Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report (8241 Views)

Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / 2016 Corruption Index: Nigeria Ranked 136 Out Of 168 / Politicisation Of Boko Haram Insurgency, Bane Of Nigeria’s Anti-terror Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by taharqa: 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
occam:

Comparing 2 data points (last yr vs. this year) is not a trend. Let's see the next 4 - 5 yrs if our score continues to improve. That's how you judge improvement in transparency level. You want to celebrate the 27 score? go ahead, that's ok

The bolded: Now we know Nigeria is spending an obscene amount for feeding a corrupt govt machine. And even with the knowledge and acceptance that N 1 billion is too high, did Jonathan slash the feeding and other wasteful spending? And yet you accept corruption level is improving. Gee! The kool aid served by this govt is made of potent stuff
Una see anoda one? Bros did u get that info Gej spends #1billion to feed himself and dat he hasn't cut it? These are d sort of lies u guys say repeatedly... How can sm ppl bliv dier own lies, even afta repeating it
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by takedat(m): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2012
taharqa: Una see anoda one? Bros did u get that info Gej spends #1billion to feed himself and dat he hasn't cut it? These are d sort of lies u guys say repeatedly... How can sm ppl bliv dier own lies, even afta repeating it
Bros u serious o!
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by occam(m): 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
taharqa: This is d most FOOOLISH comment here; well done. 'if you ask Nigerians they will tell u that corruptn is same or even worse dan 15yrs ago', *smh*. Who told does gullible Nigerians to think so (assuming it is even true) if not for the LIES and HALF-TRUTHS that goons like u churn out? Who shld we bliv: data from TI or data from desperate power mongers and dier agents? You, my frnd, mk Mr. Stu.pid look wise

TI result is ony one data source. Smart minds will analyze and ovrelay with information elsewhere to get a picture of what's happening. Dumb people (like you) imbibe the data and accept it as gospel truth without putting things in context. Bet you don't understand that

Corruption facts: We spend billions of Naira every year on lawmakers to do nothing in Abuja.
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by takedat(m): 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
occam:

TI result is ony one data source. Smart minds will analyze and ovrelay with information elsewhere to get a picture of what's happening. Dumb people (like you) imbibe the data and accept it as gospel truth without putting things in context. Bet you don't understand that

Corruption facts: We spend billions of Naira every year on lawmakers to do nothing in Abuja.
Bros, TI's Corruption perception index comprises of 17 data sources and each country must satisfy a minimum of 3 data sources. The data sources used to
compile the index include questions
relating to the abuse of public power
and focus on: bribery of public officials,
kickbacks in public procurement,
embezzlement of public funds, and on
questions that probe the strength and
effectiveness of anti-corruption efforts
in the public sector. As such, it covers
both the administrative and political
aspects of corruption.
Me believe that we have not made any meaningful stride with this latest ranking
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by PointB: 7:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
occam:

Comparing 2 data points (last yr vs. this year) is not a trend. Let's see the next 4 - 5 yrs if our score continues to improve. That's how you judge improvement in transparency level. You want to celebrate the 27 score? go ahead, that's ok

The bolded: Now we know Nigeria is spending an obscene amount for feeding a corrupt govt machine. And even with the knowledge and acceptance that N 1 billion is too high, did Jonathan slash the feeding and other wasteful spending? And yet you accept corruption level is improving. Gee! The kool aid served by this govt is made of potent stuff

What is the point of going 5 years back, when the government you have built your argument on is barely 2 years old? Do you believe it is reasonable to blame the current regime for corrupt practices of incidents of 5 years ago? I think not.

