, there are also numerous good ones too it is just like wanting to do a transaction on line and say hey they are so many fraudsters on net, better I play safe and never do any transaction than sorry, we know life does not work like that!
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by maclatunji: 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
fellis:

Thanks for the admonition vedaxcool.

First of all, I know the questions do not require significant theological knowledge to answer and that anybody can write a three sentence reply to OP in answer to his questions but I think it would be better if a more learned person explained in details what the answers to his questions are, maybe backing them up with Hadiths and Tafseer.
I am not completely oblivious of the answers to OP's questions and I did not say I am not knowledgeable at all, I said that I am not knowledgeable enough, why are you giving me the third degree on how Islam is deteriorating in people's hearts? Everybody is learning, we are not all born as Ustadhs or Mullahs, give me a freaking break.

Secondly, about my thread on non-photoshopped pictures, all the info was actually on one of the different sites I like to visit and all I did was copy and paste it on Nairaland.
I didn't google it up.
Thanks for asking me before drawing conclusions by the way.

Thirdly, there is a lot of misleading info on the internet about Islamic affairs and many 'Muslim' sites are actually just deceitful, anti-Islam propaganda tools or they are information put up by many of the biased sects in Islam, so telling me to just go and google the answers up to post here is not a very wise thing to do. I prefer to do majority of my religious learning by listening, in real life, to real life Muslim scholars/teachers or to buy books on Islam instead of taking the risk of being misled by false information on the internet

Why are you sounding so pissed? Is it because I mentioned that LagosShia would have been helpful if he was here?

Do you hate him or something?

Ok, you want decent information about Islam online? Visit http://www.searching-islam.com, it filters out the falsehood and presents Muslim sources.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
vedaxcool: ^
Well ma, I gave u simply an advise, which neither require any form of rebuttal nor justification,

What are you talking about? You gave me simple advice which doesn't requires my rebuttal?

You did not reply my post with the sole intention of giving advice, you tried to make me look like a frivolous time waster when you mentioned a thread I started and that part of your post required rebuttal. There was no reason for you to have brought up a thread I started, you could have simply told me that I should google whatever I want to know.
You meant to cause offense when you said I could google information on another thread but could not google info on Islam.

Your post also required a rebuttal because you assumed I am too stupid to know that I can google info on the internet and that was why you thought it fit to 'advice' me by telling me about using google to get info.

Stop trying to act innocent, next time choose your words wisely if you know you don't like getting into altercations.

it is simply within your rights to accept or reject such advise. As the word simple research, means a process one engages in reaching the truth, hence just as they are many bad websites out there, there are also numerous good ones too it is just like wanting to do a transaction on line and say hey they are so many fraudsters on net, better I play safe and never do any transaction than sorry, we know life does not work like that!

Where did I say I NEVER get Islamic info from the internet?
This is what I wrote before, read it carefully this time.

fellis: I prefer to do [size=15pt]majority[/size] of my religious learning by listening, in real life, to real life Muslim scholars/teachers or to buy books on Islam
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
You call this an altercation? Truly don't make me laugh, suddenly you pretend to know what goes on in my mind, I will leave you to keep dreaming possible reasons that led to my advise, initially it was the mention of Lagosshia now it seems I intended to make you look silly, we wonder what next? Whatever altercation you are imagining it is clearly not with me. Have a pleasant day madam!
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
vedaxcool: You call this an altercation? Truly don't make me laugh, suddenly you pretend to know what goes on in my mind, I will leave you to keep dreaming possible reasons that led to my advise, initially it was the mention of Lagosshia now it seems I intended to make you look silly, we wonder what next?

So you came here to advice me because I mentioned LagosShia?

I only acknowledged that LagosShia used to be of help in this section, if you did not like the fact that I mentioned him, then you should have just passed by and not said anything at all.
If you want to be LagosShia's enemy, then that is your business, don't annoy or involve me because you have beef for him.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by maclatunji: 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
fellis:

What are you talking about? You gave me simple advice which doesn't requires my rebuttal?

