Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,069 members, 7,821,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? (6907 Views)

Feeling ‘reborn’ As A Muslim, Ex-playboy Bunny Insists On Keeping Chinese Name / Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Parisgoodman(m): 9:40am On Mar 11, 2012
Pardon me folks! I am just the curious type and the more I I tried to know, the more I realize I don't even know. Beard-keeping is it a tradition in islam? I have seen many alfas and prominent muslims clerics always keeping beards even to the ordinary floor members, some are up to about 5cm to 10cm. Please someone should please satisfy my curiosity.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by mercenaryx(m): 10:13am On Mar 11, 2012
You have the correct conception. They all are goats!

4 Likes

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Aahammed1: 10:25am On Mar 11, 2012
Na ur father b goat

3 Likes

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by kinstinct(m): 10:27am On Mar 11, 2012
Beard keeping is an encouraged tradition of Islam. Some school of taught consider it a must for those that have.
Common sense also tells me that God gave us a choice to keep or not to. it was not a mistake that men grow beard just like the hair on our heads.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Magnanimity(m): 10:28am On Mar 11, 2012
mercenaryx: You have the correct conception. They all are goats!
U ar so funy, He goats in deed

1 Like

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by yamah1(m): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2012
In islamic injunction,beard keeping is prescribed but not compulsary.It usually denotes Piety.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by suolboy(m): 10:35am On Mar 11, 2012
Ps, guys do respect other peoples religion. Am a christian but it's not good ssaying people like u are goats for God sake. U are the types that cause religions riot and won't even stay to fight it. Rather, innocent lives will be killed. That is the religion culture or believe. so leave them alone to practice it and not abusing them.

4 Likes

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 11, 2012
in some islamic countries. it is compulsory to keep beards. its a symbol of brute and savagery which they want to be associated for
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Leyelyzo: 10:38am On Mar 11, 2012

Must you talk? Now if you have sense, common sense ought to have told you, you have committed a fallacy of generalization and that deserves to be corrected.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Leyelyzo: 10:48am On Mar 11, 2012
It is prescribed to be an identity for muslims such that when you see someone with beards and the moustache shaved, you could easily identify them as muslims and not rabbi (a jew)
Plus there is a reward attached to that. It is sunatic
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 11, 2012
Leyelyzo: It is prescribed to be an identity for muslims such that when you see someone with beards and the moustache shaved, you could easily identify them as muslims and not rabbi (a jew)

more like satanic
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by neymar11: 10:59am On Mar 11, 2012
Great thread [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by emolade4re: 11:00am On Mar 11, 2012
If u lyk keep ur beard lyk Senator Yerima,God is watching ur heart.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by ekwynwa: 11:03am On Mar 11, 2012

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by gidiMonsta(m): 11:05am On Mar 11, 2012
rafhell: in some islamic countries. it is compulsory to keep beards. its a symbol of brute and savagery which they want to be associated for

I usually pity people like you, your bigotry is only going to eat you up from inside out.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by gidiMonsta(m): 11:09am On Mar 11, 2012

Going by your twisted logic that all men who have beards are goats, we can conclude that Abraham, Moses, John the Baptist, Jesus Christ and every other man who existed in the middle east during the era of the prophets are all goats, right?

YOU ARE A BIG F.O.O.L

1 Like

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by newguy1(m): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2012
U guys callin dem goat r stu.pid. If u know notin abt the other ppls religion u keep shut just n because u can't b held accountable for whtever u write doesn't giv u d right . Its sunatic for muslim to keep it
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by ekwynwa: 11:13am On Mar 11, 2012
rafhell: in some islamic countries. it is compulsory to keep beards. its a symbol of brute and savagery which they want to be associated for

una go wound pesin wit laugh ooo
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by babamu123(m): 11:16am On Mar 11, 2012
Am disappointed in some fools here. They don't know and don't what to know....beard keeping is the practice of all they prophets of God even jesus peace be unto him..muslims are expected to keep their beards and clear their moustache it is the practice of our prophet S.A.W

1 Like

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Azedplus(m): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2012
. mercenaryx(m):

You have the correct conception. They all are goats.
15. gidiMonsta(m):

Going by your twisted logic that all men who have beards are goats, we can conclude that Abraham, Moses, John the Baptist, Jesus Christ and every other man who existed in the middle east during the era of the prophets are all goats, right?