What I expected objective critic to do is to compare the TI rating of last year with this rating to conclude if under the current government, it is indeed getting worse or better. Any other comparison, such as you proposed, is mischievous and lack objectivity!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by taharqa: 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
take dat: Bros u serious o!
hahaha... No bi me fault o. I just cant stand Propaganda and distortion of data, particularly if it done publicly and with 'confidence'
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
There is a dangerous and SAD trend in the manner of reporting by most media organisations in Nig . They seem to CELEBRATE bad or negative reporting while at the same time finding it difficult to even REPORT good or positive news. This is trend is playing out in the manner of reporting this latest TI corruption index ranking. Rather than report the obvious slight improvement, most media organisation will add the caveat "it is difficult to say" if there was improvement this yr. I'm sure if Nigeria had moved down the ladder, it wouldn't have been "difficult to say" corruption has worsened? How is it difficult to appreciate that 2.7 is an improvement over 2.4? It seems that any seemingly good news cannot get out of the media, except it is PAID FOR

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by karlmax2: 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: There is a dangerous and SAD trend in the manner of reporting by most media organisations in Nig . They seem to CELEBRATE bad or negative reporting while at the same time finding it difficult to even REPORT good or positive news. This is trend is playing out in the manner of reporting this latest TI corruption index ranking. Rather than report the obvious slight improvement, most media organisation will add the caveat "it is difficult to say" if there was improvement this yr. I'm sure if Nigeria had moved down the ladder, it wouldn't have been "difficult to say" corruption has worsened? Is it difficult to appreciate that 2.7 is an improvement over 2.4? It seems that any seemingly good news cannot get out of the media, except it is PAID FOR
is like that because this administration would not pay them for propoganda.that is why the opposition have the media in their pocket cos they are ready to pay to push their propoganda on the media
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by deletrue: 9:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
take dat: @Sincere9gerian, while its commendable that we've made tangible progress, this isn't worth celebrating yet. In 2011, Nigeria ranked 143 out of 182 while in 2012 we ranked 139 out of 176 so our moving up 4 places is partly due to the Fact that survey wasn't carried out in 6 countries for 2012 though our score improved. Note that The Corruption Perception Index is not designed to allow for Country Scores to be compared over time. This is because the index draws on a Country's Rank in the original data sources, rather than its Score.
Go through your comment again and i quote " while it is commendable that we have made tangible progress, it is not worth celebrating yet" unquote. Read that remarks again. Does it make meaning or sense? Try to embrace any improvement no matter how small it is! Bloody dullard and hater
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by yahwehreigns: 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
How many people have they successfully arrested and tried in d court of law. Pls let us all shine our eyes. As a citizen of this country, is d govt rily fighting against corruption?
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by occam(m): 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
PointB:

What is the point of going 5 years back, when the government you have built your argument on is barely 2 years old? Do you believe it is reasonable to blame the current regime for corrupt practices of incidents of 5 years ago? I think not.

What I expected objective critic to do is to compare the TI rating of last year with this rating to conclude if under the current government, it is indeed getting worse or better. Any other comparison, such as you proposed, is mischievous and lack objectivity!

This isn't about Jonathan. He's a status quo leader and has never demonstrated the will to fight corruption. He doesn't have the mental fortitude; that's his nature. Unfortunately, Nigerians voted for him and for better for worse, are stuck with him for the next 2 yrs.

No my concern is that anyone Nigerian can accept this mediocre ranking as improvement. Remember, this is only a perception index that's akin to a poll or research. We're still rocking at the bottom with the Pakistanis and Tajikistans after all hue and cry by Jonathan. Corruption is so pervasive in our country that one miniscule movement changes nothing. No serious person should pay attention to this latest ranking.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by takedat(m): 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
deletrue: Go through your comment again and i quote " while it is commendable that we have made tangible progress, it is not worth celebrating yet" unquote. Read that remarks again. Does it make meaning or sense? Try to embrace any improvement no matter how small it is! Bloody dullard and hater
So you were expecting me to be a butt kissing suckups like you? I don't owe any dyslexia patient an explanation so "Burger" Off!
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by kulutempa: 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
occam:

This isn't about Jonathan. He's a status quo leader and has never demonstrated the will to fight corruption. He doesn't have the mental fortitude; that's his nature. Unfortunately, Nigerians voted for him and for better for worse, are stuck with him for the next 2 yrs.

No my concern is that anyone Nigerian can accept this mediocre ranking as improvement. Remember, this is only a perception index that's akin to a poll or research. We're still rocking at the bottom with the Pakistanis and Tajikistans after all hue and cry by Jonathan. Corruption is so pervasive in our country that one miniscule movement changes nothing. No serious person should pay attention to this latest ranking.