You did not reply my post with the sole intention of giving advice, you tried to make me look like a frivolous time waster when you mentioned a thread I started and that part of your post required rebuttal. There was no reason for you to have brought up a thread I started, you could have simply told me that I should google whatever I want to know.
You meant to cause offense when you said I could google information on another thread but could not google info on Islam.

Your post also required a rebuttal because you assumed I am too stupid to know that I can google info on the internet and that was why you thought it fit to 'advice' me by telling me about using google to get info.

Stop trying to act innocent, next time choose your words wisely if you know you don't like getting into altercations.

Where did I say I NEVER get Islamic info from the internet?
This is what I wrote before, read it carefully this time.

Okay, please let it go. Both of you have made your points.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
fellis:

So you came here to advice me because I mentioned LagosShia?

I only acknowledged that LagosShia used to be of help in this section, if you did not like the fact that I mentioned him, then you should have just passed by and not said anything at all.
If you want to be LagosShia's enemy, then that is your business, don't annoy or involve me because you have beef for him.

All this talk is simply for what exactly? That you do not want to be advised? In such an event you should have simply said, veda don't advice me! Which would have simply cut short all this dogon turaci! Rather you have spent the entire time dreaming up fictitious reasons why veda simply passed an advise that would eventually make you more knowledgeable really it is sad that a simple advise as take up the challenge of the thread and do simple research has turned to a battle of life and death for you, trying as it were to save face at all cost when no face has been lost! I am pretty sure a lot of people would have said thanks for the suggestion! But how Nigerian it is to always find a motive behind simple advise which apparently bothers on sheer paranoia!
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2012
^Whatever.
Your malice with LagosShia is what made you comment on this thread. You don't deserve to be thanked for actions you took that were based on malice.
And stop that talk about me typing all that to save face. You said what was untrue about me and I corrected it and I also told you the reason why I didn't use google. What made you so sure I was trying to 'save face'? Do you now have mind reading skills or something?

Anyway vedaxcool, I don't want us to be enemies. Let us forget this misunderstanding and move on, sorry for any offensive words I said to you.
Salam.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by tbaba1234: 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
The OP should look for the answers to his 'questions' here:

https://www.nairaland.com/802617/questions-muslims-those-want-know
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by BetaThings: 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2012

He has already banded with the wagon. Some people ask questions not for knowledge but to debate. He posted what I quoted below on Nov 27, well before he came here for "enlightenment". And has he been here since he "asked those questions"?

Dan_de_Numeruno: It's high time Islam should be abolished in this country so that peace may reign.
It's now becoming obvious that Islam is not the religion of peace that Muslims are saying it is.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
BetaThings:
He has already banded with the wagon. Some people ask questions not for knowledge but to debate. He posted what I quoted below on Nov 27, well before he came here for "enlightenment". And has he been here since he "asked those questions"?

I see.

I thought genuine curiosity existed somewhere in his heart.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by maclatunji: 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
fellis:

I see.

I thought genuine curiosity existed somewhere in his heart.

How nice of you tongue. You didn't notice some of the contrived and biased conclusions in some of his questions?

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by DandeNumeruno(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2012
vedaxcool and fellis, please stop detailing the thread if none of you is knowledgeable enough to answer the simple questions I posted above.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by DandeNumeruno(m): 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
BetaThings:

And what do you hope to gain by stalking me? #Bewareofstalkers#
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by DandeNumeruno(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
maclatunji:

How nice of you tongue. You didn't notice some of the contrived and biased conclusions in some of his questions?
Contrived and biased? My questions were neither one of those things, dear mod.
Maybe, if you treat this topic with more of an open mind, you may found out that some of the questions are completely valid.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2012
maclatunji:

Abeg free me.
You know how some of these non Muslims don't have any manner of approach.Some of them can only talk rudely when addressing Muslims so I thought there was a chance he was just a rude questioner.