YOU ARE A BIG F.O.O.l
That's τ̣̣ђё right answer for him .....pple lyk him will start rift but they never wait to bear d consequence .
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by nasty45(m): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2012
Nice thread.funny replies
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Dipwater(m): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2012
Nobody has answered tHe questn moderator pls take note: ther are a lot of kids here dat paste rubbish pls u have to do somthng about it b4 it ll ruin this site thank u
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by mercenaryx(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2012
And who said Jesus Christ and the rest folks you mentioned had bears.. Did you see them in person or you just saw them in some Jehovah's witness pamphlets?. Please be wise. Beard keeping is not only "goatish" but also diabolic.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by yusuf01(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2012
It is a sunna of the prophet (SAW) and as a result, we are expected to keep beards. The prophet (SAW) said it's a symbol to distinguish muslims from non-muslims. Does that answer your question.

1 Like

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by mercenaryx(m): 11:25am On Mar 11, 2012
yusuf01: It is a sunna of the prophet (SAW) and as a result, we are expected to keep beards. The prophet (SAW) said it's a symbol to distinguish muslims from non-muslims. Does that answer your question.

you have said something... Now U made sense,
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by adaybayor(m): 11:33am On Mar 11, 2012
@mercenaryx.................u are a fo.ol of the highest order
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by mctemmy(f): 11:33am On Mar 11, 2012
Nairalanders will never cease to amaze miiii........y d bashing guys??u aint kids public forums r meant to educate and inform it shudnt be an avenue for insults let's try to be objective and sensible in our replies!!!!
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by doofanc: 11:35am On Mar 11, 2012
@topic i thought its mainly to serve as an identity. And its optional. I know of many devout muslims who don't keep beards.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by adaybayor(m): 11:36am On Mar 11, 2012
[quote author=mercenaryx]And who said Jesus Christ and the rest folks you mentioned had bears.. Did you see them in person or you just saw them in some Jehovah's witness pamphlets?. Please be wise. Beard keeping is not only "goatish" but also diabolic.

@mercenaryx.................u are a fo.ol of the highest order
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Irk(m): 11:37am On Mar 11, 2012
In reply to the main issue for this discuss,beard keeping among the islamic folks is not compulsory-not by any means- It is only done because a bearded man suggests the look of a sage(a wrong impression though)
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by vanariso(m): 11:37am On Mar 11, 2012
Just like leyelyzo said It is prescribed to be an identity for muslims such that when you see someone with beards and the moustache shaved, you could easily identify them as muslims and not rabbi (a jew)
[i][/i]
My perspective......It baffles me how so many Christians dont know some very important things about Muslims and Islam.....You dont care...right.....so u prefer violating your neighbor of several years over and over again and claim he (muslims)is/are intolerant?
Simple rationale should tell you that knowing ur neigbhour inside-out will only promote peace ( like an old Yoruba proverb)...so if u want to leave in harmony....as Jesus and christianity preaches.. ..know ur neigbhours..simple.... and dont forget..these ur neigbhours are ineveitable..we meet in buses,in class, at work,every where and yet .....you dont get it...to me you just dont want to get it.....just like my in-law....
Now check this out....to those saying people with bears are goats...was Abraham Lincoln a goat..lets go deeper..would you say Moses was a goat, or Abraham,Gods friend ...was a goat or even Jesus. Just think before you talk...You say all sort of things about our wives because they cover their beauty...have u consider your nuns...who is unlike Mary, the mother of Jesus between covered Muslim women and Christian women...even the men..with beards..Muslims look more like all the prophets ..Noah, Job, Jonah..and all....
If ALexi lalas(former American football player wears a goatie(beard) he is cute ,even James Lebrom,Ojukwu,Brad pit and Justin Timbalake are celebrities with beard...but let them say they are Muslims..then they are Terrorist....i know you will twist this and say am crazy....I dont wear beard and am not a graduate but I understand this much.....Christians ... am amazed with all ur knowledge and doctorate degrees.. u just dont and cant get it...Think....sorry..stop thinking...
This thread should have been...why dont christians wear beard like Jesus...when Jews wear beards and mustache like their prophet, and Muslims wear beard like their prophet.

2 Likes

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by ceejay80s(m): 11:43am On Mar 11, 2012
suolboy: Ps, guys do respect other peoples religion. Am a christian but it's not good ssaying people like u are goats for God sake. U are the types that cause religions riot and won't even stay to fight it. Rather, innocent lives will be killed. That is the religion culture or believe. so leave them alone to practice it and not abusing them.
na who tell u say keeping beards na their religion? Point of correction: almost all Jesus christ disciples get beards so which one be say na their religion, all i know is that they all have wicked mind and taughts

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exposing This Evil Religion Called Islam - Confession Of A Muslim / Is Smoking Shisha Haram? / Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.