Occam, save your breath. You are dealing with people here who will deny themselves in the mirror. They have no stake in a better Nigeria and the only loyalty they have is to those who pay them to write the rubbish you are seeing here. They would rather die fighting for crumbs from their corrupt rulers, than taking their rightful place at the table and getting served what is theirs by birthright. cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
occam:

So nobody should pay attention to the ranking? But if Nigeria had gone DOWN the ladder by now Bakare and co would have occupied Tinubus Square calling for regime change

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Gbawe: 9:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
occam:

My guy, I have already put the 2012 TI rating to the logical test to show that our Nation is going down with how so many throw away the keys to their brain to begin celebrating abject failure. That is another sign of a failing state i.e citizens brainwashed to the extent of nauseating sycophancy that makes them see 'progress' when every sane and objective person sees anarchy and retrogression.

I am really disappointed with Nigerians in regards to how their brand of partisanship is a variety that completely destroys even the simplest of logical inference. Usually, and throughout the world, normal citizens, for the sake of their Nation, are still able to call a spade a spade.

https://www.nairaland.com/1123619/nigeria-35th-most-corrupt-world

Thank you !!! How will Nigeria ever improve if its young folks are blind, self-destructive and unambitious supporters of mediocrity? Is it that Nigerians are now brutalised and brainwashed to the point they cannot reason beyond petty clannishness? Even the article, a rather neutral one, makes it clear that more nations were judged in 2011 than in 2012. To a logical person, able to think critically, then it is clear Nigeria may even have shown a worse rating than 2011 because if the six Nation not included in 2012 all ended up above Nigeria then we would be worse off than in 2011. The issue is that GEJ fans do not have anything tangible or genuinely transformational to celebrate so they thrive on half-truths and 'grey areas' they can manipulate with propagandist zeal to attempt making pseudo-positive points that do not exists.

They can fool some here, but will never get beyond the bright folks who can do research in seconds. In 2011 when 182 Countries were rated, 33 Countries remained below Nigeria. In 2012 when 174 Countries are rated 33 Countries still remained below Nigeria. What is the improvement those happy to celebrate idiocy are jubilating? Some should check to see that Togo, on par with us in 2011, has moved 9 places above us now. Russia on par with us in 2011 has moved above us today. Timor-leste on par with us in 2011 has moved a whole 21 places above us. Kenya, several places below us in 2011, is now equal to Nigeria. Uganda, several places below us in 2011, are now above us !!!

What is wrong with Nigeria and what manner of unique brainwashing is our nation cursed with that so many can automatically come out to defend backwardness and create propaganda over things that damn us negatively and that we should seriously introspect about so our nation can get better? Which sick man gets better when he cannot even admit he is sick let alone agree to take medicine?

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2012/results

I am browsing while mobile so folks can go to the link below and download the PDF for 2011 to gain confirmation of all I have said:

http://www.financialtaskforce.org/2011/12/01/transparency-international-2011-corruption-perceptions-index-released/
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
Make no mistake about it. Some of us are not 'celebrating' the latest TI ranking even though those who see themselves as sworn enemies of the govt of the day 'celebrate' negative news, some of which are MANUFACTURED. However, my point is that the positive news should also be reported, just the same way negative news(whether manufactured or not) are reported. Is that TOO MUCH to ask?
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by taharqa: 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy, I have already put the 2012 TI rating to the logical test to show that our Nation is going down with how so many throw away the keys to their brain to begin celebrating abject failure. That is another sign of a failing state i.e citizens brainwashed to the extent of nauseating sycophancy that makes them see 'progress' when every sane and objective person sees anarchy and retrogression.

I am really disappointed with the Nigerians in regards to how their brand of partisanship is a variety that completely destroys even the simplest of logical inference. Usually, and throughout the world, normal citizens, for the sake of their Nation, are still able to call a spade a spade.