Besides even if he drew biased conclusions then is there anything wrong with showing him why his opinions are wrong and what Islam actually says about these things?
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by maclatunji: 12:28am On Dec 09, 2012
^You are freed, I understand you perfectly.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by Sweetnecta: 12:52am On Dec 09, 2012
@Dan_de_numeruno:
by Dan_de_Numeruno(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04 Why is a man allowed to have more than one wife in Islam? i.e. why is polygamy allowed in Islam?
If you accept that Islam was practiced by Adam, Abraham and many other prophets before the Islam of Muhammad [as], you will see assortment of marriages. Adam had one wife. lets leave the reasons alone because Only God knows the Absolute reason for this. We see that Abraham had more than 1 wife. We saw Jacob having more than 1 wife. We saw that David had more than 1 wife. We saw that Solomon the wisest in the Bibles had more than 1 wife.

If you deny that they were not muslims and say they practiced Judaism, go ask the jews why their religion allowed more than 1 wife. Remember you christians and the jews say that the jews are the chosen people of God, meaning what God allows for them is good for people to emulate. i hope you will understand i am saying this in order to answer your question. I am not of the opinion that when you are good with God, if you sin and dont seek forgiveness you will remain good with God except if God overlooks your sin by His Mercy.

Q2. If a man is allowed to have more than one wife, then why does Islam prohibit a woman from having more than one husband?
even the most liberal society and or christian, jewish, hindu, etc and even nigerian pagan does not advocate more than 1 husband for the woman. wife can accommodate co wife. husband will definitely refuse co husband concept. Or you will allow somebody as co husband on your wife? Islam is "natural". they way islam frowns on homo.sexuality is the way it frowns on co husband. even atheist will not allow co husband. ask logicboy03.

no one i know degrade his wife by keeping her behind the veil. As man becomes aware of their sexuality, your bibles say, man puts on cloth. People shed their cloths at the beach and nudi.st colony for those who have no shame. for those who have shame, they take up their cloths where it is appropriate; at home in front of those who can see more of you. I as a man have not allowed anyone to see where they should not see of me in so long that i forget how to be bare chested. I hope you as a man dont go about in your bathing shorts? You should let your women cover because no one wants the prettiest gem left in the dust for all to see or trample upon. the most important thing is obedience to God. God said to women 'cover'. Even men have to cover, too. What is covered in each case is appropriate to what is sexuality of each gender.

Islam entered Ethiopia before it entered Madina. Islam entered India, entered Madina, was ran out of Makka before it returned to it. Islam entered Taif, entered Egypt, Spain. Please tell me which of these places sword fell on? Tell me how it was sword that spread it while at the same time it was ran out of Makka? Tell me when it opened Makka, what sword was used? Tell me which sword opened Mozambique that christians then oppressed the muslims until they became christians? Tell me which sword fell on Ibadan, Abeokuta, Eko, Auchi, etc, etc and now the eastern part of Nigeria, that will become islamic in the near future?

.Q5. Why are most of the Muslims fundamentalists and terrorists?
the fundamentalists, i can accept, if it is true. People if sure of what they believe should be fundamentalists. But the "most terrorists" label, i disagree. you are saying that over 50% of 1.5 billion people are terrorists and we have not seen more than what we have seen when only alqaida is terrorizing America before 911? over 6 million muslims live in america, alone. you are saying over 3 millions are terrorists and i dont know any terrorist in spite of the large number of muslims i know. I believe you are exaggerating. how many terrorist muslims you know of auchi, benin, igbo, yoruba, etc muslims/ or do you take it that all nigerian muslims are boko haraam member and all muslims in america are members of "which terrorist organization?"

so you are a vegetarian? Are all muslims meat eaters and non muslims are vegetarians? No. heck. this is a joke, but a reality that i read; "My food pass its waste on your food", wrote a meat eater to his vegetarian friend. Even hindus may eat meat, they just dont eat cows. They may eat eggs; boiled or fried. Heck. even vegetables have souls. why eat them if you hate to kill anything?

