Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,855 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants (15559 Views)

SEE INSULT : Nnamdi Kanu,ffk Clash On Twitter / Nigerians Speak On Removal Of Fuel Subsidy / Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by Babaofor(m): 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
lacasa: Exactly!.

There is a hidden move behind this.

If the jaji commanders have to go, why on earth should the Chief of Army staff be allowed to continue in his position.

Ihejirika and the SSS get the lion share of the 1trillion Naira allocated to Security in the Land but yet, they have nothingg to show for it, the security situation is above them.

Infact, there have bn suggestions that the COAS and the SSS head are partly involved in Boko-Haram activitiees cos it makes way for the ridiculous budget into their pockets.

GEJ should watch out!.
are u listening to urself?

7 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sam milla's submission is a foolish one. If you have the opportunity to grow up in a military or paramilitary setting you will not speak foolishly like that. Has any investigation found this officers wanting?
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by yumsty: 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
donroxy: Nigeria na wah oooo.....

South vs North

southeast vs southwest (Nairaland)

muslims vs christian,

and only one entity,NIGERIA!!!!

What da f.uck is the business of JNI and CAN with What happens in our Army..... Lossers!!!!!!
i tire o.what pains me most is dat d so called educated ppl are soaked up in all dis religious and ethnic bs being orchestrated by some old 'visionless' mind tweakers.Africans have no choice aside working wif each other unless if u want to be stepping in to a new country every 100km u travel.
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by ejifranks(m): 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
Subtly Endorsing Boko Haram.....that all i can make out of the JNI reaction....

2 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by Saintparis1: 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
Baba-Ibrahim:
Sam milla's submission is a foolish one. If you have the opportunity to grow up in a military or paramilitary setting you will not speak foolishly like that. Has any investigation found this officers wanting?
Are you foolish? A military barrack was infiltrated and attacked on their watch, the very same people responsible for protecting the lives and Properties of the nation. They shouldn't have waited to be removed but resign honorably.

2 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
From the begining, the military has always compromised
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by hagma37yahoocom: 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
Why you blabing,if those two muslim military chiefs remove come out do think boko haram would spare them? Please always think before making comments. Nairaland should be a platform where literate and vision youth meet. A post can change this security issues for good.
I noticed that those idiol worshipers (IGBO's) are always at the forefront calling Islam names. Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by SamMilla1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2012
Baba-Ibrahim:

What is the faith of a civilian if boko haram can infiltrate a military barrack? Those officers should have resigned.
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by Joeadamu86: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
Let's stop this religious war on this platform,military issues should not be politicized,its high time our religious associations and bodies stay off politics and allow the military to do its work,cos as far as i am concern they are overheating the polity and sowing seeds of discords amongst Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by SUBMARINE: 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
@JNI d defence headquarters never sacked but re-assigned d officers. If Northerners are killed in Southern barracks, d same principle would be applied

2 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by odumdesmond: 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
dick hardener: The views of JNI is rather myopic.
On point, it pains me more that JNI that could not sympathise with the bereaved will come out to question the removal of two muslim brothers and their replacement with christain southern Ibo officers. If I may ask, were the two officer that were removed not northerners and muslims? If they are replace by two southerners and christains, doesn't it balance the equilibrium? Why didn't JNI complain of the loopsided appointment of two muslim northern officers at that strategic posts if they abhor two persons from same region and religion occupying that position? If the redeployment was ordered by chief of defence staff Ola Saad Ibrahim, a northern muslim from Kwara state, why is JNI making all these noise. North will always prove itself to be the major problem of Nigeria. I guess that since Abacha's death, North has not woken up from the hard reality that it must share power with its Southern counterpart if Nigeria must move ahead. Somebody should tell North that military regime under which they exclusively controlled both fed and state govt in Nigeria ended with Abacha's death, now power must be negotiated or they loose out irrespective of their number or land mass, after all, all the actions are in the south now.

3 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by OmoOlomu(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
GET IT TO UR HEAD ALL U BLABBERS, WHAT THE JNI ARE SAYING IS NO INVESTIGATION DONE YET, AND ALSO A SIMILAR OCCURENCE IN MOGADISHU CANTONMENT 2YRS AGO DID NOT MAKE D AUTHORITY TRANSFER D MAN IN CHARGE OF D CANTONMENT. MEANING WHAT IS GOOD 4 D GOOSE IS GOOD FOR GANDER.
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by ejifranks(m): 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
And this is why i think Nigeria has a long way to go in forging meaningful national unity. The height of Nepotism, favouritism, Tribal sentiments and bias and religous self-cent redness is very worrisome. I doubt if we can continue like this for long...
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by SUBMARINE: 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com So Igbos are idol worshippers yet u depend on their OIL and that of their brother(South South) 2 survive. Pls ask allah(satan) 4 urs

4 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by Raxxye(m): 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
vedaxcool: The military is sowing disunity in its own rank? After all blame should b e aportioned after an investigation rather than rushing to play religious games.

what i think they are saying let due process be followed! shikena!