Complete badash and stu.pidity from you as usual, so no surprises there. Like i told u yterday, writting long sentences meaning nothing, is just dat- nothing.... The score is ABSOLUTE; d country ranking is RELATIVE. The countries score movd from 2.4 to 2.7, dats an ABSOLUTE improvement; d no of countries rankd means little (dats why it is relative)... I know dis is a terrible blow to d narrative d Propaganda Standing Committee of yr party, which you rep here on NL (which is dat corruptn has increasd astronomically unda GEJ, and dat infact he's is d most corrupt govt in 9ja's history), hv bn pushing and relying on in dier Political groundplan, but there goes d plan... Hardluck....Propaganda almost always fails eventuali

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by taharqa: 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
Gbawe:

I am really disappointed with the Nigerians in regards to how their brand of partisanship is a variety that completely destroys even the simplest of logical inference. Usually, and throughout the world, normal citizens, for the sake of their Nation, are still able to call a spade a spade.

Complete badash and stu.pidity from you as usual, so no surprises there. Like i told u yterday, writting long sentences meaning nothing, is just dat- nothing.... The score is ABSOLUTE; d country ranking is RELATIVE. The countries score movd from 2.4 to 2.7, dats an ABSOLUTE improvement; d no of countries rankd means little (dats why it is relative)... I know dis is a terrible blow to d narrative d Propaganda Standing Committee of yr party, which you rep here on NL hv bn pushing and relying on in dier Political gameplane, but here there goes it... Hardluck....Propaganda almost always fails eventuali
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Gbawe: 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
kulutempa:

Occam, save your breath. You are dealing with people here who will deny themselves in the mirror. They have no stake in a better Nigeria and the only loyalty they have is to those who pay them to write the rubbish you are seeing here. They would rather die fighting for crumbs from their corrupt rulers, than taking their rightful place at the table and getting served what is theirs by birthright. cry

Absolutely correct. The future of Nigeria is not bright given how its youths think and talk. Virtually all those who were in the same position as us last year are above us now. Many below us have moved above us. The same number below us in 2011 (33) remains the same number of Nations below us in 2012 !!!!

All this considering that 6-8 Countries were missing in the 2012 list !!!!! If those Countries were included, where would we be - especially considering that others languishing with us at the bottom have improved modestly and even drastically e.g Timor-Leste . You are right that some are paid to talk here. That is the only thing that explains the deceit , totally devoid of logic, they want to pass off as 'positives' for this hopelessly corrupt government.
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Gbawe:

Nonsense analysis. Are you creating your own ranking system or what? Using isolated examples of countries that moved up and down the ladder to arrive at your analysis is nothing but SENSELESS. Some countries may have done better than Nigeria but that doesn't change the fact that Nig scored 2.7 this year and 2.4 last year and Nigeria moved up 4 places. Even if we down play the fact that we moved up 4 places because the total countries examined this yr was 7 short of that of last, it is still UNDENIABLE that Nig scored 2.7 this yr compared to 2.4 last year and the scoring system is INDEPENDENT of the total countries examined

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Gbawe: 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Nonsense analysis. Are you creating your own ranking system or what? Using isolated examples of countries that moved up and down the ladder to arrive at your analysis is nothing but SENSELESS. Some countries may have done better than Nigeria but that doesn't change the fact that Nig scored 2.7 this year and 2.4 last year and Nigeria moved up 4 places. Even if we down play the fact that we moved up 4 places because the total countries examined this yr was 7 short of that of last, it is still UNDENIABLE that Nig scored 2.7 this yr compared to 2.4 last yr and the scoring system is INDEPENDENT of the total countries examined

The index rating system has changed snail-slow man. Do keep up otherwise it won't be long before your sycophantic tediousness become a bore here. I think the report below, and our conversation here, show that it is Nigerians who engage in lying to themselves.

http://www.ghanatoghana.com/Ghanahomepage/ghana-moves-up-to-64th-in-2012-index-but-still-not-winning-fight-against-corruption-ti

Ghana moves up to 64th in 2012 Index but still not winning fight against corruption – TI
evalicous | December 5, 2012 | 0 Comments

With a score of 45 out of 100, Ghana’s position has improved on the 2012 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) released today December 5, 2012.

The country placed 64th, up from the 69th it ranked in the 2011 edition.

The Index put together by anti-corruption watchdog, Transparency International (TI), ranked Ghana among 174 countries in the 2012 edition compared to 182 in 2011.