.Q7. Why do Muslims slaughter the animal in a ruthless manner by torturing it and slowly and painfully killing it?
how do you that swift cut with a sharp knife is a ruthless torture resulting in slow and painful killing? Muslims do not torture animals. muslims should not kill any animal except to eat it and not for sports. slaughtering of animal in the manner of Islam does result to any pain, if at all not more than what a needle does when you take injection for a flu.

is lamb ferocious? or a goat, cow, etc compare to big cats, canines, snakes, eagles, etc, crocodiles? you know the people from asia eat dogs, big and small cats, etc? they should be more ferocious than the muslims, yet they are more christians than being muslims. an those of them who are muslims dont eat what the culture allows of them. finally, you know there are plants that eat animals? if you eat plants, what shall we make of your ferociousness, mr. vegetarian since some vegetation eat animals? have you heard of fly trap? what about vegetation that poison man? you are what you eat, you said.

Q9. When Islam is against idol worship why do the Muslims worship, and bow down to the Kaaba in their prayer?
i dont bow to anything except God. I prayed today. Alhamdulillah. I didnt bow to the wall in front of me. the wall serves as a protection for me against the elements. i am not in open space without covering. same is the Kaaba. it serves as a direction whereby people are not disorganized in prayer, whereby everyone chose their own direction and chaos is the result as people may bump heads or other outcomes.

Q10. Why do Muslims abuse non-Muslims by calling them ‘ Kafirs’?
i am a kafir to a hindu, a pagan, an atheist, a jew, a christian, etc. i disbelieve in the way of each of them, so i am a disbeliever to each of them. but the christian calls me an infidel. the jew calls me a gentile, a goyim. infidel, gentile, goyim, each is worse than being a disbeliever. we are disbeliever to one another. but i am purely an infidel to a christian, a goyum and or gentile to a jew. hindu has a bad way he describes me. let the hindus tell you what they call a non hindu in their language.

This topic is for everyone but most preferably Muslims. I need answers that make sense, not bashing of religion, please.
muslims are supposed to obey God, in the example of the holy prophet [sa]. so what you find awkward to you, like animal slaughter is permissibility of God.
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by snubish: 3:29am On Dec 09, 2012
fellis:
It is at times like this that LagosShia's knowledge is usually useful. The dude used to LIVE on this section, he would probably have answered OP by now.

Right, normally LS would have rushed at this poster with guns blazing to answer him. but even lagos shia with all his tenacity will get tired of answering such questions as these, I mean; how many times can you say the same thing?
Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by snubish: 3:33am On Dec 09, 2012
Dan_de_Numeruno:

painfully killing it?

vegetarians are in delusion. plants are living things, they even reproduce.

Go away, come back when you are sincere to know the truth.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:23am On Dec 09, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Dan_de_numeruno: If you accept that Islam was practiced by Adam, Abraham and many other prophets before the Islam of Muhammad [as], you will see assortment of marriages. Adam had one wife. lets leave the reasons alone because Only God knows the Absolute reason for this. We see that Abraham had more than 1 wife. We saw Jacob having more than 1 wife. We saw that David had more than 1 wife. We saw that Solomon the wisest in the Bibles had more than 1 wife.
I couldn't help laughing when I read this. Using Abraham, Jacob and Solomon as excuses and even going at some length by implying that they were Muslims really tells me all I needed to know on that issue: Muslims are only polygamous because of the Mohammed example. It was recorded that he married many wives, so it made more sense that his followers(Muslims) would try to emulate the standard he laid down for them.
And FYI, Abraham married only one wife. Mother of Ismael Was his mistress(atleast according to the bible)