What is “due process“ in military posting and re-posting? Should it be put to vote? When did JNI become a military watch-dog? Those guys are beginning to bite more than they can chew! I wonder why CAN would even respond to such gibberish. It is only in Nigeria sha that a pure military affair would become a subject of religious debate. Absolute rubbi.sh!!!

2 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by blackmale1: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
Baba-Ibrahim:
How much more can a military commander be more wanting than a bomb going off under his command,infact they should be court marshaled. You guys stop exuding blatant bigotry joor!! there wasn't so much out cry from u guys when innocent people died as a result of this blast oh....
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by lafuria1(m): 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
the fact is JNI dont trust CAN and vice-versa. there is suspicison in the north that CAN wants to control the army in oder to cause harm to the muslim. CAN also have same suspicion. CAN will defend why this officers should go and JNI will protest and vice versa. i remember when CAN asked for saleh maina (commander in jos) to be removed after a certain attack in jos took place.

IF we are to go buy the logic that the officers should be sacked because their cantonment was bombed, i believe GEJ should be remove since he hasnt been able to solve the insecurity. this same CAN will kick against the removal of GEJ on security ground.

my point is both JNI and CAN are not helping issues by interfering in this matter. if army get polarised along religious line, we are domed. it is not a hidden fact that both JNI and CAN try to influence the number of muslim or christians that get recruited into the army. dont really know why.

2 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by lafuria1(m): 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
black male:
How much more can a military commander be more wanting than a bomb going off under his command,infact they should be court marshaled. You guys stop exuding blatant bigotry joor!! there wasn't so much out cry from u guys when innocent people died as a result of this blast oh....
the cheif commander of the armed forces doesnt give a damn about the innocent people and you know who that is.
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by gonzaga: 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2012
Personally, I feel deeply pained that the Jama’atu Nasril Islam, JNI will decide to introduce a religious angle to the recent redeployment of top military officers as a fallout to the recent Jaji bombings. Reacting to the redeployment, JNI had said amongst other things: “The fact that the two officers who were swiftly removed were Muslims, and were replaced by two officers who are non-Muslims makes any discerning observer to be suspicious of the motives behind the whole exercise.”

“It is our sincere concern to which we make bold to state that any attempt at politicizing the issue of security in Nigeria will not only worsen our security situation but will also continue to polarize the military family and the entire security system along religious and ethnic divides, something that would not augur well for the future of our dear nation.”

It is public knowledge that all over the world, whenever there is a security breach, it is usual for top heads to roll. JNI conveniently chose to forget that when Ogbonnaya Onovo was removed as IG, he was replaced by Hafez Ringim. They also forgot that when Azazi was sacked as NSA, it was Maccido that replaced him. In these occasions, JNI did not see anything wrong with a Muslim replacing a Christian. It is therefore both disgraceful and shameful for JNI to begin mopping up religious sentiments just because certain officers who were redeployed are Muslims. The question that one begins to ask is; was JNI initially consulted before these officers were appointed? Was it JNI that recruited them into the military? What is the interest of JNI to military postings and redeployments?

Only yesterday, the IG after visiting SARS office in Abuja said that heads would definitely roll as an aftermath of the recent boko haram attacks. This is the usual practice and an expected response to such brazen breach of security. Whether those heads would be Muslims or Christians, nobody knows yet. But heads will surely roll! It will therefore be sinister for anybody to attribute religious sentiments to whatever the IG will do. What cannot be denied is the fact that, a security breach precipitated his actions.

Religious leaders in this country have already caused enough problems. Let them all face their various religious issues and leave politics alone. If it is not CAN today, it is JNI tomorrow. Religion has brought great pains and misery to this country in recent times and I think it’s high time a law is passed that makes religion a strictly personal affair. This madness must stop!