The surveys and assessments used to compile the Index include questions relating to the bribery of public officials, kickbacks in public procurement, embezzlement of public funds, and questions that probe the strength and effectiveness of public-sector anti-corruption efforts.

According to the TI, it has updated this year’s Index in terms of methodology for computing the CPI following a “comprehensive review and consultation process, both within the Transparency International movement and with the help of external experts”.

“For 2012, CPI, Transparency International used the most recent years’ available data (2011 -2012) from each source for each country.

To reflect this, the Corruption Perceptions Index is presented on a scale from 0 (highly corrupt) to 100 (very clean),” TI said in a statement.

TI’s local chapter, the Ghana Integrity Initiative (GII) in a statement said based on the new calculation, Ghana’s CPI score in 2011 which was 3.9 if re-calculated would have been 46. “This means that Ghana’s position on the CPI has dropped implying that Ghana is still not winning the fight against corruption,” it said.

However, the score and rank of Ghana showed that the country also performed much better than several other African countries with Eritrea, Guinea Bissau and Guinea at the very bottom with a score of 25, 25 and 24, respectively even though six African countries performed better than Ghana with Botswana leading with a score of 65 and ranking 30 globally.

According to the TI, many African countries dominated the bottom of the CPI with Zimbabwe (163), Burundi (165), Chad (165), Sudan (173) and Somalia (174), ranking lowest with scores of 20, 19, 19, 13 and 8, respectively.

Most of these low scoring countries are also conflict countries, it noted.

On the global front, Denmark, Finland and New Zealand tie for first place with scores of 90, helped by strong access to information systems and rules governing the behaviour of those in public positions.

The TI indicated that two-thirds of the 176 countries ranked in the 2012 index scored below 50, showing that public institutions need to be more transparent, and powerful officials more accountable.

“Governments need to integrate anti-corruption actions into all public decision-making. Priorities include better rules on lobbying and political financing, making public spending and contracting more transparent and making public bodies more accountable to people,” said Huguette Labelle, the Chair of Transparency International.

“After a year of focus on corruption, we expect governments to take a tougher stance against the abuse of power. The Corruption Perceptions Index 2012 results demonstrate that societies continue to pay the high cost of corruption,” Labelle said.

Many of the countries where citizens challenged their leaders to stop corruption – from the Middle East to Asia to Europe – have seen their positions on the Index stagnate or worsen.

Source Ghana Business News
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
Gbawe:

I am really disappointed with Nigerians in regards to how their brand of partisanship is a variety that completely destroys even the simplest of logical inference. Usually, and throughout the world, normal citizens, for the sake of their Nation, are still able to call a spade a spade.

My friend, the way you WORK SO HARD to find faults or discredit any positive report that tends to give credit to GEJ gives you away as a PAID propagandist of the opposition parties. We all have politicians that we dont like their faces but no one WORK AS HARD AS YOU DO to discredit such persons. Even your fellow Hardliner @DemDem..,has since commended the govt, albeit half-heartedly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by occam(m): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Make no mistake about it. Some of us are not 'celebrating' the latest TI ranking even though those who see themselves as sworn enemies of the govt of the day 'celebrate' negative news, some of which are MANUFACTURED. However, my point is that the positive news should also be reported, just the same way negative news(whether manufactured or not) are reported. Is that TOO MUCH to ask?

This is not positive news, its same 'ol same 'ol. Leave aside this ranking and ask yourself, sincerely (since that's your name) if you know any positive move by Jonathan to fight corruption?

Read the 2013 budget proposal for instance to get a flavor of the rot with this govt. The budget is riddled with line items that's only "money for the boys". Set aside over N900 million on food, refreshment for President & VP
http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/2013-budget_details/1.%20Summary_Presidency.pdfsal
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by jmaine: 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
taharqa: Complete badash and stu.pidity from you as usual, so no surprises there. Like i told u yterday, writting long sentences meaning nothing, is just dat- nothing.... The score is ABSOLUTE; d country ranking is RELATIVE. The countries score movd from 2.4 to 2.7, dats an ABSOLUTE improvement; d no of countries rankd means little (dats why it is relative)... I know dis is a terrible blow to d narrative d Propaganda Standing Committee of yr party, which you rep here on NL hv bn pushing and relying on in dier Political gameplane, but here there goes it... Hardluck....Propaganda almost always fails eventuali

Whatever Peeps might choose to say . .The highlighted part will continually shame all attempts to deny the glaring obvious

GEJ is the most corrupt President ever they always say . .but T.I stats is simply telling them to shut up in the face of all propaganda powered by the hypocritical progressives.