Sweetnecta:
even the most liberal society and or christian, jewish, hindu, etc and even nigerian pagan does not advocate more than 1 husband for the woman. wife can accommodate co wife. husband will definitely refuse co husband concept. Or you will allow somebody as co husband on your wife? Islam is "natural". they way islam frowns on homo.sexuality is the way it frowns on co husband. even atheist will not allow co husband. ask logicboy03.
Wrong with capital W! Before I asked this question, I watched a show on an Indian cable channel about a woman wedded to three husbands! Yes, three of them if you can believe it. The phenomenon piqued my interest, so I did some research based on that.
And from what I garnered, Some religions(mainly from India) actually endorse the bizzare union.
But, the phenomenon occurred mostly in Europe and North America, chiefly among atheist.
From my own point of view, it's just as weird as one man marrying more than one wife(Completely unnatural)

Sweetnecta: no one i know degrade his wife by keeping her behind the veil. As man becomes aware of their sexuality, your bibles say, man puts on cloth. People shed their cloths at the beach and nudi.st colony for those who have no shame. for those who have shame, they take up their cloths where it is appropriate; at home in front of those who can see more of you. I as a man have not allowed anyone to see where they should not see of me in so long that i forget how to be bare chested. I hope you as a man dont go about in your bathing shorts? You should let your women cover because no one wants the prettiest gem left in the dust for all to see or trample upon. the most important thing is obedience to God. God said to women 'cover'. Even men have to cover, too. What is covered in each case is appropriate to what is sexuality of each gender.
Please, don't misinterprete my question. I never said that it's right for one to parade all over the place half n.aked. My question was simply why Islam cover up their women to the point that they look like shunned victims.
Go to Iran, Pakistan or any of those Islamic countries in the middle east, and you will see what I'm talking about.

Sweetnecta: Tell me which sword fell on Ibadan, Abeokuta, Eko, Auchi, etc, etc and now the eastern part of Nigeria, that will become islamic in the near future?
Eastern Nigeria eventual conversion to Islam in the near future??
Dude, are you delusional or what...?

Sweetnecta: the fundamentalists, i can accept, if it is true. People if sure of what they believe should be fundamentalists. But the "most terrorists" label, i disagree. you are saying that over 50% of 1.5 billion people are terrorists and we have not seen more than what we have seen when only alqaida is terrorizing America before 911? over 6 million muslims live in america, alone. you are saying over 3 millions are terrorists and i dont know any terrorist in spite of the large number of muslims i know. I believe you are exaggerating. how many terrorist muslims you know of auchi, benin, igbo, yoruba, etc muslims/ or do you take it that all nigerian muslims are boko haraam member and all muslims in america are members of "which terrorist
Smart answer. I will not refute it.

Sweetnecta: how do you that swift cut with a sharp knife is a ruthless torture resulting in slow and painful killing? Muslims do not torture animals. muslims should not kill any animal except to eat it and not for sports. slaughtering of animal in the manner of Islam does result to any pain, if at all not more than what a needle does when you take injection for a flu.
I watched a certain Muslim family kill a ram once, and believe me, there was nothing painless about it.
Strangulation and torture was very much in evidence. But one thing that struck me was how they were enjoying the animal's pain, thereby turning what would have been a necessary clean slaughter into a sport.

Sweetnecta: i am a kafir to a hindu, a pagan, an atheist, a jew, a christian, etc. i disbelieve in the way of each of them, so i am a disbeliever to each of them. but the christian calls me an infidel. the jew calls me a gentile, a goyim. infidel, gentile, goyim, each is worse than being a disbeliever. we are disbeliever to one another. but i am purely an infidel to a christian, a goyum and or gentile to a jew. hindu has a bad way he describes me. let the hindus tell you what they call a non hindu in their language.
In north Africa and the middle east, none Muslims are automatically kaffirs.
Back home in Nigeria, the Christians are the infidels, not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions For Muslims by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:31am On Dec 09, 2012
snubish:

vegetarians are in delusion. plants are living things, they even reproduce.

Go away, come back when you are sincere to know the truth.
And what is the truth?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Beautiful And Sacred Mosques (masjids) In The World / Adulterer For Adulteress? Islamic Perspective Please / When To Seek Laylatul Qadr (night Of Power)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.