6 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by ejifranks(m): 4:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
Omo-Olomu:
GET IT TO UR HEAD ALL U BLABBERS, WHAT THE JNI ARE SAYING IS NO INVESTIGATION DONE YET, AND ALSO A SIMILAR OCCURENCE IN MOGADISHU CANTONMENT 2YRS AGO DID NOT MAKE D AUTHORITY TRANSFER D MAN IN CHARGE OF D CANTONMENT. MEANING WHAT IS GOOD 4 D GOOSE IS GOOD FOR GANDER.
Mr Olomu or wateva you go by, what investigation are you talking about here, what has happened to all the investigations that have being undertaken since all the previous bombings, what have been their conclusions and how have they helped the security situation... And dont you know that in a civilised country,persons in charge of authority would need to resign their posts when things like this happens without even being asked to forcefully vacate to ensure that proper investigation like you proffered is done without fear, hindrances and sentiments... You read the news elsewhere in the western world , on how a an army general resigned his post just because he was accused of having extra marital affairs(This can never happen in Nigeria), do you think you are wiser than them. Please you need to revitalize your one sided mentality.

2 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by zoedicus: 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
Nigerians are so gullible. They get worked up when its not necessary bt send their head on holiday when its time for reasoning.
please tell me something. Is a man a xtian or muslim just because of his name? I'm paul and i've nt been to church ds year. I'm idris and d insides of a mosque are alien to me.
What are we talking about?
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by SUBMARINE: 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
@GONZAGA God bless u 4 ur recollection of facts. D simple truth is, if Northern Muslims are killed in d South, Northern officers would b sent South.
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by coruso(m): 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
i really wonder what is the objectives of JNI is why will the be religiously bais when incompitent officers are removed. why did they not raise a voice when churches where blown up and innocent lifes where kill do they take non-muslims to be chickens?. or the enjoy killing innocent christains am sorry for this country if we continue like this.

2 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by omenziate(m): 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2012
ACF and JNI are just Islamic Terrorist groups. Simple and short.

1 Like

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by SUBMARINE: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
@JNI during d hell days of Nigerdelta militancy was it not Northern Muslim officers who were sent to stop d militants. So y this biased conclusion.
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by checklots: 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sam Milla: Great move by defense headquaters. I suggest that all muslims be removed from any security org until Boko Haram goes to hell. They are sabotaging the security situation in this Country.
All they care about is Muhammed and Blood.
See your life! Do you think you have made any meaningful contribution? Your comment just revealed that you are not better than your BH fri**ds
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by SUBMARINE: 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
@JNI When Northern Muslim officers were sent 2 stop d militants did u complain. So y all this stupid talk against d posting of Southern Xtian Officers
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by tonyicez: 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
Arysexy: When boko bomb church and police stations and kill chritians and officers, they will be quite, when JTF begin an operation to sniff out the perpetuators, "northern elders" will wake up to cry murder!, when boko infiltrated jaji and asseembled bomb probably in JNI Mosque in Jaji and killed 15 christians, they were sleeping, when Military headquarter smell conspiracy and want to rectify the cause, they shout religious victimization.

Y do northerners always mix islam with politics?

They cant even separate it from common sense
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by emmasege: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
Can anyone pls tell these folks that the number one defence staff (chief of defence staff) in our nation is a muslim, and that he ordered the redeployment. Why is religious sentiment always attached to everything particularly by the far Northereners?

1 Like

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by chiefbatiatus(m): 5:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
Islam is not a religion, its a political movement clearly. But it can be a religion to a blind man. Anywhere there is Islam they must start hatred even where they are initially loved. The yoruba muslims because of the high exposure level of westerners do not follow the tenets of islam to the latter and as such, renders them less-religious in the sights of their northern muslim brothers who dont hesitate to slaughter them along with other alkafiris. In one sentence - Islam is built on hate

2 Likes

Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by maasoap(m): 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
Saint paris:
You can't defeat Jihad. What is Jihad? Fight against injustice, oppression, indiscipline, e.t.c. Not Boko Haram senseless and indiscriminate killings.
Re: JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants by maasoap(m): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
chief batiatus: Islam is not a religion, its a political movement clearly. But it can be a religion to a blind man. Anywhere there is Islam they must start hatred even where they are initially loved. The yoruba muslims because of the high exposure level of westerners do not follow the tenets of islam to the latter and as such, renders them less-religious in the sights of their northern muslim brothers who dont hesitate to slaughter them along with other alkafiris. In one sentence - Islam is built on hate
Totally and completely wrong conjecture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judith Amaechi Commiserates With Patience Jonathan Over Death Of Her Mum / Saraki Will Decide If Kwara PDP Can Join APC - Governor Ahmed / Dora Akunyili, One Year In Mind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.