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
occam:

This is not positive news, its same 'ol same 'ol. Leave aside this ranking and ask yourself, sincerely (since that's your name) if you know any positive move by Jonathan to fight corruption?

Read the 2013 budget proposal for instance to get a flavor of the rot with this govt. The budget is riddled with line items that's only "money for the boys". Set aside over N900 million on food, refreshment for President & VP
http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/2013-budget_details/1.%20Summary_Presidency.pdfsal
Can you tell us how much was set aside for the same purpose during the tenure of OBJ and Yar Adua? I guess you cant because you dont know. You dont know not because OBJ and Yar Adua didn't feed but because it was hidden. Can you tell us how much was spent for refreshment and feeding by Fashola in 2012? I guess you can't because you dont know. You dont know, not because it is not there but because it is hidden. You know the presidency proposed N900million for feeding and refreshment not by ACCIDENT but because of deliberate OPEN and TRANSPARENT policy of GEJ. I would rather have a govt that is OPEN and lays everything bare for ALL TO KNOW. You can only say the amount is too much if you know. What if the govt decides to hide it like the Lagos state govt? Anyway, if you say the N900million is too much, propose how much will be appropriate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Jeboy(m): 11:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
D very same folks that will magnify corruption report if Nigeria has gotten a rating that is tandem with increase in corruption even with a small margin of 0.0001 but will never deem it appropriate to acknowledge improvement when corruption decreases by increased Transparancy from 2.4 to 2.7. Isn't that pessimism and unconstructive criticism?. If truly as Gbawe and the rest claims Diezanni Madueke and GEJ ministers have really embezzled so much why is TI rating showing otherwise. By their propangada report, I thought Nigeria should be at the bottom of the table. You can't work against the truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by awuf2008: 11:45pm On Dec 05, 2012
still too bad.
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by karlmax2: 12:00am On Dec 06, 2012
Jeboy: D very same folks that will magnify corruption report if Nigeria has gotten a rating that is tandem with increase in corruption even with a small margin of 0.0001 but will never deem it appropriate to acknowledge improvement when corruption decreases by increased Transparancy from 2.4 to 2.7. Isn't that pessimism and unconstructive criticism?. If truly as Gbawe and the rest claims Diezanni Madueke and GEJ ministers have really embezzled so much why is TI rating showing otherwise. By their propangada report, I thought Nigeria should be at the bottom of the table. You can't work against the truth.
that's the reasoning of the so called critics we have on nairaland especially the hypocrites and brainwashed AC.N goons on nairaland.if this achievement was recorded by fashola or any of the over hyped AC.N governor u would see how they would sing their praises to high heaven.gradually their lies and propoganda are been exposed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 06, 2012
Gbawe:

The index rating system has changed snail-slow man. Do keep up otherwise it won't be long before your sycophantic tediousness become a bore here. I think the report below, and our conversation here, show that it is Nigerians who engage in lying to themselves.

http://www.ghanatoghana.com/Ghanahomepage/ghana-moves-up-to-64th-in-2012-index-but-still-not-winning-fight-against-corruption-ti

NONSENSE! There's no any stupid formula for re-calculating what has been calculated and ranked already. You'r so desperate to play down this positive development, that you'r almost creating your own TI with your own formula and characteristics. If TI needed a formula to calculate 2011 ranking to make it tally with 2012, it would have done so before releasing the data. As it now, we can only judge whether improvement has been made or not by comparing our ranking last yr with that of 2012. The UNDENIABLE FACT is that we moved UP 4 places and we scored 27 or 2.7 in 2012 compared to 2.4 in 2011.
This same direct comparison is what FOREIGN media organisations did as exemplified below:

...Still, the broad picture that emerges is one that shows barely any improvements, even in the Arab Spring countries where citizen uprisings calling for greater accountability led to the overthrow of governments in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and Yemen. Their rankings have essentially stagnated in the 21-41 percent range over the past year.
Myanmar, where a military dictatorship has given way to a more open regime, was also unchanged in its ranking amongst the most corrupt countries in the world. It scored 15 percent in 2012, and in 2011 had a rating of 1.5 out 10.
In China, where outgoing President Hu Jintao warned last month that the scourge of corruption could prove fatal and cause the state to collapse, slipped to 80 th place this year with a 39 percent rating among the 176 countries surveyed, against 75 th place out of 183 countries in 2011.
Brazil, in contrast, climbed to 69 th place from 73 rd . President Dilma Rousseff has declared a zero-tolerance policy on corruption, firing ministers suspected of graft and its Supreme Court, in a landmark trial,handed down unprecedented prison terms for former political aides, lawmakers and business associates of former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva for buyingvotes to push through legislation. Brazil scored 43 percent in 2012 after a 3.8 rating the prior year.
place at 36 percent respectively.In 2011, Ireland was in 19 th place and Greece 80 th place.
Those scoring 70 percent or above included the most highly developed nations in western Europe, Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Japan, plus the islands of Singapore, Hong Kong, Barbados, Bahamas and St Lucia. There also were two Latin American countries - Chile and Uruguay.
http://www.trust.org/trustlaw/news/global-corruption-remains-high-in-2012-despite-arab-spring-transparency-international/
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 06, 2012
Gbawe:

NONSENSE! There's no any stupid formula for re-calculating what has been calculated and ranked already. You'r so desperate to play down this positive development, that you'r almost creating your own TI with your own formula and characteristics. If TI needed a formula to calculate 2011 ranking to make it tally with 2012, it would have done so before releasing the data. As it now, we can only judge whether improvement has been made or not by comparing our ranking last yr with that of 2012. The UNDENIABLE FACT is that we moved UP 4 places and we scored 27 or 2.7 in 2012 compared to 2.4 in 2011.
This same direct comparison is what FOREIGN media organisations did as exemplified below:

...Still, the broad picture that emerges is one that shows barely any improvements, even in the Arab Spring countries where citizen uprisings calling for greater accountability led to the overthrow of governments in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and Yemen. Their rankings have essentially stagnated in the 21-41 percent range over the past year.
Myanmar, where a military dictatorship has given way to a more open regime, was also unchanged in its ranking amongst the most corrupt countries in the world. It scored 15 percent in 2012, and in 2011 had a rating of 1.5 out 10.
In China, where outgoing President Hu Jintao warned last month that the scourge of corruption could prove fatal and cause the state to collapse, slipped to 80 th place this year with a 39 percent rating among the 176 countries surveyed, against 75 th place out of 183 countries in 2011.
Brazil, in contrast, climbed to 69 th place from 73 rd . President Dilma Rousseff has declared a zero-tolerance policy on corruption, firing ministers suspected of graft and its Supreme Court, in a landmark trial,handed down unprecedented prison terms for former political aides, lawmakers and business associates of former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva for buyingvotes to push through legislation. Brazil scored 43 percent in 2012 after a 3.8 rating the prior year.
place at 36 percent respectively.In 2011, Ireland was in 19 th place and Greece 80 th place.
Those scoring 70 percent or above included the most highly developed nations in western Europe, Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Japan, plus the islands of Singapore, Hong Kong, Barbados, Bahamas and St Lucia. There also were two Latin American countries - Chile and Uruguay.
http://www.trust.org/trustlaw/news/global-corruption-remains-high-in-2012-despite-arab-spring-transparency-international/
Re: Nigeria Anti-corruption Index Improves - TI 2012 Report by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 06, 2012
Gbawe:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Local Boats Being Manufacture In Onitsha Anambra State-photos / Enugu Government: Why We Approved ₦30,000 Minimum Wage For Civil Servants / Cross River PDP Receives 5,000 APC Returnees From One Senatorial District

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.